Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Hamburg:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Want a guided Free Walking Tour?
Here you can book guided Free Walking Tours in Hamburg:Guided Free Walking Tours on Freetour*
Here you can find interesting sights in Hamburg, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 100 sights are available in Hamburg, Germany.List of cities in Germany Sightseeing Tours in Hamburg
1. DavidwacheBook Ticket*
The Davidwache is a well-known police station in Hamburg, Germany. It is located in the St. Pauli quarter, near Reeperbahn, at the corner of Spielbudenplatz square and Davidstraße. Today, it is the seat of Hamburg Police Department 15. While Davidwache has existed since 1840, the listed brick building was erected by Fritz Schumacher from 1913 to 1914 and opened on 10 December 1914. Sculptor Richard Kuöhl designed the ceramic elements of the station house. In 2004–2005, an extension was added at the back. The building is known from numerous movies and TV series, and it has been called Germany's best-known police station. Paul McCartney and Pete Best once had to spend a night at the Davidwache.
2. SpeicherstadtBook Ticket*
The Speicherstadt in Hamburg, Germany is the largest warehouse district in the world where the buildings stand on timber-pile foundations, oak logs, in this particular case. It is located in the port of Hamburg—within the HafenCity quarter—and was built from 1883 to 1927.
3. Miniatur WunderlandBook Ticket*
Miniatur Wunderland is a model railway and miniature airport attraction in Hamburg, Germany, the largest of its kind in the world. The railway is located in the historic Speicherstadt neighbourhood of the city.
4. Dialog im Dunkeln
Dialogue in the Dark is an awareness raising exhibition and franchise, as well as a social business. In Dialogue in the Dark, blind guides lead visitors in small groups through different settings in absolute darkness. Through this visitors learn how to interact without sight by using their other senses, as well as experience what it is like to be blind. The exhibition is organized as a social franchising company, which offers the exhibition as well as business workshops, and has created jobs for the blind, disabled, and disadvantaged worldwide. The exhibition aims to change mindsets on disability and diversity, and increase tolerance for “otherness”. More than 9 million visitors have gone through an experience in the Dark and thousands of blind guides and facilitators find employment through exhibitions and workshops.
5. Centrum Moschee
The Centrum Mosque Hamburg is the mosque of a mosque association founded in 1977 and based in the Hamburg district of St. Georg. The "Islamische Gemeinde Hamburg - Centrum-Moschee e. V. " is a founding member of the Alliance of Islamic Communities in Northern Germany (BIG) and a member of the "Schura Hamburg" e. V. , with which the state of Hamburg maintains a state treaty. On February 27, 2016, the Muslim theologian Mehmet Karaoğlu was elected Imam and Chairman of the Centrum Mosque. He is also regional chairman of the IGMG-Hamburg and chairman of the BIG. Fatih Yıldız was elected as deputy. Karaoğlu and Yıldız replaced the previous chairman and Imam Ramazan Uçar and his deputy Ahmet Yazici after almost two decades.
The Curiohaus is an office and event building in Hamburg in the district of Eimsbüttel, Rotherbaum. It was built between 1908 and 1911 according to a design by the architects Johann Emil Schaudt and Walther Puritz at Rothenbaumchaussee 11–17 for the Society of Friends of the Patriotic School and Education system and named after the founder of this society, Johann Carl Daniel Curio. Since 1948 it has been the property and seat of the Hamburg regional association of the Trade Union for Education and Science (GEW). In October 1997, the building was placed under monument protection as a complete complex and with its fixed equipment, the front garden postaments, the lamps and the oval of the courtyard garden.
7. Elbe 3
The lightship Elbe 3 was built in 1888 as a light ship Weser at the shipyard of Johann Lange in Vegesack. The first deployment was at position Weser from 1889. In 1936, the ship received a four-stroke marine diesel engine. In place of the middle mast, the ship therefore has a chimney. From 1954 to 1955 and from 1956 to 1966 the ship served at position Bremen, and from 1966 to 1977 at position Elbe 3. Elbe 3 was a lightship position northwest of Cuxhaven and northeast of Neuwerk in one of the main shipping lanes of the German Bight. The beacon consisted of three electrically operated individual fires. The decommissioning was on 23 May 1977 in Cuxhaven.
