59 Sights in Koblenz, Germany (with Map and Images)
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Koblenz:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Explore interesting sights in Koblenz, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 59 sights are available in Koblenz, Germany.List of cities in GermanySightseeing Tours in Koblenz
1. Deutsches EckBook Ticket*
Deutsches Eck is the name of a promontory in Koblenz, Germany, where the Mosel river joins the Rhine. Named after a local commandry of the Teutonic Order, it became known for a monumental equestrian statue of William I, first German Emperor, erected in 1897 in appreciation of his role in the unification of Germany. One of many Emperor William monuments raised in the Prussian Rhine Province, it was destroyed in World War II and only the plinth was preserved as a memorial. Following German reunification, a replica of the statue was erected on the pedestal after controversial discussions in 1993. It is today a Koblenz monument and a popular tourist attraction.
2. LiebfrauenkircheBook Ticket*
The Liebfrauenkirche is a Catholic church in the center of the old town of Koblenz. Together with the other two Romanesque churches, the former collegiate churches of St. Castor and St. Florin, it shapes the silhouette of the old town. The beginnings of the church, which is located at the highest point of the old town, date back to the 5th century. From the late Middle Ages until the French Revolution, it was the main parish church of Koblenz. It bears the patronage of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and is a major work of medieval sacred architecture on the Middle Rhine.
3. Historische 'Wache Schießstände' (Ruine)
The shooting range Lösnich was a shooting range in Lösnich in the forest above the village in a southerly direction above the former field district "In der Lust". Today cut off by a forest road, which was newly created as part of the land consolidation in 1976, the complex consists of an artificially created moat, which is still 60 m long and up to 5 m wide, which ends slightly rising in an east-west direction with a heaped earth wall in the target area. Here, on the left side of the ditch, there is a small bunker-like shelter made of quarry stone (slate) with a side length of about 3 × 4 m and a flat concrete ceiling in the form of a Prussian cap ceiling. The door and windows to the ditch are open and the building fabric is already severely damaged.
The Florinskirche is a Protestant church in the old town of Koblenz. The church building, built around 1100 and dominating the city skyline, belonged to the monastery of St. Florin, which was secularized in 1802. In 1820 it was assigned to the Evangelical parish of Koblenz. The early medieval church building is a prime example of Romanesque sacred architecture on the Middle Rhine. Together with the Bürresheimer Hof, the Altes Kaufhaus and the Schöffenhaus, the Florinskirche forms an ensemble of four historic buildings on Florinsmarkt. It is owned in equal parts by the state of Rhineland-Palatinate, in the legal succession of Prussia, and the Evangelical parish of Koblenz-Mitte.
5. Wehrtechnische Studiensammlung
The Bundeswehr Museum of German Defense Technology also known as Wehrtechnisches Museum Koblenz and Wehrtechnische Studiensammlung Koblenz (WTS-Koblenz) is the official Bundeswehr's Defense Technology Study Collection in Koblenz. It is one of Germany's important technical military exhibitions, with about 30,000 objects on an exhibition area of around 7,000 square metres (75,000 sq ft). It is known as one of the most extensive collections of its kind internationally. The main focus of the museum is on defense technology and the military science library. It is a subsidiary of the Federal Office of Bundeswehr Equipment, Information Technology and In-Service Support.
Wikipedia: Bundeswehr Museum of German Defense Technology (EN)
6. Feste Kaiser Franz
The Feste Kaiser Franz, also called Feste Franz, was part of the Prussian fortress Koblenz and the main work of the system Feste Kaiser Franz. The fortress on the Petersberg in today's Koblenz district of Lützel was completed in 1822. After its demolition in 1922, large remains of the fortification were blown up in 1959. The two lateral ends of the semicircular reduit and the throat tower at the foot of the Petersberg have been preserved. It was named after the Austrian Emperor Franz I, an ally of Prussia in the Holy Alliance against Napoleon in the Wars of Liberation.
7. Alte Burg
The Old Castle was a former Elector-owned, substantial water castle in the German city of Koblenz, incepted in the 13th century. It is today reduced to the later Burghaus ; which houses the city archives. It sits on tall foundations and has a tall, black slate roof with further floors in the attic and two small cupolas. The lowland castle abutted the remaining building in the old town quarter. The castle house stands tall, next to the Moselle's right-bank towpath downstream of the strategic Baldwin Bridge built in 1342. The bridge, much-repaired, remains intact.
