Here you can find interesting sights in Münster, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 29 sights are available in Münster, Germany.List of cities in Germany Sightseeing Tours in Münster
1. St. Petri
St. Petri, also Petrikirche, is a Catholic church in Münster, Germany. As the church of the former Jesuit college, the Petrikirche is the nucleus of the University of Münster. It is located not far from the cathedral on the university grounds between the Fürstenberghaus, the Faculty of Law and Catholic Theology on the Aa and today serves as the church of the Catholic Student and University Community of Münster (KSHG) and as the school church of the Paulinum Gymnasium. Because of the good acoustics, the church is considered a preferred space for sacred concerts; in addition, the Petrikirche is highly valued as a wedding church.
2. St. Lamberti
St Lambert's Church is a Roman Catholic church building in Münster (Westphalia) in Germany, dedicated to Lambert of Maastricht. Its present building is the most significant example of Westphalian late Gothic architecture. It lies on the north side of the Prinzipalmarkt in the city centre. Until the early 20th century, the Roggenmarkt contained the Drubbels district of housing. To the church's east lies the Alte Fischmarkt and the Salzstraße, whilst between the church and the Salzstraße is the Lambertikirchplatz with the Lambertibrunnen.
3. Fürstbischöfliches Schloss
Schloss Münster, officially Fürstbischöfliches Schloss Münster, is the schloss built as the residence of the prince-bishop of Münster, modern-day North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It was built between 1767 and 1787 in baroque style as a mansion for the last but one prince-bishop Maximilian Friedrich von Königsegg-Rothenfels. The architect was Johann Conrad Schlaun. Since 1954 it has been the seat and landmark of the Westphalian Wilhelms University. The castle is built from the typical Baumberger sandstone of Münster.
The Erbdrostenhof is a three-wing late Baroque palace in Münster, North-Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is located on Salzstraße. It was designed by Johann Conrad Schlaun for Adolf Heidenreich Freiherr Droste zu Vischering, Erbdrost of Münster and built between 1753 and 1757. Johann Christoph Manskirch produced sculptures for the building, whilst Nikolaus Loder painted frescoes in the interior - the latter were damaged during World War Two and restored between 1965 and 1967 by the Austrian restorer Paul Reckendorfer.
The Museum of Geology and Paleontology of William University of Westphalia in Munster, Westphalia, has exhibited many fossils from different ages since its opening in 1824. As it is the only museum in Westphalia with a large fossil collection for more than 150 years, many extraordinary discoveries have come to Munster, which are on display at the museum and kept in archives. In many cases, discovery sites are no longer available or developed, so some exhibits have considerable scientific value.
Kreuzschanze is a green area and former ski jumping hill on the northern edge of downtown Munster, Westphalia, at the level of the former Kreuztore. It was built between 1648 and 1660 with the hills of Hörstertor and Servatiitor and is the only complete hill. Initially, it was also protected by a moat, which was preserved in the form of two small ponds. Just to the southeast of the ski jumping hills, you'll find the Burden Tower, the last surviving tower in the former city fortifications.
Überwasserkirche is the common name of a Gothic hall church in Münster, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is a Liebfrauenkirche, dedicated to St. Mary. Officially St. Marien Überwasser, it is also called Liebfrauen-Überwasser. The name literally means "church beyond the water" and describes the location as on the other side of the Aa river, looking from the Münster Cathedral. It was inaugurated as part of an educational Stift in 1040, which later became the University of Münster.
8. Archäologisches Museum
The Archaeological Museum of the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität in the "Fürstenberghaus" on Domplatz in Münster primarily serves the Institute for Classical Archaeology and Early Christian Archaeology of the University for teaching and research purposes. In addition, it offers the public an insight into the subject area of archaeology and shows working methods and findings of research. The focus of the exhibition includes exhibits from Greek antiquity.
9. Kettelersche Kurie
The Ketteler Curia on Domplatz in Münster was built from 1712 to 1716 by the master builder Lambert Friedrich Corfey. The builder was Vicar General Nikolaus Hermann von Ketteler zu Harkotten, he decided in 1711 to establish a curia on his property. The building still belongs to the episcopal general vicariate and is used as a residence and archive. In the immediate vicinity of the Episcopal Palace, it forms a magnificent ensemble in the cathedral courtyard.
10. Evangelische Universitätskirche
The Observantenkirche is a church building in the old town of Münster on the corner of Schlaunstraße and Rosenstraße. It was the monastery church of the Franciscan Observants until the abolition of the monastery in 1811. The Observantenkirche is owned by the state of North Rhine-Westphalia and is today the Evangelical University Church and Concert Church of the Evangelical Theological Faculty of the University of Münster.
