Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Dresden:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Guided Free Walking Tours
Here you can book free guided walking tours in Dresden:Guided Free Walking Tours on GuruWalk*
Explore interesting sights in Dresden, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 95 sights are available in Dresden, Germany.List of cities in Germany Sightseeing Tours in Dresden
1. KunsthofpassageBook Ticket*
The Kunsthof Dresden is a passage consisting of five individual courtyards in the Äußere Neustadt in Dresden, starting at Görlitzer Straße 25, and extending to Alaunstraße 70. This was designed according to plans by the architects MüllerMüller, Knerer and Lang, Heike Böttcher and Meyer Bassin and completed in 2001. The client is Ginkgo Projektentwicklung GmbH. As artists, Viola Schöpe, Annette Paul, André Tempel, Christoph Roßner, Arendt Zwicker and the stone sculptors Sandner and Matz were jointly responsible for the design of the exterior facades.
2. KreuzkircheBook Ticket*
The Dresden Kreuzkirche is a Lutheran church in Dresden, Germany. It is the main church and seat of the Landesbischof of the Evangelical-Lutheran Church of Saxony, and the largest church building in the Free State of Saxony. It also is home of the Dresdner Kreuzchor boys' choir.
3. Goldener ReiterBook Ticket*
The Golden Rider is an equestrian statue of the Saxon Elector and Polish King August the Strong, which stands on the Neustädter Markt in Dresden between Augustusbrücke and the Hauptstraße. It is considered the most famous monument in Dresden and is one of the most important sculptures of the Dresden Baroque.
4. Church of Our LadyBook Free Tour*
The Dresden Frauenkirche is a Lutheran church in Dresden, the capital of the German state of Saxony. Destroyed during the Allied firebombing of Dresden towards the end of World War II, the church was reconstructed between 1994 and 2005.
5. Landeskommando Sachsen
The Saxony State Command, located at the Stauffenberg Barracks in Albert Stadgraf, Dresden, is responsible for the cooperation between the Bundeswehr and the Saxony State Civil Administration. About 50 active-duty troops and 15 civilian staff are employed at the state headquarters and branches in Marinberg, Leipzig and Frankenberg. The Saxony Regional Command maintains close contact with counties, independent cities and regional bureaus through reservists from its 19 liaison headquarters. In addition to crisis management, one of the tasks is to maintain contact with military crisis intervention forces in neighboring countries. In addition, Landeskommando is responsible for host country support, that is, support for foreign troops stationed on German territory. An important part of the responsibilities of the provincial headquarters is reserve work. The National Command was established in 2007. Initially, it was under the Third Military Command, and from 2013 it was under the Bundeswehr Territorial Mission Command until 2022, it was under the Bundeswehr Territorial Leadership Command in Berlin.
6. Technische Sammlungen Dresden
Dresden Technology Collection is the technology museum and science center of Dresden. In a former camera factory, children, young people and families will find many opportunities to experiment and explore natural phenomena, scientific foundations and the latest technological achievements. Through permanent exhibitions on the history of photography and cinema, computer and other media technologies, as well as special exhibitions on the art of photography and the study of current technologies, the technology collection promotes the study of the foundations of today's technology. It is characterized by combining the history of technology and industry with science and current research. The technology collection is a land of exploration, a public forum for technology research, an information society museum, and a platform for photography and animated films. For example, collaboration with the Technical University of Dresden, the Dresden Concept and other scientific and research partners played an important role.
7. Zionskirche Dresden-Südvorstadt
The Zionskirche is the name given to two Evangelical Lutheran church buildings in the Südvorstadt district of Dresden. The first, the Alte Zionskirche, was built by Schilling & Graebner from 1908 to 1912. This building was hit and badly damaged by fire during the bombing in February 1945. A temporary roof was later added and it is now preserved as a ruin, housing a lapidarium with 3000 sculptures. The parish, meanwhile, was housed in a barracks next to the ruins until the first stone of a new building, the Neue Zionskirche, was laid on Bayreuther Straße on 5 June 1981, as a gift from the Church of Sweden. With its construction overseen by Eberhard Burger, the new building was inaugurated on 31 October 1982.
