Explore interesting sights in Hanover, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 100 sights are available in Hanover, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Hanover
1. Sea LifeBook Ticket*
2. Market ChurchBook Ticket*
The Market Church is the main Lutheran church in Hanover, Germany. Built in the 14th century, it was referred to in 1342 as the church of Saints James and George in dedication to Saint James the Elder and Saint George. Replacing an older, smaller, church at the same location that dated to 1125 and that is known to have been called St. Georgii in 1238, Hanover grew around it and the market place situated immediately adjacent to its south that was established around the same time. Today the official name of the church is Market Church of Saints George and James, and along with the nearby Old Town Hall is considered the southernmost example of the northern German brick gothic architectural style.
3. Mahnmal für die ermordeten Juden Hannovers
The Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Hanover is located in Hanover, Germany, on Opernplatz, one of the city's central squares. It was designed by the Italian artist Michelangelo Pistoletto and erected in 1994 on the initiative of the Memoriam Association and financed through individual donations. The memorial is adjacent to Hanover's Opera House and commemorates the more than 6,800 Jews of Hanover who were murdered by the Nazis in the Holocaust. To date, 1,935 names have been carved in stone. Their age at the time of deportation was added to the names of the deportees, for the other victims the birth year was added. As far as is known, the subsequent fate of each individual victim was recorded. If the place of death could not be determined, "missing" was noted, as was customary elsewhere.
4. Otto von Emmich
The tomb of Otto von Emmich at the Engesohde City Cemetery in Hanover, Section 15, Number 188 a–d, is one of numerous honorary graves in the capital of Lower Saxony. General Otto von Emmich had been known and distinguished during the First World War in 1914 for his seizure of the Belgian fortress of Liège, and on 26 August 1915 he was made an honorary citizen of Hanover together with Field Marshal Paul von Hindenburg. After he died a few months later in Hanover, a large public funeral service was held for him on 25 December 1915 in front of the city's New Town Hall. The Illustrirte Zeitung, published in Leipzig, sent its special illustrator Alfred Liebing to Hanover, who recorded the funeral ceremonies and the funeral procession in drawings.
The Hill Garden is a historic botanical garden, one of the gardens of the Herrenhäuser Gärten, around the residence Herrenhäuser Schloss in Herrenhausen, now part of Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany. The garden was first created in 1666 as a vegetable garden on a hill north of the palace, and then transformed into a garden for exotic plants. In 1750, it was developed into a botanical garden, with some unusual trees from the period still surviving. It features a palm house, first built in 1846, and a mausoleum, where members of the royal family were interred. Damaged by air raids in World War II, the gardens were restored. In 2000, a house for rain forest-themed gardens was added, which was transformed to an aquarium in 2007.
6. Theater am Aegi
The Theater am Aegi is an event venue on Aegidientorplatz square in Hannover, the capital of Lower Saxony, Germany. Like the square, it is often referred to as Aegi. The building was opened in 1953 mainly as a cinema, with a versatile stage also for other performances. It has been a Gastspieltheater for local and touring companies, without its own personnel. After a fire, it was rebuilt as a theatre only, opened in 1967, and then mainly as a venue for drama performances of the state-run Staatstheater Hannover. After a new theatre was built for that company in 1992, Theater am Aegi returned to its traditional role of a venue for various events, including congress, private functions and representation of the city.
The Garden Cemetery is a cemetery in Hanover, Germany. It was created in 1741 and is located by the Garden Church built in 1749. The cemetery and the church are both named after the garden parish outside the former parish city walls in front of Aegidien Gate. The cemetery, which contains a number of classicising grave markers from the first half of the nineteenth century, was closed in 1864 with the establishment of the Stadtfriedhof Engesohde. Today it forms a park in the middle of inner city Hanover. The graves of Charlotte Buff, the astronomer Caroline Herschel and the painter Johann Heinrich Ramberg are located here. The Gartenfriedhof lies on Marienstraße between Warmbüchenstraße and Arnswaldtstraße.
8. Kurhaus Friedenstal
The Kurhaus Friedenstal in Hanover was a former garden restaurant that is known far beyond the Hanover region and- under changing names- dance and event location, for example, for the performance of concerts. The building, which is now listed today, is an example of the fact that buildings built in the 19th century can only be saved from demolition after the extensive recording of today's monuments and their publication by the monument topography of the Federal Republic of Germany. The location of the building in the Misburg-Nord district is the corner plot on the street Am Friedenstal, Hannoversche Straße 92 as well as the bank line 1 and 2 on the Mittelland Canal.
9. Ehrenfriedhof am Maschsee-Nordufer
The Cemetery of Honour on the north shore of the Maschsee in Hanover is a listed cemetery established in 1945 in honour of a total of 526 prisoners of war and concentration camp prisoners of various nationalities, including 154 citizens of the former Soviet Union, who were murdered on 6 April 1945 by members of the Gestapo headquarters in Hanover. While these crimes committed by the Nazis at the end of the war were intended to cover up injustice and cruelty, the construction of the cemetery of honour on Arthur-Menge-Ufer on the northern shore of the Maschsee was deliberately chosen as a central inner-city location behind the New Town Hall for commemoration.
