Explore interesting sights in Aachen, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 80 sights are available in Aachen, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Aachen
The Ways Against Oblivion 1933–1945 is a project to commemorate the atrocities of the National Socialists in Aachen. This project was initiated in 1994 by individual citizens, parties and other groups and approved in October 1996 with the votes of the CDU, SPD and Greens in the city council. In 1997, the concept was transferred to the Aachen Adult Education Centre and the implementation has been financially supported by the city of Aachen since 2004. Since 2008, the project has been recognized nationwide as a centre of excellence for political remembrance work in the region, both in questions of commemoration and discussion of the National Socialist era in Aachen as well as with current right-wing extremism, and has therefore been accepted as a co-opted member of the "Working Group of National Socialist Memorials and Places of Remembrance in North Rhine-Westphalia".
2. Haus Matthéy
The House of Matthéy is a listed building in Theaterstraße in Aachen with the number 67. The original building was in 1834 by Adam Franz Friedrich Leydel on behalf of the cloth manufacturer Heinrich Anton Deusner (1787–1870), a son of the Frankfurt AM area Main from Aachen and working in Aachen and politician Christian Friedrich Deusner (1756–1844), built as a representative city villa in the classicist style. Of this, only the original integrated facade exists. The house bears his name after the last private owner, the textile clerk and art collector Teo Matthéy (1901–1989). The building, which was largely empty for many years, was adopted in June 2019 by herbal law by the couple Volker and Andera Gadeib. From 2019 to June 2022, the city palace was extensively renovated and converted to the headquarters of Dialego AG.
3. Gut Gaßmühle
The list of historical mills in Aachen provides an overview of the best known former water mills on the banks of the Aachen streams in the current area of the city of Aachen without guaranteeing completeness. More than 70 mills could be demonstrated on the basis of the sources and proven with data, whereby there were also other mills that have been historically forgotten or about which there is no information. The proven Aachen mills once had served as grain, shot or oil mills as well as copper, grinding, walking or colored wood mills and mostly had an upper-rogue water wheel. From the early modern period, they formed the basis for the economic rise of Aachen, especially in the area of the cloth and needle industry in the 18th and 19th centuries, as shown, for example, the history of the cloth industry in Aachen.
The Marienkapelle is a chapel in Aachen-Burscheid consecrated to the Blessed Mother Maria. It stands on the corner of Gregorstraße/Berdoletstraße and was built in 1643/44 at the instigation of the incumbent abbess of the Reichsbabti Burtscheid, Henrietta Raitz von Frenz, and monk Peter Kerchof in honor of the "Madonna of Scherpenheuvel". The chapel, as the most important component, contains the newly made image of Mary, whose representation corresponds to the original in the baroque and our dear wife in the Belgian pilgrimage site in Scherpenheuvel-Zichem. The formerly used French name Montaigu for Scherpenheuvel is derived from Latin Mons Acutus = Spitzer Berg or sharp hill. This was popularly led to the name Klein Scherpenhövel or just chapel for the Burtscheider Marienkapelle.
5. Gemeindezentrum Maria im Tann
Maria im Tann is the Centre for Child, Youth and Family Welfare and the Youth Vocational Assistance of the City of Aachen on the outskirts of the Preuswald district. It has its origins in the lung sanatorium for adults, which has existed since 1909 and was expanded to include a children's home in 1916, and has been managed since 1995 by the "Catholic Education Association for the Rhine Province" and its affiliated "Betriebsführungsgesellschaft mbH". The centre described above is a member of the "Working Group of Catholic Institutions and Services of Educational Assistance in the Diocese of Aachen", the Aachen branch of the German Caritas Association, and is currently home to around 220 children and young people. The company employs around 110 people.
The Müschpark is a park of around 11 hectares, which was built between 1803 and 1814 on behalf of the Secretary General of the French administration, Wilhelm Körfgen, directly at the northern foot of the Lousberg in Aachen, as Ferme Ornée. The park has its name after the estate Müsch, which is located in the same area, which is directly adjacent to the present monastery St. Raphael in the Soers and is located in the protected landscape area Aachen. Until 2005, he was privately owned and was then taken over by the city of Aachen, which provided it to the population as a public investment. The entrances are located at the former main gate on the corner of Purweider Weg/Strüver Weg and in the area of Buchenallee on the Lousberg.
