Explore interesting sights in Heilbronn, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 24 sights are available in Heilbronn, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Heilbronn
1. Widmann’sche Papiermaschinenfabrik
The Widmann Paper Machinery Factory in Leintal in Neckargartach was a machine factory founded by Johann Jakob Widmann. Widmann had built the first continental European paper machine during the industrialization and produced it in a workshop in Heilbronn until 1840 before acquiring the premises in Leintal and building a new factory there. The plant also has remains of a workshop building, which, after Widmann's bankruptcy, continues to be used as a paper mill, converted to a pump plant around 1900 and used as such until the 1960s. In the second half of the 1990s, the complex was renovated and supplemented by a historic hammer forge. The property is now the historical industrial park Neckargartach.
Experimenta is a science center in Heilbronn, Baden-Württemberg. The world of learning and adventure is housed in the former warehouse Hagenbucher and a new building opened in March 2019 on the crane island. It is intended to make science and technology available to people of all ages. The experimenta consists of the exhibition area “Explorer Worlds”, the “Experience Worlds” with Science Dome, Observatory and Experimental Theatre as well as the “Research Worlds” in existing construction with eight laboratories, an experimental kitchen, the student research centre Nordwürttemberg and the Maker Space.
Kilian's Church on Kaiserstraße in Heilbronn is a Gothic hall church constructed from Heilbronner sandstone, whose origin dates back to the 11th century. Its western tower, constructed by Hans Schweiner, is one of the first major Renaissance buildings to be built north of the Alps. Inside the church there is an altar by Hans Seyffer from 1498, which is regarded as a masterpiece of sculpture from the Late German Gothic period. Some of the stained glass is by Charles Crodel. The Monument Foundation of Baden-Württemberg appointed the church as monument of the month in December 2016.
4. Stadtkirche (Pankratiuskirche)
The Pankratius Church in the Böckingen district of Heilbronn is a Protestant parish church whose oldest parts date back to the 13th century. The church was supplemented by a staircase tower in 1610 and received its present form by a comprehensive extension under Heinrich Interlmetsch around 1900. On the northern side of the Pankratius Church, the Old Böcking Cemetery joins, which was replaced by a new cemetery on Heidelberger Strasse, not least because of the operating noise of the Heilbronn shunting station in 1905.
5. St. Alban
The church of St. Alban in the Heilbronn district of Kirchhausen in northern Baden-Württemberg is a Catholic parish church. The church, built from 1841 to 1844 in the round arch style of neuromaniac, is the oldest preserved church in the place, which, due to its former belonging to the Teutonic Order, was predominantly Catholic down to the recent past. As part of the various renovation work in 1931 and 1981, monumental ceiling paintings by Anton Glassen from Heidelberg and August Blepp were lost.
The Wilhelm-Waiblinger-Haus is a building built in 1927 in Heilbronn. In its eventful history, it already served as a youth hostel, school building, employment office and vehicle registration office. It has been the seat of the city and district youth ring since 1978, which currently has 65 member associations and associations. Since then it has been named after the poet Wilhelm Waiblinger.
The town hall in Heilbronn is located in the centre of the historic centre of Heilbronn. Its main building is the main part of the Old Town Hall, which was rebuilt after its destruction in the Second World War. A four-winged, modern building complex is attached to it, which encloses the ruins of the old city archive from the 18th century, which have been converted into a hall of honour.
8. Villa Wolf
The Villa Wolf is a villa at Parkstrasse 33 in the Sontheim district of Heilbronn. The villa built in 1903/04 is an example of a typical two -family house in Art Nouveau and represents the taste of the time. It is also one of the few preserved buildings in Heilbronn, which were built by citizens of Jewish faith and "ared" at the time of National Socialism.
9. Rathaus Ehrenhalle
The honorary hall in Heilbronn from Heilbronn's sandstone is located in the courtyard of the Heilbronn town hall. The memorial built in the ruin of the old city archive with Hiroshima mosaic by Karl Knappe is reminiscent of the dead of the Second World War and the victims of the Third Reich and is one of numerous important buildings in Heilbronn.