The Christuskirche is an Evangelical Lutheran Church in Hanover. It is located in the north town northwest of the plaitors' market and was built in 1859–1864 by Conrad Wilhelm Hase as the residence church of Georg V.. The neo -Gothic brick building is the first new to the church of Hanover after 1747 and model church after the Eisenacher Regulative, a recommendation published in 1861 for the design of Protestant church buildings that existed until 1890. The Christuskirche was only used once as the residence church. However, it is still in contact with the patronage of Ernst August Prinz of Hanover - contact with the former Hanoverian royal family.
11. Villa Waldersee
Hohenzollernstraße 40 in Hanover, also called Villa Waldersee or Waldersesches Haus, is a listed villa built in 1897 in the Hanover district of Oststadt. The Generalfeldmarschall Alfred Graf von Waldersee lived there on the edge of the Eilenriede from 1898 until his death on March 5, 1904. In the building, which, according to the address book, city and business handbook of the Royal Residence City of Hanover and the city of Linden, owned by 1904 Rentners Theodor Borchers living in Bödekerstraße 5, in addition to the premises used exclusively through the general field marshal, also found the III office equipped with a telephone. Army inspection.
The Hiroshima Grove, also known as the Hiroshima Memorial Grove, in Hanover was created in 1987 in a park on the Eilenriede in the Bult district. It commemorates the 110,000 Japanese who died during the atomic bombing of Hiroshima on August 6, 1945. The grove was created as part of the city partnership between Hanover, the capital of Lower Saxony, and the Japanese city of Hiroshima. It consists of a memorial with 110 cherry trees, art installations and a granite memorial stone. In addition to August 6 events, the facility also hosts a celebration of the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival every year. In addition, it is a local recreation area.
13. St. Benno
St. Benno is a Roman Catholic church in the Hanover district of Linden-Nord in Lower Saxony. It belongs to the parish of St. Godehard and the Deanery of Hanover of the Hildesheim diocese. The church was built in 1901/02 according to plans by Christoph Hehl and dedicated to Bishop Adolf Bertram on October 28, 1906. On October 18, 1943, the left aisle was destroyed by a bomb hit during the air strikes on Hanover in World War II and the church and the rectory were damaged again on March 17, 1945. During the war, the damage was remedied. In the summer of 1951, a largely faithful restoration of the church began, which ended on October 26, 1952.
14. Neues Theater Hannover
The new theater, abbreviated NT, is a privately operated theater in downtown Hanover. It has held its current seat on Georgstrasse since 1964. It was founded on May 16, 1962 by James von Berlepsch as a small theater and, according to his own statement, is unsubscribed. Under his founder, it rose to the most famous Hanoverian boulevard theater. Today the theater is owned by the second generation and has been run by his son in 2008 since the death of James von Berlepsch. The bar of the theater is a meeting point for the Hanover theater scene. There has been a support association and a group of subscribers from the theater since 1974.
The Gethsemane Church is an Evangelical Lutheran church in the Hanover district of List. The church, which was completed in 1938 according to plans by Friedrich Fischer, is located at Klopstockstraße 16. It is rather inconspicuous with a small church tower, as this required the building permit, which was only granted on the pretext of building air-raid shelters in the basement. The building is plastered in white and has a tiled roof. Inside there is a wooden cross; the five windows, which were created by Otto and Werner Brenneisen and donated by confirmands between 1953 and 1957, depict scenes from Gethsemane.
16. Dauerkolonie Annateich e.V.
The permanent colony Annateich, also called the colony Annateich / Hermann-Löns-Park, is a Schrebergarten colony, built in the 1930s and now listed as a Schrebergarten colony in Hanover, in the district of Kleefeld. The facilities with their 211 garden parcels, club house, excursion location and festival square are found in the form of an elongated band along the Hermann-Löns-Park, at the level of the Anna Emick as a spatial termination to the north of the main railway line. The green area is today the second oldest permanent small garden colony of the Lower Saxony capital.
17. Baitus Sami Mosque
The Baitus Sami mosque is located in the German city of Hanover, Germany. It has both a dome and minaret, although the minaret is too slender to be climbed. Built by an Ahmadiyya community, the mosque comprises approximately 2,800 square metres (30,000 sq ft), with space for 300 worshippers. Situated at a street in an industrial area outside a nearby residential area, it was inaugurated in August 2008 by the Caliph of the community, Mirza Masroor Ahmad. The construction of the mosque was opposed by many local people, with sometimes violent protests.
18. Leibniz Memorial
The Leibniz monument in Hanover is a memorial to appreciate the universal scholar Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz and his scientific work, especially the binary number system. The monument designed by the artist Stefan Schwerdtfeger in the style of a silhouette cut is a gift to the citizens of the state capital of Lower Saxony. In 2008 the sculpture and the associated information boards were set up in the center of the city on Georgstrasse, at the southern tip of the opera square in the middle of the middle and at the northern edge of Georgsplatz.
