Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Paris:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Want a guided Free Walking Tour?
Here you can book guided Free Walking Tours in Paris:Guided Free Walking Tours on GuruWalk*
Here you can find interesting sights in Paris, France. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 100 sights are available in Paris, France.List of cities in France Sightseeing Tours in Paris
1. Père Lachaise CemeteryBook Ticket*
Père Lachaise Cemetery is the largest cemetery in Paris, France. With more than 3. 5 million visitors annually, it is the most visited necropolis in the world. Notable figures in the arts buried at Père Lachaise include Michel Ney, Frédéric Chopin, Émile Waldteufel, Édith Piaf, Marcel Proust, Georges Méliès, Marcel Marceau, Sarah Bernhardt, Oscar Wilde, J. R. D. Tata, Jim Morrison and Sir Richard Wallace.
2. Arch of TriumphBook Free Tour*
The Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile is one of the most famous monuments in Paris, France, standing at the western end of the Champs-Élysées at the centre of Place Charles de Gaulle, formerly named Place de l'Étoile—the étoile or "star" of the juncture formed by its twelve radiating avenues. The location of the arc and the plaza is shared between three arrondissements, 16th, 17th (north), and 8th (east). The Arc de Triomphe honours those who fought and died for France in the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars, with the names of all French victories and generals inscribed on its inner and outer surfaces. Beneath its vault lies the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier from World War I.
3. Comédie FrançaiseBook Free Tour*
The Comédie-Française or Théâtre-Français is one of the few state theatres in France. Founded in 1680, it is the oldest active theatre company in the world. Established as a French state-controlled entity in 1995, it is the only state theatre in France to have its own permanent troupe of actors. The company's primary venue is the Salle Richelieu, which is a part of the Palais-Royal complex and located at 2, Rue de Richelieu on Place André-Malraux in the 1st arrondissement of Paris.
4. Cathedral of Notre DameBook Free Tour*
Notre-Dame de Paris, referred to simply as Notre-Dame, is a medieval Catholic cathedral on the Île de la Cité, in the 4th arrondissement of Paris. The cathedral, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, is considered one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture. Several of its attributes set it apart from the earlier Romanesque style, particularly its pioneering use of the rib vault and flying buttress, its enormous and colourful rose windows, and the naturalism and abundance of its sculptural decoration. Notre Dame also stands out for its musical components, notably its three pipe organs and its immense church bells.
5. Catacombs of ParisBook Free Tour*
The Catacombs of Paris are underground ossuaries in Paris, France, which hold the remains of more than six million people in a small part of a tunnel network built to consolidate Paris's ancient stone quarries. Extending south from the Barrière d'Enfer former city gate, this ossuary was created as part of the effort to eliminate the city's overflowing cemeteries. Preparation work began shortly after a 1774 series of basement wall collapses around the Holy Innocents' Cemetery added a sense of urgency to the cemetery-eliminating measure, and from 1786, nightly processions of covered wagons transferred remains from most of Paris's cemeteries to a mine shaft opened near the Rue de la Tombe-Issoire.
6. Arc de Triomphe du CarrouselBook Free Tour*
The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel is a triumphal arch in Paris, located in the Place du Carrousel. It is an example of Neoclassical architecture in the Corinthian order. It was built between 1806 and 1808 to commemorate Napoleon's military victories in the Wars of the Third and Fourth Coalitions. The Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, at the far end of the Champs Élysées, was designed in the same year; it is about twice the size and was not completed until 1836.
7. Cathédrale Saint-Alexandre-Nevsky
The Alexander Nevsky Cathedral is a Russian Orthodox cathedral church located at 12 rue Daru in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It was established and consecrated in 1861, making it the first Russian Orthodox place of worship in France. It is the see of the Patriarchal Exarchate for Orthodox Parishes of Russian Tradition in Western Europe, recently transferred to the jurisdiction of the Patriarchate of Moscow. It was built in part through a gift of 200,000 francs from Tsar Alexander II. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral had not been aligned with the Patriarch of Moscow since the Russian Revolution. But as of 14 September 2019 the jurisdiction of the parish community of the cathedral was transferred to the Patriarchate of Moscow. The cathedral should not be confused with Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral, which is a provincial cathedral of the Patriarchal Exarchate in Western Europe . The closest métro station is Courcelles
8. Château de Vincennes
The Château de Vincennes is a former fortress and royal residence next to the town of Vincennes, on the eastern edge of Paris, alongside the Bois de Vincennes. It was largely built between 1361 and 1369, and was a preferred residence, after the Palais de la Cité, of French Kings in the 14th to 16th century. It is particularly known for its "donjon" or keep, a fortified central tower, the tallest in Europe, built in the 14th century, and for the chapel, Sainte-Chapelle de Vincennes, begun in 1379 but not completed until 1552, which is an exceptional example of Flamboyant Gothic architecture. Because of its fortifications, the château was often used as a royal sanctuary in times of trouble, and later as a prison and military headquarters. The chapel was listed as an historic monument in 1853, and the keep was listed in 1913. Most of the building is now open to the public.