8. Ehrenmal des Heeres
The German Army Memorial at Ehrenbreitstein Fortress in Koblenz is a memorial dedicated to the Bundeswehr in 1972 for the fallen German army soldiers in the two world wars and, since 2006, also for the Bundeswehr members of the army who died in foreign missions and in peacetime. Patron of the memorial is the Inspector of the Army. At his side and responsible for the maintenance of the memorial is the Kuratorium Ehrenmal des Deutschen Heeres e. V. The owner of the memorial and at the same time the Ehrenbreitstein fortress is the state of Rhineland-Palatinate.
The Empress Augusta Monument in Koblenz was erected in honor of Augusta of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, the wife of William I and German Empress. The monument stands in the southern section of the Rhine facilities initiated by Augusta as a landscape park in the Südliche Vorstadt district and was inaugurated on 18 October 1896, six years after her death. The Augusta sculpture in the monument is by Karl Friedrich Moest. The monument itself was planned and built by Bruno Schmitz, who is also the creator of the Deutsches Eck two kilometres down the Rhine.
10. Basilika Sankt Kastor
The Basilica of St. Castor is the oldest church in Koblenz in the German state of Rhineland Palatinate. It is located near Deutsches Eck at the confluence of the Rhine and the Moselle. A fountain called Kastorbrunnen was built in front of the basilica during Napoleon’s invasion of Russia in 1812. Pope John Paul II raised St. Castor to a basilica minor on 30 July 1991. This church is worth seeing for the historical events that have occurred in it, its extensive Romanesque construction and its largely traditional furnishings.
The Barbara Monument, also known as the Artillery Monument, is a monument inaugurated in 1907 on Kaiser-Wilhelm-Ring in Koblenz. It was built in honor of the soldiers of the Rhenish Field Artillery Regiment No. 8, which was stationed in Koblenz from 1820 to 1887, who fell in the wars of unification of the 19th century. The war memorial was damaged in the air raids on Koblenz and finally dismantled in 1956 in the course of road construction. In autumn 2014, the restored monument was rebuilt near its original location.
The wine fountain, also called grape carrier fountain, is a fountain in the Rhine facilities of Koblenz. The wine fountain created in 1928 was originally set up in front of the Rheinhalle on the former event site of the "Reich Exhibition German Wine" from 1925. During the removal after the Second World War, the grape carrier sculpture of the fountain in the wine village found a new home. At the initiative of the Rheinanlagen e. V. , the full wine fountain in 2013 was rebuilt on a meadow in front of the wine village.
Philippsburg Palace was part of the electoral residence in Ehrenbreitstein, which is now a district of Koblenz. The electors and archbishops of Trier resided here from 1632 to 1786. The castle was so damaged in 1801 when the Ehrenbreitstein fortress was blown up by the French that it had to be demolished. Nothing remains of the castle, which was one of the largest and most important Baroque buildings on the Rhine. Only the neighbouring buildings belonging to the castle have survived the passage of time.
14. St. Jakobus
St. Jakobus is a chapel of the Old Catholic parish in Koblenz. The Gothic church, built in 1355, was originally a cemetery chapel of the Teutonic Order. It is located opposite the Kastorkirche and is attached to the south wing of the former Leyensche Hof, which today houses the Rhineland-Palatinate State Office for Roads and Transport. The patron saint of the chapel and congregation is James the Elder. The Koblenz community belongs to the Old Catholic Church in Germany.
15. Jüdischer Friedhof Koblenz
The Jewish cemetery in Koblenz is a well-preserved burial place of the Jewish community in northern Rhineland-Palatinate. The Jewish cemetery in Rauental, first built in 1303, is bordered to the north by today's synagogue of the Jewish community of Koblenz and the surrounding districts, which served as a funeral hall until 1947. In its history, the cemetery was abolished and destroyed several times, but was repeatedly re-established by the Jewish community in Koblenz.
Maria Hilf was a Catholic parish and pilgrimage church in Koblenz. It was completed in 1953 in the district of Lützel and was attached to the Maria Hilf Chapel, which had already been built between 1905 and 1907. It is under the patronage of Saint Mary, Mother of Jesus, in her function as a help to Christians. In January 2017, the church was deconsecrated and demolished in May of the same year, but the older chapel has been preserved and is being restored.
17. Wache am Helfenstein
Helfenstein Castle (German: Burg Helfenstein) is an abandoned spur castle on the Ehrenbreitstein in Koblenz, Germany. It was built around 1160 by the von Helfenstein family on a mountain spur south of Ehrenbreitstein Castle in the Electorate of Trier. Both castles were separated by a deep gorge. The family initially served on the Ehrenbreitstein, but expanded their dominion around 1300 with the construction of the Sporkenburg and Mühlenbach Castle.