The Hannover Telefunkenwerk was the second largest plant in the metal industry in Hanover in the mid-1970s with almost 5000 employees. From 1972, the company was headquarters of Telefunken Fernseh und Rundfunk GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of AEG-Telefunken Group. According to the invention of PAL for color television and the subsequent introduction in Germany in 1967, Telefunken was the market leader in color television sets. From 1979 onwards, the jobs in Hanover were gradually reduced; the last production hall was closed in 1993.
20. Mahnmal Gerichtsgefängnis Hannover
The Hanover Memorial Prison is a memorial in Hanover, which is located behind the main train station and the Raschplatz on the Lister Meile in front of the pavilion. It is reminiscent of the court prison that was formerly located here, which was built in 1865–75 as a Royal cell prison in Hanover. The various victims and victim groups of the National Socialists suffered in it. It is also the first urban memorial in the Federal Republic of Germany, which expressly also reminds of the persecution of homosexual men in the Nazi era.
Gudrun-Pausewang-Platz in Hannover, formerly called Continental Platz, is a square built in the early 20th century in front of the industrial complex of the Continental Caoutchouk and Gutta-Percha Compagnie, the later Continental AG in the Vahrenwald district of Hannover. The square, which was created as a public space in 1911, was built in the triangle of the traffic routes Grenzweg, Philipsbornstraße and Ritterstraße. He is now equipped with a playground and was named by the children's book author Gudrun Pausewang in 2021.
The Arthurian fountain is a listed fountain in the southern part of Hanover. The facility in the green area on the Vierthalerweg was built on a small bastion near the Döhrener tower, which is now embedded in the green strips that are closed to motor vehicles and only embedded by cycle and footpaths, which connects the Maschsee with the southern Eilriede. He was the last work of the then 90-year-old sculptor Ludwig Vierthaler and dates from 1964, 1965 or 1966. He was given to the citizens of the built in Lower Saxony.
The Luther Church in Hannover is a Protestant church, which has been used as a youth church since 2006. The building was built in 1895–1898 as the last of the three large northern towns of the church buildings by Rudolph Eberhard Hillebrand on an almost triangular building plot in the center of the northern city. With its two powerful tower helmets, surrounded by several lateral helmets, the church offered an impressive sight until shortly before the end of the war, which is still a little reminded of today.
24. Mahnmal am Bahnhof Fischerhof
The memorial at Fischerhof station in Hannover is a memorial for the victims of National Socialism, founded by the Lower Saxony Association of German Sinti e.V. Unlike the memorial for the murdered Jews Hannover at the central opera square, the comparatively modest memorial “For all persecuted people of National Socialism” has been built. The location of the somewhat remote memorial in the Linden-Süd district is the branch of Elise-Meyer-Allee just before the entrance of the former Fischerhof station.
BUSSTOPS in Hannover is an art project with originally twelve half-open waiting houses for urban railways and urban buses of the üstra. It was part of a project on public art between 1990 and 1994 and was created on the initiative of the Niedersachsen Foundation in cooperation with the üstra and Toto-Lotto Lottersaxony. The design project was carried out by internationally renowned architects and designers. The mission to the artists was to create art as an exceptional part of an ordinary service.
26. Leibniz Theatre
The Leibniz Theater is a cabaret and cabaret in Hanover, which is named after the philosopher Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz. In addition to Hanoverian and international actors and theater groups, external newcomers, comedians and musicians also appear as a small artist. Every year, more than 300 events take place in the Leibniz Theater with around 85 seats. The location is Kommandaturstraße 7 corner of Molthanstrasse in the Calenberger Neustadt district. The theater is to be closed on October 1, 2023.
27. Altes Rathaus
The Old Town Hall is a former, and the first, town hall in Hanover, Germany. Originally built in the old city district in 1410, replaced by the New Town Hall in 1913, and extensively restored in 1953 and 1964 after heavy bomb damage in World War II, it is the oldest secular building in the city. The market façade with the highly sophisticated Brick Gothic of the lucarnes has been preserved and partly restored in its medieval shape. Some elements of it were copied on other wings of the building.
28. Dievision Agentur für Kommunikation GmbH
Robert-Koch-Platz 10 in Hanover is the address of an outstanding building of the international style in the state capital of Lower Saxony. In the Blick axis of Brehmstraße and as a marginal building of the square named after the bacteriologist Robert Koch in the Bult district, the building, which was built at the end of the 1920s and is now a single monument, is also significant for the district with its double function as a cafeteria and sports hall with an adjacent sports field.
Hannover Zoo is a 112-hectare park and wooded area in the district of Kirchrode in the southeast of Hanover. In the fenced area, visitors can move along paths between free-roaming wildlife. The Tiergarten is one of the oldest game reserves in Germany and was fenced in at the end of the 17th century as a stately hunting ground. Since it became accessible to the population in 1799, it has been a popular recreation and excursion destination for the Hanoverian city population.
Art in public space has a decades-long tradition in Hanover: In 1970, the city council was the first German city to make the promotion of art in public space a municipal political task with the "Street Art Experiment". In 2010, the capital of Lower Saxony recorded more than 200 sculptures, sculptures and installations, especially in the inner city area. The art program includes the Nanas, now part of the sculpture mile, or artistic objects such as the bus stops.