9. Architecture and Heritage City Museum
The Cité de l'architecture et du patrimoine is a museum of architecture and monumental sculpture located in the Palais de Chaillot (Trocadéro), in Paris, France. Its permanent collection is also known as Musée national des monuments français. It was established in 1879 by Eugène Viollet-le-Duc. The museum was renovated in 2007 and covers 9,000 square meters of gallery space. Alongside temporary exhibitions, it is made of three permanent exhibits :Galerie des moulages: casts of monumental French architecture from the 12th to the 18th centuries, such as portals of cathedrals. Galerie des peintures murales et des vitraux: copies of murals and stained glasses from French Romanesque and Gothic churches. Galerie moderne et contemporaine: models of French and international architecture from 1850 to the present day.
10. Édicule Guimard
Between 1900 and 1913, Hector Guimard was responsible for the first generation of entrances to the underground stations of the Paris Métro. His Art Nouveau designs in cast iron and glass dating mostly to 1900, and the associated lettering that he also designed, created what became known as the Métro style and popularized Art Nouveau. However, arbiters of style were scandalized and the public was also less enamored of his more elaborate entrances. In 1904 his design for the Opéra station at Place de l'Opéra was rejected and his association with the Métro ended; many of his station entrances have been demolished, including all three of the pavilion type. Those that remain are now all protected historical monuments, one has been reconstituted, and some originals and replicas also survive outside France.
11. Maison Fond
Maison fond is a work by Leandro Erlich located on the forecourt of the Gare du Nord, in the 10th arrondissement of Paris, and inaugurated on October 3, 2015 as part of the Nuit blanche. 6.90 m high, it represents a Parisian building that seems to be melting and aims to raise awareness among passers-by about the effects of global warming and to lead to a reflection on the legacy bequeathed to future generations, the title is a play on words with "my children". The work is inspired by a Directoire-style building located rue de Grenelle. La Maison Fond was dismantled on Tuesday, March 16, 2021. The reason given was the poor condition of the structure. The dismantling was carried out in consultation with Leandro Erlich.
12. Colonne Vendôme
The Place Vendôme, earlier known as Place Louis-le-Grand, and also as Place Internationale, is a square in the 1st arrondissement of Paris, France, located to the north of the Tuileries Gardens and east of the Église de la Madeleine. It is the starting point of the Rue de la Paix. Its regular architecture by Jules Hardouin-Mansart and pedimented screens canted across the corners give the rectangular Place Vendôme the aspect of an octagon. The original Vendôme Column at the centre of the square was erected by Napoleon I to commemorate the Battle of Austerlitz; it was torn down on 16 May 1871, by decree of the Paris Commune, but subsequently re-erected and remains a prominent feature on the square today.
13. Philharmonie de Paris
The Philharmonie de Paris is a complex of concert halls in Paris, France. The buildings also house exhibition spaces and rehearsal rooms. The main buildings are all located in the Parc de la Villette at the northeastern edge of Paris in the 19th arrondissement. At the core of this set of spaces is the symphonic concert hall of 2,400 seats designed by Jean Nouvel and opened in January 2015. Its construction had been postponed for about twenty years to complete the current musical institution la Cité de la Musique designed by Christian de Portzamparc and opened in 1995. Mainly dedicated to symphonic concerts, the Philharmonie de Paris also present other forms of music such as jazz and world music.
