Book tickets, guided tours and activities in Dusseldorf.
Guided Free Walking Tours
Book free guided walking tours in Dusseldorf.
Explore interesting sights in Dusseldorf, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 100 sights are available in Dusseldorf, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Dusseldorf
1. NordparkBook Ticket*
Nordpark in Düsseldorf is a public green area in the Stockum district. It was planned for the Reichsasstellung Schaffendes Volk, a propaganda exhibition of the National Socialists, and opened in 1937. The main entrance is on Kaiserswerther Straße, another entrance on the Rhine side on Rotterdamer Straße.
2. St. LambertusBook Ticket*
The Catholic parish church of St. Lambertus in the Kalkum district of Düsseldorf forms the center of the old town center and goes back to the 11th century. The parish of the same name belongs to the Catholic parish community of Angerland/Kaiserswerth.
3. Rhine TowerBook Free Tour*
The Rheinturm is a 240.5-metre-high (789 ft) concrete telecommunications tower in Düsseldorf, capital of the federal state (Bundesland) of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Construction commenced in 1979 and finished in 1981. The Rheinturm carries aerials for directional radio, FM and TV transmitters. It stands 172.5 metres high and houses a revolving restaurant and an observation deck at a height of 168 metres. It is the tallest building in Düsseldorf.
4. KönigsalleeBook Free Tour*
The Königsallee is an urban boulevard in Düsseldorf, state capital of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. The Königsallee is noted for both the landscaped canal that runs along its center, as well as for the fashion showrooms and luxury retail stores located along its sides.
The studio house for "young still unmarried painters and sculptors" at Franz-Jürgens-Straße 12 in Düsseldorf-Golzheim was built in 1936/37 according to a design by Hans Junghanns in the style of the home protection architecture. The building ensemble, which is designed as the "artist community center with 12 studios and an exhibition room", is owned by the city of Düsseldorf and is part of a "artist settlement" with sample buildings of the Reich exhibition from 1937, which also includes today's north park and other facilities Name "Settlement creating people" and then "Schlagterstadt" led. In the course of the Reich exhibition, the area of the so -called "New Art Academy" with 52 artist apartments and studios in favor of exhibition halls was planned northwest. The "artist settlement" on today's Franz-Jürgens-Straße offered a replacement for only 22 of the artists. It has been listed as part of the monument area "Golzheimer Settlement" since 2014.
The Aquazoo Löbbecke Museum unites Zoo, Natural History Museum and Aquarium in one institution under the administration of the city of Düsseldorf. It was opened in 1987 in the North Park under the name "Löbbecke-Museum + Aquazoo". On an area of about 2000 square meters, around 500 animal species are exhibited in 25 themed rooms in aquariums, terrariums and a tropical hall. Moreover, the exhibition includes 1,400 natural history exhibits, models and interactive stations. With about 400.000 visitors per year, the Aquazoo Löbbecke Museum has been by far the most visited cultural institution in the city of Düsseldorf for many years. The name of the institution refers to Theodor Löbbecke who laid the foundation of the natural history collection by collecting sea shells. The collection is rich in type material for different mollusc species, such as the Angaria loebbeckei and Chicoreus loebbeckei.
The Kolping Square, also in the spelling Kolping Square, formerly Clever Square, is a park and square in Düsseldorf-Pempelfort, which is used above ground as a green area, play and marketplace and below the earth's surface for an underground garage. The town square, which is about 100 meters wide and is 150 meters long, is bordered to the north by Klever Straße, to the east by the Wall Straße, to the south by the Palatinate Straße and to the west by Schwerinstraße. After World War II, the city of Düsseldorf named the square after the Catholic priest Adolph Kolping, who was active in a socio-reform manner. A sculpture of Roman travertine built in 1954 by Hermann Isenmann, built on the east side of the square as a Kolping monument, shows the “Father Kolping – Apostle of the Family” in a group of figures with a workers family.
8. Haus Vionville
The house Vionville, originally also House Rocholl, is a residential building in Düsseldorf-Golzheim, Kaiserswerther Straße 200. The giebelsteige, two-storey house was built in 1893–1894 by the architect Klein & Dörschel of Düsseldorf for the painter Theodor Rocholl. It was built in the style of the Neorenaissance and reflected by a round corner tower with bell-shaped hood, bay, natural stone base, half-framed, shutters and cripple whale the construction methods, forms and materials of a rural architecture that romanticizes the country's life. The house thus also referred to the village structure of Golzheim, which was still in existence at that time. “Both floor plan design and outdoor architecture have been adapted to its rural environment.”
