Book tickets, guided tours and activities in Berlin.
Guided Free Walking Tours
Book free guided walking tours in Berlin.
Explore interesting sights in Berlin, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 100 sights are available in Berlin, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Berlin
1. OberbaumbrückeBook Free Tour*
The Oberbaum Bridge is a double-deck bridge crossing Berlin, Germany's River Spree, considered one of the city's landmarks. It links Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg, former boroughs that were divided by the Berlin Wall, and has become an important symbol of Berlin's unity.
2. Palace of Tears
The Tränenpalast is a former border crossing point between East and West Berlin, at Berlin Friedrichstraße station, which was in operation between 1962 and 1989. It is now a museum with exhibitions about Berlin during the Cold War period and about the process of German reunification. It was the border crossing for travellers on the S-bahn, U-bahn and trains going between East and West Germany. It was used only for westbound border crossings. It had separate checkpoints for West Berliners, West Germans, foreigners, diplomats, transit travellers and East Germans.
3. Brandenburg Gate
The Brandenburg Gate is an 18th-century neoclassical monument in Berlin, built on the orders of Prussian king Frederick William II after restoring the Orangist power by suppressing the Dutch popular unrest. One of the best-known landmarks of Germany, it was built on the site of a former city gate that marked the start of the road from Berlin to the town of Brandenburg an der Havel, which used to be the capital of the Margraviate of Brandenburg.
4. Museum Island
The Museum Island is a museum complex on the northern part of the Spree Island in the historic heart of Berlin, Germany. It is one of the capital's most visited sights and one of the most important museum sites in Europe. Built from 1830 to 1930, by order of the Prussian Kings, according to plans by five architects, Museum Island was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999 because of its testimony to the architectural and cultural development of museums in the 19th and 20th centuries. It consists of the Altes Museum, the Neues Museum, the Alte Nationalgalerie, the Bode-Museum and the Pergamonmuseum. As Museum Island includes all of Spree Island north of the Unter den Linden, the historic Berlin Cathedral is also located there, next to the Lustgarten. To the south, the reconstructed Berlin Palace houses the Humboldt Forum museum and opened in 2020. Also adjacent, across the west branch of the Spree is the German Historical Museum. Since German reunification, the Museum Island has been rebuilt and extended according to a master plan. In 2019, a new visitor center and art gallery, the James Simon Gallery, was opened within the Museum Island heritage site.
5. Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
The Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, also known as the Holocaust Memorial, is a memorial in Berlin to the Jewish victims of the Holocaust, designed by architect Peter Eisenman and Buro Happold. It consists of a 19,000-square-metre (200,000 sq ft) site covered with 2,711 concrete slabs or "stelae", arranged in a grid pattern on a sloping field. The original plan was to place nearly 4,000 slabs, but after the recalculation, the number of slabs that could legally fit into the designated areas was 2,711. The stelae are 2.38 m long, 0.95 m wide and vary in height from 0.2 to 4.7 metres. They are organized in rows, 54 of them going north–south, and 87 heading east–west at right angles but set slightly askew. An attached underground "Place of Information" holds the names of approximately 3 million Jewish Holocaust victims, obtained from the Israeli museum Yad Vashem.
The Kreuzberg is a hill in the Kreuzberg locality of Berlin, Germany, in former West Berlin. It rises about 66 m (217 ft) above the sea level. It was named by King Frederick William III of Prussia after the Iron Cross which crowns the top of the Prussian National Monument for the Liberation Wars, designed by Karl Friedrich Schinkel, on its inauguration on 30 March 1821. On 27 September 1921 the borough assembly of the VIth borough of Berlin decided to name the borough after the hill. The borough was subsequently downgraded to a locality in 2001.
7. Hackesche Höfe
The Hackesche Höfe is a notable courtyard complex situated adjacent to the Hackescher Markt in the centre of Berlin. The complex consists of eight interconnected courtyards, accessed through a main arched entrance at number 40 Rosenthaler Straße.
8. Landschaftspark Herzberge
The entire former area around the Evangelical Hospital Queen Elisabeth Herzberge (Keh) has been known as a Herzberge landscape park since 2010. It is located in the Berlin district of Lichtenberg. By 2007, the area consisted of a mixture of fallow, economic, living and green areas without having a common development with a variety of problems. The agricultural exchange Germany Ost e. From 2004, V., together with the Lichtenberg district office, initiated a number of funded projects for careful, natural development of the area for a model project of urban agriculture in Berlin. In different stages, the different areas were brought together over the years and converted into agricultural areas, networked biotopes, path systems and recreation areas. The main construction work was essentially complete in 2013. Agricultural use by the extensive grazing of the areas with rough -wool Pomeranian landscapes goes hand in hand with the preservation and development of a species -rich and valuable landscape protection area in the district. The designation of the Herzberge landscape park as a landscape protection area was requested from the Senate of Berlin. This application was met in spring 2019.
9. House of the Cultures of the World
The Haus der Kulturen der Welt (HKW), in English House of World Cultures, in Berlin is Germany's national center for the presentation and discussion of international contemporary arts, with a special focus on non-European cultures and societies. It presents art exhibitions, theater and dance performances, concerts, author readings, films and academic conferences on Visual Art and culture. It is one of the institutions which, due to their national and international standing and the quality of their work, receive funding from the federal government as so-called "lighthouses of culture", from the Federal Minister of State for Culture and the Media as well as from the Federal Foreign Office. As a venue and collaboration partner, HKW has hosted festivals such as the transmediale, curatorial platforms, biennials such as the Berlin Documentary Forum, and mentorship programs such as Forecast. Since 2013, its interdisciplinary elaboration on the Anthropocene discourse has included conferences, exhibitions, and other artistic formats performed together with philosophers, scientists, and arstists, such as Bruno Latour and Hans Joachim Schellnhuber.
10. German Spy Museum
The Berlin Spy Museum is a private museum in Berlin which was created by former journalist Franz-Michael Günther. The museum opened to the public on the 19th of September 2015. Günther's aspirations were to create a museum devoted to the history of spies and espionage in the former spy capital of Germany. The museum is located in the central area of Potsdamer Platz, formerly known as the "death strip", as it lies on the perimeters of the wall which once divided East and West Berlin. The museum acts as an educational institution, with its permanent exhibitions bridging together centuries of espionage stories and tactics, immersing visitors in a multi-media experience. The museum particularly focuses on the World Wars and the Cold War through a range of a 1000 different exhibits and artefacts. Since its opening in 2015, 1,000,000 people have visited the museum and recently in 2020 it was nominated for the European Museum of the Year Award. The Berlin Spy Museum is partnered with the International Spy Museum in Washington, D.C., and many of the artefacts and installations within the museum have captured media attention around the world.
11. Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein was a German-born theoretical physicist who is widely held to be one of the greatest and most influential scientists of all time. Best known for developing the theory of relativity, Einstein also made important contributions to quantum mechanics, and was thus a central figure in the revolutionary reshaping of the scientific understanding of nature that modern physics accomplished in the first decades of the twentieth century. His mass–energy equivalence formula E = mc2, which arises from relativity theory, has been called "the world's most famous equation". He received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his services to theoretical physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect", a pivotal step in the development of quantum theory. His work is also known for its influence on the philosophy of science. In a 1999 poll of 130 leading physicists worldwide by the British journal Physics World, Einstein was ranked the greatest physicist of all time. His intellectual achievements and originality have made the word Einstein broadly synonymous with genius.
