Explore interesting sights in Goslar, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 18 sights are available in Goslar, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Goslar
1. Kaiserpfalz Goslar
The Imperial Palace of Goslar is a historical building complex at the foot of the Rammelsberg hill in the south of the town of Goslar north of the Harz mountains, central Germany. It covers an area of about 340 by 180 metres. The palace grounds originally included the Kaiserhaus, the old collegiate church of St. Simon and St. Jude, the palace chapel of St. Ulrich and the Church of Our Lady (Liebfrauenkirche). The Kaiserhaus, which has been extensively restored in the late 19th century, was a favourite imperial residence, especially for the Salian emperors. As early as the 11th century, the buildings of the imperial palace had already so impressed the chronicler Lambert of Hersfeld that he described it as the "most famous residence in the empire". Since 1992, the palace site, together with the Goslar's Old Town and the Rammelsberg has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site because of its millennium-long association with mining and testimony to the exchange and advancement of mining technology throughout history.
2. Stiftskirche St. Simon und Judas
The church known as Goslar Cathedral was a collegiate church dedicated to St. Simon and St. Jude in the town of Goslar, Germany. It was built between 1040 and 1050 as part of the Imperial Palace district. The church building was demolished in 1819–1822; today, only the porch of the north portal is preserved. It was a church of Benedictine canons. The term Dom, a German synecdoche used for collegiate churches and cathedrals alike, is often uniformly translated as 'cathedral' into English, even though this collegiate church was never the seat of a bishop.
3. Frankenberger Kirche
The former monastery church and today's Evangelical Lutheran parish church of St. Peter and Paul in Goslar is usually referred to as the Frankenberg Church and stands on the hill called Frankenberg at the western end of the historic old town. It is Romanesque at its core, but has Gothic and Baroque conversions. Together with the building of the "Little Holy Cross", the sexton's house from 1504 and an old gate from 1510 in the immediate vicinity, it conveys a remarkable picture of medieval urban planning.
4. Maria Schnee
The church of Maria Snow, also called Mary vom Snow or St. Mary, is the Catholic church in Hahnenklee-Bockswiese, a district of Goslar, Lower Saxony. It is part of the parish of St. Nicholas, based in Clausthal-Zellerfeld, and is the northernmost church in the Dean's Office of the Dean of Nörten-Osterode and the only church in the Diocese of Hildesheim, named after the Catholic Day of Memory “Maria Snow”. The church is located on the western edge of Hahnenklee, on Lautenthaler Straße 6.
The Paul-Lincke-Ring is awarded to musicians who have earned special merits for German-speaking entertainment music. The undoped prize is named after the German operetta composer Paul Lincke, who died in Hahnenklee in 1946. In 2009, the prize was awarded to a group for the first time. The municipality of Hahnenklee-Bockswiese or after its incorporation (1972) is the town of Goslar. From 1955 to 2015, the ring was awarded every two years, since 2016 every year.
6. Kloster Wöltingerode
The Wöltingerode monastery is located in Goslar (Lower Saxony) in northwestern Harz foothills and belongs to the Vienenburg district. The monastery was founded in 1174 as a Benedictine monastery and existed until 1188. Then it became a monastery for Cistercians. During this time, the foundation stone was laid for the monastery, the proportions of which can still be found today. The monastery was lifted in 1809.
7. Mönchehaus Museum
The Mönchehaus Museum Goslar is housed in a half-timbered house from the early 16th century in the historic old town of Goslar. It is therefore part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Rammelsberg Mine, the old town of Goslar and the Upper Harz Water Management. As a museum of contemporary art with five exhibitions a year, it has a unique selling point in the region.
8. Stiftsruine St. Georg
The ruins of St. George's Abbey in Goslar date back to the foundation of a monastery by Emperor Konrad II on the Georgenberg, which towers north of the old town of Goslar. The monastery buildings, which burned down during the Goslar riots in 1527, have almost completely disappeared, only fragments of the foundation walls have been preserved. These can be viewed freely.
9. Klosterkirche St. Georg
The Collegiate Church of St. George is an important baroque church southeast of the Goslar district of Hahndorf. It is part of the former Augustinian Canons' Abbey of St. George and is now maintained by the Hanover Monastery Chamber. Ecclesiastically, it belongs to the Catholic parish of St. Jakobi in Goslar.
10. Stiftskirche St. Peter
The St. Peters-Stift was a pencil for the Petersberg east of the old town of Goslar. It existed from the middle of the 11th to the 15th centuries. In the Goslar riots in 1527, the buildings were destroyed, and the rest of the masonry was removed as building material in the 18th century.
11. St. Jakobi
St. Jakobus the older, mostly called St. Jakobi or Jakobikirche, is a historic church building in the old town of Goslar and the parish church of the Catholic parish of the same name. The parish is part of the Goslar salt grille dean's office and belongs to the Hildesheim diocese.
The Neuwerkkirche is a former monastery church from the 12th century in Goslar. Today it serves as a Protestant parish church. The construction state of the time of origin is preserved in all parts. It therefore offers a stylish example of the Romanesque construction.
The 435 m high Königsberg is a hill in the Harz mountains in central Germany, southwest of Goslar between the Grane Reservoir and the Steinberg. On its summit are the ruins of an old tuberculosis convalescent home, later a children's home, the Königsberg Sanatorium.
The Klauskapelle in Goslar is a small Romanesque church building from the 12th century. Built as a gate chapel, it served as a place of worship for the miners of Rammelsberg since 1537. Today, the chapel belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran parish of Frankenberg.
The church of St. Johannes was a medieval parish church on the northern foothills of the Rammelsberg in Goslar. It was built around the middle of the 11th century and destroyed in the Goslar unrest in 1527. Their foundations were excavated and secured in 1925.
16. St. Thomas
St. Thomas was a church in Goslar, of which no visible leftovers are preserved. The small hall building with a roof rider stood east of the collegiate church of St. Simon and Judas at the beginning of Thomassstrasse named after it.
The market church of St. Cosmas and Damian is an Evangelical Lutheran church building in the center of the old town of Goslar. It is the city and main parish church of the city and is named after the St. Cosmas and Damian.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.