7. Gutshof Schloss Berensberg
The Berensberg Castle, also called Haus Berensberg and Gut Berensberg, is a former nobility in the Herzogenrat district of Kohlscheid-Berensberg. Until the beginning of the 15th century, the property was in possession of a low -nobel family of the same name as the Kölnian fief. Then it came to the von Harff family, which had the Wasserburg damaged in the Eighty Years' War around the turn of the 16th and 17th centuries as a four -wing complex. By marrying a Harff subsidiary, the facility came to the von Reuschenberg family, under which a new manor house was built in 1714. Other owners were the families of Peltzer and Cockerill. Berensberg Castle has belonged to the city of Aachen since 1910.
The Seepferdchenbrunnen is a fountain monument in Burtscheid based on a design by the Aachen architect Gerhard Thomalla, which was originally erected in 1956 in the rotunda of the Elisenbrunnen after its reconstruction in 1952/53. The bronze figures of the six seahorses standing upright around the fountain column were created by the Aachen sculptor Josef "Jupp" Zeller. The fountain bowl, created from a dark block of marble, comes from the stonemason's workshop of Ewald Mies, the brother of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. It has a diameter of 3.30 meters. After the fountain was removed from the Elisenbrunnen, it was erected in the 1970s at its current location on Burtscheider Kapellenstraße.
Tuchfabrik Aachen AG was one of the larger textile companies Aachens. It was first founded in 1859 by the entrepreneurs Alfred Ritz and Conrad Vogel in Aachen under the name "Ritz & Vogel" and in 1873 in a manufactured factory on the bank of the Beverbach in the Frankenberger Quarter, which was newly built according to plans by Otto Intze on Charlottenstrasse, which at the time still belonged to the neighboring town of Burtscheid, convicted. In 1887 the complex was taken over by the manufacturers Siegmund Sternau and Albert Süskind, who brought in their "Süskind & Sternau" cloth factory, founded in the 1870s, and converted the new overall company in "Tuchfabrik Aachen AG" in 1897.
10. Propsteikirche St. Kornelius
The St. Kornelius Church in Kornelimünster, in the district of Aachen, is a church in the Roman Catholic Church in the diocese of Aachen. The Church is dedicated to St. Cornelius, who was Pope 251 to 253. Originally it was the monastery church of the Kornelimünster Empire Abbey. Through the Christ relics it kept, it became the destination of numerous pilgrimages, especially during the Christ cruise of Cornelimünster, which takes place every seven years. After secularization in the Napoleonic period, she became the parish church of the parish of Kornelimünster. In addition, it remained a pilgrimage church and destination of the sanctuary that takes place every seven years.
11. Sankt Gregorius
The Church of St. Gregorius in Aachen-Steinebrück is a church of the "Catholic Parish of St. Gregor von Burtscheid", which was established on 1 January 2010 and is also administratively referred to as the "Community of Communities" (GdG) Aachen-Burtscheid. The church was built in the 1960s according to plans by the Cologne architect Stefan Leuer as the parish church of the Roman Catholic parish of St. Gregory of the same name and was consecrated on 16 June 1967 in honour of the canonized Pope Gregory the Great. In 2018, it was listed as a historical monument and its crypt was converted into the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the third of its kind in Aachen.
The so-called Varnenum is the excavation site of a Gallo-Roman temple district at Kornelimünster. It is about 300 meters east of the Stephanskirche on a plateau called "shield". It is a Roman temple district, the establishment and first construction period of which is scheduled at the time of Christ. The first documented excavations were carried out on the site in 1907, 1911, 1923 and 1924. Another excavation carried out in 1986 and 1987 were preceded by Magnnetometer prospersions of the RAB and a phosphate-analytical soil investigation, the drilling grid area of which included approx. 250,000 m² and thus extended very spacious around the old-tout area.
With a height of 239.3 metres, the Haarberg is the highest elevation in the Aachen district of Haaren and is part of the local recreation area of Haaren and Verlautenheide. At the highest point, a large cross, visible from afar, is erected, the Haaren Cross. In 1969, a chapel was built not far from the cross according to the plans of the Haaren architect Paul Stollmann, the Catholic Chapel of Peace. As part of the "Haarberg Ecology Project", the landscape around the Haarberg was carefully redesigned from 2004 to 2009. Path connections have been expanded and orchards and additional biotope areas have been created.