8. Akademie für berufliche Bildung
The teaching building Blochmannstraße 2 is located in the Pirnaische Vorstadt in Dresden. The building in Blochmannstraße was built in 1911/1912 according to plans by the city planning officer Hans Erlwein as a new educational centre for the extension of the Ehrlichsches Gestift. After its partial destruction in the air raids in the final phase of the Second World War, a reconstruction took place in the years 1950/1951 in the style of socialist classicism of "peculiar, sober beauty", taking into account existing buildings "based on the traditional Dresden construction method". A sandstone rustica and a vertical structuring by pilasters on the upper floors are characteristics of the building.
9. Dresden Hauptbahnhof
Dresden Hauptbahnhof is the largest passenger station in the Saxon capital of Dresden. In 1898, it replaced the Böhmischen Bahnhof of the former Saxon-Bohemian State Railway, and was designed with its formal layout as the central station of the city. The combination of a station building on an island between the tracks and a terminal station on two different levels is unique. The building is notable for its train-sheds, which are roofed with Teflon-coated glass fibre membranes. This translucent roof design, installed during the comprehensive restoration of the station at the beginning of the 21st century, allows more daylight to reach the concourses than was previously possible.
The Trinitatiskirche was a church building dedicated to the Holy Trinity in the Johannstadt district of Dresden. It was built from 1891 to 1893. The bombing raids of February 1945 completely burned down its aisle, badly damaged the main walls and parish hall, slightly damaged the bell tower and completely destroyed the roof and interior. The debris began to be removed in 1945 and the tower provisionally repaired in 1950. The hall was rebuilt in the mid-1950s and plans in the 1960s to pull down the church ruins were stopped by the parish developing a project to build a room for church services and a conference centre, and so the church's ruins still remain.
11. Procession of Princes
The Fürstenzug in Dresden, Germany, is a large mural of a mounted procession of the rulers of Saxony. It was originally painted between 1871 and 1876 to celebrate the 800th anniversary of the Wettin Dynasty, Saxony's ruling family. In order to make the work weatherproof, it was replaced with approximately 23,000 Meissen porcelain tiles between 1904 and 1907. With a length of 102 metres (335 ft), it is known as the largest porcelain artwork in the world. The mural displays the ancestral portraits of the 35 margraves, electors, dukes and kings of the House of Wettin between 1127 and 1904.
12. Bahnhof Dresden-Neustadt
Dresden-Neustadt station is the second largest railway station in the German city of Dresden after Dresden Hauptbahnhof and is also a stop for long-distance traffic. It is the junction for rail traffic on the northern side of the Elbe. It was built in 1901, replacing the Leipziger Bahnhof, which was opened in Leipziger Vorstadt in 1839, and the Schlesischen Bahnhof, which was opened in 1847. The station building in the district of Innere Neustadt was built in the monumental style that was typical of the time, underlining its importance as a stop for long-distance services.
13. Alte Mensa
The Alte Mensa Dresden is a canteen in Dresden, Germany. It is located on the main campus of the Technical University of Dresden in the Dresden district of Räcknitz. The northern main entrance leads to Mommsenstraße and the side entrances in the west to Helmholtzstraße and in the east to Dülferstraße. Opened in 1925, the building is operated by the Studentenwerk Dresden and claims to be the oldest canteen in Germany. Immediately adjacent is the former rectorate building at Mommsenstraße 15 as an example of socialist classicism.
Delphinbrunnen may refer to one of the following four fountains in Dresden:Delphinbrunnen (Dresden-Altstadt), the most important of the dolphin fountains in Dresden, located on the Brühlsche Terrasse, Delphinbrunnen (Wachwitz), a fountain in Dresden-Wachwitz Delphinbrunnen (Blasewitz), a wall fountain from 1904 at the Villa Käthe-Kollwitz-Ufer 88 and Delphinbrunnen (Johannstadt), a fountain created in 1878 by the architect Karl Weißbach, destroyed in 1945 and not rebuilt on the no longer existing Striesener Platz in Johannstadt.
15. Sowjetischer Garnisonfriedhof
The Soviet Garrison Cemetery in Dresden was established in May 1945 as a war cemetery of the Red Army. From 1946 to 1987 it was officially used as a site cemetery for the soldiers and officers of the Soviet Army who died during the occupation, their family members and civilian employees of the military and was expanded three times during this time by the city of Dresden. From 1968, however, occupancy was only sporadic. The Soviet Garrison Cemetery is a listed building, see List of monuments in Dresden #Kirchen and cemeteries.