8. Hauptkirche St. Nikolai
The main church of St. Nikolai was consecrated in 1962 in Hamburg-Harvestehude on Klosterstern/Harvestehuder Weg and replaced the war-destroyed former main church of St. Nikolai in the city center as the main church, which today continues as a ruin and memorial. The municipal area of the new Nikolaikirche was formed from parts of the parishes of St. Johannis (Harvestehude), St. Johannis (Hamburg-Eppendorf), Matthäusgemeinde (Winterhude) and St. Andreas (Harvestehude). The old municipal area of the destroyed St. Nicholas Church was transferred to the jurisdiction of the main churches of St. Katharinen and St. Michaelis.
Moorweide is a public green space in the Rotherbaum district of Hamburg, north of Dammtor Station. Initially, it was bounded by Edmund-Simus-Alley, Moore Weiden Strassen, Mitwig, New Laben Strassen and Ulster Glacier. The part west of Rothenbaumchaussee, which has been home to the university's main building since 1919, is now officially no longer considered a marsh in the narrow sense. The remaining major part between Rothenbaumchaussee and Mittelweg is also known as Everglades Ranch, and the zone between Mittelweg and Neuer Rabenstrasse is known as Little Marsh Ranch.
10. Villa Laeisz
The Harvestehuder Weg is a road in the Hamburg district of Eimsbüttel, which leads on the foreland of the Outer Alster from the Alte Rabenstraße to the Klosterstern on two kilometers in length through the districts of Rotherbaum and Harvestehude. With numerous detached villas from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, in the midst of large, partly park-like gardens, it is considered a boulevard of the Hanseatic city and, in addition to the Elbchaussee, as a testimony to the wealth of Hamburg's merchants and entrepreneurs during the Wilhelminian period.
11. Alte Post
The Alte Post in Hamburg is a building completed in 1847 on poststraße in Hamburg's Neustadt district, named after her. It was built after the Great Fire of 1842 according to plans by Alexis de Chateauneuf out of the need to combine several of the post offices represented in the city in one house. The largest administrative building in the city at the time is regarded as an outstanding example of the so-called Hamburg post-fire architecture and is one of the oldest post office buildings before the founding of the unified Reichspost in Germany.
12. Archäologisches Museum Hamburg
The Archäologisches Museum Hamburg is an archaeological museum in the Harburg borough of Hamburg, Germany. It houses the archaeological finds of the city of Hamburg and the neighbouring counties to the south of the city. It focuses on northern German prehistory and early history as well as the history of the former city of Harburg. The museum is also home to the cultural heritage landmarks commission of the city of Hamburg and the adjacent district of Harburg in Lower-Saxony and thus supervises all archaeological undertakings in the region.
13. Bohrkopf T.R.U.D.E.
With an outer diameter of 14.20 metres, the TRUDE shield boring machine, an acronym for Tief Runter Unter Die Elbe, was the largest tunnel boring machine in the world at the time. For the extension of the new Elbe Tunnel in Hamburg, a 2560-metre-long fourth tube was drilled under the riverbed of the Elbe between October 1997 and March 2000 using the shield tunnelling process. The tunnel boring machine, weighing over 2000 tons, removed about 400,000 cubic meters of sand, debris and stones at an average speed of 6 meters per day.
14. Am Weiher
Eimsbüttel Park "Am Weiher" is a park in the Eimsbüttel district of Hamburg, Germany. The surrounding streets are the sites of Unnastraße and Beiersdorf AG, St. Bonifatius Catholic Church and the streets of Gehölz and am Weiher in Ottersbekallee. The surrounding streets are quiet residential streets, so the park is called an inland park with edge development. The exception is the road in the woods, which belongs to the busy No.2 Ring Road and runs directly through the southeast end of the park as Federal Highway 5.
15. Erstes Wandsbeker Gehölz
Wandsbeker Gehölz is a park in the Marienthal district of the Wandsbek district of Hamburg, Germany. This forest, about 2 kilometers long and 200 meters wide, is the relic of the former Wandsbek Manor. The castle was built at the end of the 18th century. It was built in the 19th century by merchant and slave trader Heinrich Carl von Simelman, who also redesigned Castle Park. From 1766 to 1770, Schimmelmann built an amusement garden here with alley of linden trees. Bodhi Avenue disappeared before the Second World War.
The Speicherstadt Museum records the construction and use of Hamburg's historic Speicherstadt. It is on the ground floor of the 1888 L storage block, which was built in neo-Gothic style according to the design of Hamburg architect Georg Thielen. The part used by Speicherstadtmuseum still retains the original wrought iron riveted skeleton structure. The museum is located in Sandtorkai 36, close to HafenCity, the model railway Miniatur Wunderland, Hamburg Dungeon and Gewürzmuseum, and can be reached by subway line 3.