14. St. Johann Baptist
The former parish church of St. Johann Baptist in Burtscheid is a Roman Catholic church dedicated to St. John the Baptist and former abbey church of the Imperial Abbey of Burtscheid. Since 2010, it has been part of the "Catholic Parish of St. Gregor von Burtscheid", a large parish formed in the Diocese of Aachen as part of the parish structure reform implemented in 2008, which is named after the founder of the abbey, Abbot Gregor von Burtscheid, and which includes St. Johann-Baptist as well as the former parishes of St. Michael-Burtscheid and St. Apostles, St. Gregorius and Sacred Heart.
15. Friedhof Güldenplan
The city garden Aachen with the central and 193 m asl. NHN high Wingertsberg is a landscape architecturally designed urban park in Aachen. It is composed of the hospital garden, which was set up in 1852 and was transformed into a Kurpark from 1916 and the Farwickpark, which followed north and acquired since 1925, and the former Protestant cemetery Güldenplan, which was incorporated after 1945. The city garden has a total area of about 2.3 ha and is located in the area between Monheimsallee, Jülicher Straße, Robensstraße, Passstraße and Rolandstraße.
16. Theater Aachen
Theater Aachen is a theatre in Aachen, Germany. It is the principal venue in that city for operas, musical theatre and plays. It is the home of the Aachen Symphony Orchestra. The original project was by Johann Peter Cremer, later altered by Karl Friedrich Schinkel. Construction on the original theatre began in 1822 and it opened on 15 May 1825. A bomb attack on 14 July 1943 destroyed the first theatre, and the current structure was inaugurated on 23 December 1951 with a performance of Richard Wagner's Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg.
17. Alexianerkloster Aachen
The Alexian monastery Aachen is the parent house of the Order of the Alexian Brothers at the Alexian Trench in Aachen, whose first documentary mention dates back to 1391. The present building complex is composed of the Convention Building (Clemensbau) with St. Church of Alexius and the rear-mounted building tracts of the connected Alexian Hospital (Quirine). Clemensbau with the church was newly built in 1929 according to plans by the architect Wilhelm Pauen (1865–1949) and placed under monument protection in 1980.
18. kunsthaus nrw
The Kunsthaus North Rhine-Westphalia Kornelimünster shows exhibitions of young artists from North Rhine-Westphalia, Belgium and the Netherlands and the collection of promoting funding in the field of visual arts in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW). The Kunsthaus is administered to the Ministry of Family, Children, Youth, Culture and Sports in the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. The Kunsthaus is housed in the former Kornelimünster Reich Abbey in Aachen-Kornelimünster, in the residence of the abbey.
19. STAWAG Stadtwerke Aachen AG
Stadtwerke Aachen AG (STAWAG) is the municipal utility of the city of Aachen and offers services in the areas of gas, district heating, water and electricity. This includes the supply of gas, water, electricity and heat to the population of Aachen as well as the advice and provision of customer service for the use of energy in households and industry. The Group is a subsidiary of Energieungs- und Verkehrsgesellschaft Aachen mbH (E.V.A.), which also includes other subsidiaries (ASEAG, FACTUR Billing Solution).
The Aachen Landgraben is the name given to the fortifications along the almost 70 km long border of the former Aachen Empire. Individual sections can be documented as early as the 14th and 15th centuries, but it was not until the beginning of the 17th century that the construction of the Landwehr was completed and on 11 April 1611 Albrecht VII von Habsburg, the incumbent regent of the Spanish Netherlands in Brussels, contractually legitimized it with the aldermen and the city council in Aachen.
21. Heilige Dreifaltigkeit
The Trinity Chapel in Schleckheim, a village in the Aachen district of Kornelimünster/Walheim, is a Catholic church building. It was rebuilt in 1646 on the foundations of an older predecessor chapel and consecrated to the Holy Trinity and made listed in the 1990s. The chapel is owned by the independent chapel community Schleckheim, which is connected to the parish of St. Rochus in Oberforstbach and has been part of the parish network of GDG Aachen-Kornelimünster/Roetgen since 1976.