St. Aegidii, usually called Aegidiikirche, is a Roman Catholic church in the old town of Münster. Originally a Capuchin church, it took over after the demolition of the old Aegidii parish church its function and the Ägidius patronage. The monastery church, renovated by Johann Conrad Schlaun between 1724 and 1728, survived the bombing of Münster's city centre during the Second World War relatively unscathed.
The Tuckesburg is located on a small hill on the edge of the old zoo in Münster between Promenade, Himmelreichallee and Hüfferstraße. It was the house of Hermann Landois, built in 1892, where he lived from 17 March 1892 with his monkey "Lehmann" until his death. He had it built right next to the zoological garden he had founded according to his ideas. There he called himself "Count Tucks".
13. Museum für Lackkunst
The Museum of Lacquer Art is a museum in Münster, Westphalia devoted to the history of lacquer art. It is the only institution of its kind in the world, with a collection of around 1,000 objects from East Asia, Europe, and the Islamic world from more than two thousand years ago. The current director is art historian Gudrun Bühl. It is owned by BASF Coatings.
14. St. Servatii
St. Servatii in the Westphalian city of Münster, under the patronage and named after Saint Servatius of Tongern, is a historic church that dates back to around 1230 in its present form. This makes it one of the oldest churches in the city. For more than 700 years it was an independent parish until it became part of the Lamberti parish again.
St. Paul's Cathedral (German: St. Paul's Cathedral) is a Roman Catholic church in Münster, Germany. The cathedral of the diocese of Münster is one of the most important church buildings in Münster and, along with the historic town hall, is one of the city's landmarks. The cathedral is administered by the cathedral chapter of Münster.
The Lukaskirche in Münster is a Protestant church in the west of the city, near the traffic junction Coesfelder Kreuz. Its silhouette is visible from afar next to the buildings of the university hospitals. Already 50 years after its construction, the Lukaskirche was registered as an architectural monument.
17. Theater Münster
Theater Münster is a municipal theatre in Münster, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, for plays and music theatre. When it opened in 1956 it was regarded as the first new theatre building in Germany after World War II. It integrates some ruins of the former theatre and musical school destroyed in the war.
The Apostelkirche in Münster is the main Protestant church of the city. It is located in the northern part of the historic old town about halfway between St. Lamberti and the promenade belt. It was built as a monastery church of the Franciscans and was from 1517 the church of the Minorite monastery.
The St. John's Chapel in Münster is a small Gothic church building on the Breul in the northwest of the historic old town. It belongs to the Evangelical Apostle Church congregation and is used by various groups and denominations for divine services in a special form.
20. Deutsches Studentenheim
The German Student Home (DSH), also known as "der oder das Breul" or "Burse", is one of the oldest student homes in Munster, Germany. It was built in 1928 and designed by Hans Osterman. On March 3, 1986, the facade of this building was listed as a historical monument.
St. Martini is one of the oldest Catholic religious buildings in the Westphalian city of Münster under the patronage of Saint Martin and was built around the 1180s. It is located on the corner of Martinistraße and Neubrückenstraße near the theatre.
The Clemenskirche in the Westphalian city of Münster is a monastery and hospital church built according to plans by Johann Conrad Schlaun in the years 1745 to 1753 for the Barmherzige Brüder (Brothers of Mercy). The monastery was dissolved in 1811.
The Matthäuskirche is a Protestant church in the southern quarter of the city of Münster at Antoniusstraße 36 in the middle of a residential area. It belongs to the Evangelical Church of Westphalia and is named after the evangelist Matthäus.
Kunstmuseum Pablo Picasso Münster opened in 2000 in Westfälischen Münster, with a collection of more than 800 exhibits, including lithographs and other collections of Pablo Picasso with different artistic techniques and creation periods.
25. Villa ten Hompel
The Villa ten Hompel is a memorial site for offenses committed by the police and government administration during the National Socialist period in the city of Münster, located in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
26. Münsters GESCHICHTE VON UNTEN
Paul Wulf was a victim of the Nazi regime, which judicially processed his forced sterilization as an allegedly "imbecile" and gained regional fame through the organization of anti-fascist exhibitions in and around Münster.
The Catholic parish church Herz-Jesu-Kirche is located in the southeast of Münster in Westphalia, just outside the inner city ring, in the district Herz-Jesu named after it. The portal façade faces Wolbecker Straße.
28. St. Mauritz
The St Moritz Catholic Abbey and Parish Church is the oldest sacred building in Munster, partially well preserved. It is located to the west of Mauritzviertel, just outside the city center, in Sankt-Mauritz-Freiheit.
Stadtweinhaus of Munster ("Stadtweinhaus") is a winery located in the city of Munster, Westphalia, in Prinzipalmarkt. It is a representative annex to Munster's historic town hall and one of Munster's landmarks.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.