14. Jardin du Luxembourg
The Jardin du Luxembourg, known in English as the Luxembourg Garden, colloquially referred to as the Jardin du Sénat, is located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, France. Creation of the garden began in 1612 when Marie de' Medici, the widow of King Henry IV, constructed the Luxembourg Palace as her new residence. The garden today is owned by the French Senate, which meets in the Palace. It covers 23 hectares and is known for its lawns, tree-lined promenades, tennis courts, flowerbeds, model sailboats on its octagonal Grand Bassin, as well as picturesque Medici Fountain, built in 1620. The name Luxembourg comes from the Latin Mons Lucotitius, the name of the hill where the garden is located.
15. Basilique Notre-Dame-des-Victoires
Located at 6, rue Notre-Dame-des-Victoires, in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris, The Basilica of Notre-Dame-des-Victoires is one of ten minor basilicas located in the Île-de-France region of France. It was begun as an Abbey church, and constructed between 1629 and 1740 in the French classical style. Its name was given by King Louis XIII, who dedicated it to his victory over the Protestants at La Rochelle in 1628 during the French Wars of Religion. Notre-Dame-des-Victoires is famous for the ex voto offerings left there by the faithful. Over 37,000 devotional plaques, silver and gold hearts, as well as military decorations, have been left at the basilica. The closest Métro station is 'Bourse'.
16. Archives Nationales
The National Archives hold the archives of the central bodies of the French State, with the exception of the collections of the Ministry of the Armed Forces, the Ministry of Economy and Finance and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They were created by decree of the Constituent Assembly in 1790. This service with national competence depends on the Ministry of Cultural Affairs since the creation of the latter in 1959. The headquarters of the Archives is located in Pierrefitte-sur-Seine but some funds are kept in Paris and Fontainebleau. These three sites preserve a total of 373 linear km of archives documenting the history of France from the seventh century to the present day.
17. Trade Fair Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
The Parc des Expositions de la Porte de Versailles, or Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, is the largest exhibition centre in France. It is located on the territories of the Saint-Lambert district of the 15th arrondissement of Paris and the municipalities of Issy-les-Moulineaux and Vanves, in the Hauts-de-Seine. It extends on both sides of the ring road, from the Porte d'Issy, in the west, to the Porte de la Plaine, in the east, the main entrance being located Place de la Porte-de-Versailles, at the junction of two of the boulevards des Maréchaux: Lefebvre and Victor. The exhibition centre has been managed by Viparis since 1987.
18. Ancienne porcelainerie de Clignancourt
Clignancourt porcelain, also "Porcelaine de Monsieur" or Manufacture de Monsieur, was a type of French hard-paste porcelain, bought or established by the architect Pierre Deruelle in 1767. The factory remains at what was then Rue de Clignancourt, Montmartre, Paris; it may have already been in production at that point. In January 1775 it was placed under the protection of Monsieur, the King's brother, and future Louis XVIII. The porcelain was then called Porcelaine de Monsieur. The factory was transferred to Deruelle's son-in-law in 1790, and production had presumably ceased by the time the building was sold in 1791.
19. Bourse de Commerce — Pinault Collection
The Bourse de commerce is a building in Paris, originally used as a place to negotiate the trade of grain and other commodities, and used to provide services to businesses by the Paris Chamber of Commerce during the latter part of the 20th century. It has its origins in a circular wheat exchange built in 1763–67, with an open-air interior court that was later capped by a wooden dome replaced in 1811 with a copper one. In a major reconstruction in 1888–89 much of the structure was replaced, although the layout remained the same and the dome was retained albeit adding glass and a mounted canvas.
20. Fontaine Wallace
Wallace Fountains are public drinking fountains named after, financed by and roughly designed by Sir Richard Wallace. The final design and sculpture is by Wallace's friend Charles-Auguste Lebourg. They are large cast-iron sculptures scattered throughout the city of Paris, France, mainly along the most-frequented sidewalks. A great aesthetic success, they are recognized worldwide as one of the symbols of Paris. A Wallace Fountain can be seen outside the Wallace Collection in London, the gallery that houses the works of art collected by Sir Richard Wallace and the first four Marquesses of Hertford.
21. Monument commémoratif de la campagne de Tunisie 1942-1943
The Tunisian campaign was a series of battles that took place in Tunisia during the North African campaign of the Second World War, between Axis and Allied forces from 17 November 1942 to 13 May 1943. The Allies consisted of British Imperial Forces, including a Greek contingent, with American and French corps. The battle opened with initial success by the German and Italian forces but the massive supply interdiction efforts led to the decisive defeat of the Axis. Over 250,000 German and Italian troops were taken as prisoners of war, including most of the Afrika Korps.