9. Peter von Cornelius
The Peter von Cornelius Monument is a historicist monument in Düsseldorf, located as the point de vue of Königsallee and Corneliusplatz on the edge of the Hofgarten. The statue honors the painter Peter von Cornelius, the first director of the Royal Prussian Academy of Fine Arts in Düsseldorf and the co-founder of the Düsseldorf School of Painting. It was designed by the sculptor Adolf von Donndorf and inaugurated on 24 June 1879 in the presence of Prince Wilhelm of Prussia. At a celebration in the evening in the Malkastenpark, a procession with figures based on paintings by Cornelius was performed to the sounds of the Midsummer Night's Dream Overture by Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy and the Malkasten Timpani March by Julius Tausch.
10. Wohn- und Atelierhaus Wach
The living and studio house Wach is located at Emmericher Straße 28 in Düsseldorf-Golzheim. It was built from 1931 to 1933 according to Karl Wach. Due to the free composition of the cubes and areas, it was groundbreaking for the modern house architecture of the 1950s. For the first time, exposed concrete was used in the Düsseldorf residential building as a building material. The front house is two -storey, the rear building is one. A pent roof falls diagonally from the front to the back house. The facade on the street shows an asymmetrical composition of transverse windows. A window tape made of round windows is located above the entrance area. It is a motif from shipbuilding and comes from the exterior design of ocean vapors.
The Mannesmann-Hochhaus is a managing building located on the Mannesmannufer in the Carlstadt district of Dusseldorf. It was designed and built in 1956 to 1958 by the architects Egon Eiermann and Paul Schneider-Esleben, after winning an architectural competition in 1954. The original client was Mannesmann AG, which was acquired by Vodafone in 2000. As general contractor, Hochtief was involved in the construction. Together with the three-disc house, it is one of the first modern high-rise buildings in Germany. It stands for the time of the so-called economic miracle in which private companies changed the Stadtsilhouette Düsseldorf by high-rise buildings in the style of post-war modernity.
12. Altes Araghaus
The former Arag main administration building at Heinrichstrasse 155 in the Mörsenbroich district of Düsseldorf was built in 1956 by Helmut Rhode for General Legal Protection Insurance AG. The construction is an "important contribution to the architecture of the 1950s in Düsseldorf [...] Exemplary for the 1950s are also interior and equipment". The building is eight -storey and has a slightly reset relay floor as the top. The roof of the roof is a far -cantilever cornice. The Y-shaped basic form is "most striking". There are three concave vibrating facades and three straight clinker walls. The curved facades with their glazed grid facade are "characteristic of the construction period".
13. Alt St. Martin
The Alt St. Martin church is the oldest church in Düsseldorf and at the same time the oldest surviving building in the state capital. The origins of the former Bilk parish church lie in Carolingian times. The church, originally built around the year 700 and rebuilt around the year 1000, presumably also served as a parish church for the then neighbouring community of Düsseldorf until 1206. In 1812, Alt St. Martin lost its function as the parish church of Bilk and was no longer used as a church for over a century. After war damage and several elaborate restorations, the Catholic parish of St. Boniface and the Protestant Lutheran parish now regularly celebrate services in Alt St. Martin.
14. Haus der Universität
The University of the University of Düsseldorf Schadowplatz 14 is a facility at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf. It was opened on September 20, 2013. There will be public events, conferences, exhibitions and study advice during opening hours from Monday to Saturday between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. There is also an offer from the Düsseldorf University and State Library for researching scientific literature. With the new house and its facility in the city center district, the university, the campus of which is rather peripheral in the Bilk district, is given the opportunity to offer its information offer in a central location and thus to be better accessible to the public.
15. Palais Nesselrode
Palais Nesselrode at Schulstraße 4 and Hafenstraße 2 in Düsseldorf-Carlstadt is a historic city palace. The brick house, which was damaged in the Second World War and has two main floors and one storey in the mansard roof, has been rebuilt and now houses the Hetjens Museum. Its three-part complex, which consists of two pavilion-like wings connected by a narrow central section, is irregularly arranged around a small courtyard. Benrath Castle in the style of rococo classicism served as a model for the construction. The semi-detached house at Schulstraße 4 and Hafenstraße 2 was the "only courtyard in Düsseldorf open to the street".
The ruins of Kaiserpfalz Kaiserswerth are located in the district of Düsseldorf. The Palatinate dates back to a monastery founded by the monk Suitbert(us) around 700. At that time, the Franconian Hausmeier Pippin gave the Mittlere and his wife Plektrudi to the Anglo-Saxon monk an artificially designed Rhine Island, which was already a Franconian Fronhof, protected by the earth wall, ditch and palisades, was already present. In the following period, this became a defensive customs festival. On December 23, 1982 the complex was entered in the list of monuments of the city in the category Castles, mansions, fortifications, castles.