12. Shakespeare Company Berlin
The Shakespeare Company Berlin (SCB) offers its audience Volkstheater in its original meaning and only stages players from William Shakespeare. The basis is specially made translations of his comedies, tragedies and history. The productions of the Company are based on the performance practice, as they were currently cared for in Shakespeares in the Elisabethan Theater of the late 16th and early 17th centuries and therefore probably also on the Shakespeartbühne in the Globe Theater: a game on a simple stage without an elaborate background The actor's text and the art of representation and thus stimulates the audience to complement the temporal and local localizations of the stage events in his imagination ("word scenery"). In addition, there are music, special costumes and proximity to the audience up to communication with the spectators as further style principles of the Shakespeare Volkstheater. The ensemble appears in Berlin and at guest performances in German-speaking countries, repeating the Shakespeare Festival Neuss.
The Heinrich Heine monument in Berlin is a bronze figure by the poet Heinrich Heine (1797–1856), which the sculptor Waldemar Grzimek created. One special feature is that exactly the same monument can be seen as a result of cultural -political clashes at two different locations in the cityscape, only a few kilometers apart. Data 1954 Height: 2.1 m material Plastic: bronze, cast Sockel: limestone, hewn and smoothed Inscriptions Plate, left side Waldemar Grzimek / Monument Heinrich Heine / / The in 1955 for the chestnut groves / plastic displaced the client, she was set up / 1958 in the Volkspark am Weinberg. / There she still delights people. / Thanks to the curve donated by Peter Dussmann / now also at the originally planned location. / December 13, 2002 on the base relief, front We do not take an idea, but take the / idea and tire us and whip us into the arena that / we are fighting for you as forced. / Heinrich Heine / born 13.12.1797 in Düsseldorf / died 17. 2.1856 in Paris
14. Quatsch Comedy Club
The Quatsch Comedy Club is a comedy show that takes place in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, and Stuttgart. The heart is the live show with four stand-up comedians and a moderator each. The event takes place weekly in a new line -up. There are also other formats such as the newcomers show Quatsch Comedy -Hot Shot, the Quatsch Comedy Late Night Show and Quatsch Comedy Club - The English Night. As a television program, the nonsense comedy Club on Sky is broadcast on Sky Germany and has been on Sky Comedy since April 2021. On December 22nd and 29th, the two special anniversary specials "Legends of Quatsch" and "Bye Thomas" found their charisma for the 30th anniversary of the Quatsch Comedy Club. Both specials were also moderated by Thomas Hermanns, who celebrated his last appearance as a moderator with special guests such as Olaf Schubert, Michael Mittermeier, Ole Lehmann, Atze Schröder and many others. The television programs were moderated by Thomas Hermanns, the founder and director.
15. German Museum of Technology
The German Technology Museum was opened in 1983 under the name Museum of Transport and Technology, which it wore until 1996. The museum sees itself as a succession institution of various technical museums that existed in Berlin until the Second World War, such as the Transport and Baumuseum and is located in the Kreuzberg district of the Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg district. The DTM has 26,500 m² of exhibition space on the site of the former railway depot and freight station of the Anhalter Bahnhof. The museum was visited in 2019 by 635,382 people. The thematic focus is on the three major transport areas, but the museum would like to represent all areas of technology as possible and therefore also has exhibitions. B. for printing, news, production and film technology. The museum sees itself as a cultural -historical technology museum that represents technical developments in its interactions on social, economic and political history.
16. Rathaus Pankow
Pankow Town Hall is the administrative building of the former municipality of Pankow and the Berlin district of Pankow (1920–1990), now the administrative building of the district administration and the seat of the district mayor of Pankow District. The original building was built in 1901–1903 by Wilhelm Johow in a mix of different styles, such as neo-gotics, neo-barock and art nouveau elements, typical of the beginning of the 20th century. Its exterior was striking by using red clinkers for the veneering of the brick building. On the corner of Neue Schönholzer Straße, it was awarded an extension building in 1927–1929 according to plans by Alexander Poeschke and Rudolf Klante. This was especially adapted to the construction at the height of the floor. The town hall is located on Breiten Straße 24a–26, near the S-Bahn station Wollankstraße. The entire complex has been protected by monument since the 1970s.
17. Zentrum Moderner Orient (ZMO)
Leibniz-Zentrum Moderner Orient (ZMO) is a German research institute located in Berlin, Germany. The researchers focus on a comparative and interdisciplinary study of the Middle East, Africa, Eurasia, South and Southeast Asia. Central to its current research topics is the study of predominantly Muslim societies and their relations with non-Muslim neighbours. ZMO was founded in 1996 as an independent centre for the humanities, cultural and social sciences and is situated in the “Mittelhof”, which was designed by Hermann Muthesius, in Berlin-Nikolassee. Under the directorate of de:Ulrike Freitag, the centre is part of the association “Geisteswissenschaftliche Zentren Berlin e.V.”. The research programme has been funded by the Berlin Senate, the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) and the German Ministry for Education and Research. Since January 1, 2017 ZMO is part of the Leibniz Association.
18. Nicaraguanisches Dorf – Monimbó 1978
The painting Nicaraguan Village – Monimbó 1978 is a depiction completed in 1985 on the gable façade of a residential building in Berlin's Lichtenberg district. The mural depicting scenes from everyday life in a small village in Nicaragua was commissioned by the East Berlin magistrate to the Nicaraguan artist Manuel García Moia. Among other things, the GDR government supported the liberation struggle of the Nicaraguan people against the Somoza regime. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, the building was privatized, and the gable image was recreated as a replica on the renovated wall surface. However, due to poor materials and poor workmanship, large parts fell off from 2011 onwards and finally the painted insulation layer had to be knocked off again for safety reasons. A citizens' initiative successfully sought a second renewal, which was completed in autumn 2019.
Unité d'Habitation of Berlin is a 1958 apartment building located in Berlin-Westend, Germany, designed by Le Corbusier following his concept of Unité d'Habitation. Le Corbusier's Unité d'Habitation concept was materialised in four other buildings in France with a similar design. The building is constructed in béton brut and is part of the initial architecture style we know today as brutalism. The structure was built with on site prefab cast concrete panels and poured ceiling slabs. The Modulor system is the base measure of the Unité and Corbusier used not more than 15 Modulor measures to construct the entire structure form. Ultimately the work has been eliminated from Le Corbusier's oeuvre, which he confirmed himself until his death in 1965 and which has also been confirmed posthumous in 1967 in his last authorized publication of his work.
The Schillerpark settlement is a housing estate in the English district of the Berlin district of Wedding. It was built in the 1920s according to plans by the architect Bruno Taut and is considered the first major city project outside the private entrepreneur area in Berlin of the Weimar Republic. It was also one of the early cooperative settlements of the Berlin Savings and Building Association, which had built the settlement since 1924. In the trade union and cooperative composite model, the HEAG took over the construction support, the construction work of the Bauhütte Berlin. The settlement aimed at an aesthetic, construction and content -related redesign of the housing construction. Since July 7, 2008, the Schillerpark settlement, together with five other settlements of the Berlin Modernity, has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
21. Zum Guten Hirten
The Evangelical Church to the good shepherd in the Berlin district of Friedenau was built as a nave church with narrow, gang -like side aisles and slim, 70 -meter -high tower in the neo -Gothic style according to a design by Karl Doflein. The masonry building blinded with dark red bricks was built in the city-wide-exposed location on Friedrich-Wilhelm-Platz. On the birthday of Empress Auguste Viktoria, the foundation stone was laid in her presence, and she was also present at the inauguration. During the Second World War, the church suffered damage to Allied air strikes, including on the windows, the roof was largely destroyed, and weather damage was then destroyed. After the war, the interior was simply restored, but in later renovations the original approached again. The church is under monument protection.
