12 Sights in Landshut, Germany (with Map and Images)
Explore interesting sights in Landshut, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 12 sights are available in Landshut, Germany.List of cities in Germany Sightseeing Tours in Landshut
1. Heiliger Georg Drachentöter
Saint George, also George of Lydda, was a Christian who is venerated as a saint in Christianity. According to tradition he was a soldier in the Roman army. Saint George was a soldier of Cappadocian Greek origin and member of the Praetorian Guard for Roman emperor Diocletian, who was sentenced to death for refusing to recant his Christian faith. He became one of the most venerated saints and megalomartyrs in Christianity, and he has been especially venerated as a military saint since the Crusades. He is respected by Christians, Druze, as well as some Muslims as a martyr of monotheistic faith.
2. Heilig Geist
The Roman Catholic Church of the Holy Spirit in the old town of Landshut is a subsidiary church of the parish of St. Martin. It is owned by the city of Landshut. The three-nave, late Gothic hall church was built between 1407 and 1461 according to the plans of Hans von Burghausen. Since the completion of a major renovation project in 1998, it has been used as a venue for exhibitions of the museums of the city of Landshut, but is not profaned. The Patrozinium is celebrated every year with a mass on Whit Monday. Otherwise, there are no services in the Holy Spirit Church.
3. Jesuitenkirche Sankt Ignatius
The former Jesuit monastery church of St. Ignatius is located at the upper end of the Landshut street Neustadt. It formally forms the conclusion of the Neustadt to the Hofberg. Attached to it is the former Jesuit College Landshut. The towerless church is a subsidiary church of the parish of St. Martin and counts both as an architectural monument of the Bavarian State Office for the Preservation of Monuments and as a protected cultural asset according to the Hague Convention. The patron saint of the church is Saint Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Jesuits.
4. Wachsender Stein E von Schönbrunn
This is a list of geotopes in the city of Landshut in Bavaria, Germany. The list contains the official names and numbers of the Bavarian State Office for the Environment (LfU) as well as their geographical location. This list may be incomplete. About 3,400 geotopes are recorded in the Bavarian geotope cadastre. The LfU does not see some geotopes suitable for publication on the Internet. For example, some objects are not safely accessible or may only be accessed to a limited extent for other reasons.
5. St. Jodok
St. Jodok, also called Jodokskirche, is the second oldest parish church in Landshut after the parish church of St. Martin. Along with St. Martin's Church and the Holy Spirit Church, it is one of the three large Gothic brick churches in Landshut's old town. Still in the High Gothic, the construction was completed like several other Landshut churches in the second half of the 15th century, i.e. during the late Gothic. Most of today's furnishings date back to the neo-Gothic period in the 19th century.
6. Basilika Sankt Martin
The Church of St. Martin in Landshut is a medieval church in Bavaria. St. Martin's Church, along with Trausnitz Castle and the celebration of the Landshuter Hochzeit (wedding), are the most important landmarks and historical events of Landshut. The Brick Gothic building features Bavaria's tallest church tower, and this steeple is also the 2nd tallest brick structure in the world made without steel supports. St. Martin's church's bell tower has a height of 130.6 metres (428 ft).
7. Burghauser Tor
Landshut is a town in Bavaria in the south-east of Germany. Situated on the banks of the River Isar, Landshut is the capital of Lower Bavaria, one of the seven administrative regions of the Free State of Bavaria. It is also the seat of the surrounding district, and has a population of more than 70,000. Landshut is the largest city in Lower Bavaria, followed by Passau and Straubing, and Eastern Bavaria's second biggest city.
8. Burgruine Wolfstein
Wolfstein Castle (German: Burg Wolfstein) is the ruin of a high medieval hilltop castle at 450 m above sea level above the southern Isarhangleite, a few kilometres southwest of Niederaichbach in the eastern part of the district-free city of Landshut in Lower Bavaria. It lies within Wolfsbach's municipal area and borough 07 Frauenberg.
The war memorial of the city of Landshut "Deutsche Eiche" was erected in memory of the soldiers who fell in the First World War. It stands in the middle of the Landshut Neustadt at the intersection of Steckengasse in the direction of the old town and the Barfüßergasse in the direction of the district Freyung.
10. St. Margaret
The Roman Catholic parish church of St. Margaret in Landshut-Achdorf is a neo-baroque church building, which was built in the years 1910 to 1912 according to the plans of the Regensburg architect Heinrich Hauberrisser. It replaced the old Gothic church as the parish church of the originally rural Achdorf.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Redeemer is a modern church building in the east of the Bavarian city of Landshut. There is a certain risk of confusion with the Christuskirche in the west of Landshut, as this was originally also called the Church of the Redeemer.
12. Skulpturenmuseum im Hofberg
The Koenigmuseum is a museum of sculpture in Landshut, Germany. It houses the work and collections of the sculptor Fritz Koenig (1924-2017), which he brought to the Fritz and Maria Koenig Foundation in 1993.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.