The Christianskirche in Hamburg's Ottensen district is a Baroque building from 1738; the congregation belongs to the church district Hamburg-West/Südholstein of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Northern Germany. Since 1803, the grave of the poet Friedrich Gottlieb Klopstock has been located in the churchyard, which is why the Palmaille-Elbchaussee street passing south of it on a length of about 270 m was named Klopstockstraße in 1846 and the name Klopstockkirche has become common for the church in the meantime.
The Hamburg-Altona Fish Auction Hall was built in 1895/96 in Altona, a newly built fishing port on the Elbe River, to auction, trade and transport fish ashore there. In addition, the building is used to store and repair fishing equipment and distribute ice. The hall has been the venue for events since it was restored in 1984. The brick-and-steel-beam building has been listed as a historic monument since 1984, proving the importance of the fish trade in Hamburg and Altona, two former rival cities.
19. Kirchenruine St. Nikolai
The Church of St. Nicholas was a Gothic Revival cathedral that was formerly one of the five Lutheran Hauptkirchen in the city of Hamburg, Germany. The original chapel, a wooden building, was completed in 1195. It was replaced by a brick church in the 14th century, which was eventually destroyed by fire in 1842. The church was completely rebuilt by 1874, and was the tallest building in the world from 1874 to 1876. It was designed by the English architect George Gilbert Scott.
The Bishop's Tower, or Bishop's Castle, is an archaeological site in the historic city center of Hamburg, Germany, containing the oldest known remains of a stone building in the city. The site includes the foundations of a circular tower and a well, originally believed to represent the 11th-century stone residence of Archbishop Adalbrand of Bremen. Later finds, however, disproved this theory and it is now considered to be part of a 12th-century defensive structure.
21. Altonaer Theater
The Altonaer Theater is a theater in Hamburg, Germany. The private theater adapts literary works for the stage, from classics and international bestsellers to young German literature and more. Past productions include Anna Karenina, Steppenwolf, Measuring the World, and The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared. It presents its own productions, guest performances, and special events. Axel Schneider has been the theater manager since 1995.
22. Friedrichsberger Park
Friedrichsberger Park is a park in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. 10 hectares of public green space in Barmbek-Süd and Eilbek districts of Hamburg. The park is located north of the Eilbek River, between the Friedrichsberger Straße in the west and the Friedrichsberg S-Bahn station in the east. It is part of the green space, including Eichtalpark and Mühlenteichpark in Wandsbek, Kuhmühlenteich between Eilbektal and Hohenfelde and Uhlenhorst.
23. Hauptkirche St. Katharinen
St. Catherine's Church is one of the five principal Lutheran churches (Hauptkirchen) of Hamburg, Germany. The base of its spire, dating from the 13th century, is the second oldest building preserved in the city, after the lighthouse on Neuwerk island. It is situated on an island near what was formerly the southern boundary of the medieval city, opposite the historic harbour area on the Elbe river. It traditionally served as the church of the seamen.
24. Maria Grün
Maria Glenn Church, formerly known as Santa Maria Ascension, is a Catholic parish church in Hamburg-Blankness, Germany, which was built during the Weimar Republic. It is located at the intersection of Schenefelder Landstraße and Elbchaussee, not far from the boundary of Nienstedten district, in the area formerly belonging to Dockenhuden village. Hirschpark and the once independent Mühlenberg settlement separate the church from the Elbe River.
25. Alter Elbpark
The Alte Elbpark in Hamburg is a listed public green area between the districts of Neustadt and St. Pauli. It is part of Hamburg's historic ramparts and connects the Planten un Blomen park to the north with the Stintfang, a striking hill above the St. Pauli Landungsbrücken. The Old Elbe Park is dominated by the Bismarck monument erected in 1906 by the sculptor Hugo Lederer. The name Alter Elbpark has also existed since 1906.
The Alsterpark runs along the banks of the Alster around the Outer Alster and includes the areas of Schwanenwik, the Eduard-Rhein-Ufer and the Alstervorland. Starting in the south, the park runs east through the districts of St. Georg, Hohenfelde, Uhlenhorst and Winterhude, from the Krugkoppelbrücke west through the Alstervorland in Harvestehude and Rotherbaum to the Kennedy Bridge at the transition to the Binnenalster.