17. tanzhaus nrw
The Dance House NRW in Düsseldorf is a dance institution founded in 1998, offering a comprehensive concept of presentation, production and participation in the dance division. The premises on Erkrather Straße 30, an old tram depot, include stage performances, professional dance training, the development of productions within the framework of choreographer residences and a variety of further training opportunities in courses and workshops. The cultural training offered by the Tanzhaus NRW, which is aimed at beginners, advanced and professional dancers across generations, reaches an average of 3600 visitors a week.
The Düsselthal Rescue Institution for orphans and street children was established in 1822 by Count Adelberdt von der Recke-Volmerstein as one of the first German institutions of its kind. It was built on the site of a Cistercian monastery. The monastery was a gift from the Elector Johann Wilhelm of the Palatinate to the Cistercians. The Spekkerhöfe used to found the monastery, named after the billet dams made of bacon, later gave their name to the "Speckermönchen". The street on which the monastery was located was named after Count Adelberdt von der Recke-Volmerstein, the founder of the rescue institution.
19. Drahtstiftefabrik Dreher
The FKI is a German association for research into the industrial history of Düsseldorf and the neighbouring region. The purpose of the association is to develop and promote industrial culture, monument protection, monument maintenance and cultural landscape protection. The association is realizing this purpose by designing a path of local historical industrial development in Düsseldorf-Gerresheim and in neighbouring Düsseldorf-Ludenberg, marking industrial cultural sites throughout the city of Düsseldorf and supporting industrial cultural networks in the region.
20. Ratinger Tor
The Ratinger Tor is the last and only remaining city gate of the original city of Düsseldorf. However, the current building is not the medieval city gate, but a customs gate, which was built between 1811 and 1815 in the classicist style. The need for a new building arose from the demolition of the fortifications stipulated in the Treaty of Lunéville, to which the old gate fell victim. The new Ratinger Tor was moved by about 115 m to the east, which made it possible to extend Ratinger Straße by 60 m and to create a boulevard, today's Heinrich-Heine-Allee.
The Herz-Jesu Church at Roßstraße 75 in Düsseldorf-derendorf was built by the architect Josef Kleesattel from 1905 to 1907 and is the parish church of the Roman Catholic parish of the same name in the Archdiocese of Cologne, which has been working in the parish association Derendorf-Pempelfort since 2009. According to the Pastoral Reform Directive of the Archdiocese of Cologne, the parishes of this association in Düsseldorf -derendorf and Pempelfort will be merged into their original trinity in Düsseldorf -derendorf and Pempelfort on January 1, 2013.
22. Mahn- und Gedenkstätte für die Opfer der nationalsozialistischen Gewaltherrschaft
The Düsseldorf Memorial for the Victims of National Socialist Tyranny is a cultural institute of the state capital of Düsseldorf. It is a museum, a research centre and an archive. The house was opened in 1987 and has since been dedicated to the memory of Düsseldorf's victims and persecuted by the Nazi regime. It is located in the western part of the historic town hall in the old town and has been showing the permanent exhibition "Düsseldorf Children and Young People under National Socialism" since a thorough renovation and its reopening in May 2015.
23. Stück der Berliner Mauer
The Berlin Wall was a guarded concrete barrier that encircled West Berlin of the Federal Republic of Germany from 1961 to 1989, separating it from East Berlin and the German Democratic Republic. Construction of the Berlin Wall was commenced by the government of the GDR on 13 August 1961. It included guard towers placed along large concrete walls, accompanied by a wide area that contained anti-vehicle trenches, beds of nails and other defenses. The primary intention for the Wall's construction was to prevent East German citizens from fleeing to the West.
The Thomas Church at Aschaffenburger Straße 8 in Düsseldorf-Reisholz was built in 1957/1958 according to plans by Walter Köngeter and Ernst Petersen. At the inauguration she was named after Adolf Klarenbach, the first Protestant martyr in the Rhineland. It served the community work in District II (Reisholz) of the Evangelical parish of Düsseldorf-Holthausen. In 1963/1964 a community center was grown and conversions were carried out. In 1996 Klarenbachkapelle, rectory and community center were entered in the monument list of the city of Düsseldorf.
25. Kriegerdenkmal im Hofgarten
The war memorial in the Hofgarten in Düsseldorf's city centre stands on the Landskrone, the landscaped remnant of the former city fortifications in the Hofgarten. The monument was created by Karl Hilgers (1844–1925) after he had won an artists' competition with his design "Vaterstadt", which had been announced by the "Committee for the Erection of a War Memorial". The monument was inaugurated on October 18, 1892. It is dedicated to fallen Düsseldorf soldiers of the German Wars of Unification (1864–66) and the German-French War (1870/71).
26. Die Kugelspielerin
The ball player is a sculpture by the sculptor Walter Schott and is considered to be his main work. It was created in Berlin from 1895 to 1897. A life-sized bronze casting is located in the flower garden at the Königsallee in Düsseldorf, and other artificial castings are located in Mannheim and Langen (Hessen), a copy in Berlin-Köpenick. A marble version is preserved in the park of Gut Waltersdorf near Heideblick. In addition, there are a variety of statuettes of the figure, in bronze, chryselephantin and Meißner porcelain.