22. Old St. Matthew's Churchyard
Alter St.-Matthäus-Kirchhof is a cemetery in Schöneberg, Berlin, Germany. It was established in 1856 by the Protestant parish of St. Matthew. It is known for its interment of the Brothers Grimm, Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, folklore tellers of "Cinderella" ("Aschenputtel"), "The Frog Prince", "Hansel and Gretel", "Rapunzel", "Rumpelstiltskin" ("Rumpelstilzchen"), and "Snow White" ("Schneewittchen"); Rudolf Virchow, variously known as "father of modern pathology", "father of modern medicine" or "father of social medicine"; Talat Pasha, and Claus von Stauffenberg, a German Army officer who almost assassinated Adolf Hitler. As for Stauffenberg, his corpse was exhumed by the SS on 22 July 1944, the day after his burial, and cremated to remove any traces of him. His tombstone, however, remains intact.
23. Kath. St. Agnes-Gemeindezentrum
The St.Agnes Church is a former Catholic church building in Kreuzberg in Berlin, which-as a typical example of architectural brutalism-was created according to plans by Werner Düttmann and was completed in 1967. No Catholic services have been held here since 2004, but the building was initially rented to the Evangelical Free Church in the Geographical Center in Berlin. At the end of 2011, the St.Agnes real estate and administrative company bought the building ensemble and then leased it to the Berlin gallery owner Johann König. By May 2015, the building was rebuilt according to plans by the Berlin architects Brandlhuber + Emde, Burlon and Riegler Riewe Architects. The former church now serves as a gallery building, while the old community center has been used by other tenants since 2013.
Built between 1905 and 1906 according to plans by Georg Dinklage and Ernst Paulus, the Protestant Church of the Holy Spirit on the acute-angled corner plot at Perleberger Straße 36/Birkenstraße 60/61 forms the urban centre of the Stephankiez in Berlin's Moabit district. The church was consecrated on 19 December 1906 in the presence of Empress Auguste Victoria. During the Second World War, the Church of the Holy Spirit suffered only very minor damage. Only the stained glass windows had to be replaced. The church in historicizing Gothic style, reminiscent of Brandenburg traditions, is a listed building. The Evangelical parish of Heilige-Geist belongs to the church district of Berlin Stadtmitte (KKBS) of the Evangelical Church Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Upper Lusatia (EKBO).
25. Sankt Marien
St. Mary's Church of the Evangelical Lutheran St. Mary's Parish in the Independent Evangelical Lutheran Church is located at Riemeisterstraße 10–12 in the Berlin district of Zehlendorf in the district of Steglitz-Zehlendorf. The church building, designed according to plans by the architect Hans Schmidt from Hamburg-Harburg, was completed by the architectural firm Kraul and Jäckel from Hamburg. The architects Manfred F. Manleitner and Erwin Srp, both from Berlin, were commissioned with the local construction management. The church building was consecrated on 18 February 1973 by the later Bishop Gerhard Rost with the assistance of church councillor Matthias Schulz and the then parish priest Jobst Schöne. The parish belongs to the church district of Berlin-Brandenburg.
Kollwitzplatz is a city square in the Berlin district of Prenzlauer Berg, district of Pankow. The square forms the center of the so-called "Kollwitzkiez". It was named, on 7 October 1947, after the German graphic artist and sculptor Käthe Kollwitz, who spent a large part of her life here in the house at Weissenburger Straße No. 25. Until then, it was called Wörther Platz; a name that was given to it when the area was planned for construction in 1875. Indirectly, this name is also a reminder of her husband Karl Kollwitz, who worked here as a physician until 1940 and thus shaped the area around the square independently of his wife. The triangular complex is bordered by Kollwitzstraße, Knaackstraße and Wörther Straße. In total, the square is about 6000 m2 in size.
The Martin Luther Church in today's Berlin district of Neukölln was built in the neo-Gothic style by Fritz Gottlob. The foundation stone was laid on July 2, 1908. The consecration of the church on 15 November 1909 was attended by Prince August Wilhelm as a representative of the imperial family. During the Second World War, the church was destroyed; the reconstruction began in 1952 under the architect W. Rossa. The turret hood has been shortened. In 1953, the topping-out ceremony for the nave took place. On 20 January 1957, Bishop Otto Dibelius consecrated the rebuilt church, which is now a listed building. In 1970, according to plans by the architect Günter Kohlhaus, a renovation began, which was provisionally completed with the inauguration on 1 October 1972.
The Evangelical Himmarie Church is the second sacred building of this name at the Volkspark Humboldthain. The church built in 1956 according to plans by Otto Bartning is located in Gustav-Meyer-Allee 2 in the Berlin district of Gesundbrunnen in the Mitte district. The building complex from Saalkirche on a rectangular floor plan, bell tower and extensions for other facilities in the municipality is listed. In spring 2001, the Assumption of the Assumption was merged with the neighboring Friedenskirchengemeinde to the parish on Humboldthain. Since the Friedenskirche has served as a Serbian Orthodox Friedenskirche for the Holy Sava since 2001, "was and is [...] the new Ascension Church, which was newly built in 1956", also a service room of the merged community.
29. Harnack House
The Harnack House in the Dahlem district of Berlin, Germany was opened in 1929 as a centre for German scientific and intellectual life. Located in the intellectual colony of Dahlem, seat of the Free University Berlin, it was founded by the Kaiser Wilhelm Gesellschaft (KWG) on the initiative of its first president, the theologian Adolf von Harnack, and of its then chairman, Friedrich Glum. The project was supported politically by the Weimar Republic Chancellor Wilhelm Marx and Foreign Minister Gustav Stresemann, and an influential Centre Party deputy Georg Schreiber. The land for its construction was donated by the state of Prussia, and the costs of building and furnishing the house were defrayed partly by the government, and partly by public subscription.
The Pallasstraße bunker, also known as the Sportpalast bunker, is a four-storey bunker on Pallasstraße in the Berlin district of Schöneberg, the shell of which was completed during World War II. After completion and modernisation in the 1980s, it was used as a civil defence facility until 2010 and was used as a warehouse for emergency goods. Since May 2002, the bunker has been used as a "place of remembrance" by the advanced history course of the neighbouring Sophie Scholl School, by the Tempelhof-Schöneberg Art Office and by the Berlin Underworlds Association; the association takes care of the maintenance of the building on behalf of the Berlin Senate. It was deconsecrated as a civil defence facility in 2010 and has been a listed building since 2011.
The Helmholtzplatz, ugs. Helmi, is a rectangular square in the Prenzlauer Berg district of the Pankow district of Berlin, Germany. It forms the central square of the Helmholtzkiez. It is named after the physicist Hermann von Helmholtz. The heavily landscaped square with two children's playgrounds, a football pitch, several table tennis tables, a streetball court and a neighbourhood meeting place is about three metres above the level of the surrounding residential streets Raumerstraße, Lychener Straße, Lettestraße, Schliemannstraße and Dunckerstraße. It conveys the character of a small park in the middle of the densely populated old building area and fulfils the function of an important recreational area and a social meeting point for the residents.