27. Medizinhistorisches Museum Hamburg
Hamburg Medical History Museum was established in October 2007 and opened in June 2010. It is sponsored by the Institute of Medical History and Ethics of Hamburg-Eppendorf University Medical Center. The museum offers permanent exhibitions, regular special exhibitions, conferences, lecture series, workshops and readings. It is located in Fritz-Schumacher-Haus, Martinistraäe 52, Building N 30, University Hospital (UKE).
28. Alter Friedhof Harburg
The old Harburg cemetery is a public park on a former cemetery site in Hamburg-Harburg. It is located on a hill south of St. John's Church on Bremer Straße. In the east it borders on Maretstraße with the Phoenixviertel and ends in the south at Baererstraße. From here, a footpath runs over a bridge into the Harburg city park, which creates a green path connection from the Harburg inner city area to the city park.
The Bismarck Monument in Hamburg is a memorial sculpture located in the St. Pauli quarter dedicated to Otto von Bismarck. It is one of 240 memorials to Bismarck worldwide and is the largest and probably best-known of these Bismarck towers. The monument stands near the jetties of Hamburg port on the Elbhöhe, today a local recreation area. The architect was Johann Emil Schaudt; the sculptor was Hugo Lederer.
30. Harburger Theater
Harburger Theater is a theatre in Hamburg, Germany. It showcases classic plays, comedies, modern pieces and musicals. The theater hall is located in the main building of the Hamburg Archaeological Museum and the Museumplatz in Harsburg. The head of the theater is Axel Schneider, who also heads the Altona Theater and the Hamburger Kammerspiele. He has been with the Harburger Theater since 2003.
Dreifaltigkeitskirche is a Lutheran church in the Hamm district of Hamburg, Germany. Built in 1956/57 and designed by Reinhard Rimerschmid, it is the successor to the Hammer Church, which was destroyed in the Second World War in 1693. The symbolic concrete building, one of the most important church buildings in postwar modernism in northern Germany, has been under protection since 2002.
32. Altonaer Balkon
Altonaer Balkon is located in the Altona-Altstadt district of the Altona district of Hamburg. The park is part of a series of Elbe River parks, which are located on Geesthang, about 27 meters above the Elbe River, and are arranged in a chain westward from the promenade in St. Pauli District, forming part of the urban cultural landscape in the upper reaches of the Elbe River.
33. Hamburger Dom
The Hamburger Dom is a large fair held at Heiligengeistfeld fair ground in central Hamburg, Germany. With three fairs per year it is the biggest and the longest fair throughout Germany and attracts approximately ten million visitors per year. It is also referred to as a Volksfest . The Hamburger Dom is also one of the well known festivals in the Hamburg metropolitan area.
The Innocentiapark in Hamburg is located in the west of the Harvestehude district between Brahmsallee and Parkallee in the immediate vicinity of the Grindel skyscrapers. The approximately 4.5-hectare park is named after Pope Innocent IV. The green area was created in 1884 according to the English model and is sometimes referred to by the people of Hamburg as "Innopark".
Stintfang is a 26-meter-high hill on the right bank of the Elbe River in Hamburg, Germany. It is a relic of the former Hamburg city wall and is an important landmark in Hamburg's urban landscape due to its exposed position above St. Pauli's landing bridge. The most famous is the youth hostel in Stintfang and the observation deck in front with a view of Hamburg Harbor.
36. Sankt Gertrud
St. Gertrude's Church is a neo-Gothic building in the Uhlenhorst district of Hamburg, Germany, designed by Johannes Otzen. Today's St. Gertrude Church, located in Kuhmühlenteich, on Immenhof Street, was built as a successor to Gertrude Chapel, which was destroyed by fire in 1842. The name of the church can be traced back to the Virgin of Neville and St. Gertrude.
37. Jüdischer Friedhof Altona
The Jewish cemetery of Altona, also known as the Jewish cemetery of Königstraße, or the Portuguese cemetery of Königstraße, referring to the Sephardic part of the cemetery, was built in 1611 and closed in 1877. Because of its 1.9-hectare area, its age and a large number of tombstones, it is considered one of the most important Jewish cemeteries in the world.
38. Sankt Sophien
St. Sophien is a Roman Catholic parish church in Hamburg-Barmbek-Süd, Weidestraße 53. The church, opened in 1900, was donated by the shipowner Wilhelm Anton Riedemann. The name may go back to the common first name "Sophie" of Riedemann's wife and their daughter; officially, the church bears the patronage of Sophia of Rome. The building is a listed building.