27. Gedenkstein Hundsburg
Stoffeln is a desert in the Düsseldorf districts of Bilk, Oberbilk and Wersten in the districts 3 and 9. At the point of the former village there are today a small garden area adjacent to the Südpark, part of the Stoffel cemetery and recent residential buildings north and south of today Werstener Strasse. Parts of the southern park and the campus of the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf and the University Hospital Düsseldorf are located on the "district of Stoffeln", which continues to exist in the land register.
The Immanuel Church at Pionierstraße 61 in Düsseldorf-Friedrichstadt was built between 1965 and 1966 according to plans by the architect Heinz Kalenborn for the Protestant Friedenskirchgemeinde. It is an example of the use of concrete as a building material. For example, the "inside and outside of the wall surfaces are made of exposed concrete". The relief "Jesus in the Boat" and the inscription "If you don't believe, you won't stay" are works by the Düsseldorf artist Curt Beckmann. The church was closed in 2013.
The House of Altestadt 14 in Düsseldorf is a listed building. The location, the Altestadt street, is one of the oldest in Düsseldorf. The statements of the various authors listed under the following description vary a little different in their information on the details. However, the most important statements are confirmed or specified by the Düsseldorf H. Ferber in his book from 1889. This applies in particular to the building date, some names of the various owners and the magnificent plane ceiling in a room.
Düsseldorf-Benrath station is about 10 kilometres south of Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof in the Düsseldorf district of Benrath. It is on the Cologne–Duisburg line, and is classified by Deutsche Bahn as a category 3 station. In addition, Düsseldorf Benrath station is served by two Regional-Express services, several city bus services and two Stadtbahn lines. Benrath is the busiest station after Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof in Düsseldorf with about 25,000–30,000 daily entries and exits.
The Terstegenkirche is an Evangelical church building in Düsseldorf-Golzheim am Terstegenplatz 1. It was built from 1957 to 1958 and inaugurated on June 29, 1958. To date, it is used regularly for services and concerts. The namesake of the church is the Pietistic preacher, pastor and writer Gerhard Terstegen. The owner is the Evangelical Terstegen parish in the church district of Düsseldorf of the Evangelical Church in the Rhineland, a municipality of around 2,000 members today.
32. Denkmal der 39er
An expressionist building and garden ensemble is described in the North Rhine-Westphalian state capital of Düsseldorf in the North Rhine-Westphalian capital of Düsseldorf, which was created to carry out the Gesoleia exhibition in 1926. Today, as a museum, it encloses an inner courtyard with the buildings of the art palace and the NRW forum and extends axially over a garden parterre to the Tonhalle Düsseldorf, a concert and multi-purpose hall covered with a dome.
33. St. Benediktus
The Roman Catholic Church and the former parish church of St. Benediktus in Düsseldorf-Heerdt is the only Benedict patronium in the Archdiocese of Cologne. It refers to St. Benedict of Nursia, the religious saint of the Benedictines of the New Year, to whom the court Heerdt belonged in the Middle Ages. On 1 January 2015, the parish of the same name merged with the remaining three parishes in the left Rhine to form the new parish of St. Antonius and Benediktus.
The Hubertuskapelle is a baroque chapel in Düsseldorf-Angelmund with the patronal feast of St. Hubertus, the patron saint of the hunting. The chapel is located in the area of the St. Remigius Wittlaer parish, deanery Düsseldorf-Nord, and used to serve the hunters for church services and thanksgents. Today it is the only example of the castle chapels in the Düsseldorf urban area in the Düsseldorf city area in front of medieval or baroque knight seats.
35. Sankt Marien koptisch-orthodoxe Kirche
The former Roman Catholic bunker church of St. Sacrament, since 2015 Coptic parish of St. Maria, in Düsseldorf's Heerdt district, was originally a high-rise bunker from the Second World War, which offered space for around 2300 people on four floors. The listed building is thus a unique place of worship in the world and has also been aptly described as the "most stable church in the world". Today it is a church, memorial and art venue all in one.
36. Haus Weber
Haus Weber, An der alten Mühle 5 in Düsseldorf-Kalkum, was built in 1951 by Helmut Hentrich and Hans Heuser together with the landscape architect Roland Weber in the tradition of the 1930s homeland protection style. The house is single-storey, has white mud masonry and ends at the top with a gable roof. On the garden side there is a large window area. The "Garden Room", an unglazed room, opens onto a rectangular water basin in front.
