Explore interesting sights in Coburg, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 21 sights are available in Coburg, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Coburg
1. St. Moriz
Morizkirche is a Protestant church dedicated to Saint Maurice in Coburg, Bavaria, Germany, and is the town's oldest church. Its earliest remaining structures date back to the 14th century, which superseded a church from the 12th century. Martin Luther is known to have given several sermons there in 1530 A.D. This church currently houses the family tomb of the Dukes of Coburg. In modern times, Morizkirche serves as the main church for the congregation of St. Moriz. Due to the height of its towers, the church is one of the landmarks of Coburg. It is also one of the most important Luther memorial sites in southern Germany.
The Coburg Riding Hall is a single-storey neo-Gothic sandstone ashlar building with a gable roof on Coburg's Schlossplatz. The riding hall was built in 1852 by order of Duke Ernst II according to plans by the painter and master builder Georg Konrad Rothbart. The building replaced the riding arena at the southern end of the stables building, which had been demolished in 1835. The west façade facing Coburg's Schlossplatz is characterized by a wide pointed arch portal, above which is a tondo with a sculptural horse's head by Theodor Behrens, framed on the sides by two crenellated towers.
3. Palais Edinburgh
The Edinburgh-Palais, designed in the style of the neo-Renaissance, ideally closes the ensemble of historical buildings between the State Theater and the arcades of the court garden with its memorial. Located opposite the Ehrenburg Castle, the Edinburgh-Palais, formerly called "Wangenheimsches Palais", represents a masterpiece by the master builder Georg Konrad Rothbart. In 1865 Alfred, the son of Queen Victoria of Great Britain, and used it as a residence. Today the palace of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry belongs to Coburg.
4. St. Augustin
St. Augustine's Church is a parish church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Bamberg located in the Bavarian town of Coburg, Germany. It was built between 1856 and 1860. Originally designed in the Gothic Revival style, the church was remodelled in 1960 due to a liturgical reform. There is a crypt under the church that contains the remains of fifteen members of the Koháry branch of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, a Roman Catholic branch of the originally Protestant ducal house.
5. Schloss Callenberg
Callenberg Castle is a castle on a wooded hill in Beiersdorf, an Ortsteil of Coburg, 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) from the town centre. It was a hunting lodge and summer residence and has long been the principal residence of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. It is currently owned by Andreas, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, who created the Ducal Saxe-Coburg and Gotha House Order. A large and architecturally important family chapel is contained within.
6. Rosenauer Burg
The Rosenauer Burg, located in Coburg between Rosenauer Strasse and Hahnweg on the Rittersteich, was first mentioned in 1397 as the castle, in 1426 as the house of the mint master. In 1434, the Lords of Rosenau probably caused the new water lock to be built. After thorough abrasion, use as a fish, wash and warehouse and gradual decay until the 20th century, it is now exemplary restored to the jewelry of historical architecture in Coburg.
The Sonnenhaus or the Sonnenburg is an Art Nouveau building located in the Upper Franconian city of Coburg at Alexandrinenstraße 4. The Sonnenhaus was built in 1902/03 and is the only building in Coburg to have been designed in the floral or vegetal Art Nouveau style. Due to the sun emblem on the façade, the stately town house is popularly known as the Sun House or, in connection with the crenellated tower, also as the Sun Castle.
8. Schloss Falkenegg
Falkenegg Castle is a castle with a park in the Neuses district of Coburg. It is one of the romantic buildings of historicism of the beginning of the 19th century and presents itself in a fundamentally neulic design. Falkenegg Castle is located on the southwestern edge of Neuses in Berglage. The small mountain park of the castle stretches with some remarkable monuments between Rodacher Straße and Kantstraße.
On the Road Oberer Bürglass, opposite the back of the Landestheater in Coburg, the classicist construction of the Bürglass-Schlösschen from the 18th century, which was called Bulgaren-Schlösschen or Augusten-Palais until the 1950s. It served Zar Ferdinand of Bulgaria as a place of residence until 1948 after his abdication. Today the castle is used as a registry office.
10. Schloss Neuhof
The origins of Neuhof Castle in Neu- and Nershof, a district of Coburg in the Bavarian district of Upper Franconia, were in the 14th century. Generalfeldmarschall Count Albrecht von Roon was a prominent owner of the castle in Neuhof from 1873 to 1879, in an English landscape park, in which there is a therapeutic facility for addicts.
The Coburg Town Hall, formerly a chancellery building, is located in the centre of Coburg on the northern side of the market square. The Renaissance building, built between 1597 and 1601, has three storeys with two corner bays and a gable roof with three dwarf houses.
The arcades are a terrace building on the Schlossplatz in the Upper Franconian city of Coburg. They complete the castle center on the eastern side and form the transition to the courtyard garden. The arcades are entered as a monument in the Bavarian list of monuments.
13. Esco Park
The Escora building is a neoclassical building at Rosenauer Strasse 27 in Coburg. The oldest part of the building was built in 1914 and was the headquarters of the former Escora bodice factory. The building is managed as a monument in the Bavarian list of monuments.
14. Landestheater Coburg
15. Bismarckturm Coburg
17. Schnürs Pavillon
18. Hotel Victoria
19. Gebäude D2 (Hofbrauhaus)
The Hofbrauhaus Coburg was a brewery in Coburg since 1858, which was closed in 1982. After a major fire in 1999, the listed renovated main building is used by the Coburg University of Applied Sciences, among others.
The Holy Cross Church is an Evangelical Lutheran parish church in Coburg, Germany. From 1870 to 1918, the hall church was the garrison church of the Thuringian Regiment No. 95, whose barracks were located nearby.
The former Cyrill Palace, also called Villa Edinburgh, is located in the Upper Franconian town of Coburg on the Street Oberer Bürglasß 2. It bears the name of his last owner, the Russian Grand Duke Cyrill.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.