In 1794, Christian Frederick Hanson built the house for John Black, the court owner of the Merchant Adventurers, and was later completely transformed by its last owner, John Henry Gosler. This protected building, located in the Blankenese district of Hamburg, is home to the Janssen Library and an event site for the Association of Friends of Go ️ lerhaus.
40. Lokstedter Wasserturm
The Lokstedt water tower is located in the Hamburg district of Lokstedt, near the junction of Süderfeldstraße and Lokstedter Steindamm. It is no longer used as a water tower, but is converted for residential purposes. With its height of 50.25 m, it clearly towers over the low residential development of Lokstedt and thus forms a landmark of the district.
41. Cap San Diego
MS Cap San Diego is a general cargo ship, situated as a museum ship in Hamburg, Germany. Notable for her elegant silhouette, she was the last of a series of six ships known as the White Swans of the South Atlantic, and marked the apex of German-built general cargo ships before the advent of the container ship and the decline of Germany's heavy industry.
42. Thalia Theater
The Thalia Theater is one of the three state-owned theatres in Hamburg, Germany. It was founded in 1843 by Charles Maurice Schwartzenberger and named after the muse Thalia. Today, it is home to one of Germany's most famous ensembles and stages around 9 new plays per season. Current theatre manager is Joachim Lux, who in 2009/10 succeeded Ulrich Khuon.
The Berseering 45 Office Building, or ERGO Building, is a complex in the northern city of Hamburg, completed in 1974 and is now home to the life insurance business of ERGO Insurance Group. The building was listed as a historical monument in 2019. The conceptual consistency of the complex makes it "an outstanding example of postwar German modernism".
44. Museum am Rothenbaum – Kulturen und Künste der Welt
The Museum am Rothenbaum – Kulturen und Künste der Welt, founded in 1879, is today one of the largest museums of ethnology in Europe. The approximately 350,000 objects in the collection are visited every year by about 180,000 visitors. It lies in the Rotherbaum quarter of the Eimsbüttel borough in Hamburg at the Rothenbaumchaussee avenue.
45. Dampfeisbrecher Stettin
Stettin is a steam icebreaker built by the shipyard Stettiner Oderwerke in 1933. She was ordered by the Chamber of Commerce of Stettin. The economy of the city of Stettin strongly depended on the free access of ships to and from the Baltic Sea. Therefore, icebreakers were used to keep the shipping channels free from ice during the winter.
46. Wohlers Park
The cemetery Norderreihe, also called Norderfriedhof or because of its location on the Wohlers Allee Wohlers Park, is a former burial place in Altona-Altstadt. It was inaugurated in 1831, and the last funeral took place in 1945. Since 1979 it has been a listed building and has also been designated as a public park of about 4.6 hectares.
47. St. Johannis Eppendorf
St. John's Church is an Evangelical Lutheran parish church in the Eppendorf district of Hamburg, Germany. For a very long time it was the centre of a large parish and is the mother church of many other churches in the north of Hamburg. The building, named after John the Baptist, is considered the most famous "wedding church" in Hamburg.
The Ericus Bridge is a former swing bridge built in 1870 in Hamburg's HafenCity district, which leads over the Ericusgraben and Brooktorhafen as part of the Poggenmühle street. It thus connects the sub-districts Brooktorkai/Ericus and Am Lohsepark with each other. It is considered one of the oldest preserved movable bridges in Germany.
Treppenviertel is a block in the Blankenese district of Hamburg, about 10 kilometers west of the city center. It borders Süllberg, Baurs Park and Hessepark and the Elbe River to the south. It has only a few passable roads; Most houses can only be reached on foot through more than 5,000 steps, which are distributed on different stairs.
50. Sankt Elisabeth
St. Elisabeth in Hamburg is a church in the district of Harvestehude, located near the Hochallee at the height of the Innocentiapark. It is the main church of the Roman Catholic parish of St. Elisabeth Hamburg. The church building was built in 1926 according to plans by Heinrich Renard and Jos. van Geisten, and is a listed building.
The Polstjernan, a Finnish four-masted sailboat with auxiliary motors, has been the subject of wreckage and photographs in Hamburg's Blankenese district since 1926. The Polstjernan is a Finnish four-masted sailboat equipped with auxiliary motors. The Polstjernan is a Finnish four-masted sailboat equipped with auxiliary motors.
52. Internationales Maritimes Museum Hamburg
The Internationales Maritimes Museum Hamburg is a private museum in the HafenCity quarter of Hamburg, Germany. The museum houses Peter Tamm's collection of model ships, construction plans, uniforms, and maritime art, amounting to over 40,000 items and more than one million photographs. It opened in a former warehouse in 2008.