32. Hahn-Meitner Building
Nuclear fission was discovered in December 1938 by chemists Otto Hahn and Fritz Strassmann and physicists Lise Meitner and Otto Robert Frisch. Fission is a nuclear reaction or radioactive decay process in which the nucleus of an atom splits into two or more smaller, lighter nuclei and often other particles. The fission process often produces gamma rays and releases a very large amount of energy, even by the energetic standards of radioactive decay. Scientists already knew about alpha decay and beta decay, but fission assumed great importance because the discovery that a nuclear chain reaction was possible led to the development of nuclear power and nuclear weapons. Hahn was awarded the 1944 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for the discovery of nuclear fission.
33. Der Bevölkerung
The artwork DER BEVÖLKERUNG by Hans Haacke was as commissioned and installed in 2000. It was erected in the north courtyard of the German Reichstag building in the year 2000 by resolution of the German Bundestag. The work consists of a trough measuring 21 x 7 meters, bounded by wooden beams, from the center of which the words "DER BEVÖLKERUNG" radiate toward the sky in white neon letters. The words can be seen from all levels of the building: from the assembly hall, the floor reserved for the political parties and the press, as well as by visitors on the roof. The public funds allocated to the project were the equivalent of approx. 200,000 euros. The artwork was realized within the framework of the Reichstag's art in architecture program.
34. Galerie Futura
alpha nova & galerie futura is an exhibition and event venue in Berlin, which has been established since 1986, and links with one another via an emancipatory, feminist, anti-racist approach to culture-producing and cultural-mediating practice. The focus is on working with artists and FLINTA people. alpha nova & galerie futura creates a space for linking political intervention and artistic practice to develop critical positions for art, science and society. Thematic exhibitions with visual arts of all genres are held, accompanied and extended by events such as performances, lectures, readings, film presentations, discussions, music and workshops. The focus is on promoting artists and FLINTA people and increasing their visibility.
The Knoblauchhaus was the former main residence of the Berlin merchant family Knoblauch. The building is located at Poststraße 23, which belongs to the Nikolaiviertel. It was built between 1759 and 1761 and remained in the possession of the Knoblauch family for 170 years. In 1929, the family sold the house to the city of Berlin. It survived the Second World War as one of the few Berlin town houses of the 18th century largely unscathed. Since 1989, the building has housed a branch of the Märkisches Museum and since 1995 of the Berliner Stadtmuseum Foundation. On the first and second floors, a permanent exhibition shows the history of the Knoblauch family in addition to the bourgeois living culture of the Biedermeier period.
The St. John's Church is a church designed by Karl Friedrich Schinkel and inaugurated in 1835, extended several times and renewed after damage to war. It is located in the district of Berlin-Moabit in the district of Mitte and belongs to the four Schinkelschen suburbs, which originally all had a similar plan. She is named after John the Baptist. The Evangelische Johanniskirche belongs to the Evangelische Kirchengemeinde Berlin-Tiergarten and thus to the Kirchenkreis Berlin Stadtmitte (KKBS) of the Evangelische Kirche Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesische Oberlausitz (EKBO). The church, which has been rebuilt and expanded several times after its inauguration, is under monument protection, along with its associated church buildings.
The Gertraudenbrücke and the Neue Gertraudenbrücke in Berlin lead in the district Mitte via the Spreekanal to the Spittelmarkt and connect the historic districts of Alt-Kölln and Neukölln by the water. The Gertraudenbrücke, built between 1894 and 1895, is under monument protection and was granted an extension to the New Gertraudenbrücke, built in 1977 as a steel bridge and running south parallel, so that today an ensemble consists of two bridges. The Neue Gertraudenbrücke is part of the Bundesstraße 1 and belongs to the highly frequented traffic magistrale in the area of the historic centre of Berlin, which leads from Potsdamer/Leipziger Platz to Leipziger Straße, Spittel- und Wälkenmarkt to Alexanderplatz.
The Samarite church in the Berlin district of Friedrichshain was built from May 7, 1892 to October 20, 1894 by the Evangelical Church Building Association according to a design by the architect Gotthilf Ludwig Möckel. It stands on Samariterplatz on the Samariterstraße at the intersection to Bänschstraße in 1895 and is one of the two churches of the Evangelical parish of Galiläa-Samaritan in addition to the Galiläakirche in Rigaer Straße, consecrated on June 20, 1910. Between 1991 and 1994 the church was recently extensively restored, and the surrounding residential development is listed. The Evangelical parish of Galiläa-Samariter, which belongs to the church, is part of the Berlin City of Berlin.
39. New Church
The New Church, is located in Berlin on the Gendarmenmarkt across from French Church of Friedrichstadt. Its parish comprised the northern part of the then new quarter of Friedrichstadt, which until then belonged to the parish of the congregations of Jerusalem's Church. The Lutheran and Calvinist congregants used German as their native language, as opposed to the French-speaking Calvinist congregation of the adjacent French Church of Friedrichstadt. The congregants' native language combined with the domed tower earned the church its colloquial name Deutscher Dom. While the church physically resembles a cathedral, it is not a cathedral in the formal sense of the word, as it was never the seat of a bishop.
40. Hanf Museum Berlin
The Hemp Museum was opened in Berlin on 6 December 1994. It is the only museum in Germany focused on the cannabis plant. The museum also actively promotes the protection of children and young people and offers individually tailored tours of the exhibition with care staff. It serves as a meeting place for the organisers of the Hanfparade. The Hanf Museum regularly takes part in the "Long Night of Museums", the Berlin Fairytale Days and the Historale which takes place in the Nikolai Quarter. In 2017, the Hanf Museum took part in the Kirchentag in Berlin as a self-organised event on the topic of the war on drugs with speakers from South American victims, including the Reverend Martin Diaz from El Salvador.
41. GRIPS Theater
The Grips-Theatre in Berlin is a well-known and well-respected emancipatory children's and youth theatre, located at Altonaer Straße at Hansaplatz in the Hansaviertel in Berlin's Mitte district. It is "the first theatre worldwide to deal sociocritically with the lives and living conditions of children and young people and to incorporate this in original humorous and musical plays". It has gained a national and international reputation, not least due to its former artistic director Volker Ludwig's musicals for adults, such as its evergreen Linie 1, Café Mitte or the adaptation of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. GRIPS' plays have been re-staged over 1,500 times in some 40 languages around the world.
42. Kühlhaus Berlin
The Kühlhaus am Gleisdreieck is an industrial monument near Berlin's Gleisdreieck underground station, which was built between 1900 and 1901 with eight floors and 6000 m² as Europe's largest cold store in Luckenwalder Straße. It was divided into cold store I and cold store II, although only the latter still exists today. It was operated by the Gesellschaft für Markt- und Kühlhallen, which opened another factory at Scharnhorststraße 28–29 in 1912. Today, the building is the center of various events such as readings, concerts, theater performances and fashion fairs such as Berlin Fashion Week; The administration building on Trebbiner Strasse is home to the German Museum of Technology.
St. Christopher's Church is a Protestant church in the Friedrichshagen district of Berlin, Germany. It was built between 1901 and 1903 by Ernst Schrammer according to a design by Jürgen Kröger as a replacement building for the former village church. The most important treasure of the church is the altar Bible with a dedication from Empress Auguste Viktoria, which was given to the congregation at the inauguration of the building. The building in Bölschestraße is a listed building. It serves the Evangelical Parish of Friedrichshagen, which belongs to the Lichtenberg-Oberspree church district in the Berlin district of the Evangelical Church Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Upper Lusatia.