22. Komericher Mühle
The Komericher mill is a historic mill in the Aachen district of Brand, which has been used by several owners in different functions since its first mention in the 16th century. It is one of the former 21 mills in the Nature reserve Indetal and is located on Komericher Weg No. 42/44. It currently consists of the old Comerich farm built around 1800 and a building complex for the operation of the mill between 1885 and 1926, all of which are listed as an industrial monument.
23. Kalkofen Wolfspfad
The Walheim/Kornelimünster limestone plants are a number of historic furnaces, which are located mainly in the district of Kornelimünster/Walheim, located south of Aachen. They were used to extract limestone lime and were built between 1870 and 1924 and partially supplemented and modernized after the Second World War. But they had to be closed in the mid-1950s, as structural changes in the lime industry have no longer resulted in the operation of small single furnaces.
The building at the Fischmarkt in Aachen, known under the name Grashaus, is not only one of the oldest houses in the city, but the first Aachen town hall is also of historical importance. It was completed in 1267, but is probably on even older foundations from possibly Carolingian times. The grass house owes the name to the grass, a medieval village long, on which both executions and the folk festivals and supposedly also the funeral of the executed took place.
The Apollonia Chapel Eilendorf is a Roman Catholic place of worship in the "Oberdorf" of the Aachen district of Eilendorf. It was built in 1774 and is the only one of five chapels in the then independent district of Eilendorf to be preserved, making it the oldest sacred building in the village. The entire chapel complex has been a listed building since the 1980s and has been looked after by the "Förderverein zur Schutz der Apollonia-Kapelle e.V." since 2010.
26. Kapelle St. Bernhard
The St. Bernhard chapel is a Catholic church building in Friesenrath, a town in the Aachen district of Kornelimünster/Walheim. It was built in 1938/1939 according to plans by the Aachen architect Karl Schmitz and Bernhard von Clairvaux was consecrated and has been listed since 2003. The chapel community St. Bernhard Friesenrath is connected to the parish of St. Anna in Walheim and belongs to the parish association of GDG Aachen-Kornelimünster/Roetgen.
27. Kurpark Burtscheid
The Kurpark Burtscheid is a green area in the Aachen district of Burtscheid at the end of the 18th century. The Burtscheider Kurpark is the oldest park in Aachen and has been changed several times in the course of time. With the middle of the 20th century, over 15 artesian, which sprouts, sprang up within the spa park. There are several listed buildings on the park site, such as the translated Nuellens pavilion, the Fürstenbad and the former Neubad.
Chicken Dieb is a well-known monument by Berlin sculptor Hermann Joachim Pagels, which was unveiled on the Aachen Chicken Market in 1913. It consists of the bronze figure of a chicken dive mounted on a fountain shell made of shell. The figure shows the moment when the thief ascertains astonishingly that instead of having stolen a cock a crow that crows and thus reveals him. The scene embodied in the figure is, however, without a historical model.
29. Gut Melaten
The Melaten estate is a former manor in Aachen. The farm dates back to a medieval leprosorium, which was founded on the Via Regia leading to Maastricht. It served as a quarantine station for leprosy and leper in the period until 1550. The name derives from mal'ladre, the “disease of the Lazarus”. It is also known as Aachen's Ausstazigenhaus. The manor is a monument, the site is a geological and archaeological monument of the city of Aachen.
The Bilal Mosque in Aachen was built on the site of the Aachen Technical University in 1964 to 1971 and named after Bilal al-Habaschi. After the Wilmersdorfer Mosque in Berlin, the Fazle-Omar Mosque in Hamburg, the Nuur-Mosque in Frankfurt am Main and the Imam Ali Mosque in Hamburg The fourth mosque, which was built in Germany after World War II. The Bilal Mosque is considered a pioneer in relation to the interreligious dialogue.
31. Haus zum Horn
Haus Zum Horn is a listed residential building in Aachen, Germany. It takes its name from Wilhelm VII van Horn, the owner of the previous building and patron of the neighbouring Dominican monastery in Aachen. He was married to Johanna von Moers and they had a son, Jakob I, who donated a memorial plaque on his father's gravestone in the Dominican church of St. Paul and later converted to the Franciscans.
The Elisabethhalle is an urban indoor pool in Aachen, Elisabethstraße 10, not far from the Aachen Cathedral. It was built in Art Nouveau for a total of 900,000 marks from 1908 to 1911 and opened on July 17, 1911. The design came from the Aachen city architect Joseph Laurent. The Elisabethhalle is one of the few still preserved swimming pools from the Art Nouveau era, which are still in operation today.