53. Hamburger Stadtpark
Hamburg Stadtpark is a large urban park in the district of Winterhude, in the Hamburg borough of Hamburg-Nord. Spanning an area of 148 hectares, it is the second-largest park in the city after Altona Volkspark. The Stadtpark is regarded as the "green heart" of Hamburg, despite being located some 3 km from the city centre.
54. Sammlung Falckenberg
The Falckenberg Collection is a collection of modern and contemporary works of art collected in Hamburg by lawyer and entrepreneur Harald Falckenberg. Private collections have been rated as one of the "Top 200 in the World" by international trade magazine Artnews. It has been part of the Hamburg Deichtorhallen since 2011.
The Deichtorhallen in Hamburg, Germany, is one of Europe's largest art centers for contemporary art and photography. The two historical buildings dating from 1911 to 1913 are iconic in style, with their open steel-and-glass structures. Their architecture creates a backdrop for spectacular major international exhibitions.
56. Info-Pavillon Hannoverscher Bahnhof
Hannoversche Bahnhof was a former terminal station in Hamburg, Germany. It was opened in 1872 and was located on the Großer Grasbrook on the site of today's Lohseplatz. Until it was replaced by Hamburg Hauptbahnhof in 1906, it was the terminus for all passenger trains that crossed the Elbe from the south near Hamburg.
Soviet submarine B-515 was a Tango-class submarine of the Soviet and Russian Navies. She remained in active service until 2001. She is currently docked in Hamburg and is open to the public as a museum exhibit. The submarine is sometimes referred to as U-434, which derives from the pennant number painted on the vessel.
The Apostle Church is an Evangelical Lutheran church built in 1893 and 1894 in the Hamburg district of Eimsbüttel. The design comes from the architects Erwin von Melle and Peter Gottlob Jürgensen. The exterior appearance is characterized by neo-Romanesque style elements, inside there is a dome-vaulted central room.
59. Gedenkort für Deserteure und andere Opfer der NS-Militärjustiz
The "Memorial Site for Deserters and Other Victims of Nazi Military Justice" is located on Dammtordamm in Hamburg in the vicinity of two older monuments that also address war and war victims. Special tribute is paid to the 227 victims of the Wehrmacht justice of the Second World War in Hamburg, who are known by name.
Kapstadtring 2 and 4 office buildings are an office building located in the northern city of Hamburg. The initiator and long-term user of the building is Esso, a German oil company, and Allianz, an insurance group, has taken over the building since 2010. It has been listed as a historical monument since 2013.
61. Hauptkirche St. Trinitatis
The Evangelical Main Church of St. Trinitatis was built in the years 1742–1743 in the Baroque style of the time in the Holstein town of Altona, which was incorporated into Hamburg in 1938. After war destruction, the building was restored to its old form in the 1960s and received modern furnishings inside.
62. Museum der Arbeit
The Hamburg Museum of Work is a museum in Hamburg-Barmbek. Its major theme is changes in work and living during the last 150 years. It examines and displays the social cultural and economic effects of industrialisation. The museum is an anchor point on the European Route of Industrial Heritage (ERIH).
63. Christuskirche Wandsbek
Evangelical Lutheran Christian Church Wandsbek is the central church in the Wandsbek district of Hamburg, Germany. It occupies the east side of Wandsbek Market Plaza, and its unique towers are clearly visible from the entire Wandsbek Center. Today's church building is the fourth church in this place.
The Altona Harbour Railway Tunnel is a disused, 961 m long railway tunnel in Hamburg-Altona. It connected the easternmost track at Hamburg-Altona station with the tracks of the former Altona Harbour Railway and the Altona Fishing Harbour below the Geesthang on the Elbe. It was reopened for viewing.
65. Hammer Park
Hammer Park is a park in Hamm District of Hamburg, Germany. Its current size and shape was designed between 1914 and 1920 by Otto Lynn, then director of horticulture in Hamburg. However, it can be traced back to an older, larger private landscape garden with roots dating back to the 17th century.
66. Sankt Joseph
The Roman Catholic Church and parish of St. Joseph is located in the Hamburg district of Wandsbek. It is dedicated to Saint Joseph, husband of Mary, Mother of God. The neo-Romanesque building is located on Witthöfftstraße, near the Wandsbeker Marktplatz, opposite the Matthias-Claudius-Gymnasium.