16. Maria am Wasser
Maria am Wasser is an Evangelical Lutheran church in the Dresden district of Hosterwitz. With its exterior, which is reminiscent of the southern German religious building of the Baroque, it is completely atypical for the Dresden region. With 1,500 square meters, the churchyard is one of the smallest cemeteries in the city. The church Maria am Wasser and the churchyard are listed buildings and were part of the cultural landscape of the Dresden Elbe Valley from 2004 to 2009 as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Neptune Fountain is the most important baroque fountain in Dresden. It is located in the Friedrichstadt district in the former French Garden of the Palais Brühl-Marcolini, today's Friedrichstadt Hospital. The fountain was built between 1741 and 1746 by Lorenzo Mattielli according to plans by Zacharias Longuelune. The reliefs "Romulus and Remus" (Rome) and "Pyramids and Sphinx" (Egypt) on the pedestals of the Neptune Fountain were created or renewed by the Dresden sculptor Franz Schwarz around 1890.
The Georgentor or the Georgenbau is the original city exit from Dresden to the Elbe bridge. It is located in the inner old town on Schloßplatz between the Residenzschloss and the Stallhof. This first Renaissance building in Dresden was initiated by George the Bearded, who had the former city gate converted into the only bridge over the Elbe in Dresden at the time into the Georgentor from 1530 to 1535. Today, the building impresses with its representative façade in monumental neo-Renaissance style.
19. Blaues Haus
Blaues Haus is the name of the skyscraper Gerhart-Hauptmann-Straße 1 in Dresden-Strehlen. It was originally built as an office building for the Institute of Occupational Economics and Health Research, and then used by its successors, the Central Research Institute for Labour (ZFA) and the Central Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (ZIAS). Today it is a residential building. The listed building near Lennéplatz is considered "one of the most innovative buildings in Dresden around 1960".
The cholera fountain is a neo-Gothic fountain. It is located in Dresden on Sophienstraße, between Zwinger and Taschenbergpalais. It was financed by Baron Eugen von Gutschmid, who wanted to express his gratitude for the fact that Dresden had been spared the cholera that threatened the city from the Oder and the Lower Elbe in 1841 and 1842. In addition to Gottfried Semper as architect, Karl-Moritz Seelig took over the design, which was ceremoniously handed over to the city on 15 July 1846.
Güntzwiesen is a green and urban clearing in Dresden. They are home to Dresden Stadium, named after Rudolph Habig, home to Dynamo Dresden. Güntzwiesen was named after Justus Friedrich Güntz, who founded a foundation (Güntzstiftung) in 1856 and later used funds from the foundation to design lawns and so on. Its northern part has been known since 2016 as "Cockerwiese," which was Joe Corker's name after a big concert on June 2. On June 26th, 1988, it already existed in spoken language.
22. Kirche zu Dresden-Loschwitz
The Loschwitz Church is a Baroque church in the Loschwitz district of Dresden, Germany. It was the first church building by the architect of the Dresden Frauenkirche, George Bähr. The churchyard, which was used as a burial ground until 1907, is one of the few new churchyards in Saxony in the 18th century that is still preserved in its original state, and with around 400 square meters the smallest cemetery in the city. The Loschwitz church and the churchyard are listed buildings.
Observatories of the former Manfred von Ardenne Research Institute are two observatories that were assigned to the former Manfred von Ardenne Research Institute. The older of the two is located in the Dresden district Weißer Hirsch (Plattleite 27) and has been open to the public again since 2007. The younger of the two is located near the private home of the von Ardenne family in the district of Oberloschwitz (Zeppelinstraße 7) and is not open to the public.
Moritz Monument is a sandstone monument on the outer wall of Jungfernbastei in Dresden. It is located at the northeast corner of the Dresden fortifications or at the eastern end of Brühlsche Terrasse, at the corner of Terrassenufer/Hasenberg (Augustusallee). The monument is 6 meters high and 3 meters wide. It was founded by Hans Walter in 1555. Moritz Monument is the oldest surviving monument in Dresden and the first to be erected for the Witting people.