31. St. Martinskirche
The St. Martins Church or St. Martin is the oldest Evangelical Lutheran church in the Linden and parish church of the St. Martin community belonging to Hanover today. The church building is based on a first building from the 13th century and a baroque successor building from 1728, which was destroyed to the church tower by the air raids on Hanover in the Second World War. The new nave was created in 1957 according to a design by the architect Dieter Oesterlen.
32. Oldest residential building of Hanover
The houses at Burgstraße 12 in the old town of Hanover are the oldest preserved half -timbered houses in Hanover. The neighboring houses in Burgstrasse were destroyed during the air strikes on Hanover in World War II, so that the houses are now in isolation between post -war buildings. The front building of the listed ensemble was probably designed in the manner of the pharmacy wing of the Old Town Hall by his master Hinrich Holste from Hildesheim in 1566.
33. Kröpcke Clock
The Kröpcke Clock in Hanover is one of the traditional meeting places in the city. As one of the landmarks of the capital of Lower Saxony, the clock now also serves as a showcase for changing art exhibitions and presentations. The Kröpcke is located as a "square-like extension" in the pedestrian zone in front of Café Kröpcke at the intersection of Georgstraße with Bahnhofstraße and Karmarschstraße as well as Rathenaustraße in the Mitte district.
34. Mahnmal gegen Kolonialismus
The Karl-Peters memorial stone, also known as Karl-Peters monument and a warning panel against colonialism, is a memorial originally built in the mid-1930s in honor of Carl Peters, which was later transformed into a memorial against colonialism. The location of the memorial stone in the public spaces of the southern part of Hanover, which is also compensated as a monument and as part of an ensemble, is the green area at today's Bertha-von-Suttner-Platz.
35. Spartan Stone
The Seven Men's Stone, also known as the Tombstone of the Seven Men or the Spartan Stone, is a cross stone at the Aegidienkirche in Hanover, Germany, depicting seven men praying. It is supposed to remind us of the legend of "Hanover's Spartans", who are said to have been burned in 1480 during an attack on the Döhren Tower and the tower. The Siebenmännerstein used to be one of the seven landmarks of Hanover that every wandering craftsman had to know.
36. Stadtteilfriedhof Fössefeld
The district cemetery of Fössefeld in Hanover, also called the city cemetery of Fössefeld or garrison cemetery, is a former military cemetery created in the 19th century, which was also used by the local population from (today) Hannoversche district of Limmer to burial its relatives. , 3 hectares of space and numerous war graves and memorials, the Friedhofstraße corner Limmerstraße is between the junction of Wunstorfer Straße and the Bach Föse.
The Anzeiger high-rise in Hanover was built in the style of Backsteine Expressionism in 1927-1928 according to a draft by Fritz Höger as a publishing house of the Hanoverian scoreboard and was one of the first high-rise buildings in the German Empire. The 51-meter-high building with ten floors is located in the Mitte district near Steintor-Platz and with its characteristic roof dome has a high recognition value in the state capital of Lower Saxony.
The Machu Picchu fountain, also called Roderbruch Market Brunnen after its location on the Roderbruchmarkt in the Hanover district of Groß Buchholz, is one of the countless fountains in the state capital of Hanover. The stainless steel fountain, designed by the artist Jorge La Guardia with reference to the Machu Picchu World Heritage Site, was donated to the Hanover citizens in 1980 as a gift from the building and housing company Gundlach.
39. Kirchröder Friedhof
The Kirchröder Cemetery is a cemetery in Hanover, Germany, which was built in the 19th century and is now a listed building. It is maintained by the Evangelical Lutheran congregation of the Jakobikirche in Hannover-Kirchrode and is called the cemetery of the Jakobikirchengemeinde zu Hannover-Kirchrode, or the cemetery of the Jakobi parish for short. It is located on the street Kleiner Hillen 5 at the corner of Pastor-Gerhard-Dittrich-Weg.
The Stadthalle Hannover is a concert hall and event venue in Hanover, the capital of Lower Saxony, Germany. The large hall is called Kuppelsaal, after its dome. The hall was opened in 1914. It is the largest hall for classical music in Germany, seating 3,600. Severely damaged during World War II, it was restored slightly altered. The hall is now part of the Hannover Congress Centrum. The listed historic building is a landmark of the city.
Waterlooplatz in Hanover is a four-hectare lawn in the Calenberger Neustadt district. On the square stands the Waterloo Column. The square and column were built in the 19th century to commemorate the Battle of Waterloo. While the square originally surrounded a barracks area when it was built in the first half of the 19th century, it is now located in the middle of the government and administrative district of the capital of Lower Saxony.
42. Heiligers Brunnen
Heiliger's fountain in Hanover is a listed system of a sulfur -containing source. The water now appears from a pipe between stones as a small source at a footpath and, among other things, feeds the nearby historical natural pool of Kopperloch. The Waldweg Brunnenstieg in the Eilenriede in the area of the Kleefeld district in the Kleefeld district is located after the Hanover Mayor Ernst Anton Heiliger named and built in the 18th century.