67. Evangelische Freikirche Torstraße
The Church of God is a holiness Christian denomination with roots in Wesleyan-Arminianism and also in the restorationist traditions. The organization grew out of the evangelistic efforts of several Holiness evangelists in Indiana and Michigan in the early 1880s, most notably Daniel Sidney Warner.
68. Gedenktafeln jüdischer Friedhof
The Ottensen Jewish Cemetery is a former Jewish cemetery in the Ottensen district of Hamburg, built in 1663, between what is now Ottenser Hauptstraße and Grosse Rainstraße. The last burial was in 1934-followed by several reconstructions, as was already partially completed in the 19th century.
Bugenhagenkirche is a former Lutheran church in the Barmbek-Süd district of Hamburg, Germany. Built between 1927 and 1929, it was designed by architect Emile Henin and restored and rebuilt by Bernhard Heche from 1996 to 1998. The Bugenhagen church was closed in 2004 and demolished in 2019.
70. Broschek-Haus (Fritz Höger)
The Broschek-Haus in Hamburg is an office building built in 1925–26 according to the plans of the architect Fritz Höger, which was rebuilt and supplemented in 1980–81 by the architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners and is now used as the Renaissance Hamburg Hotel of the Marriott Group.
71. Auferstehungskirche Barmbek
The Church of the Resurrection in Hamburg-Barmbek-Nord, also called "Kirche am Tieloh" after its location, is the church of the Evangelical Lutheran parish of Nord-Barmbek. The congregation belongs to the Church District Hamburg-Ost of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Northern Germany.
72. Denkmal Bornplatzsynagoge
The synagogue on Bornplatz in Hamburg's Grindelviertel was inaugurated in 1906 and was one of the largest synagogues in Germany. She served as the main synagogue of the German-Israelite Community (DIG). In the immediate vicinity, the building of the Talmud Torah School was built in 1911.
Antonipark is a small public park in Hamburg, Germany. It is located on the banks of the Elbe, at the intersection of Pinnasberg/Antoni-/Bernhard-Nocht-/St. Pauli-Hafenstraße and mostly in the district of Altona-Altstadt on the border with St. Pauli. It is also known as Park Fiction.
74. Goßlers Park
Gossler's Park is a public park in Blankenese in Hamburg. It is located north of Blankeneser Landstraße and near Blankenese station. The park is named after the Gossler hanseatic banking family. The Goßlerhaus, a white mansion previously owned by the Gosslers, is located in the park.
Heinrich-Gross-Hof is a residential complex in the Barmbek-Süd district of Hamburg, located in Kraepelinweg, Pinelsweg and Reyesweg. Built in 1928 by the Ship Carpenters' Cooperative, it includes 128 apartments with living areas ranging from 30 square meters to 74 square meters.
76. Blankeneser Kirche am Marktplatz
The Evangelical Lutheran Blankenese Church in Hamburg-Blankenese is located on the Blankenese market square and is often referred to locally only as a market church. The church belongs to the villa district around the Blankenese train station, which was developed from the 1890s.
77. Hamburg Dungeon
Built in 2000, the Hamburg Dungeon is a tourist attraction from a chain including the London Dungeon and Berlin Dungeon. It is the first of this brand to be built in mainland Europe. It provides a journey through Hamburg’s dark history in an actor led, interactive experience.
78. Altonaer Museum
Altonaer Museum is an art museum in the suburb of Altona in Hamburg, Germany. The museum association was established in 1863, when Altona was still part of Denmark. The museum has a collection of over 300 000 objects connected to the cultural history of Northern Germany.
79. St. Martinus
St. Martin's Church is an Evangelical Lutheran church built on 7 August 1949 and consecrated on 11 December 1949 in the Hamburg district of Eppendorf. It is located at the fork Martinistraße / Tarpenbekstraße and is one of three Bartning emergency churches in Hamburg.
80. Sankt Pauli Kirche
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of St. Pauli is located on Pinnasberg Street in the Altona-Altstadt district of Hamburg. The property was part of the borough of St Pauli until the city boundary changed in 1949 and became the church of the borough of St Pauli in 1833.
81. St. Anschar
St. Anschar is a Lutheran parish in Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany. The church building was built in 1889 and is now a listed building. The church belongs to the Anscharhöhe Foundation and is located on the foundation grounds, set back a little from Tarpenbekstraße.
The Meßberghof – until 1938 Ballinhaus – is an office building built in 1924 in Hamburg. The listed building is located on the Meßberg between Pumpen and Willy-Brandt-Straße and is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Speicherstadt and Kontorhausviertel.