The Protestant Church of the Resurrection in Düsseldorf-Oberkassel, on the corner of Arnulfstraße and Quirinstraße, is an architecturally important testimony to Art Nouveau, which foreshadows the Rhenish brick architecture of the 1920s. It is a listed building. It was built between 1913 and 1914 according to a design by the Düsseldorf architects Rudolf Wilhelm Verheyen and Julius Stobbe and inaugurated on Ascension Day in 1914.
38. Museum für Naturkunde
Schloss Benrath is a Baroque-style maison de plaisance in Benrath, which is now a borough of Düsseldorf. It was erected for the Elector Palatine Charles Theodor and his wife, Countess Palatine Elisabeth Auguste of Sulzbach, by his garden and building director Nicolas de Pigage. Construction began in 1755 and was completed in 1770. The ensemble at Benrath has been proposed for designation as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
St John's Church, with its almost 88 m high tower, is the largest Protestant church in Düsseldorf. It is located at the Martin-Luther-Platz. The church was built from 1875 to 1881 in the Romanesque Revival style. It was severely damaged in World War II, but was saved from destruction and in 1953 it was reopened. The last major remodeling took place in 2008. There is a cafe through which one enters the actual church.
40. St. Cäcilia
The Catholic parish church of St. Cecilia in Düsseldorf-Benrath is a three-nave neo-Gothic church with a tower attached to the side, which was built in the late 19th century by the architect Wilhelm Sültenfuß. Earlier church buildings on the same site can be traced back to 1005. The parish of the same name, together with the Sacred Heart parish in Urdenbach, forms the Benrath-Urdenbach parish association.
41. St. Peter
The neo-Gothic Catholic parish church of St. Peter in Düsseldorf-Unterbilk on the church square was built according to designs by the architect Caspar Clemens Pickel and consecrated in 1898. It is one of the largest churches in the state capital of Düsseldorf. The parish of the same name belongs to the pastoral care area of Unterbilk, Oberbilk, Friedrichstadt and Eller-West in the Archdiocese of Cologne.
The Südpark is the largest and most visited park in the north Rhine-Westphalian state capital Düsseldorf with 70 hectares. It was created according to the designs of the Südpark planning group for the Federal Garden Show in 1987 by expanding the existing folk garden to include new parks, which were built on former waste land. The south park thus formed consists of three different designs.
The wire house at Kaiserswerther Strasse 137 in Düsseldorf-Golzheim was built between 1951 and 1952 according to plans by Helmut Hentrich and Hans Heuser for the Wire Industry Association. The employee was Hubert Petschnigg (HPP). It is an exemplary post-war building, which with its "dissolved filigree façade was trend-setting for the architecture of the 1950s in Germany".
44. St. Bruno
The Roman Catholic Church of St. Bruno is located on Kalkumer Straße 58 in the west of the Düsseldorf district of Unterrath. Her patronal feast is subordinate to Saint Bruno, who was born in Cologne, the founder of the Order of Carthus, who had a monastery in nearby Lichtenbroich until 1964. The church was the center of the Roman Catholic parish of St. Bruno until 1998.
From 1880 to the 1930s, the rush house was the parliamentary building of the Provincial Edge of the Prussian Rhineland in Düsseldorf. From 1949 to 1988 it served as a conference venue for the North Rhine-Westphalian state parliament. Today, as an exhibition building K21, it houses the Department of Contemporary Art of the North Rhine-Westphalia Art Collection.
46. St. Maximilian
The Catholic Church of St. Maximilian, today mostly called Maxkirche, in the Carlstadt district of Düsseldorf is a late baroque church that emerged from a Franciscan monastery in 1804. The monastery, whose living and economic areas were in the immediately neighboring Maxhaus, was founded in the 17th century, and today's church was built in the 18th century.
47. Weg der Befreiung, Station 3
The Way of Liberation is a historical project in the north Rhine-Westphalian capital of Düsseldorf and in the district town of Mettmann. It recalls the local resistance to National Socialism at the end of World War II and the liberation of the city of Düsseldorf in April 1945. It is also a decentralized memorial that recalls the time of National Socialism.
48. St. Franziskus Xaverius Kirche
The Catholic parish church of St. Franziskus Xavierius in Düsseldorf-Mörsenbroich is a modern church building of the interwar period. It is located directly on the Mörsenbroich egg. The parish of the same name has only existed in its current form since January 1, 2010, when it merged with the parishes of St. Josef and the Holy Cross in the Rath district.
The Mannesmann-Haus, also Behrensbau, is a former administrative building in Düsseldorf and is located on the Mannesmann bank in the Carlstadt district. It was built from 1911 to 1912 according to a design by the architect Peter Behrens for the management of Mannesmannröhren-Werke AG and belongs to the early large administrative buildings in Düsseldorf.