18. Klosterkirche St. Franziskus, St. Philippus Ap. und Karl Borromäus
The Capuchin Monastery Koblenz was a monastery in Koblenz, which was operated from 1627 to 2008 with interruptions by Capuchins. The monastery in the Ehrenbreitstein district was from 1908 to 2007 the seat of the provincial administration of the Rhenish-Westphalian Order Province. The baroque church of St. Francis belongs to the monastery complex. Since 2013, parts of the monastery have been used by a convent of the Teutonic Order.
19. Café Hahn
Café Hahn is a music and cabaret club in Koblenz, Germany. Located in the district of Güls, the club was founded in 1981 by Karl Hubert Hahn. He took over the long-established café with a small supermarket from his father and made it the most important cultural club on the Middle Rhine. From 24 to 28 May 2006, the 25th anniversary was celebrated with a large festival and over 50 bands and artists in and around Café Hahn.
20. Kurfürstliches Schloss
The Electoral Palace in Koblenz, was the residence of the last Archbishop and Elector of Trier, Clemens Wenceslaus of Saxony, who commissioned the building in the late 18th century. In the mid-19th century, the Prussian Crown Prince had his official residence there during his years as military governor of the Rhine Province and the Province of Westphalia. It now houses various offices of the federal government.
21. Altes Kaufhaus
The Altes Kaufhaus, also known as the Altes Kauf- und Tanzhaus, is a medieval building in the old town of Koblenz. Built from 1419 to 1425 in late Gothic style, the building underwent a Baroque reconstruction in 1724 and housed the Middle Rhine Museum from 1965 to 2013. Together with the Bürresheimer Hof, the Schöffenhaus and the Florinskirche, it forms an ensemble of four historic buildings on Florinsmarkt.
The historical column is the main part of a fountain on Josef-Görres-Platz in the old town of Koblenz. In 1992 he was given to the city for the 2000th anniversary of the Rhineland-Palatinate. However, the fountain created by the sculptor Jürgen Weber and the city was only handed over to the city and only on June 1, 2000. Years of the city of Koblenz in ten pictures from Roman times to the present day.
23. Sankt Josef
The Pfarrkirche St. Josef is a Catholic church in the southern suburbs of Koblenz. It was built at the end of the 19th century as part of the southern expansion of the city. At 93 m, its church tower, which characterises the cityscape, is the highest in the city. It bears the patronage of St. Joseph, which is a signal of the Catholic Church's assertion against Prussia a few years after the Kulturkampf.
The Mosellum – Erlebniswelt – Fischpass Koblenz is a visitor and information centre at the Koblenz barrage. In the course of the modernization of the fish pass, the Mosellum with an exhibition around the Moselle was built and opened in 2011. The exhibition informs visitors on four levels about the topics of water ecology, fish migration in the Moselle, shipping and power generation.
25. Denkmal für das Infanterie-Regiment „von Goeben“ Nr. 28
The Monument to the Infantry Regiment "von Goeben" No. 28 is a monument in memory of the fallen soldiers of the Infantry Regiment "von Goeben" No. 28. The monument, erected in 1930, is located in the courtyard of Fort Helfenstein in Koblenz in front of Ehrenbreitstein Fortress. After its partial destruction in 1945, only the base of the monument has been preserved as a memorial stone.
Wikipedia: Denkmal für das Infanterie-Regiment „von Goeben“ Nr. 28 (DE)
26. Ehemalige Stadtkommandantur Koblenz
The former Stadtkommandantur Koblenz is a building in Koblenz, Germany. The front is at the place Am Plan. The building has been used over time as both a town hall and a fire station. Today it is a residential building. The building is an example of strict Baroque architecture based on the French model, which shaped Koblenz at the beginning and in the last third of the 18th century.
27. St. Mauritius
The parish church of St. Mauritius is a Catholic church in Koblenz, Germany. The parish church is located at the highest point in the district of Rübenach and thus decisively determines its silhouette. The church was built between 1862 and 1866 and has a brick spire as a special feature. It bears the patronage of Saint Maurice, secondary patron saint is Saint Aldegundis.