44. Rüdesheimer Platz
The Rüdesheimer Platz is located in the Wilmersdorf district of Berlin and represents the center of the Rheingauviertel. The square is flanked in the west from Rüdesheimer Straße and in the east of Ahrweilerstrasse. The streets are named after cities and places from the Rheingau-Taunus district in the state of Hesse. Since 1972 there has been a sponsorship of the then Wilmersdorf district with the Rheingau-Taunus district, a partnership since 1991. Since 1984 the vineyard in the Wilmersdorf stadium has also been part of the partnership with vineyards from the Rheingau-Taunus, from which the winegrowers the Wilmersdorfer Rheingauperle Keltern. The first harvest was in autumn 1986.
The James Simon Gallery is a centrally located visitor center and art gallery between the reconstructed Neues Museum and the Kupfergraben arm of the Spree river on Museum Island in Berlin, Germany. Designed by architect David Chipperfield, the gallery is named in honour of the art patron Henri James Simon (1851–1932) who brought worldwide fame to the Berlin State Museums with his lavish donations, including important artwork and artifacts. As the ensemble's sixth building, the gallery has a prominent position at the site of the former Packhof designed by Karl Friedrich Schinkel, which was demolished in 1938, and its design is inspired by the construction history of Museum Island.
46. Direktorenhaus Berlin
The Berlin Director House is a gallery and an art and cultural center in the Mitte district of Berlin. It was founded in 2010 by Pascal Johanssen and Katja Kleiss in Berlin as an exhibition location for applied art. The center is located on the site and building complex of the old coin, the former state minting in the historic center of Berlin. After 20 years of vacancy, the dilapidated building was renovated by the operators of the directors' house and thus retained from decay. The director house is also the seat of the Musicboard Berlin, well -known artists and musicians such as the Berlin rock band Bonaparte use the rooms of the house as studios and rehearsal rooms.
47. Abhörstation des Luftfahrtministeriums mit Bunkeranlage, danach Berlin Document Center
The Berlin Document Center (BDC) was created in Berlin, Germany, after the end of World War II. Its task was to centralize the collection of documents from the time of Nazism, which were needed for the preparation of the Nuremberg Trials against war criminals. The BDC was under American administration until 1994, when the German Federal Archives (Bundesarchiv) was allowed to take control of the BDC. While the paper records remained in Germany, the entire collection was microfilmed and made available at the National Archives in Washington, DC, where researchers have much better access unhindered by restrictive German privacy laws now in effect in Berlin.
48. Rathaus Schmargendorf
The Schmargendorf Town Hall is the former town hall of the once independent municipality of Schmargendorf, which was incorporated into Berlin in 1920 and has been a district of the Berlin district of Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf since 2001. The historicizing building was built between 1900 and 1902 according to plans by Otto Kerwien in the style of Brandenburg brick Gothic. With his design of the town hall, Kerwien referred to the mostly medieval secular buildings of Tangermünde and Stendal. Today, it houses the county's registry office, the music school and the Adolf Reichwein Library, a branch of the city library called the Adolf Reichwein Library.
49. Memorial to the Murdered Members of the Reichstag
The Memorial to the Murdered Members of the Reichstag is a memorial in Berlin, Germany. The memorial is located in front of the Reichstag building and commemorates the 96 members of the parliament who died unnaturally between 1933 and 1945 (1948). The idea of creating the monument started in the 1980s, and the memorial was erected in September 1992. It was designed by Dieter Appelt, Klaus W. Eisenlohr, Justus Müller, and Christian Zwirner. The memorial is made of 96 cast iron plates, with the names, birth and death dates and places engraved on the edges. It has been designed so that it can be extended if new names are discovered in the future.
50. Erwin Gehrts
Erwin Gehrts was a German conservative socialist, resistance fighter against the Nazi regime, journalist and colonel in the Luftwaffe. Trained as a teacher, Gehrts was conscripted as a flying officer during World War I. During the interwar period, he became a journalist. However, with the emergence of the Nazi states, his newspaper, the Tägliche Rundschau, was banned. Finding work with the Luftwaffe, he became disillusioned with the Nazis. He became associated with a Berlin-based anti-fascist resistance group that was later called the Red Orchestra by the Abwehr and an informer to Harro Shulze-Boysen, passing secrets from the air ministry.
51. Ernst Haeckel
Ernst Heinrich Philipp August Haeckel was a German zoologist, naturalist, eugenicist, philosopher, physician, professor, marine biologist and artist. He discovered, described and named thousands of new species, mapped a genealogical tree relating all life forms and coined many terms in biology, including ecology, phylum, phylogeny, and Protista. Haeckel promoted and popularised Charles Darwin's work in Germany and developed the influential but no longer widely held recapitulation theory claiming that an individual organism's biological development, or ontogeny, parallels and summarises its species' evolutionary development, or phylogeny.
52. C/O Berlin
C/O Berlin is a private exhibition space for photography and visual media in Berlin. It is located in Amerika Haus Berlin by Zoologischer Garten station, Charlottenburg, where it has more than 2,500 square metres of space. C/O Berlin presents works by national and international artists, supports emerging talents, and organizes educational events on visual media and art. It was founded in 2000 by Stephan Erfurt, Marc Naroska and Ingo Pott and originally located in the old Royal Post Office (Postfuhramt). C/O Berlin is supported by a non-profit foundation under the direction of Stephan Erfurt. The deputy chairman is Dr. Andreas Behr.
The Hererostein is a memorial stone at the Columbiadamm cemetery in Berlin-Neukölln, Germany. It is dedicated to seven volunteers of the German Schutztruppe who died between 1904 and 1907 in the former colony of German-South West Africa. In 2009, following protests by civil society associations against this commemoration of the perpetrators of genocide, a commemorative plaque was laid in the ground in front of the stone to commemorate the victims among the Herero and Nama peoples. The ensemble of Herero stone and Namibia memorial plaque is the only memorial in Berlin that commemorates the former German occupation of Namibia.
54. Dorfkirche Marienfelde
The village church Marienfelde in the Berlin district of Marienfelde is the focal point of the central village green. Traditionally, Kurt Pomplun claims that the fieldstone church was built "around 1220" and is thus "undoubtedly the oldest of all village churches in Berlin and one of the oldest in the Mittelmark". A roof beam found in 1995 was dendrochronologically dated to 1230; however, since it was in secondary use, the church can hardly have been built before 1240. Nevertheless, it is undoubtedly one of the oldest village churches in Berlin and the Mittelmark, where a village church that is certainly older is not known.
55. Wohnanlage ehem. Gertraudenhospital
The former Gertraudenhospital in Wartenburgstrasse 1 corner of Großbeerenstraße in the Kreuzberg district of Kreuzberg is a listed brick building with several wings and a park -like front garden from the 1870s. It is the second domicile of the St. Gertraudt Foundation founded for “noble Miss” in Berlin-Mitte in 1411. The house moved to Kreuzberg in 1872 came under the administration of the hospital on the Urban in 1945. After selling at the beginning of the 21st century, it was converted into a residential park with 103 condominiums and two commercial units while maintaining the monument conservation point of view.