25. Palais Brühl-Marcolini
The Palais Brühl-Marcolini is a garden palace built from 1727 in the suburb of Ostra near Dresden, which was built from 1670 in today's Friedrichstadt district. Today, the Dresden-Friedrichstadt Hospital is housed in the palace and in later extensions and new buildings on its property. The Palais Brühl-Marcolini is not to be confused with Marcolini's hunting lodge in the Waldschlösschenviertel and the former Palais Brühl on the Brühlsche Terrasse.
26. Carte Blanche (Travestie)
The Travestie-Revue-Theater Carte Blanche is a travesty theater in the Dresden district of Äußere Neustadt. The renowned ensemble, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2009 as part of the Dresden Film Nights, gained nationwide fame, among other things, through the television program Das Sat.1-Magazin broadcast in the evening program, when reporters accompanied the theater boss Zora Schwarz for a week and looked behind the scenes of the theater.
27. Gedenkstätte Bautzner Straße Dresden
The Bautzner Straße Memorial Dresden is a memorial to the victims of the GDR Ministry for State Security (MfS) in Dresden, Saxony. It is the only original and open to visitors remand prison of the "Stasi" in the Free State. Both the perspective of former political pre-trial detainees and that of former secret service employees are addressed in the exhibition. The memorial is supported by the association »Erkenntnis durch Erinnerung e. V. «.
S ü dpark is a planned park in the Plauen and R ä cknitz districts of Dresden, implemented since 2019. The planned area is approximately 36.5 hectares, bounded by southern buildings along N ö thnitzer Straße, Bergstraße, Kohlenstraße, C ä mmerswalder Straße, Westendring and Plauenschen Ring and Passauer Straße. The area is characterized by a height difference of about 40 metres between Kohlenstraße and N ö thnitzer Straße.
The Beyer Building of the Technical University of Dresden was built from 1910 to 1913 for the Department of Civil Engineering of the TH Dresden by Martin Dülfer. The listed group of buildings still houses the Faculty of Civil Engineering, the Institute of Applied Photophysics of the Department of Physics and the Chair of Astronomy of the Department of Earth Sciences. Striking in the cityscape is the 40-meter-high observatory tower.
30. Hohenplauensches Wasserhaus (Fundamentreste)
The Hochplauensche Wasserhaus was a building in Plauen near Dresden for the collection and purification of water from the mill ditch of the Bienertmühle for transmission by means of wooden pipes (pipes) as so-called tube water to the city of Dresden. In addition to the Hochplauen tube water, there was also the middle and low Plauen tube water, which was taken from the Weißeritzmühlgraben at the former fulling mill and forwarded.
31. Staatliche Schlösser, Burgen und Gärten Sachsen
The State Palaces, Castles and Gardens of Saxony is a state-owned company with its head office in Dresden. It belongs to the Saxon State Ministry of Finance and has the aim of preserving Saxon cultural heritage whilst respecting cultural and conservation needs. The state-owned company manages several palaces, castles and parks in the Saxony. These include the Zwinger in Dresden, the Albrechtsburg in Meissen and Kriebstein Castle.
32. Pillnitzer Kamelie
The Pillnitz Camellia is one of the oldest camellias in Europe. Now at least 245 years old, it has reached a height of about 8.90 meters and a diameter of almost 11 meters. During its flowering period, which lasts from February to April, up to 35,000 flowers appear. These are of crimson color, unfilled and without fragrance. The plant is located in the park of Pillnitz Castle and is protected from frosts by a mobile greenhouse.
33. Gedenktafel Oktober 1989
The refugee trains from Prague were 14 special trains that were used to enable GDR citizens to travel from Prague to West Germany in the course of the wave of refugees in the summer and autumn of 1989. The refugees had previously sought asylum on the grounds of the German Embassy in Prague. The journey of the trains was a highly public symbol of the dissolution of SED rule and the beginning of the 1989 revolution in the GDR.
34. Galerie Neue Meister
The Galerie Neue Meister in Dresden, Germany, displays around 300 paintings from the 19th century until today, including works from Otto Dix, Edgar Degas, Vincent van Gogh and Claude Monet. The gallery also exhibits a number of sculptures from the Dresden Sculpture Collection from the same period. The museum's collection grew out of the Old Masters Gallery, for which contemporary works were increasingly purchased after 1843.