43. St. Joseph
St. Joseph is a Catholic parish church in the district of List in Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany. Her parish of the same name belongs to the deanery of Hanover in the diocese of Hildesheim. The church is located at Steinmetzstraße 1, the neighbouring parish office at Isernhagener Straße 64. It was built in 1911 and 1912 according to plans by Maximilian Jagielski and named after the biblical figure of Joseph of Nazareth.
44. Mahnmal zur Erinnerung an jüdisches Leben in der Ohestraße
The memorial to memory of Jewish life in Ohestrasse in Hanover was designed by students from the local vocational school center. It commemorates the crimes committed during the National Socialism period to destroy Jewish life in Hanover. The location of the memorial, which was built at the site of the former "Jewish Education Center", is Ohestraße 8 near Waterloooplatz and the IHME in the Calenberger Neustadt district.
45. Grotto by Niki de Saint Phalle
The large garden in the Hanover district of Herrenhausen is one of the most important baroque gardens in Europe. The garden area enclosed by a graft is the historic core of the Herrenhausen gardens, which also includes the mountain garden, the Georgengarten and the Welfengarten. The rectangular system has an area of 50.2 hectares. The starting point of the planning was the Herrenhausen Castle built in the 17th century.
The Waldersee Monument in Hanover is a colossal statue of Field Marshal Alfred von Waldersee. The statue was created in 1914 and 1915 by the sculptor and architect Bernhard Hoetger. It forms the perspective end of Kleine Pfahlstraße in Hanover's Oststadt district. The monument stands on the edge of the Eilenriede opposite the Villa Waldersee, which Alfred von Waldersee lived in from 1898 until his death in 1904.
The Heinemanhof in Hanover is a former Jewish convent built by architect Henry van de Velde in the early 1930s. The Bauhaus-style building, which is classified as a "nationally valuable cultural monument", now serves as a non-denominational care and "dementia competence centre" in the capital of Lower Saxony. The location is located in the street Heinemanhof on the Brabeckstraße in the district of Kirchrode.
Maschpark in Hanover's Mitte district is a 10-hectare park south of the old town. It was built around 1900 and was the first municipal park in Hanover. The complex has not changed its original form and is a testimony to German garden art at the end of the 19th century. To the north, the Maschpark is bordered by the Friedrichswall. Between Maschteich and Friedrichswall, the New Town Hall was completed in 1913.
49. Villa Köhler
The Villa Köhler in Hanover is a listed villa in the Neo-Renaissance style. It was, among other things, the first residence of Field Marshal Paul von Hindenburg in Hanover and was temporarily called Villa Hindenburg, just like his later Hanoverian residence. Today, the building is used by the construction and housing company Gundlach at Am Holzgraben 1 and Wedekindstraße 14 and 15 in the Oststadt district.
The Bethlehem Church in the Linden-Nord district of Hanover is a listed church building in the style of a basilica. Inaugurated in 1906, the neo-Romanesque sacred building is seen as a masterpiece of historicism and a building of national importance from the point of view of monument preservation. Together with the Gerhard Uhlhorn Church, the church belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran parish of Linden-Nord.
51. Schmiedestraße (Altstadt)
The Schmiedestrasse car park is a parking garage in the old town of the Lower Saxony capital of Hanover. It is located at Schmiedestrasse 13 in Hanover's Mitte. The high garage with 564 parking spaces is the oldest parking garage in Hanover and is under monument protection with its location on the corner to the Corvinusweg, the parking garage is on the historic site of the original Leibnizhaus.
52. ehem. Verwaltungsgebäude der Anderter Brauerei
The Derter brewery in Hanover was founded at the beginning of the 18th century and was one of the oldest breweries of the Lower Saxony state capital. The location of the company was the site between the (today's) streets on the Tiergarten, Oisseler Straße and at the brewery in the district of Anderten, where, among other things, an administrative building built by Fritz Höger was preserved.
53. St. Maria Angelica
The Parish Church of St. Maria Angelica in Hanover, Germany, is the church of the Old Catholic Parish of Hanover/Southern Lower Saxony. The church, which has been in use since 2010 and was consecrated on 3 September 2011, is located on a property that originally belonged to the neighbouring Lutheran parish of St. James (Jakobikirche). The land was purchased in 2003 by the Old Catholic parish.
54. St. Bernward
St. Bernward is a Catholic church and parish in Döhren, part of Hanover, the capital of Lower Saxony, Germany. It was consecrated in 1893 to Bernward of Hildesheim, when part of Christoph Hehl's design of a basilica in Romanesque revival style were built, but was completed after World War II. Major artwork was added for the centenary in 1993. It became the centre of a larger parish in 2010.
55. Zu den heiligen Engeln
Zu den heiligen Engeln is a Catholic parish and church in Hanover-Kirchrode, Lower Saxony, Germany. The church was built in 1964 on a design by Josef Bieling, and was remodeled in 2014. It is now the parish church of a larger parish, serving the district Kirchrode-Bemerode-Wülferode. It belongs to the deanery of Hanover and the Diocese of Hildesheim. The church is dedicated to the angels.