56. Volkspark Prenzlauer Berg
The Volkspark Prenzlauer Berg - was built from the former Oderbruchtzie dump - is an approximately 29 hectare park on the eastern edge of the Pankow district, Prenzlauer Berg district. The essential part of the park is a Dubble summit, which is 90.9 m above sea level at its highest point. Nhn is high. The other summit, more located towards Hohenschönhauser Straße, is called "high plateau" and on a stone marking that it is "the highest elevation in Prenzlauer Berg", but this is inaccurate. Because after measurements in the 1990s, it is only 89 m high. The summit twins are among the higher elevations of Berlin.
57. Tegeler Hafenbrücke
The Tegel Harbour Bridge in the Berlin district of Tegel, popularly known as the "Sechserbrücke", is a pedestrian bridge that spans the entrance to Tegel Harbour and the mouth of the Tegel River. It was built in 1908 as a steel truss arch bridge including a concrete section over the Tegeler Fliess with a total length of 91 metres, together with the harbour and the Tegel-Friedrichsfeld industrial railway; It was not until 1921 that the southern gate building with two ticket booths followed. The architect was city architect Ernst Hornig. Today it is a listed building and is often used as a backdrop for filming.
58. Victory Column
The Victory Column is a monument in Berlin, Germany. Designed by Heinrich Strack after 1864 to commemorate the Prussian victory in the Second Schleswig War, by the time it was inaugurated on 2 September 1873, Prussia had also defeated Austria and its German allies in the Austro-Prussian War (1866) and France in the Franco-Prussian War (1870–71), giving the statue a new purpose. Different from the original plans, these later victories in the unification wars inspired the addition of the bronze sculpture of Victoria, the Roman goddess of victory, 8.3 metres (27 ft) high, designed by Friedrich Drake.
59. Köllnischer Park
Köllnischer Park is a public park located near the River Spree in Mitte, Berlin. It is named after Cölln, one of the two cities which came together to form Berlin; the park location was originally just outside it. Approximately 1 hectare in area, the park came into existence in the 18th and 19th centuries on the site of fortifications. It was redesigned as a public park in 1869–1873 and was further modified in the 20th century with the addition of first a bear enclosure, the Bärenzwinger, and later a permanent exhibition of sculpture, the Lapidary. The park is a registered Berlin landmark.
60. Friedhof der Evangelischen Kirchengemeinde Alt-Stralau
The Evangelical Cemetery Stralau is one of the eight still preserved village church courtyards in Berlin, which, in contrast to larger urban and denominational cemeteries, were all created before the 17th century and usually formed the center of a village together with a village church. The Stralauer Dorffriedhof, which is still used as a burial site today, is located in the Stralau district of the Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg district and is located directly on the banks of the Spree along Tunnelstrasse. The village church of Stralau and a cemetery chapel are located directly in the cemetery.
The grain test memory is a former warehouse protected as a monument in the Moabit district of Berlin. The monument protection refers to both the facade and parts inside. The memory is located directly on the Berlin-Spandauer shipping canal at the northern end of the former Hamburg and Lehrter freight station and has the postal address Hedwig-Porschütz-Straße 20. It is part of the neighborhood of Europe that is otherwise newly made up of housing buildings, which was built from 2017 to 2019, and consists of over 500 rental apartments that are located on the water or too large green farms.
62. Park am Gleisdreieck - Westpark
The Park am Gleisdreieck is a public green and recreational area in Berlin, Germany. The park, which covers around 31.5 hectares, is located on the wastelands of the former Anhalter and Potsdam freight station at the Gleisdreieck and stretches from the Landwehr Canal via Yorckstraße to the Monument Bridge. The complex consists of three park sections, which were opened between 2011 and 2014:Ostpark in Kreuzberg, 17 hectares, opened on 2 September 2011, Westpark in Kreuzberg, 9 hectares, opened on 31 May 2013, Dora-Duncker-Park in Schöneberg, 5.5 hectares, opened on 21 March 2014.
63. Mahnmal für die im Nationalsozialismus verfolgten Juden in Spandau
Spandau Synagogue was a synagogue at 12 Lindenufer in the Old Town area of Spandau, Berlin, Germany. It was also known as Spandauer Vereinssynagoge. The synagogue was built in 1894–95 and was destroyed on 9 November 1938 (Kristallnacht) when it was set on fire. The ruins were removed, probably in 1942. The site is now marked by a memorial tablet, installed in 1988. The congregation maintained a Jewish cemetery, on Spandau's Neue Bergstrasse, which was closed by the Nazi government and was evacuated in 1939 to the Cemetery of the Orthodox congregation Adass Jisroel in Berlin.
The Murellenberge, the Murellenschlucht and the Schanzenwald are a hilly landscape formed during the Vistula Ice Age in the Berlin village of Ruhleben in the Westend district of the district of Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf. The area is located west of the Olympic site. The largest part of the upset and terminal moraine landscape is designated as the Murellenschlucht and Schanzenwald nature reserve, which is part of the biotope network Fließwiese Ruhleben, Tiefwerder Wiesen and Grunewald. About 1⁄2 kilometers northeast of the area lies the natural monument Murellenteich.
The Faith Church is a Protestant church in Friedrich-Franz-Straße in the Berlin district of Tempelhof. The building was designed by the Charlottenburg architects Ferdinand Köhler and Paul Kranz, who had already taken over the construction of the Realgymnasium opposite. The three-nave hall church, built during the First World War, can be attributed to contemporary reform architecture, while the plastered masonry building does not have any historicizing décor in its external appearance. The church, together with the rectories and the parish hall, is a listed building.
66. Berliner U-Bahn-Museum
The Berlin U-Bahn Museum was opened on September 13, 1997 and belongs to the “Association of Working Group Berliner U-Bahn e. V. “It is the third subway museum in Europe alongside Moscow and Budapest. The museum to the Berlin subway is housed in the Olympic Stadium electromechanical leverage station, which was in operation from 1931 to 1983. The side rooms of the signal box are exhibition rooms with numerous exhibits. In addition to occasional photo exhibitions, four to six special trips are organized annually with the train genres that are no longer in operation.
67. Wall Museum
The Checkpoint Charlie Museum is a private museum in Berlin. It is named after the famous crossing point on the Berlin Wall, and was created to document the so-called "best border security system in the world". On display are the photos and related documents of successful escape attempts from East Germany, together with the escape apparatus: hot-air balloons, getaway cars, chairlifts, and a mini-U-boat. The museum researches and maintains a list of deaths at the Berlin Wall. It is operated by the Mauermuseum-Betriebs gGmbH, and the director is Alexandra Hildebrandt.
68. St. Petrus
St. Peter's Church at Bellermannstraße 91 in Berlin's Gesundbrunnen district, Mitte district, was built for the Catholic residents of the district. It was designed in the neo-Gothic architectural style by the church architect Wilhelm Rincklake from Maria Laach Abbey. The construction was supervised by Hermann Bunning. The parish church is dedicated to the Apostle Peter. The foundation stone was laid on 16 December 1906; on January 6, 1908, he was liturgically blessed. The consecration of the church took place on 29 April 1934. St. Peter's is a listed building.
The Protestant Martin Luther Memorial Church in the district of Mariendorf in Berlin is a special monument and a witness of the art. It was built from 1933 to 1935 on the basis of long existing planning. The interior design combined state and ecclesial symbolism, as it is evident to this day. For this reason, since around 2004, when it became headlines due to its bad construction, the Church has occasionally been called the “Nazi Church” in the press. The community itself sees the remains of this design in the zeitgeist of 1933 as a memorial and memorial.