33. Gartenhaus Mantels
The Mantels Garden House, also known as the Kerstenscher Pavillon, is a baroque garden pavilion designed by the Aachen master builder Johann Joseph Couven, today located on the south-eastern slope of the Lousberg. The garden house is one of the three surviving garden houses of Couven in Aachen, which also includes the Nuellens garden house and the Pastor garden house, which was demolished in 1888.
34. Herz Jesu
The Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, colloquially known as Frankenberg Cathedral or Öcher Sacre Coeur, was built between 1908 and 1910 as a neo-Romanesque stone basilica designed by architect Josef Kleesattel in the Frankenberg quarter in Aachen's Burtscheid district. The mosaic above the altar is the second largest in the diocese of Aachen after the one in Aachen Cathedral.
The Salvatorberg is the middle of the three “household mountains” of Aachen, at 229 meters high. The highest of these witnesses is Lousberg, the lowest of Wingertsberg. The Salvatorberg was named after the Salvator Chapel built on him in the 9th century and the Salvator Monastery, later also founded there, which was consecrated to Jesus Christ in his capacity as Salvator Mundi.
The Holy Trinity Church is the largest Protestant church in Aachen. It was built between 1897 and 1899 on the historic city boundary between Burtscheid, which was independent until 1897, and the city of Aachen and is a listed building. In 2006, it was abandoned as a parish church in the course of the redivision of the parish districts and has served as a youth church since 2015.
The Sandkaulpark is the second largest park within the Aachen Alleenring after the Elisengarten. It was one of the few inner-city areas created by the so-called alignment straightening after the war in Aachen. The residential buildings at the time, most of which had been damaged by bombs, were demolished. The park is located within the monument area of protection zone B.
38. Burg Frankenberg
The Frankenberg Castle is a castle in the Frankenberg area of Aachen-Mitte, itself a district of Aachen, Germany. Its name comes from the concept of a "Franke", which was a type of castle that did not owe fealty to any others. Of course, shortly after its construction, the lowland castle became a fief of a Graf, and later belonged to the Duchy of Jülich-Cleves-Berg.
The Vincenz Chapel in Niedeforstbach, a district of Aachen-Brand, is a Catholic church building that is connected to the parish of St. Donatus in Aachen-Brand and belongs to the parish association of the GdG Aachen/Forst/Brand. It was built in 1756 as an “earthquake chapel” and consecrated to St. Vincent Ferrer and placed under monument protection in the 1990s.
The Von-Halfern-Park is a park and arboretum in the southwest of Aachen on Lütticher Straße, towards Kelmis/Belgium, located directly and transitionally on the northern edge of the Aachen city forest. It was created in the style of an English landscape garden and in it there are trees and plants up to 200 years old, including from North America, Europe and Asia.
The Aachen Ostfriedhof is the oldest cemetery in the recent history of the city of Aachen, which was built in 1803 at the instigation of the French Municipality government. It is located in the east of the urban area and geographically belongs to the north district. The Ostfriedhof was listed on December 6, 1988 as one of the oldest examples of modern cemeteries.
42. Marienkapelle (Schneebergkapelle)
The Marienkapelle on the southwestern slope of the Schneeberg, commonly known as the Schneeberg Chapel, is a votive church consecrated to the Mother of God in 1963 above the Senserbach north of Vaals in the Aachen district of Laurensberg. It was built as a private chapel at the instigation of the farmer Wilhelm Maahsen (1900–1977) and is now a listed building.
43. Gut Bodenhof
The Gut Bodenhof, shortly called Bodenhof, was a manor with a representative manor house south of the then city of Aachen on the country road to Eupen. Until the 17th century, the estate was also known as a Laboenhof. Of the property, only the former main portal, some wall base and an arch bridge are preserved from the property today. These remains are listed.
44. DIGITAL CHURCH
St. Elisabeth's Church was built in 1907 as a Roman Catholic church in Aachen, Jülicher Straße 68. On April 24, 2016, the church was profaned, before the digitalHUB Aachen e.V. opened Germany's first coworking space in a nave here in July 2017. In addition, the rooms can be rented for open cultural or private events. The building is a listed building.