50. St. Antonius
The Catholic parish church of St. Antonius in Düsseldorf's Friedrichstadt district was built between 1905 and 1909 according to plans by architects Wilhelm and Paul Sültenfuß in neo-Romanesque style. It belongs to the pastoral care area of Unterbilk, Oberbilk, Friedrichstadt and Eller-West in the Düsseldorf City Deanery of the Archdiocese of Cologne.
The Quadenhof is a building at Gerricusplatz 23 in Düsseldorf-Gerresheim. It was built for Godt of Broichhusen 1427 to 1436. The farm was named after the Quad family of Raede, who received him in 1458 by marriage. The Quadenhof is one of the few profane brick buildings of the late Middle Ages, which have been preserved in the Düsseldorf area.
52. Große Mannesmann
The Große Mannesmann, also called Mannesmann I or Movement, is a sculptor Norbert Kricke. It was created in the context of Informellen Kunst as commissioned work for Mannesmann AG from 1958 and was placed on its premises at the Mannesmann High House in 1961. Together with the high-rise, the object has been under monument protection since 1997.
53. Robert Schumann-Haus
The Schumannhaus at Bilker Straße 15 in Düsseldorf Carlstadt was the last common house of Robert and Clara Schumann and at the same time the only one in Germany that was preserved in its historical building fabric. From 2003 to 2018 it housed the Schumann memorial and is currently closed due to renovation. A Schumann Museum is created here.
54. St. Gertrud
The Catholic parish church of St. Gertrud in the Düsseldorf district of Eller is a neo-Gothic church building. The church on Gertrudisplatz was preceded by three places of worship at other locations. The parish of the same name was founded in 1624 and today belongs to the parish community of Eller-Lierenfeld, which has existed since 2000.
55. St. Adolfus
The Catholic Church of St. Adolfus is located in Düsseldorf-Pempelfort, Kaiserswerther Straße 60. The Cordoba Street that runs along the south side of the church is an indication that the church is dedicated to the Spanish martyr St. Adolphus, who, according to the priest Eulogius, was executed by the Emir of Córdoba in the 9th century.
56. NRW-Forum Düsseldorf
The NRW Forum Wirtschaft und Kultur, formerly the Museum für Industrie und Wirtschaft, is a museum in Düsseldorf, the state capital of North Rhine-Westphalia, dealing with the development and the economy of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia or regions within it, such as the Rhine-Ruhr-region. Today it is part of the Museum Kunstpalast.
57. St. Rochus
The Catholic Church of St. Rochus is located at Rochusmarkt 5 in the Pempelfort district of Düsseldorf. It represents the successor to the Rochuskapelle demolished at the end of the 19th century. The parish of the same name was founded in 1890/1891 and dissolved on January 1, 2013 by joining its historical "mother parish" Holy Trinity.
The Phoenix-Haus is a listed administration building on Fritz-Roeber-Straße 2 in the old town of Düsseldorf, which was built for Phoenix AG for mining and hut operation on the former Eiskellerberg from 1923 to 1926, served as an employment office for almost seven decades and since 2002 Is the seat of the Düsseldorf public prosecutor.
59. Synagoge Düsseldorf
The New Synagogue is the synagogue of the Jewish community in Düsseldorf, Germany. The synagogue was built in the Golzheim district, far from the site of the former synagogue, which was located in the city center at Kasernenstraße. There the synagogue, built in 1905, was pillaged and burned by SA men during the Kristallnacht in 1938.
The Hetjens – German Ceramics Museum is a museum of ceramic history in Düsseldorf, Germany, founded on 9 May 1909. Due to the up to 8000-year-old pieces in its collection, which come from all parts of the world, it is considered the most universal institute of its kind and is regularly represented with loans at home and abroad.
Schokker is a type of Dutch ship that was used until the 19th century. Schokkers were fishing sailing vessels used in the Zuiderzee and were characterized in particular by the so-called Schokker tree, a swing-out device for fishing with trawl nets. The type of ship takes its name from the island of Schokland in the Zuidersee.
62. St. Mariä Himmelfahrt - Liebfrauen
The Church of St. Mary's Assumption-also called Liebfrauenkirche-is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Flingern-Nord district of Düsseldorf. It was built according to designs by the architect Caspar Clemens Pickel from 1890 to 1892. The parish of the same name belongs to the parish association Flingern/Düsseltal.
63. St. Albertus Magnus
The Catholic Church of St. Albertus Magnus in Düsseldorf-Golzheim was built in 1938 on Kaiserswerther Straße, consecrated in 1939 as the first parish church in Golzheim, but was not finally completed until 1974. It belongs to the parish of Holy Family in the city deanery of Düsseldorf in the Archdiocese of Cologne.
The building of the Art Academy on Eiskellerstraße 1 in Düsseldorf-Altstadt was built between 1875 and 1879 by Hermann Riffart in the style of historicism according to models of the Italian Renaissance. On the banks of the building, a modern studio building designed by Rudolf Schwarz is joined by the Kunstakademie.