70. Alte Pfarrkirche Lichtenberg
The Old Parish Church of Lichtenberg, the old Lichtenberg village church, is an early Gothic, rectangular feldstein building in the Lichtenberg district of Berlin. It dates back to the 13th century and has been rebuilt several times, destroyed and rebuilt. The church is next to the municipal center Am Fennpfuhl one of two church buildings of the Evangelical Church of Lichtenberg, which belongs to the church circle of Lichtenberg-Oberspree in Sprengel Berlin of the Evangelical Church of Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Oberlausitz. It is under monument protection.
71. Reststück der Berliner Mauer
The Berlin Wall was a guarded concrete barrier that encircled West Berlin of the Federal Republic of Germany from 1961 to 1989, separating it from East Berlin and the German Democratic Republic. Construction of the Berlin Wall was commenced by the government of the GDR on 13 August 1961. It included guard towers placed along large concrete walls, accompanied by a wide area that contained anti-vehicle trenches, beds of nails and other defenses. The primary intention for the Wall's construction was to prevent East German citizens from fleeing to the West.
The Waldbühne is a theatre at Olympiapark Berlin in Berlin, Germany. It was designed by German architect Werner March in emulation of a Greek theatre and built between 1934 and 1936 as the Dietrich-Eckart-Freilichtbühne, a Nazi Thingplatz, and opened in association with the 1936 Summer Olympics. Since World War II it has been used for a variety of events, including boxing matches, film showings and classical and rock concerts. It seats more than 22,000 people. The venue is located off Friedrich-Friesen-Allee just northeast of Glockenturmstraße.
73. Dorfkirche Schmargendorf
The village church of Schmargendorf is the church of the Evangelical Community of Alt-Schmargendorf. It is located in the Schmargendorf district of the Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf district on the corner of Breite Straße and Kirchstrasse. The church dates from the end of the 13th century and was the only church in Schmargendorf until 1929. With a base area of 66 square meters and space for around 80 people, it is the smallest of the preserved Berlin village churches. The Alt-Schmargendorf cemetery is located in the immediate vicinity of the church.
Das Haus Liebermann, auch Max-Liebermann-Haus genannt, steht in Berlin-Mitte am Pariser Platz 7 nördlich neben dem Brandenburger Tor. An dieser Stelle befand sich zuvor das Wohn- und Arbeitshaus des Malers Max Liebermann. Nach Zerstörungen im Zweiten Weltkrieg wurde die Ruine abgetragen. Das Jahrzehnte im Grenzbereich zwischen Ost- und Westberlin gelegene Grundstück blieb zunächst unbebaut. Ende der 1990er Jahre entstand der Neubau als kritische Rekonstruktion in Anlehnung an das bauliche Vorbild. Die Stiftung Brandenburger Tor nutzt das Haus.
The Pauluskirche in the Berlin district of Lichterfelde was planned and built in the style of Fritz Gottlob's brick Gothic. The construction costs were 250,000 marks. The church was inaugurated on June 2, 1900. After major damage in the Second World War, the church building was rebuilt between 1951 and 1957 under the direction of Erich Ruhtz and Karl Strakebach and inaugurated by Bishop Otto Dibelius on March 24, 1957. In 1987 a fundamental renovation of the church was based on plans by Peter Lehrecke. The church is now under monument protection.
76. Dorfkirche Lichterfelde
The Protestant village church Lichterfelde in today's Berlin district of Lichterfelde is one of the more than 50 village churches in Berlin. The first simple hall church, built in the first half of the 14th century from less carefully worked fieldstone ashlars, was severely damaged during the Thirty Years' War. In 1701 the church was restored as a plaster building. It was given a half-timbered roof tower, which was altered in 1735. In the time that followed, the church was renovated and enlarged several times. The church is a listed building.
The listed Nathanael Church is located on Grazer Platz in the Schöneberg district of Schöneberg in the Schöneberg district in the Tempelhof-Schöneberg district. The church, a brick building, the shape of which is pronounced in Northern German, neo -Gothic style of style, was created according to a draft by Jürgen Kröger. The Crown Prince of the German Reich, Wilhelm von Prussia, took part in the inauguration on October 31, 1903. At the same time, the Nathanael community was released independently and parish from the Schöneberg parish.
The Church of Revelation is a church in the district of Friedrichshain in Berlin. It is one of 43 emergency churches, built after World War II in Germany, according to a design by Bauhaus architect Otto Bartning. It belongs to the Evangelische Kirchengemeinde Boxhagen-Stralau in the Kirchenkreis Berlin Stadtmitte. It is one of three church worship sites in the community and the central place of community work. The church is not standing alone, but part of a multifunctional community centre, which includes, among other things, other groups.
79. FHXB Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg Museum
The FHXB Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg Museum is a local history museum focusing on the borough of Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg in Berlin, Germany. It contains a historical archive related to both parts of the district, permanent exhibits on urban development and social and immigration history, temporary exhibits on the district's past and present, and a historic printing press. The museum is part of the Culture and History Department within the district administration of Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, and is located at Adalbertstrasse 95a in Kreuzberg.
The Gasometer Fichtestraße originally belonged to an ensemble of four gas containers, the gas container station Fichtestrasse. The construction of 1883–1884 is the oldest surviving gasometer in Berlin and the only ones obtained from the only bricked bricks. During the Second World War it was converted into an air -raid shelter. In September 2006, the State of Berlin's property fund sold the building to private investors who had apartments built on the roof of the gasometer until spring 2010. The building and the outbuildings are listed.
The Körnerpark is situated in Berlin Neukölln between Jonasstraße, Schierker Straße, Selkestraße and Wittmannsdorfer Straße. The approximately 2.4 hectare park resembles a palace garden. The feature in the eastern part of the park is a cascade with fountains. Opposite, to the west, an orangery houses a café and a gallery for temporary exhibitions, and forms the boundary of the park. During summer weekends the forecourt of the orangery is used for free concerts and performances. The northern part is dominated by a flower garden.
82. Absturz eines sowjetischen Kampfflugzeugs 1966
The Stößensee is a lake educated by a bay of the Havel in the Berlin districts of Spandau and Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf. It lies between the Pichelswerder and the Forst Grunewald and is around 350 meters wide and 1100 meters long. The forested high bank rises up to 35 meters to the Grunewald on Rupenhorn. There are numerous yacht and rowing clubs, sailing clubs, excursion bars and hotels around the lake. In the 19th century, the lake and its surroundings were one of the most popular excursion destinations for Spandauer and Berliner.
The Protestant Albert Schweitzer Church, designed by Peter Poelzig, is located at Auguste-Viktoria-Allee 51 in the Reinickendorf district of the Berlin district of the same name. It was completed in the 1960s and named after the theologian, Bach researcher and "jungle doctor" Albert Schweitzer. Along with the Segenskirche, it is one of the two church buildings of the Segenskirchengemeinde in the church district of Reinickendorf, which belongs to the Berlin district of the Evangelical Church Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Upper Lusatia.
The Wasserturmplatz is a square with a historic water tower in the Berlin district of Prenzlauer Berg, near Kollwitzplatz and the Rykestraße Synagogue. The water tower square is a listed garden monument. Furthermore, there is also the listed building ensemble Wasserturmplatz, consisting of a water tower, underground tank, riser tower, engine house and float's house. The water tower is the oldest surviving tower of its kind in Berlin. In travel guides, the water tower is often referred to by the alternative name Dicker Hermann.