The Erich Kästner Museum is a literary museum in Dresden, Germany. The museum covers the life and writings of German children's author Erich Kästner and is based in the Villa Augustin building which had belonged to Kästner's uncle. The museum is notable for its architecture, which was designed to be semi-mobile and fit within a single room, close to where Kästner had grown up in Dresden's inner new town.
36. Wallburg Schlossberg
The artificial ruin near Pillnitz, also known as the Gothic ruin, is located on a hill above the Friedrichsgrund north of the Dresden district of Pillnitz. It was built in 1785 in neo-Gothic style on the site of an earlier, lost medieval fortification. As a symbol of the transience of all creation, it serves as a deliberate addition to the Baroque Pillnitz Castle, located about 500 meters to the south.
37. Ehrenhain für die Opfer des Faschismus
The Städtische Heidefriedhof in Dresden is a municipal forest cemetery on the northern outskirts of the city with several memorials and groves of honour. Until 2015, the official wreath-laying ceremony for the victims of the bombing raids from 13 to 15 February 1945 took place annually at the Heidefriedhof. It is, after the Soviet Garrison Cemetery, built in 1945, the youngest cemetery in Dresden.
38. Neue Mensa
The Neue Mensa in Dresden's Räcknitz district is a canteen building for the Technical University of Dresden, it is operated by the Studentenwerk Dresden. The building is located at Bergstraße 51. After the renovation of the "Alte Mensa" in 2007, the name Mensa Bergstraße was also used; up to 4,500 portions of food were served daily in five dining rooms. The canteen had a total of 60 employees.
The Leonhardi Museum is located in the former Hentschelmühle in Dresden's Loschwitz district. The museum is named after the founder of the museum, the late romantic landscape painter Eduard Leonhardi (1828–1905). Since 1991, the "Leo" has been a gallery of the state capital Dresden and shows changing exhibitions of contemporary art as well as a small presentation of Leonhardi's paintings.
40. 8. Oktober 1989
The 20-member group is a group of about 20 citizens who arrived on May 8 during the peaceful revolution in GDR. He was appointed by demonstrators in Dresden on 23 October 1989 and instructed the following day to negotiate with local authorities about their political demands. In downtown Dresden, not far from Grand Central Station, an inscription engraved on the floor commemorates the group.
41. Alte Zionskirche
The Zionskirche – also called Zionskirchruine or alte Zionskirche – is a church ruin used by the city of Dresden as a lapidarium in the district of Südvorstadt. In exchange for the church building, which burned down in the Second World War and largely collapsed, the Evangelical-Lutheran Zion Church received another piece of land, on which the new Zion Church was built in 1981/1982.
Trümmerfrau is the German-language name for women who, in the aftermath of World War II, helped clear and reconstruct the bombed cities of Germany and Austria. Hundreds of cities had suffered significant bombing and firestorm damage through aerial attacks and ground war, so with many men dead or prisoners of war, this monumental task fell to a large degree on women.
The Marienbrücke is the name given to two bridges over the Elbe between Wilsdruffer Vorstadt and the Innere Neustadt in Dresden. The 434 m long stone arch bridge at Elbe kilometre 56.5 has existed since 1852 and was the second fixed Elbe crossing in Dresden after the old Augustus Bridge from the 1730s. The Marienbrücke is the oldest Elbe bridge in the city.
Alaunplatz is a square in the Äußere Neustadt district of Dresden, Germany. It lies between Kamenzer Straße and Tannenstraße as well as Bischofsweg. The Alaunplatz is connected to the Albertplatz via the eponymous Alaunstraße and borders the pub district of the Äußere Neustadt in the north. Line 13 of the Dresden tram has a stop "Alaunplatz" there.
The Catholic Herz-Jesu-Kirche in Dresden was designed by the architect August Menken and inaugurated in 1905. The neo-Gothic church is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus as a patronage. It stands on the site of Borsbergstraße 15 in Dresden's Striesen district on the border with Johannstadt and is the second largest church in the Dresden Deanery.
46. Botanischer Garten
The Botanischer Garten der Technischen Universität Dresden, also known as the Botanischer Garten Dresden or Dresden Botanical Garden, is a botanical garden maintained by the Dresden University of Technology. It is located in the north-west section of the Großer Garten at Stübelallee 2, Dresden, Saxony, Germany. It is open daily without charge.