22. Fontaine Maubuée
The Fontaine Maubuée is an 18th-century water fountain located at the corner of rue Saint-Martin and rue Venise in the 4th arrondissement of Paris. The fountain was originally at the corner of the rue Saint-Martin and the rue Maubuée. The site was originally occupied by one of the oldest fountains in Paris, which had been built in 1392 by King Charles VI of France. The name of the fountain referred to the either the bad vapors or the bad washing, because of the poor quality of the water coming to the fountain from the springs of Belleville.
23. Galeries de Paléontologie et d'Anatomie comparée
The Gallery of Paleontology and Comparative Anatomy, or plural the galleries of Comparative Anatomy and Paleontology, is one of the galleries of the National Museum of Natural History (MNHN). The Museum's galleries are buildings that are museums in themselves and each specializes in a specific area of natural history. The Gallery of Paleontology and Comparative Anatomy is located in the Jardin des Plantes, in Paris, at the beginning of the rue Buffon, near the Gare d'Austerlitz, near the Place Valhubert.
24. Le Cent Quatre
Centquatre, a public agency of Paris Cultural Cooperation, opened on 11 October 2008 at the site of the former municipal funeral home at 104 Aubervilliers Street, 19th District of Paris. When it was launched, low attendance, coupled with massive subsidies from the city of Paris, caused mixed controversy in the press. Since the 2010 management change and the arrival of Jose-Manuel Gonsalves, the site has seen a significant increase in visitors and has become an important cultural site in northern Paris.
25. Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades
The Necker–Enfants Malades Hospital is a French teaching hospital in the 15th arrondissement of Paris. It is a hospital of the Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris group and is affiliated to the University of Paris Descartes. Necker–Enfants Malades Hospital was created in 1920 by the merger of Necker Hospital, which was founded in 1778 by Suzanne Necker, with the physically contiguous Sick Children's Hospital, the oldest children's hospital in the Western world, founded in 1801.
26. Fontaine du Palmier
The Fontaine du Palmier (1806-1808) or Fontaine de la Victoire is a monumental fountain located in the Place du Châtelet, between the Théâtre du Châtelet and the Théâtre de la Ville, in the First Arrondissement of Paris. It was designed to provide fresh drinking water to the population of the neighborhood and to commemorate the victories of Napoleon Bonaparte. It is the largest fountain built during Napoleon's reign still in existence. The closest métro station is Châtelet
27. Fontaine du Fellah
The Fontaine du Fellah, also known as the Egyptian Fountain, located at 52 rue de Sèvres in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, next to the entrance of the Vaneau metro station, was built in 1806 during the rule of Napoleon Bonaparte, in the neo-Egyptian style inspired by Napoleon's Egyptian campaign. It is the work of architect François-Jean Bralle and sculptor Pierre-Nicolas Beauvallet. It has been listed since 1977 as a monument historique by the French Ministry of Culture.
28. American Cathedral in Paris
The American Cathedral in Paris, formally known as the Cathedral Church of the Holy Trinity, is one of the oldest English-speaking churches in Paris. It is the gathering church for the Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe, and is part of the worldwide Anglican Communion. The church is located in central Paris between the Champs-Elysées and the River Seine at 23 avenue George V in the 8th arrondissement. The closest métro stations are Alma – Marceau and George V .
29. Hôtel de Beauharnais
The Hôtel Beauharnais is a historic hôtel particulier, a type of large French townhouse, in the 7th arrondissement of Paris. It was designed by architect Germain Boffrand. Its construction was completed in 1714. By 1803, the structure was purchased by Eugène de Beauharnais, who had it rebuilt in an Empire style. It has been listed as an official historical monument since July 25, 1951. Today it serves as the official residence of the German Ambassador to France.
30. Marly horses
The Marly Horses are two 1743–1745 Carrara marble sculpted groups by Guillaume Coustou, showing two rearing horses with their groom. They were commissioned by Louis XV of France for the trough at the entrance to the grounds of his château de Marly. Coustou's last works, they were intended to replace two other sculpted groups, Mercury on Pegasus and Pegasus, Renown of Horses, both by Antoine Coysevox, which had been removed to the Tuileries Gardens in 1719.