Jacobipark is a public park in the Eilbek district of Hamburg. It dates back to two earlier burial sites, the graveyard of St. Jacoby's Cathedral in Hamburg and the new graveyard in the Protestant diocese of Hamm, and some tombstones are still preserved today.
Kindertransport-der letzte Abschied is the title of a bronze sculpture on Dag-Hammarskjöld Square in front of the south exit of Hamburg's Dammtor railway station by sculptor Frank Meisler, who designed it with his long-time collaborator, sculptor Arie Ovadia.
85. Hanseatisches Oberlandesgericht
The Judicial Forum is an ensemble of buildings on Sievekingplatz in Hamburg, which houses important courts of the federal state:The Hamburg Constitutional Court The Hanseatic Higher Regional Court The Regional Court of Hamburg The District Court of Hamburg
86. Emil Krause Schule
Tieloh School, located in the street of the same name in Barmbek-Nord district of Hamburg, is one of the campuses of Emile-Krause School. Before the Hamburg school reform, it was a Hamburg elementary school, middle school and middle school under one roof.
87. Black Form
Black Form – Dedicated to the Missing Jews is a 1987 sculpture by the American artist Sol LeWitt, which has been installed since 1989 as a memorial to the destroyed Jewish community of Altona on the Platz der Republik in front of the Altona Town Hall.
88. Villa Jako
Villa Jako Hotel is a protected residential building located in a scenic forest park. The area is located at 17 Willmans Park, Hamburg-Blankness. The house and garden are listed in the list of Hamburg-Blankenese cultural monuments, numbered 29445.
Schleidenpark, built in 1903/04, is located in the open area of Hamburg-Bambeck-Sood suburb and is the first public park in the working-class district of Hamburg. After urbanization in 1947, the surrounding streets were named Biederman Square.
90. PROTOTYP -Das Automuseum
The Prototyp – Personen. Kraft. Wagen (persons. power. cars) museum in Hamburg opened in 2008 in Hamburg's Speicherstadt district. The permanent exhibition of the museum specializes in German sports and racing cars developed after WW II.
The Zollenbrücke in Hamburg is a bridge built in 1633 over the former Fleet of Gröningerstraße. Located on the Nikolaifleet in the old town, it is the oldest preserved bridge in the city area and has been a listed building since 1954.
Schimmelmann Mausoleum is the burial site of Heinrich Carl von Schimmelmann and his wife Caroline. It is located near the Christian Church in Hamburg-Wandesbeck. It is regarded as one of the main works of classicism in northern Germany.
93. KZ-Außenlager Spaldingstraße
The Hammerbrook sub-camp is a sub-camp in Hammerbrook district of Hamburg and is the largest sub-camp in Neuengamme concentration camp. It was built from October 1944 to April 1945 and is located in the historic building of Fort George.
94. wintershall dea
Bürohaus å berseering 40, or DEA building, is a complex located in the northern city of Hamburg and is now one of the central administrative headquarters of Wintershall DEA. The building was listed as a historical monument in 2020.
Hamburg Planetarium is one of the world's oldest, and one of Europe's most visited planetariums. It is located in the district of Winterhude, Hamburg, Germany, and housed in a former water tower at the center of Hamburg Stadtpark.
The Alfredstraßenbrücke is a listed road bridge in hamburg's Borgfelde district. It runs over the tracks of the Hamburg–Lübeck long-distance railway line and the S-Bahn line 1 in the direction of Ohlsdorf and Poppenbüttel.
97. Alter Leuchtturm Pagensand-Süd
The Old Lighthouse Pagensand-South is a small lighthouse that stood on the southern tip of Pagensand from 1934 to 2015. Since 21 November 2015, it has been erected as a technical monument in Hamburg's Oevelgönne Museum Harbour.
Kampnagel is a theatre in Hamburg, Germany. It is Germany's biggest independent production venue for the performing arts. It is based on the premises of a former mechanical engineering factory in Winterhude, founded in 1865.
99. Stadtteilschule Winterhude - Winterhuder Reformschule
The District School Winterhude is a district school with about 1000 students in the Hamburg district of Winterhude. The school in Jarrestadt, which was built according to the design of Fritz Schumacher, was opened in 1930.
Thaliahof is an office of Altstadt Alstertor in Hamburg. It was built in 1921/22, replacing the Old Talia Theatre, which was built in 1843. The architects of expressionist clinker architecture are Hans and Oscar Gerson.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.