47. Straßenbahnmuseum Dresden e.V.
The Dresden Tram Museum is a collection of museum trams that used to operate in the Dresden metropolitan area. Most of them are former vehicles of the Dresden tram. This transport museum is supported by the association "Straßenbahnmuseum Dresden e. V.", whose members restored and look after the more than 30 cars in the collection.
48. Impfstelle Landeshauptstadt Dresden
The Tudor Villa is a building with the address Bautzner Straße 125 in the Prussian Quarter in Dresden, which received its façade design based on the Tudor Gothic coming via Prussia or Bohemia. The castle-like villa was built in 1856 for the circus director Ernst Renz (1815–1892), architect was Theodor Lehnert (1828–1910).
Belvedere is the name given to four pleasure palaces that stood one after the other on the northeast corner of the Brühlsche Terrasse in Dresden. The fourth and last Belvedere was built in 1842 on the basis of the first Semperoper, in 1945 it fell victim to the war, a reconstruction was offered in 2008 and 2016 by a citizen.
50. Neue Synagoge Dresden
The New Synagogue is a synagogue in the old town of Dresden, Germany. The edifice was completed in 2001 and designed by architects Rena Wandel-Hoefer and Wolfgang Lorch. It was built on the same location as the Semper Synagogue (1839–1840) designed by Gottfried Semper, which was destroyed in 1938, during the Kristallnacht.
51. Museum für Völkerkunde Dresden
The Dresden Museum of Ethnology contains an ethnographic collection with more than 90,000 artefacts from all parts of the earth. It is part of the Dresden State Art Collections. Founded in 1875, the museum presents continually changing exhibitions in the Japanisches Palais, a Baroque building complex in Dresden, Germany.
52. Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister
The Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister in Dresden, Germany, displays around 750 paintings from the 15th to the 18th centuries. It includes major Italian Renaissance works as well as Dutch and Flemish paintings. Outstanding works by German, French, and Spanish painters of the period are also among the gallery's attractions.
53. Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzten Tage
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints community center in Dresden is located at Tiergartenstraße 42. The building was built in 1988 as the second community center of this religious community in the GDR and is one of the few examples of historicizing postmodernism in GDR architecture of the 1980s.
54. Alter Jüdischer Friedhof
The Old Jewish Cemetery in Dresden is the oldest surviving Jewish cemetery in Saxony. It is located north of Bautzner Straße on Pulsnitzer Straße in Neustadt, near the Martin Luther Church and, with 3500 square meters, is one of the smallest cemeteries in Dresden. It is protected as a cultural monument.
The Matthäuskirche is an Evangelical Lutheran parish church in the Dresden district of Friedrichstadt. The Baroque church, built in the 18th century, was severely damaged in 1945 and rebuilt in the post-war period. It is registered as an architectural monument in the monument list of the city of Dresden.
56. Herbert Wehner Denkmal
Herbert Richard Wehner was a German politician. A former member of the Communist Party, he joined the Social Democrats (SPD) after World War II. He served as Federal Minister of Intra-German Relations from 1966 to 1969 and thereafter as chairman of the SPD parliamentary group in the Bundestag until 1983.
57. Frédéric Chopin
Frédéric François Chopin was a Polish composer and virtuoso pianist of the Romantic period, who wrote primarily for solo piano. He has maintained worldwide renown as a leading musician of his era, one whose "poetic genius was based on a professional technique that was without equal in his generation".
58. Freilichtbühne Junge Garde
The Freilichtbühne Großer Garten is an event venue in the southeast of the park Großer Garten in Dresden. It was created in the years 1953 to 1955 as the open-air theatre "Young Guard" on the site of a former gravel pit and opened on 12 August 1955. It offers space for 4,900 spectators.
The Dinglingerbrunnen is a listed Baroque fountain in Dresden, Germany. It is considered to be the oldest preserved court fountain in the Saxon state capital. It is named after the court jeweller and goldsmith of August the Strong, Johann Melchior Dinglinger, who had it made for himself.
60. Benvenuto Cellini
Benvenuto Cellini was an Italian goldsmith, sculptor, and author. His best-known extant works include the Cellini Salt Cellar, the sculpture of Perseus with the Head of Medusa, and his autobiography, which has been described as "one of the most important documents of the 16th century."