31. Musée de la Poste
The Musée de La Poste is the La Poste Group's corporate museum dedicated to postal history and French philately. Opened in 1946, it has had two sites in Paris. The current museum has been located at 34, boulevard de Vaugirard since 1973. Its collections have the label Museum of France under the supervision of the Ministry of Culture. The museum closed its doors in 2015 for a complete architectural and museum restructuring. It reopened on November 23, 2019.
32. Sainte-Chapelle de Vincennes
The Sainte-Chapelle de Vincennes is a Gothic royal chapel within the fortifications of the Château de Vincennes on the east edge of Paris, France. It was inspired by the Sainte-Chapelle, the royal chapel within the Palais de la Cité in Paris. It was begun in 1379 by Charles V of France to house relics of the Passion of Christ. It is no longer used as a church, and is now a French historical monument operated by the Centre des monuments nationaux.
33. Institut d'Art et d'Archéologie
The Institut d'Art et d'Archéologie is a building at 3 rue Michelet in Paris, built for the educational institution of the same name. It was initially designed in 1920 in a unique eclectic style by architect Paul Bigot, and completed in 1932. It has been dubbed "the most curious building in Paris". The building is currently occupied by the École d'Histoire de l’Art et d'Archéologie, a department of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University.
34. Plaque commémorative de l'assassinat de Jean Jaurès
The assassination of Jean Jaurßs took place at 9:40 p.m. on Friday, 31 July 1914, while he was dining at the Caf é du Croissant restaurant in the Rue Montmartre in Paris' second district, in the heart of the Crescent Republic, not far from the headquarters of his newspaper L 'Humanit é. He was shot twice: a bullet pierced his skull, and the other bullet was hidden in a woodwork. The famous politician collapsed and was fatally injured.
35. Marché de La Chapelle
The market of La Chapelle, also called the Olive Market, named after the rue de l'Olive which runs along it, is a covered market located in the district of La Chapelle of the 18th arrondissement of Paris. The hall, which houses permanent food shops, was built from 1883 to 1885 by Auguste-Joseph Magne following the example of the central halls of Paris due to Baltard. It has been listed as a historical monument since 8 March 1982.
36. Centre Pompidou
The Centre Pompidou, more fully the Centre national d'art et de culture Georges-Pompidou, also known as the Pompidou Centre in English, is a complex building in the Beaubourg area of the 4th arrondissement of Paris, near Les Halles, rue Montorgueil, and the Marais. It was designed in the style of high-tech architecture by the architectural team of Richard Rogers, Su Rogers, Renzo Piano, along with Gianfranco Franchini.
37. Carrières des Capucins
The Capuchin quarries are former underground quarries of building stone (limestone) exploited between the twelfth and seventeenth centuries, located under the 14th arrondissement, 13th arrondissement and 5th arrondissement of Paris, under the Cochin Hospital, part of the boulevard de Port-Royal, and the rue de la Santé. They are maintained and enhanced by a non-profit association, in the form of a museum.
38. Jardin des Plantes
The Jardin des plantes, also known as the Jardin des plantes de Paris when distinguished from other jardins des plantes in other cities, is the main botanical garden in France. The term Jardin des plantes is the official name in the present day, but it is in fact an elliptical form of Jardin royal des plantes médicinales, which is related to the original purpose of the garden back in the 17th century.
39. Pavillon Baltard
Pavillon Baltard is a concert hall located in Nogent-sur-Marne, France. The structure, which was built in the 1850s by French architect Victor Baltard, was originally located in the heart of Paris before being moved to its current location in 1974. It was classified a historic monument in 1982. Notable artists to have performed at the venue include ZZ Top, Bob Marley, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy and UFO.
40. Field of Mars
The Champ de Mars is a large public greenspace in Paris, France, located in the seventh arrondissement, between the Eiffel Tower to the northwest and the École Militaire to the southeast. The park is named after the Campus Martius in Rome, a tribute to the Roman god of war. The name alludes to the fact that the lawns here were formerly used as drilling and marching grounds by the French military.
41. Fontaine des Innocents
The Fontaine des Innocents is a monumental public fountain located on the place Joachim-du-Bellay in the Les Halles district in the 1st arrondissement of Paris, France. Originally called the Fountain of the Nymphs, it was constructed between 1547 and 1550 by architect Pierre Lescot and sculptor Jean Goujon in the new style of the French Renaissance. It is the oldest monumental fountain in Paris.