56. Maria Frieden
Maria Frieden is a Roman Catholic church in Groß-Buchholz, a district of Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany. The church is a subsidiary church of the parish of St. Martin in the deanery of Hanover of the Diocese of Hildesheim, but is now used by the Polish Catholic Mission. The church is named after the Queen of Peace, a Marian title from the Litany of Laureta, and is located at Stilleweg 12.
The so-called Maschsee Source in Hanover is a listed water pump and filter system facility on the west bank in the south of Maschsee. The monument at Karl-Thiele-Weg 35 near the leash is rarely put into operation today, for example in the event of a lack of oxygen in the Maschsee or festivities such as the Maschseefest. A small, park -like flower meadow is connected to the Maschsee source.
The temple of Leibniz in the Georgengarten in Hanover is a pavilion built from 1787 to 1790 in honor of the citizen and universal scholar Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz (1646–1716). It is considered the first public monument in Germany for a non-nononous. The open, covered round temple made of sandstone with twelve ionic columns bears the inscription “Genio Leibnitii” in gilded letters.
59. Villa Seligmann
Villa Seligmann is a former bourgeois house in Hanover. It stands on the Eilenriede in the Hanover Oststadt district, Hohenzollernstraße 39. The villa was built in 1903–1906 according to a design by the architect Hermann Schaedtler for Siegmund Seligmann, the Jewish director of Continental AG, and his family. The listed building today serves as a setting for concerts and other events.
The Ernst-August monument is a equestrian picture in honor of the sovereign of the former Kingdom of Hanover, King Ernst August. It was created by Albert Wolff in 1861 and built on Ernst-August-Platz in front of Hanover's main station. In addition to the Kröpcke watch, the monument is one of the most important meeting points in Hanover, which is commonly referred to as "under the tail".
61. Maria Trost
The Church of Maria Trost is the Roman Catholic church in Ahlem, a district on the western edge of Hanover, Lower Saxony. The church is a subsidiary church of the parish of "St. Godehard" with its seat in the district of Linden-Süd, in the deanery of Hanover of the diocese of Hildesheim. The church, named after the Marian title "Comforter of the Afflicted", is located at Parkstraße 2.
62. Stadtfriedhof Ricklingen
The city cemetery of Ricklingen in Hanover was created in 1908 as the main cemetery of Linden by the then city of Linden and is now part of the Oberricklingen district. The old chapel was built in 1910 according to plans by the Linden architect Carl Arend. The cemetery comprises around 54 hectares with around 30,000 graves. A department for anonymous urn burials has existed since 1998.
63. Sprengel Museum
Sprengel Museum is a museum of modern art in Hanover, Lower Saxony, holding one of the most significant collections of modern art in Germany. It is located in a building situated adjacent to the Masch Lake approximately 150 metres (490 ft) south of the state museum. The museum opened in 1979, and the building, designed by Peter and Ursula Trint and Dieter Quast, was extended in 1992.
64. Dr. Buhmann Schule
The Dr. Buhmann Schule gGmbH in Hanover is a vocational school with the core competencies of business, management and languages. The educational institution for young people and adults offers basic training for young professionals and further training. The seat of non-profit GmbH is Prinzenstraße 13 in Hanover-Mitte in a listed building. It was founded by Friedrich Buhmann in 1907.
65. Mahnmal für das Sammellager Altwarmbüchener Moor (Sinti)
The memorial for the Sinti in the Altwarmbüchener Moor in Hanover commemorates the Sinti who were interned in a collection camp in the Altwarmbüchener Moor during the National Socialist era and then deported to extermination camps such as Auschwitz-Birkenau. The memorial is located on Moorwaldweg in the Lahe district, about 250 metres after the junction with Kirchhorster Straße.
The Spittahaus in Hanover is an originally built in the 17th century half-timbered house, in which the church song poet Karl Johann Philipp Spitta later lived his youth years. The site of the listed modern semi-detached house, which is used as a theatre restaurant and for offices, is Burgstraße 23 and 23a corner Ballhofplatz in the Hannover old town as part of the district Mitte.
67. Haus Mohrmann
The so-called Mohrmann House in Hanover was built at the end of the 19th century by the professor of architecture and architect Karl Mohrmann as a residence for his own family. The location of the listed terraced house, which is part of an ensemble by the same architect, is the Herrenhäuser Kirchweg 11 at the corner of Reinholdstraße in the Landhausviertel, Nordstadt district.
68. Haus Basse
The House Basse in Hannover, also known as the Bankhaus Basse or Bassebank, was a private bank founded in the 19th century. The location of the bank house, which is also simply referred to as the “Bankhaus Wilhelm Basse”, is now listed as a monument, and at the same time the oldest preserved building directly on Georgstraße, is located in the Hannover district Mitte.