The Triton Fountain is a fountain monument originally erected in 1906–1910 in front of Aachen Central Station by the sculptor Carl Burger in Aachen, which was translocated to its current location in Kaiser-Friedrich-Allee in 1923. The fountain is also popularly known as Aquarius. In fact, it depicts Triton, a sea god in Greek mythology.
The Heißberg Cemetery is a cemetery inaugurated in 1862 in the then independent town of Burtscheid, which was incorporated into a district of Aachen in 1897. It is located on the corner of Heißbergstraße and Kapellenstraße No. 2, diagonally opposite the Burtscheider Ferberpark. The complex is a listed building in its entirety.
The Belvedere Water Tower, also known as the Aachen Rotating Tower and Belvedere Turning Tower, is a former 35 m high water tower in reinforced concrete construction on the Aachen Lousberg, which was built between 1956 and 1958 according to the plans of the then Aachen City Planning Officer and architect Wilhelm K. Fischer.
48. St. Konrad
St. Konrad is a Roman Catholic parish church in Vaalserquartier, a district of the city of Aachen in the Aachen city region in North Rhine-Westphalia. It was built between 1948 and 1951 after plans by Wilhelm Jacobs. The parish also includes the St. Philipp Neri, Melaten, Paffenbroich, Seffent and Gaßmühle branch church.
The congress monument is a monument reminiscent of the monarch congress in Aachen, which was built in the city garden Aachen in 1928, which was built according to the design of the agricultural inspector Johann Peter Cremer from 1822 and Schinkels/Cremers from 1837 1836–1844 and dismantled in the city garden in 1928.
Holy Cross is a town church in Aachen, Germany. It was consecrated in 1902 and is located in Pontviertel, a north-facing city area on Pontstraße, near the former town gate of Ponttor. It is located in the immediate vicinity of the buildings of the Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule (RWTH).
51. Haus des Hörens
The former town hall of Burtscheid, later a new bathroom and house of the guest, now the house of hearing in the Burtscheid district of Aachen was built in 1823 by the master builder Wilhelm Christian in the classicist style and is the only preserved testimony of bath architecture in Dammstrasse.
52. Haus Monheim
The Monheim house is a listed building in the old town of Aachen. It was a residential and commercial building of the Monheim family of pharmacists and is one of Jakob Couven's still preserved works in Aachen. Today it houses the Couven Museum and is entered in the Aachen monument as a monument.
53. Sankt Germanus
The Catholic parish church of St. Germanus is a listed church building in Haaren, a district of the city of Aachen in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Since 2009 it has belonged to the parish of Christ our Brother of the Catholic parish of Aachen-Nord and is dedicated to Germanus of Auxerre.
54. Großes Haus von Aachen
The Great House of Aachen is probably the oldest surviving residential building in the city of Aachen. Its significance as an architectural monument lies in the fact that it survived the Aachen city fire of 1656 largely undamaged. The building now houses the International Newspaper Museum.
55. Jüdischer Friedhof Kornelimünster
The Jewish Cemetery Kornelimünster is a cemetery in the district of Kornelimünster in the city of Aachen in the city region of Aachen (North Rhine-Westphalia). The 584-square-meter cemetery is located on Schildchenweg, opposite the municipal cemetery and near the church of St. Stephen.
56. Aachener Tierpark Euregiozoo
The Aachen Zoo Euregiozoo is an 8.9-hectare zoo located between the districts of Forst and Beverau in Aachen's "Drimborner Wäldchen", which is named after the former family of the mayors Hermann von Dremborn and Johann von Drimborn. The entrance is located in Obere Drimbornstraße.
57. Burtscheider Viadukt
The Burtscheider Viaduct was built between 1838 and 1840 as the first major German railway viaduct by the Rhenish Railway Company and is one of the oldest railway bridges still in use in Germany. It is located in front of Aachen Central Station on the Cologne–Aachen railway.
58. Pelzerturm | Steinreste
The fur tower was located on the Steineknipp mountain crest, which is the highest point of the Aachen city forest at 358 m above sea level. The original construction consisted of mighty tree trunks and was built in 1886 at the suggestion of the chief forester Franz Oster.
59. Sankt Hubertus
The Roman Catholic Church of St. Hubert is located in the Aachen district of Lautenheide in the Haaren district and belongs to the parish of Christ our brother. Today's church building goes back to 1954. The church is consecrated in honor of St. Hubertus von Liège.