The Stummhaus on Breite Straße 67 to 69 in Düsseldorf was built by the Duesseldorf office company on behalf of the Stumm Group from 1922 to 1924 according to plans by Paul Bonatz in the materials and forms of brick expressionism. The construction is considered a “model example of expressionism in architecture”.
The Adoration Church is a Protestant church in Düsseldorf-Hassels, Germany. Between 1962 and 1964, the Protestant parish of Benrath built this church building in addition to the Dankeskirche, because the congregation had grown considerably. The dedication service took place on October 4, 1964, Thanksgiving Sunday.
67. Haus am Seestern
The Horten Corporation Administration Building is located on Seestern 3 in Düsseldorf-Lörick. It was built in 1960/1961 according to the design of the architect Helmut Rhode "based on the American model" and is considered a pioneer in the architecture of the office: "First in Germany as a pure open -plan office".
68. Schlosspark Kalkum
Kalkum Castle is a moated castle in the district of the same name in the north of Düsseldorf, about two kilometres northeast of Kaiserswerth, and an extraordinary example of classicist castle construction in the Rhineland. Together with the associated park, it has been a listed building since 18 January 1984.
69. Classic Remise Düsseldorf
Classic Remisen are service centres for motorcycles and automobiles, specialising in the field of classics, classic cars and collector's vehicles. There are two Classic Carriage Houses in Berlin and Düsseldorf. Both service centres are located in listed buildings with an industrial and transport background.
70. Haus Goldener Helm
The House of Golden Helm is located on Flinger Straße 1 corner of Berger Straße in the old town of the North Rhine-Westphalian state capital of Düsseldorf. On November 10, 1983, it was entered in the city's list of monuments in the residential and settlement buildings category in the Baroque subcategory.
71. Wildpark am Grafenberger Wald
The wild park in the Grafenberg Forest is one of the larger parks in Düsseldorf, with its size of 36 hectares. It is one of the oldest wild parks in Germany and shows exclusively domestic species. A beech forest, more than 200 years old, is home to the freewheeling areas and enclosures of the animals.
72. Heilige Dreifaltigkeit
Founded in 1691, the Catholic parish of Holy Trinity in Düsseldorf's Derendorf district is the oldest parish outside the former city walls of Düsseldorf that still exists today. The original parish church was built between 1692 and 1693, and the current church was built between 1892 and 1893.
The Jan Wellem monument in the Düsseldorf City Hall was completed by sculptor Gabriel de Grupello after 1697/before 1708. The marble statue is Johann Wilhelm von Pfalz-Neuburg, named Jan Wellem, Elector of the Palatinate and Duke of Jülich-Berg, who was speaking Lower Franconian at the time.
The Franz-von-Sales-Kirche is a branch church of the Catholic parish of St. Maria Rosenkranz built between 1969 and 1971 according to designs by the architect Hans Schwippert in the Düsseldorf district of Oberbilk on the district border with Wersten, to which it is ecclesiastically assigned.
75. German Opera on the Rhine
The Deutsche Oper am Rhein is an opera company based in Düsseldorf and Duisburg. The opera also has an associated classical ballet company. Axel Kober has been its Music Director since 2009. The resident orchestra, the Düsseldorfer Symphoniker, play both opera and symphonic repertoire.
76. St. Agnes
The Catholic Church of St. Agnes is in Düsseldorf-Angermund. It was built as a parish church after the Thirty Years' War. The parish of the same name belongs to the Catholic pastoral area of Angerland - Kaiserswerth in the city deanate of Düsseldorf of the Archdiocese of Cologne.
The Friedenskirche is an Evangelical Church inaugurated in 1899 on Florastraße in the Unterbilk district of Düsseldorf. Their neo -Gothic architecture is typical of sacred buildings in historicism, even if the building has been changed or simplified in many parts after war damage.
The Kreuzherrenkirche was initially a monastery church in the order of Kreuzherren. The building in the old city center of Düsseldorf on Ursulinengasse, corner of Ratinger Straße today serves the St.-Ursula-Gymnasium as a school church and auditorium and is not open to the public.
79. Schneidersches Geschäftshaus
The former Schneidersche commercial building in the old town of Düsseldorf was built in 1896 or 1898 according to designs by the Düsseldorf architect Hermann from Endt. On September 2, 1983, the corner house was listed. There is now a boutique on the ground floor of the building.
80. St. Antonius
The church of St. Antonius is a Roman Catholic church building in Düsseldorf-Hassels. In addition to St. Elisabeth in Düsseldorf-Reisholz, it is one of the churches of the Catholic parish of St. Antonius and Elisabeth in the Düsseldorf city dean of the Archdiocese of Cologne.
