Explore interesting sights in Neu-Ulm, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 20 sights are available in Neu-Ulm, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Neu-Ulm
1. Anna Essinger
Anna Essinger was a German Jewish educator. At the age of 20, she went to finish her education in the United States, where she encountered Quakers and was greatly influenced by their attitudes, adopting them for her own. In 1919, she returned to Germany on a Quaker war relief mission and was asked by her sister, who had founded a children's home, to help establish a school with it. She and her family founded a boarding school, the Landschulheim Herrlingen in 1926, with Anna Essinger as headmistress. In 1933, with the Nazi threat looming and the permission of all the parents, she moved the school and its 66 children, mostly Jewish, to safety in England, re-establishing it as the Bunce Court School. During the war, Essinger established a reception camp for 10,000 German children sent to England on the Kindertransports, taking some of them into the school. After the war, her school took many child survivors of Nazi concentration camps. By the time Essinger closed Bunce Court in 1948, she had taught and cared for over 900 children, most of whom called her Tante ("Aunt") Anna, or TA, for short. She remained in close contact with her former pupils for the rest of her life.
2. Red Dog for Landois
Keith Allen Haring was an American artist whose pop art emerged from the New York City graffiti subculture of the 1980s. His animated imagery has "become a widely recognized visual language". Much of his work includes sexual allusions that turned into social activism by using the images to advocate for safe sex and AIDS awareness. In addition to solo gallery exhibitions, he participated in renowned national and international group shows such as documenta in Kassel, the Whitney Biennial in New York, the São Paulo Biennial, and the Venice Biennale. The Whitney Museum held a retrospective of his art in 1997.
The Stadthaus Ulm is in the centre of Ulm (Germany), located on the Münsterplatz. Primarily, the building is used to present exhibitions of photography and modern and contemporary art. A lecture hall is used for a variety of events, activities, and workshops, including a festival of modern music. It houses the city's tourist information centre and other public services on the ground floor. A permanent exhibition of the archaeology and history of the Münsterplatz is located on the lower level.
The Martin Luther Church in Ulm was built between 1926 and 1928 in Ulm's Weststadt as a successor to the St. Martin's Church (Martinsstraße), which had become too small. The architect was Theodor Veil, who, as a member of the Deutscher Werkbund, implemented contemporary stylistic features in this sacred building in an original and creative way. The church is located on the Way of St. James, the historic pilgrimage route that leads from Ulm over the Kuhberg towards Lake Constance.
5. Alfred Neuburger
The list of Stolpersteine in Neu-Ulm lists the Stolpersteine that have existed in Neu-Ulm so far. They are part of the Europe-wide project "Stumbling Stones" by the Cologne artist Gunter Demnig. These are decentralised memorials intended to commemorate the fate of those who lived in Neu-Ulm and were deported by the Nazis and murdered in concentration camps and extermination camps, among other places.
The Butcher's Tower in Ulm is a city gate of the medieval city fortifications on the Danube, which is still preserved today. The square brick tower with pointed arch gates was built around 1340 as an outlet from the Hohenstaufen city fortifications to the Stadtmetzig, the town's slaughterhouse, in front of it. The upper floor with cantilevered round arches is closed by a steep hipped roof.
7. Elly Kluger
Ulm's stumbling block list lists the stumbling blocks that have existed in Ulm so far. They are part of artist Gunter Demnig's all-European project "Stolpersteine". These are scattered monuments designed to commemorate the fate of those who lived in Ulm, were expelled by state socialists, were murdered in concentration and extermination camps or were forced to flee their homes.
8. Walther Collection
The Walther Collection is a private non-profit organization dedicated to researching, collecting, exhibiting, and publishing modern and contemporary photography and video art. The collection has two exhibition spaces: the Walther Collection in Neu-Ulm/Burlafingen, in Germany, and the Walther Collection Project Space in New York City.
Ulm's town hall is one of the outstanding architectural monuments of the city of Ulm, not least because of the façade murals and an astronomical clock. Its complex building history – it consists of three different components – began in the 14th century. Its current appearance essentially dates back to the early Renaissance.
The Schwörhaus in Ulm is an imperial city representative building built at the beginning of the 17th century. After being destroyed and rebuilt several times, it is now used by the Ulm City Archives as the House of Ulm City History. From his balcony on Oath Monday, the mayor of Ulm gives an annual public account.
11. Haus der Begegnung
The Holy Trinity Church was founded by the Dominicans in Ulm. The church building was largely destroyed during World War II and was in ruins for decades. The reconstruction took place with a change of use. The building has been used since 1984 as the House of Encounter of the Evangelical Parish of Ulm.
Holzschwang is a parish village and district of the large district town of Neu-Ulm in Bavaria, Germany. The Holzschwang district includes Weiler, Tiefenbach and Neubronn. In the centre of the village is a castle built by patricians from Ulm from the second half of the 16th century.
13. Vorwerk Schwaighofen (Werk 12)
The fortress of Ulm was one of five federal fortresses of the German Confederation around the cities of Ulm and Neu-Ulm. With its 9 km polygonal main circumvallation Ulm had the biggest fortress in Germany in the 19th century and it is still one of the biggest in Europe.
14. Theater Ulm
Theater Ulm is the municipal theater in the Baden-Württemberg city of Ulm in Germany. Founded in 1641, it is the oldest municipal theater in Germany. Today, it operates distinct ensembles for opera/operetta, acting, and ballet. Until 2006, it operated as Ulmer Theater.
15. Neue Synagoge Ulm
The IRGW community center at Weinhof is the official name of the community center of the Orthodox Jewish community of Ulm. The builder and owner of the community center at Weinhof is the Israelite Religious Community of Württemberg (IRGW), based in Stuttgart.
16. Ulm Minster
17. Theater Neu-Ulm
18. Maria Holl
Maria Holl was an innkeeper and a victim of the witch hunt in Nördlingen. She was imprisoned in 1593 as an alleged witch. When she still did not confess after being tortured after 62 tortures, she was released after almost a year.
20. Wasserturm / ehem. Kriegspulvermagazin II
Neu-Ulm is the capital of the Neu-Ulm district and a town in Swabia, Bavaria. Neighbouring towns include Ulm, Senden, Pfaffenhofen an der Roth, Holzheim, Nersingen and Elchingen. The population is 58,978.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.