St. Salvator on the Salvatorberg in Aachen is a church building in the Roman Catholic Church. The current construction was completed in 1886. Previous buildings are first mentioned around 840 and at the latest by 870 Jesus Christ in his capacity as Salvator Mundi.
The Theresienkirche is a Catholic church in Aachen, Germany. It is located in the northeastern part of the city centre and borders on the building areas of the RWTH Aachen University. It is owned by the state of North Rhine-Westphalia as a special property.
The Büchelpalais is a residential and commercial building in Aachen. It was built in the style of the Neorenaissance in 1889 and stands on the Büchel on the corner of Rethelstrasse. The building is entered as a monument in the list of monuments in Aachen.
63. Ludwig Forum für Internationale Kunst
The Ludwig Forum for International Art is a museum for modern art in Aachen. It is based on the Ludwig Collection, which was brought together by the Aachen collector couple Irene and Peter Ludwig, and is supported by the Peter and Irene Ludwig Foundation.
The Friedenskapelle is a church building of the Roman Catholic Church in Haaren, today a district of Aachen. It is located on the Haarberg and belongs to the Catholic parish of Aachen Nord, Christ our Brother. It has been a listed building since 2009.
The Königsmühle Walheim was a watermill at Iterbach in Aachen-Walheim. She was in 15. or The 16th century was built and closed in 1928. The remaining and repeatedly converted former mill buildings were placed under monument protection in the 1980s.
The Marienturm was a defensive tower of the outer city wall of the city of Aachen, built between 1300 and 1350. It is one of the few surviving towers of the former city fortifications and is one of the architectural monuments of the city of Aachen.
67. Sankt Maria Schmerzhafte Mutter
St. Maria painful mother is the Roman Catholic parish church of the Hahn district in the Kornelimünster/Walheim district of the city of Aachen in North Rhine-Westphalia. The Friesenrath branch with the St. Bernhard chapel belongs to the parish.
The Thermalbrunnen Burtscheid is in the Burtscheid district of Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia at the Burtscheider Markt and is therefore also known as a market fountain. Since it is a public fountain, thermal water can be removed free of charge.
69. K.D. St.V. Franconia Aachen
70. Neues Kurhaus
The new Kurhaus in Aachen, built from 1914 to 1916, is a neoclassical building in Aachen. The Kurhaus is located on the edge of the Aachen city garden to Monheimallee and has the situation designation Monheimsallee 44. The building is listed.
The doll fountain stands in Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia, on the Krämerstraße, the connection between the Cathedral and the Town Hall. He was founded by the Aachener Bank and created by the Aachener sculptor Bonifatius Stirnberg in 1975.
72. Gartenhaus Nuellens
The Nuellens Garden House, also known as the Nuellens Pavilion, is a baroque garden pavilion designed by the Aachen architect Johann Joseph Couven in 1740. Today it is located on the edge of the Burtscheider Kurpark and is a listed building.
73. Grabeskirche St. Josef
The war memorial Eilendorf on Marienstraße in the Aachen district of Eilendorf is a memory facility built in 1927 according to plans by the sculptor Fritz Neumann for the citizens of the town died in the First World War.
75. St. Anna
St. Anna is a Roman Catholic parish church in Walheim, a district of the city of Aachen in the Aachen city region in North Rhine-Westphalia. It was built between 1859 and 1861 according to plans by Johann Peter Cremer.
76. Torbogen des Klosterather Hofs
The Klosterrather Hof, also known as the Klosterrather Refugium or Kirchrather Hof, was a former monastery courtyard and later residential and manufacturing complex in Eilfschornsteinstraße in Aachen, Germany.
The Elisengarten is a small park in downtown Aachen on the rear side of the Elisenbrunnen. The Elisengarten was created in 1852 to 1854 according to plans by the Prussian garden master Peter Joseph Lenné.
79. Welsche Mühle
The Welsche Mühle is a mill in Aachen with a super -sloken water wheel. It is located in the Haaren district and is fed by the water of the Haarbach. It is the only operational mill in the Aachen region.
80. St. Rochus
St. Rochus is a Roman Catholic parish church in Oberforstbach, a district of Aachen in the Aachen city region in North Rhine-Westphalia. It was built between 1960 and 1962 according to Peter Salm plans.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.