85. Haus am Waldsee
The house at the Waldsee in the Berlin district of Zehlendorf in the Steglitz-Zehlendorf district has been an exhibition location of international contemporary art with a focus on all media of visual arts, design, architecture and sound in Berlin since 1946. A sculpture park has been set up on the extensive area since 2005. From 2005 to 2021 the art historian Katja Blomberg held the management. In June 2022, art historian Anna Gritz, formerly curator of the KW Institute for Contemporary Art, took over the management.
The Bröhan Museum is a Berlin state museum for Art Nouveau, Art Deco, and Functionalism, located in Berlin's Charlottenburg district. The Museum is named after its founder, entrepreneur and art collector Karl. H. Bröhan (1921–2000), who donated his collection to the state of Berlin on the occasion of his 60th birthday. In 1983, the Bröhan Museum opened in its current space, which belongs to the Charlottenburg Palace ensemble and was originally built for the guard regiment. Since 1994, it has been a state museum.
87. Dorfkirche Zehlendorf
Today's Protestant village church Zehlendorf stands in the historic core of the Berlin district of Zehlendorf and is one of the more than 50 village churches in Berlin. It was built in 1768 on the site of a medieval fieldstone church first mentioned in 1264. Its octagonal central building represents a very rare type of church among the village churches of the Mark Brandenburg. After the consecration of St. Paul's Church in 1905, no services were held in the village church until 1953. The church is a listed building.
88. Jewish Museum
The Jewish Museum Berlin was opened in 2001 and is the largest Jewish museum in Europe. On 3,500 square metres of floor space, the museum presents the history of Jews in Germany from the Middle Ages to the present day, with new focuses and new scenography. It consists of three buildings, two of which are new additions specifically built for the museum by architect Daniel Libeskind. German-Jewish history is documented in the collections, the library and the archive, and is reflected in the museum's program of events.
89. Pfarrkirche Ss. Corpus Christi
The Roman Catholic Church of Ss. Corpus Christi in the Berlin district of Prenzlauer Berg is a neo-Gothic church built by the architect Max Hasak in 1904 and is located at Conrad-Blenkle-Straße 64. The foundation stone was laid on 10 July 1904 and the church was consecrated on 15 December 1904. The church tower was raised to a height of 40 metres in 1990. The entire complex, including the residential buildings on both sides of the building, which were built in the same style, was extensively renovated in 1992.
90. Volkspark am Weinberg
The Volkspark am Weinberg is the only Volkspark in Berlin's Mitte locality in the district of the same name and covers an area of 4.3 hectares. It is bordered by Weinbergsweg to the southeast, Brunnenstraße to the southwest, Veteranenstraße to the northwest and Fehrbelliner Straße to the northeast. The name Weinberg (vineyard) goes back to the vineyards that formerly occupied the hill on which the park is now situated. Since the late 1970s, the park has been designated as a garden monument (Gartendenkmal).
91. Quartierspark Rosenfelder Ring
The Rosenfelder Ring Quartierspark is a new park in the district of Lichtenberg, Berlin-Friedrichsfelde. It was created in two stages after the demolition of a school complex in conjunction with neighbouring sports and green areas after a citizen survey on behalf of the district office. It extends over three terraces. The new park was inaugurated on June 5, 2010 as part of a district festival, with the completion of the upper area. The official transfer of the middle and lower levels was made on 28 May 2011.
92. St. Anthony's
St. Antonius of Padua is a Roman Catholic church in the Berlin district of Oberschöneweide. That of St. Antonius von Padua consecrated church was built according to plans by the Berlin architect Wilhelm Fahlbusch and consecrated in 1907. The building ensemble, which is completely understood, also includes the neighboring rectory, whose design also comes from Fahlbusch and which was completed in 1908. The parish of St. Antonius of Padua belongs to the Deanery Treptow-Köpenick of the Archdiocese of Berlin.
93. Tierpark Berlin
The Tierpark Berlin is one of two zoos located in Berlin, Germany. It was founded in 1955 and is located in Friedrichsfelde on the former grounds of Friedrichsfelde Palace, which is situated within the zoo. As of 31 December 2013, the zoo houses 7,250 animals from 846 species, in an area of 160 hectares. Tierpark Berlin also features two public exhibits free of charge, one being the Bärenschaufenster for American black bears. The park is also home to the Treskow family's historic family burial ground.
94. Gemeindezentrum Am Fennpfuhl
The Evangelical Community Center on the Fennpfuhl is a small church complex in the Berlin district of Fennpfuhl of the Lichtenberg district. It is a single -storey building with a octagonal tent roof, which contains parish rooms and apartments next to the service room and was inaugurated in September 1984. The community center is a building of the Evangelical parish of Lichtenberg, which belongs to the Church Circle of Berlin Süd-Ost of the Evangelical Church in Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Oberlausitz.
95. Dorfkirche Lietzow
The Evangelical Church of Alt-Lietzow is a Protestant church in the former town of Lietzow, now part of Berlin-Charlottenburg. It is the fifth church on this site, whose predecessor buildings were demolished after partial damage. The current church complex, built according to the designs of the architect Ludolf von Walthausen, was consecrated in 1961. It belongs to the Luisen parish in the Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf church district of the Evangelical Church of Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Upper Lusatia.
The Luisenkirche is a Protestant municipal and parish church in Charlottenburg, now part of Berlin, Germany. The original building in Baroque style was begun in 1710, and around 100 years later named after Queen Luise of Prussia. Karl Friedrich Schinkel made suggestions for the addition of a steeple and interior changes in 1821, which were partly carried out from 1823. The Luisenkirche burned down in World War II and was rebuilt in the 1950s. A restoration in 1987/88 revived some of Schinkel's design.
Tabor Church (Wilhelmshagen) (German: Tabor-Kirche) is one of the three churches of the Evangelical Berlin-Rahnsdorf Congregation, a member of today's Protestant umbrella organisation Evangelical Church of Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Upper Lusatia. The church building is located in the quarter Wilhelmshagen, locality Rahnsdorf, borough Treptow-Köpenick of Berlin. The church was named in memory of the Transfiguration of Jesus, which allegedly took place on Mount Tabor הר תבור in today's Israel.
98. C3.NYC Berlin
The New Apostolic Church Berlin-Weißensee is a former sacred building of the New Apostolic Church (NAC) in the District Church of Berlin Brandenburg. It is located at Gartenstraße 37 in the Berlin district of Weißensee in the district of Pankow and was designed by Albert Gericke. On July 3, 1932, the building complex was inaugurated. The church building was sold in October 2019 and is currently owned by the evangelical denomination C3. NYC. Together with the parish hall, it is a listed building.
99. Energy Museum
The Energy Museum Berlin at Teltowkanalstraße 9 in the Berlin district of Lankwitz shows historical devices for energy generation and application in the former Steglitz power plant. Until 2018, the power plant contained the largest battery storage power plant ever operated in Germany. The museum has an extensive archive that is open to all interested parties. Several databases provide information on the history and technology of the energy supply as well as on the museum's exhibits and evidence.
100. Spandau Citadel
The Spandau Citadel is a fortress in Berlin, Germany, one of the best-preserved Renaissance military structures of Europe. Built from 1559–94 atop a medieval fort on an island near the meeting of the Havel and the Spree, it was designed to protect the town of Spandau, which is now part of Berlin. In recent years it has been used as a museum and has become a popular tourist spot. Furthermore, the inner courtyard of the Citadel has served as an open air concert venue in the summertime since 2005.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.