The Herz-Jesu-Kirche is a Catholic church in the old town of Koblenz, which was built as part of the southern expansion of the city from 1900 to 1903. It is one of the most important neo-Romanesque sacred buildings in Germany. North of the parish church is the Löhr-Center, an inner-city shopping center. She bears the patronage of devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
29. Escarpe der Neuendorfer Flesche
The Neuendorfer Flesche was part of the Prussian fortress Koblenz and belonged to the system of the Feste Kaiser Franz. From the Flesche, which was completed in today's Koblenz district of Lützel in 1825, only underground remains in the area of the Rhine barracks have been preserved after the grinding in 1910. It is named after the neighboring district of Neuendorf.
The Schöffenhaus was the seat of the Electorate of Trier Court of Aldermen for the city of Koblenz. Built from 1528 to 1530 in late Gothic style, the building housed part of the Middle Rhine Museum until 2013. Together with the Bürresheimer Hof, the Altes Kaufhaus and the Florinskirche, it forms an ensemble of four historic buildings on Florinsmarkt.
31. Alt-St. Servatius
Alt-St. Servatius is a Catholic church in Koblenz, Germany. The former parish church was built in the 13th century in the district of Güls. After the late Hohenstaufen basilica had become too small, it was replaced only 160 meters away by the new parish church of St. Servatius, built in 1833–1840. It bears the patronage of St. Servatius of Tongern.
The Jesuit Church of St. John the Baptist, today also called Citykirche, is a branch church of the Catholic parish of St. Castor in Koblenz. It stands on the site of the 17th-century church destroyed in 1944 on Jesuitenplatz next to the former Jesuit college, which today houses the Koblenz town hall. The patron saint of the church is John the Baptist.
The Holy Cross Church is a Catholic church in Koblenz, Germany. The former parish church in the Ehrenbreitstein district was built between 1962 and 1964 on the site of a previous building from the 18th century. The neighbouring Heribertturm has served the church as a bell tower since 1848. The church is dedicated to the Holy Cross, where Jesus died.
34. DB Museum Koblenz
The DB Museum in Koblenz was opened on 21 April 2001 as the first remote site of the Nuremberg Transport Museum. It is run by volunteer workers as part of the Stiftung Bahn-Sozialwerk (BSW), a kind of railway workers social service organisation, and has its origins in a BSW's 'Group for the Preservation of Historical Railway Vehicles' at Koblenz.
35. Kriegerdenkmal 'Metternicher Eule'
The Metternicher Eul(e) is a Prussian war memorial in Koblenz, which is located on the Kimmelberg in the district of Metternich. The monument now known as Eul' is actually an obelisk with an eagle. It was built in honor of fallen soldiers of the Prussian army from the municipality of Metternich and is today the landmark of Metternich.
36. Ludwig Fresenius Schulen
The Salesian Convent of Koblenz was a monastery of the Order of the Visitation of Mary in Koblenz, Germany. The nunnery convent, founded in 1863 in the Moselweiß district, was abandoned in 1986. After that, a sports boarding school moved in, the monastery church of the Visitation of Mary was taken over by the Society of St. Pius X.
Clemensbrunnen is a fountain in the Old City of Koblenz. Built in 1791, the fountain originally stood on Clemens Square and was connected to the first water selection pipe. He has been standing at Deinhardplatz in front of the theatre since 1970. Its name comes from its builder, Trier's last elector, Clemence Windsor of Saxony.
The Rheinburg is a castle-like villa in Koblenz. It is located in the Ehrenbreitstein district and goes back to the Klausenberg factory, which was built as part of the Ehrenbreitstein city fortifications between 1827 and 1833. Thus, this caponier belonged to the Niederehrenbreitstein system of the Prussian fortress of Koblenz.
The Joseph Görres Monument in Koblenz was erected in honor of the city-born publicist Joseph Görres. The monument stands behind the Electoral Palace in the Rhine facilities and was inaugurated on 24 June 1928. The bronze sculpture on a pedestal made of Rochlitz porphyry is by the Düsseldorf sculptor Richard Langer.
40. St. Peter
The Pfarrkirche St. Peter is a Catholic church in Koblenz, Germany. A first church building in the district of Neuendorf was completed in 1725 on the banks of the Rhine and expanded at the beginning of the 20th century. It decisively shapes the silhouette of Neuendorf and bears the patronage of the Apostle Peter.
41. Sankt Elisabeth
The Pfarrkirche St. Elisabeth is a Catholic church in Koblenz, Germany. Built in the Rauental district, the church is one of the most important churches of the 1950s on the Middle Rhine. Since 2012 it has been used mainly as a youth church "X-Ground". It bears the patronage of St. Elisabeth of Thuringia.