Wersten is a quarter (Stadtteil) of Düsseldorf located in Borough 9 of the city. It is south of Eller and Oberbilk, east of Bilk, and north of Holthausen. It has an area of 4.42 km2 (1.71 sq mi), and 27,151 inhabitants (2020). It has been a part of Düsseldorf since 1909.
The Jan-Wellem chapel (Kreuzkapelle) on Fährstraße No. 95 in Düsseldorf-Hamm was donated by Philipp Wilhelm in 1658 for the birth of his son Johann Wilhelm, called Jan Wellem. Jörg Heimeshoff describes the Renaissance chapel completed in 1660 and renovated in 1990:
83. Stadtmuseum Düsseldorf
The city museum of Düsseldorf is a museum oriented in the city and theoretically oriented in the city museum in the North Rhine-Westphalian state capital of Düsseldorf. It is housed in the Palais Spee in the Carlstadt on the southern edge of the historic city center.
84. Ehemaliges Konsulat USA
The Consulate General of the United States, Düsseldorf is a consular post located in Golzheim, Düsseldorf, Germany. It was built in 1953, designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill in the 1950s International Style. The architect Otto Apel implemented the design on-site.
The Christuskirche is a Protestant church on Kruppstraße in Düsseldorf-Oberbilk, inaugurated in 1899. Their neo-Gothic architecture is typical of sacred buildings of historicism, even if the building has been changed or simplified in many parts after damage to war.
The Largest Fair on the Rhine is a fair in Düsseldorf, one of Germany's largest. It takes place the third week in July on the left bank of the Rhine River, in the district Düsseldorf-Oberkassel, and features beer and food tents, amusement park rides, and vendors.
87. Römischer Kaiser
The Hotel Römischer Kaiser is a former hotel at Stresemanstraße 26 in the center of Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, which has more recently been used as an office and commercial building. It was designed by Josef Kleesattel and finished in 1904.
The Karl-Arnold-Haus is located at Palmenstraße 16 in Düsseldorf-Unterbilk, adjacent to the Florapark, the North Rhine-Westphalian Academy of Sciences and Arts, the Johannes Rau Research Foundation and the State Rectors' Conference of North Rhine-Westphalia.
The Florapark is one of the smaller parks in the state capital of Düsseldorf. Its total area is 3 hectares. It is located in the old south of the city, today in the south of the city center in the district of Unterbilk, not far from Friedrichstadt and Bilk.
90. Der Mahner
The dawn is the title of a bronze dumpling plastic by Wadim Abramowitsch Sidur in the Hofgarten of Düsseldorf. The object, which makes the caller's biblical figure think in the desert, is also interpreted as a memorial against totalitarianism and violence.
The Kreuzkirche is a church building of the Evangelical parish of Düsseldorf-Mitte in the Pempelfort district at the borders of Golzheim and Derendorf. It was built in the forms of neuromaniac, the style of Kaiser Wilhelm II preferred for church building.
92. St. Josef
The Catholic Church of St. Josef is located in Düsseldorf-Oberbilk. It was once the parish church of the largest community in the Archdiocese of Cologne. Today the parish belongs to the pastoral area of Unter- und Oberbilk, Friedrichstadt and Eller-West.
93. St. Suitbertus
The former collegiate church and today's parish church of St. Suitbertus is a flat three -aisled pillar basilica in the Kaiserswerth district of Düsseldorf. The parish of the same name belongs to the Catholic parish community of Angerland/Kaiserswerth.
94. St. Remigius
The Catholic parish church of St. Remigius in Düsseldorf-Wittlaer is a Romanesque basilica from the 12th or 13th century, which emerged from a hall church. The parish of the same name belongs to the Catholic parish community of Angerland/Kaiserswerth.
95. St. Hubertus
The Catholic parish church of St. Hubertus in Itter is a three-nave Romanesque basilica with a bell tower and is one of the four oldest churches in Düsseldorf. The parish of the same name belongs to the Pastoral Orchestra Unit Düsseldorf Rheinbogen.
96. Burg Angermund
The Angermund Castle, also called waitress or old waitress, is a Wasserburg am Angerbach in the Angermund district of Düsseldorf. It is located south of the historic town center and is one of the most important architectural monuments in Düsseldorf.
98. St. Ursula
The Catholic parish church of St. Ursula in Düsseldorf-Grafenberg was originally built by Josef Kleesattel in a neuromanic style. After almost complete destruction, a more modern church building, which cites the old model, was added to the tower.
99. Tonhalle Düsseldorf
100. St. Apollinaris
St. Apollinaris is a five-nave Catholic hall church with an almost square floor plan in the Düsseldorf district of Oberbilk. The parish of the same name belongs to the pastoral care area of Unterbilk, Oberbilk, Friedrichstadt and Eller-West.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.