61. Garnisonkirche St. Martin
The Garrison Church of St. Martin in Dresden was the garrison church of Albertstadt, which was built as a military town for large parts of the Saxon army. The double church was built in the second construction phase between 1893 and 1900 in a central location of the barracks complex.
The Schillerhäuschen is a literary museum in Dresden, Germany, dedicated to the important German poet and playwright Friedrich Schiller. It was set up in a small building in which Schiller is said to have stayed, and belongs to the Association of Museums of the City of Dresden.
The Fichteturm is an observation tower in Dresden-Plauen, Germany. The 30-meter-high, crenellated round tower on a cubic base was originally built in 1896 as a Bismarck Tower. It is the oldest Bismarck Tower in Saxony and is located in the Fichtepark near the tram stop Kotteweg.
64. Weinbergkirche „Zum Heiligen Geist“
The Evangelical Weinbergkirche "Zum Heiligen Geist" is a Baroque village church in the Dresden district of Pillnitz, named after its location in the Royal Vineyard. It is not to be confused with the vineyard church built in the 20th century in Dresden's Trachenberge district.
65. Martin Andersen Nexø
Martin Andersen Nexø was a Danish writer. He was one of the authors in the Modern Breakthrough movement in Danish art and literature. He was a socialist throughout his life and during the second world war moved to the Soviet Union, and afterwards to Dresden in East Germany.
The Blockhaus is the name given to the Neustädter Wache on the west side of the Neustadt bridgehead of the Augustus Bridge in Dresden. The detached building is located on the Neustädter Markt, a few meters from the Golden Rider. The architect was Zacharias Longuelune.
Rainer Fetscher was a German physician, hereditary researcher and eugenicist. He is the father of political scientist Iring Fetscher. In Dresden, Fetscher had and still has the reputation of a humanist and anti-fascist, which was reflected in numerous posthumous honors.
The Kraszewski Museum is a literary museum in Dresden, Germany, dedicated to the Polish writer, painter, historian and composer Józef Ignacy Kraszewski (1812–1887). It was set up in 1960 in the building he lived in for part of his more than 20-year exile in Dresden.
69. Leipziger Bahnhof
Leipziger Bahnhof was the first station in Dresden, the capital of Saxony. It was located not far from today's Dresden-Neustadt station in the Leipzig suburb and was the terminus of the first German long-distance railway from Leipzig to Dresden, inaugurated in 1839.
70. DenkRaum Sophienkirche
The Busmannkapelle Memorial is a building on Sophie Street in Dresden. It is a reconstruction of the Busmannkapelle and has been under construction since 2009, though planning began in 1995. It is a memorial to the Sophienkirche, lost in the bombing in 1945.
71. Ökumenisches Seelsorgezentrum - Haus 50
The Anstaltskirche Krankenhaus Johannstadt, also known as Krankenhauskapelle Johannstadt, was the church of the Stadtkrankenhaus Johannstadt in Dresden, Saxony. The church was severely damaged during the air raids on Dresden in 1945 and demolished in 1950.
72. Brühlscher Garten
Today, Brühlsche Garten is known only as the eastern part of Dresden Brühlsche Terrasse, located in Jungfernbastei, the site of the former Belvederes (I-IV), but originally the entire garden of Brühlsche Terrasse. He was one of Brul's great men.
73. Russian Orthodox Church
The St. Simeon of the Wonderful Mountain Church is a Russian Orthodox church in the German city of Dresden. It was designed by Harald Julius von Bosse and Karl Weißbach and built from 1872 to 1874. It is dedicated to Simeon Stylites the Younger.
The approximately ten-hectare Bürgerwiese is a landscape garden in Dresden. The dimensions of the Bürgerwiese, located southeast of the old town centre, are 850 metres long and 80 to 100 metres wide. It is the oldest green space in Dresden.
St Peter's Church is a neo-Gothic church in the Leipzig suburb of Dresden. It is located in Groenhainer Square in Groenhainer Straße and is used by the Evangelical Lutheran Trinity congregation of the independent Evangelical Lutheran Church.
76. Fernmeldemuseum Dresden
The Fernmeldemuseum Dresden is a technology museum operated by the Interessengemeinschaft Historische Fernmeldetechnik e. V. in Dresden with a focus on telephony and telegraphy. It is located in the Telekom building on Dresden's Postplatz.
