Explore interesting sights in Greifswald, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 8 sights are available in Greifswald, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Greifswald
The Greifswald Observatory is an observatory at the University of Greifswald that has existed since 1924 and was used by its institution for scientific research until the Second World War. Since 1992 it has also been run as a public observatory and maintained by a non-profit association. In addition to academic teaching, it mainly serves amateur astronomy and the astronomical education of students and laymen through guided tours, lectures and exhibitions.
2. Wiecker Brücke
The Wiecker wooden folding bridge was built in 1887 according to the Dutch model. The folding bridge leads over the Ryck river, which flows a few hundred meters to the east to the Danish Wiek, the southern part of the Greifswald Boddens. It connects the two districts of Wieck and Eldena of the University and Hanseatic City of Greifswald.
3. Propsteikirche St. Joseph
The Roman Catholic Provost's Church of St. Joseph in Greifswald is a neo-Gothic brick building located on the southern edge of the old town of Greifswald on the corner of Bahnhofstraße and Rubenowstraße. It bears the patronage of St. Joseph of Nazareth, the spouse of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
4. Klosterruine Eldena
Eldena Abbey, originally Hilda Abbey is a former Cistercian monastery near the present town of Greifswald in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany. Only ruins survive, which are well known as a frequent subject of Caspar David Friedrich's paintings, including the famous Abtei im Eichwald.
5. Dom St. Nikolai
St. Nikolai, Greifswald, dedicated to Saint Nicholas, the patron saint of seafarers and merchants, is a Brick Gothic church located in the western part of the centre of Greifswald. It was the main church and seat of the bishop of the Pomeranian Evangelical Church.
6. St. Marien-Kirche
The Protestant St. Mary's Church is the oldest of the three large city churches in the Hanseatic city of Greifswald. It can be attributed to the North German Brick Gothic. With 3,100 members, the Protestant parish is the largest in the city.
The Bismarck Column in Greifswald is a monument built to commemorate Otto von Bismarck, the first Chancellor of the German Empire. It is located on Wolgaster Straße on a small elevation (“Epistelberg”) in an axis with the Volksstadion.
The Rubenow monument in the Hanseatic city of Greifswald was ceremoniously unveiled in honor of the mayor of the city and co-founder of the Greifswald University of Heinrich Rubenow on October 17, 1856.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.