69. Johann Gerhard Helmcke
The Helmcke Monument in Hanover honors the bakery master and cereal dealer Johann Gerhard Helmcke (1750–1824), who saved the Allee manor houses in the Georgengarten from deforestation at the beginning of the 19th century. The site of the monument is Nienburger Straße in the Georgengarten, at the height of the Straße Schneiderberg on the corner to the Franciusinstitut.
70. St. Antonius
St. Antonius is the Catholic Church of the Kleefeld district of Hanover and was also the monastery church of the formerly resident Franciscan convent. A daycare center of the same name is located in the community center next to the church. Today it belongs to the parish of St. Martin based Hannover Roderbruch in the Dean's Office in Hanover of the Hildesheim diocese.
The Sieltürmchen in Hanover is the only visible remnant of the hydraulic engineering facilities of the former city fortifications of Hanover as a sluice marker with its approximately 20-metre-long water pipe. The location of the listed complex from the 16th century is Culemannstraße on the west bank of the Leine at the southern end of the bridge to Friedrichswall.
72. Great Fountain
The big fountain is located in the large garden in the Herrenhausen district of the Lower Saxony capital of Hanover. The fountain reaches a height of around 70 to 80 meters and is one of the highest in Europe. Since her regular commissioning in 1720, it has been one of the main attractions of the Great Garden as one of the most important baroque gardens in Europe.
73. Gnadenkirche zum Heiligen Kreuz
The Mercy Church for the Holy Cross is an Evangelical Lutheran Church on Lehrter Platz in Hannover-Mittelfeld. Created after the Second World War and initially characterized by displaced persons, she refers to the Gnadenkirchen in Silesia with her name. So there was also a long -term partnership with the Evangelical Community in Militsch, whose church was named.
The Egestorffdemal in Hanover has been reminiscent of Johann Egestorff since 1935, who and his companies created the basis for the industrialization of the former village of Linden and the city of Hanover. The monument is located in the Linden-Süd district, below the former eastern quarries of Lindener Berg, west of the street Am Felde, near the Linden stadium.
St. Martin is a Roman Catholic church in the district of Groß-Buchholz, Hanover. Since September 1, 2008, it has been a parish church of a parish with four churches, which comprises not only the district of Buchholz-Kleefeld but also Misburg-Anderten, which includes around 12,000 members. The parish belongs to the Dean of Hannover, the Diocese of Hildesheim.
76. Bunker am Deisterplatz
The bunker at Deisterplatz in Hanover is the only under around 50 in Hanover during the Second World War, the air -raid shelter built, which was listed. It was built in the early 1940s as a round bunker on the then border of the von Alter-Park and in sight of Hanomag. Today it is located in the middle of the busy traffic circle of Deisterplatz in Linden.
The German: Eilenriede is a 640-hectare (1,600-acre) municipal forest in Hanover, Germany. It is the largest urban city forest in Germany, one of the largest in Europe, and is nearly twice the size of Central Park in New York. The biggest German urban park in the strict sense of the word, however, is the 375-hectare (930-acre) English Garden in Munich.
The Broyhanhaus is a residential and commercial building built in 1576 in Hanover's historic old town or Altstadt. The building is standing on the cellar walls of a previous building from the 14th century and is the second oldest preserved half-timbered building in Hanover. The house is named after the brewer Cord Broyhan who lived there since 1537.
The Hölty monument in Hanover was created at the beginning of the 20th century by the architect Otto Lüer and the sculptor Karl Gundelach. The monument was built in the old St. Nikolai cemetery instead of a grave of the "spring poet" that can no longer be found at the time of the Electorate of Hanover and has been changed several times over time.
80. Haus Liebrecht
Haus Liebrecht in Hannover is a listed single-family house in the Hannover district of Kleefeld. The villa-like building at Schopenhauerstraße 28 near the Eilenriede was originally built in the early 1920s for the Landesforstmeister Walter Liebrecht according to the plans of the architect Paul Bonatz, who had already built the city hall on site.
81. Familie Völkers
The Mausoleum Völkers is a tomb in the city cemetery of Engesohde in Hanover. It was built in 1911 on the inheritance of the hotel owner and merchant family Völkers from Bad Pyrmont. The mausoleum, which is designated as a cultural monument, is now owned by the city of Hanover. The peculiarity of the building is its building material concrete.
The horse tower is a late medieval waiting tower of the city of Hanover from the 14th century, which was part of the Hanover Landwehr. After the tower standing at the Eilenriede city forest, the former shunting station and today's parking station, the adjacent ice stadium at the horse tower and a nearby exit of the trade fair path are named.
83. Pagode Viên Giác
The Viên Giác Pagoda and its monastery in the Mittelfeld district of Hanover is a faith center of Vietnamese Buddhists, one of eight Vietnamese Buddhist pagodas in Germany and one of the largest pagodas in Europe. It is supported by the non-profit association "Congregation of the Vietnamese Buddhist Church (CVBK), Department in Germany".
84. Fürstenhaus Herrenhausen
The Fürstenhaus Herrenhausen Museum in Hanover-Herrenhausen is a palace owned by the Guelph family, which was used as a museum from 1955 to 2011. The listed palace, which for a long time could also be booked for events, showed furniture, paintings, porcelain and sculptures on the ground floor. It has been closed to the public since 2011.