10. Bürgeramt Sontheim
The former town hall at Hauptstraße 7 in Sontheim was built as a residential building in 1895 and converted into a town hall in 1905. The ground floor is broken down horizontally in the style of the neo -Renaissance and the upper floor shows the country house character through the decorative visibility. The house is under monument protection.
11. Rechtsanwälte Freudrich & Krengel
The factory villa with a garden house in the factory park was built in 1948/49 according to plans by the architect Ludwig Hilmar Kresse for the merchant and owner of an oil factory Kurt Scheuerle and is located at Grünewaldstraße 48/1 or Lomedstraße 9/1 in the Heilbronn district of Böckingen. The building is a historical monument.
The shooting range is a Rococo structure in Heilbronn. The building, built around 1770, has its name from its original use as a rifle house, it was also the hall building of the currently founded Heilbronn horse market. The building has always been owned by the city of Heilbronn and has already served a wide variety of purposes.
The Catholic Church of St. Martinus in Sontheim, a district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg, is the oldest church in the village and at the same time marks the historic center of Sontheim. The church still has a Gothic choir, and the nave was replaced in 1904 by a new building in the Neo-Romanesque style.
The Annakreuz is a monument on the intersection of the Hipfelhof, Lingarten and Kirchhausen marketing borders on a hill west of the Rotbach with "sophisticated sculptural design in baroque forms". The listed square sandstone column is 3.20 meters high. The Annalinde is located not far from the Anna cross.
The Käthchenhaus is a private profane building of the 14th century on the market square in Heilbronn. The house with the striking bay window on the corner of Marktplatz/Kaiserstrasse received its current name in the 19th century through the then popular spectacle of the Käthchen von Heilbronn.
The Köpfer fountain in the wooded Köpfertal valley in the east of Heilbronn is a listed historical ensemble. Its core is a chapel or hermitage with a fountain and a bandstand. In its present form, it was built by the Heilbronn Beautification Association in the last decades of the 19th century.
The war memorial in front of St. Peter's Church in the Neckargartach district of Heilbronn is a memorial to the fallen of the First World War, inaugurated in 1937, which was slightly altered after the Second World War and supplemented by the names of the fallen in 1939/45.
18. Evangelische Pfarrkirche St. Cornelius und Cyprian
The Evangelical parish church of St. Cornelius and Cyprian in the Biberach district of Heilbronn was built in 1830 and goes back to a previous building from the 15th century, which was used as a simultaneous church for Evangelical and Catholics after 1675.
19. Alter Friedhof
The Old Cemetery at the Pankratius Church in the Heilbronn district of Böckingen is the original burial ground of the village. It was abandoned in 1905 in favor of the cemetery on Heidelberger Strasse and is now used as a public park and playground.
20. KZ-Friedhof Heilbronn-Neckargartach
The Neckargartach concentration camp was a concentration camp of the Schutzstaffel (SS) and went down in history as the SS labor camp Steinbock. The camp was located on the outskirts of Heilbronn and is named after the district of Neckargartach.
The historic tenth barn at Schlossplatz 5 in the Heilbronn district Kirchhausen is one of the few preserved historical outbuildings at the Deutschordensschloss Kirchhausen. The monument-protected building is considered a cultural monument.
The Church of Christ is a Protestant church in Heilbronn, located on Südstraße 118. It is the church of the Evangelical Südgemeinde Heilbronn. The construction began in 1962 replaced an older church in wooden construction from 1925.
23. Haus der Stadtgeschichte / Otto Rettenmaier Haus
The House of City History in Heilbronn is the seat of the Heilbronn City Archive and offers research, documentation and museums on the history of the city of Heilbronn. In its current form, the facility was opened in July 2012.
The Protestant Peterskirche in the Neckargartach district of Heilbronn is a choir tower church from the time of the medieval military churches, whose Gothic tower choir went into a baroque church building from 1766/67.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.