Schängel is a dialectal name for the boys born in the city of Koblenz. Koblenz is also often referred to as the "Schängel city". A carnival song was dedicated to the Schängeln in 1914 and a fountain was built to them in the courtyard of the town hall in 1941, which became a landmark of the city.
The Christuskirche is a Protestant church in Koblenz, Germany. It is the first new Protestant church building in Koblenz, which was completed in the course of the southern expansion of the city in 1904, and belongs to the Koblenz church district of the Evangelical Church in the Rhineland.
44. St. Servatius
The parish church of St. Servatius is a Catholic church in Koblenz. The parish church was built in the Güls district in 1833-1840 and replaces the old Servatiuskirche from the 13th century that had become too small. It bears the patronal feast of the Holy Servatius of Tongern.
The Carolaturm is an observation tower in Koblenz, Germany. It stands on a steep slope to the Moselle in the district of Lay and offers a view of the Moselle valley and Winningen. The tower is a monument for the tourist development and the instrumentalization of the landscape.
The Mutter-Beethoven-Haus in Koblenz is the birthplace of Maria Magdalena Keverich, the mother of the composer Ludwig van Beethoven, in which a museum has been set up since 1975. The house from the 17th century has been preserved to this day in the centre of Ehrenbreitstein.
47. St. Laurentius
The Pfarrkirche St. Laurentius is a Catholic church in Koblenz, Germany. The parish church in the district Moselweiß was built at the beginning of the 13th century and underwent several conversions and extensions over time. It bears the patronage of St. Lawrence of Rome.
The Großheiligenhäuschen is a Catholic chapel in Koblenz, Germany. The Heiligenhäuschen in the district of Güls was built in the 15th century outside the village on the road to Winningen and invited passing people to pray and rest or offered them protection in storms.
The Klausenbergkapelle is a chapel in Koblenz, Germany. The Marien Chapel, built in the 19th century, stands in the Ehrenbreitstein district and has a memorial plaque for the Electorate of Trier Lieutenant Baron Arnold von Solemacher (1766–1795), who died here in 1795.
50. Pfarrkirche St. Martinus
The Pfarrkirche St. Martinus is a Catholic church in Koblenz, Germany. The parish church in the district of Lay was built in the first half of the 13th century and underwent several conversions and extensions over time. It bears the patronage of Saint Martin of Tours.
51. Alte Münze
The Alte Münze is the former mint master's house of the electoral mint in Koblenz. Originally, the coin consisted of several buildings, but these were demolished except for the Münzmeisterhaus. Today, the Münzplatz in Koblenz's old town is located in this area.
The Pfarrkirche Maria Himmelfahrt is a Catholic church in Koblenz, Germany. The parish church was built in 1959 in the later founded district of Asterstein on the ground plan of the Holy Robe. It carries the patronage after the Solemnity of the Assumption of Mary.
53. St. Antonius Eremit
St. Antonius Eremit is a Catholic chapel in Koblenz, Germany. The chapel in Bisholder, a district of the Koblenz district of Güls, is a branch of the parish church of St. Servatius and was probably built in 1764. It bears the patronage of Saint Anthony the Great.
The Peter Altmeier Monument in Koblenz is a monument in honor of the former Prime Minister of Rhineland-Palatinate, Peter Altmeier. The monument, inaugurated in 1981, is located in the Moselle facilities (Peter-Altmeier-Ufer) not far from the Deutsches Eck.
The Marceau monument is a monument in Koblenz in honor of the French general François Séverin Marceau (1769–1796). It is located in the French cemetery in the Lützel district and was originally built in 1797 as a tomb for Marceau on Petersberg.
The Kastorbrunnen in the forecourt of the Basilica of St. Kastor in Koblenz, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany, is a curious testimony of the Napoleonic Wars. The fountain, built in 1812, was connected to the first aqueduct of the Elector Palatine.
The Rhein-Museum Koblenz is a cultural-historical museum in Koblenz that shows life on the Rhine from a different aspects. The museum, founded in 1912, has the focus of shipping, ecology, hydrology, Rhine romance, tourism, economy and history.
The Johannes Müller Monument in Koblenz is a monument in honor of the physician Johannes Müller, who was born in the city. It is located in the old town in the center of Jesuitenplatz in front of the town hall of the city of Koblenz.
The Konradhaus is a cultural monument in Koblenz-Ehrenbreitstein, which was built in 1874 as a casino and officers' dormitory. Afterwards it was used by the Capuchin monastery Koblenz and as a theatre.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.