85. Hermes tower
The Hermestoren (Hermesturm) is a viewing and transmission tower built from 1956 to 1958 with a striking double tube structure from armed concrete. The tower is located at the annual fair ground of Hannover and is 88.8 meters high, including antenna. The Hermestoren viewing platform, where an elevator goes, is at a height of 65 meters.
86. Schöner Brunnen
The Beautiful Fountain in Hanover is a fountain created in 1979 by the sculptor Hans-Jürgen Breuste. Installed as art in public space at the corner of Hildesheimer Strasse and Freytagstraße in Hanover's Südstadt district, the artist arranged a column made of granite and two columns made of stainless steel from which water flows.
The Drachtöterhaus in Hanover is a business building built in 1900 to 1901 at Georgstraße 10 at the level of the Schillerdenklale. The listed, richly decorated sandstone facade of the house is best known for the figure of St. George, which is almost fully plastic over the Georg passage of Werner Hantelmann, as a dragon slayer.
Bugenhagenkirche is a church in the southern city of Hanover, Germany. It was built between 1960 and 1962 according to plans of Karlsruhe architect Werner Dierschke and inaugurated on the Eternity Sunday 1962. It is named after the reformer Johannes Bugenhagen. In 2015, the church was included in the list of cultural monuments.
89. St. Nicholas Church
The Evangelical-Lutheran Church of St. Nicolai in Hanover is a listed neo-Romanesque church building with a bell tower from the Middle Ages. The location of the building is the highest point of the historic village and at the same time the entrance to the old village center in today's Bothfeld district at Sutelstrasse 18–19.
The Löwenbastion am Maschsee in Hanover is a viewing platform built in the 1930s on the eastern promenade of the lake and is also used as a venue for concerts, parties or for restaurants during the Maschsee Festival. The facility is located on Rudolf-von-Bennigsen-Ufer in the Hanover district of Südstadt near Waldhausen.
The village fountain in Hanover is a fountain built at the end of the 20th century with typical animal figures of a farm. The location of the complex with sculptures by the Hanoverian artist Bernd Maro, which was donated by citizens, is the historic village centre in today's Groß-Buchholz district on Pinkenburger Straße.
92. Stadtteilfriedhof Anderten
The Anderten district cemetery in Hannover, also called Anderten cemetery or Anderten cemetery, is a formerly ecclesiastical cemetery, built in the 19th century and now municipal cemetery with an area of around 1.66 hectares. The site of the listed green area in the today Hannov district of Kirchrode is Ostfeldstraße 12.
93. Gedenktafel für das ehemalige Konzentrationslager Limmer
The Hanover-Limmer concentration camp, also Limmer or KZ Conti-Limmer, was one of the outer warehouses of the Neuengamme concentration camp, in which up to approx. 1000 female prisoners were imprisoned. It was in the Hanover district of Limmer and existed from the end of June 1944 until the liberation in early April 1945.
94. Gästehaus der Niedersächsischen Landesregierung
The guest house of the Lower Saxony state government is a former bourgeois villa in Hanover, Lüerstraße 5, in the Zoo district. The building, which is now listed today, was built between 1898 and 1900 in the style of the neo -Renaissance and has served as a guest house for the Lower Saxony state government since 1947.
95. Evangelischer Treffpunkt
The Vahrenwald church was an Evangelical Lutheran church in the Vahrenwald district in Hanover. The parish founded on October 1, 1924, mostly built the church building in -house after the Second World War. On May 19, 2013, the church was developed and a new church center was created after a demolition in the same place.
96. Saxon Steed
The list of monuments in Hanover contains a number of selected monuments, memorials, sculptures, artistic objects of plastic (street art) and fountains in public space, especially in the area of downtown Hanover. These objects are not congruent with (cultural) monuments in the sense of the Lower Saxony Protection Act.
97. Privatmuseum Walter Reinhardt – Villa Potzlach
The private museum Walter Reinhardt-Villa Potzlach in Hanover-Bemerode presents a selection of the works by the outsider artist Walter Reinhardt. The museum is managed and managed by its widow Birgit Jahn-Reinhardt. The facade of the semi -detached house was colored and sculptural according to motifs from the painter.
98. Julius Trip
The Trip fountain near Culemannstraße in Hanover's Maschpark is now a monument to the city's horticultural director Julius Trip. As a symbol of artistic horticulture, the four figures, two female and two male, carved from shell limestone, stand at the same time as allegories for trees, bushes, meadows and flowers.
The Bridge Bastion in Hanover is a monument designed by architect and sculptor Stefan Schwerdtfeger. The "Bastion", built in 1981, also forms a bridge for pedestrians from the Prinzengarten or from the Welfengarten via Schneiderberg Street to the main canteen of the University of Hanover with building number 3110.
The Bethlehem Chapel in Hanover was built at the end of the 19th century and is now a listed building in Hanover's Südstadt. Built in 1887, the building at Große Barlinge 35 is set back from the street alignment. The congregation was founded in 1885 and belongs to the Independent Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.