77. Goldener Rathausmann
The Golden Town Hall Man is a sculpture on the tower of the New Town Hall in Dresden, Germany. It symbolizes Hercules, who pours out his cornucopia with one hand and points with his raised hand to the beauties of the city at his feet.
78. Gedenktafel zum XI. Parteitag der SED
According to its statute, the SED Party Congress was the highest party organ of the Socialist Unity Party of Germany. At the party congress, the Central Committee of the SED was chosen. The party congresses took place in East Berlin.
Georg Friedrich Alfred Graf von Fabrice was a Saxon cavalry general and politician. From 1866 to 1891 he was Saxon Minister of War and from 1876 until his death chairman of the Ministry (head of government) of the Kingdom of Saxony.
80. Kleines Haus
The Staatsschauspiel Dresden is a theatre in Dresden, Germany. It runs the Schauspielhaus and the Kleine Haus. The Staatsschauspiel emerged in 1983 from the Staatstheater Dresden, which had its origins in the Royal Court Theater.
81. Neustädter Markthalle
The Neustädter Markthalle in Dresden is a market hall first opened on 7 October 1899 on Metzer Straße, corner Hauptstraße in the Neustadt. After a major renovation, the listed hall was reopened as a shopping centre in 2000.
The Dreikönigskirche is a Lutheran church located in the Innere Neustadt of Dresden, Germany. It is the centre of a parish, and a community venue called Haus der Kirche. The church is a listed cultural monument of Dresden.
The Carl Maria von Weber Museum is a cultural site in Dresden, in Saxony, Germany. The composer Carl Maria von Weber (1786–1826) lived here during part of his career; the house is now a museum about his life and work.
The Dresden Schiller Monument stands southwest of Albertplatz, between the beginning of Hauptstraße and Königstraße in the Innere Neustadt district. It is a work by Selmar Werner, the architecture is by Oswin Hempel.
The Heimkehrerstein is a memorial stone in Radebeul by three veterans of the German-French War of 1870/71. It is located in the Seewiesen at the entrance to Alt-Radebeul, coming from Dresden-Kaditz, on Kaditzer Straße.
86. Neuer Jüdischer Friedhof
The New Jewish Cemetery is the second Jewish cemetery in Dresden and is located next to the Trinitatis Cemetery on Fiedlerstraße, corner Fetscherstraße. On an area of 13900 square meters there are about 2600 graves.
The Andreas-Schubert-Bau (ASB) of the Technical University of Dresden at Zellescher Weg 19 is a listed building for education, which was built from 1956 to 1960 according to designs by Helmut Fischer and Heinz Stoll.
88. Festtagstür der Jakobikirche
The Jakobikirche was a High Rhenish Neo-Romanesque church built in Dresden between 1898 and 1901 to plans by Jürgen Kröger. It was destroyed by bombing in the Second World War and its ruins were demolished in 1953.
89. Hoher Stein
The Hoher Stein is a rock with an observation tower above the Plauenschen Grund in the Dresden district of Plauen. Because of its geological features, the Hohe Stein is under state protection as a natural monument.
90. Bismarcksäule (Dresden-Räcknitz)
The Bismarck Column in Dresden-Räcknitz is a 23-metre-high Bismarck monument that is now used as an observation tower. It is part of the Bismarck myth around 1900 and the associated monument boom of that time.
St. Mark's Church is a Protestant church in the Dresden district of Pieschen. It stands on St. Mark's Square between Bürgerstraße, Torgauer and Osterbergstraße. The church is named after the evangelist Mark.
92. Palais im Großen Garten
Grosengarten Palace, also known as Summer Palace or Garden Palace, is a Baroque amusement palace in Dresden, built in 1679. It is located in the big garden, a vast green space on the edge of the city center.
93. Anton dem Guitigen
The King Anton Monument is a monument to King Anton (1755–1836) of Saxony in the form of a larger-than-life portrait bust on a granite pedestal that stands on Hohenthalplatz in Dresden's Friedrichstadt.
Anne's Church is named in honour of Anne of Denmark, Electress of Saxony. The original 1578 church was destroyed by Prussian troops in 1760 during the Seven Years' War. The new church was opened in 1769.
The Martin Luther Church in Dresden's Neustadt district is a church built in the late 19th century. It stands on Martin-Luther-Platz, built in 1879, in the midst of numerous Wilhelminian style houses.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.