42. Crypte Archéologique du Parvis Notre-Dame
The archaeological crypt of the Ile de la Cité is a museum of the City of Paris, located just under the forecourt of Notre-Dame Cathedral, in the Notre-Dame district of the 4th arrondissement. The site presents archaeological remains from antiquity to the nineteenth century, discovered during excavations carried out in the years 1960-1970, before the construction of an underground car park.
43. July Column
The July Column is a monumental column in Paris commemorating the Revolution of 1830. It stands in the center of the Place de la Bastille and celebrates the Trois Glorieuses — the 'three glorious' days of 27–29 July 1830 that saw the fall of Charles X, King of France, and the commencement of the "July Monarchy" of Louis-Philippe, King of the French. It was built between 1835 and 1840.
44. Gallery of Mineralogy and Geology
The Mineralogy and Geology Gallery is a facility of the National Museum of Natural History. It is an ERP, labeled as "French Museum", located in the Botanical Garden in Paris. It has collected about 770,000 specimens, including samples of rocks, minerals, crystals, precious stones, meteorites and related artworks. This is one of the oldest and most prestigious collections in the world.
45. Fontaine des Quatre-Parties-du-Monde
The Fontaine de l'Observatoire is a monumental fountain located in the Jardin Marco Polo, south of the Jardin du Luxembourg in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, with sculpture by Jean-Baptiste Carpeaux. It was dedicated in 1874. It is also known as the Fontaine des Quatre-Parties-du-Monde, for the four parts of the world embodied by its female figures, or simply the Fontaine Carpeaux.
46. Charlemagne et ses leudes
Charlemagne et ses Leudes, generally translated as Charlemagne and His Guards or Charlemagne and His Paladins, is a monumental bronze statue situated on the plaza (parvis) in front of Notre-Dame, in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, France. A joint work by the brothers Louis Rochet (1813-1878) and Charles Rochet (1815-1900), it was cast at the art foundry Fonderie Thiébaut Frères.
47. Parc de la Butte du Chapeau Rouge
The Parc de la Butte-du-Chapeau-Rouge formerly known as the Square de la Butte-du-Chapeau-Rouge, is a public park in the 19th arrondissement of Paris, which was created in 1939. It is an example of 1930s modernist park design, and contains a fountain and works of sculpture from the Exposition Internationale des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne (1937) held at the Trocadéro.
48. Institut Dentaire et de Stomatologie de la Ville de Paris
The George-Eastman Dental Institute is a dental medical center located at 11 rue George-Eastman in the 13th arrondissement of Paris, along the Parc de Choisy. Built on the plans of Édouard Crevel in the 1930s thanks to a donation from the American industrialist George Eastman, it is characterized by its red brick walls decorated with monumental sculptures by Carlo Sarrabezolles.
49. Chapelle Saint-Yves
The Chapelle Saint-Yves is a Catholic chapel erected in the center of the City of Remembrance, in the fourteenth arrondissement of Paris. It was built in 1925, on the initiative of Father Alfred Keller, to pay tribute to the victims of the First World War. Mainly known for its frescoes painted by George Desvallières, it has been classified as a "historic monument" since 1996.
50. National Assembly
The National Assembly is the lower house of the bicameral French Parliament under the Fifth Republic, the upper house being the Senate. The National Assembly's legislators are known as députés, meaning "delegate" or "envoy" in English; etymologically, it is a cognate of the English word deputy, which is the standard term for legislators in many parliamentary systems).
51. Casino de Paris
The Casino de Paris, located at 16, rue de Clichy, in the 9th arrondissement, is one of the well known music halls of Paris, with a history dating back to the 18th century. Contrary to what the name might suggest, it is a performance venue, not a gambling house. The closest métro/RER stations are Liège, Trinité – d'Estienne d'Orves, and Haussmann – Saint-Lazare.
52. Musée National de l'Histoire de l'Immigration
The Museum of Immigration History is a French museum located in the east of Paris. It opened to the public in October 2007 and was officially unveiled by President Francois Hollande on December 15, 2014, seven years after it opened. It is part of the public body Palais de la Porte Dor é e, which replaced the National Historic City of Immigrants (CNHI) in January 2012.
The pyramid of the Bois de Vincennes, also called obelisk of Louis XV or obelisk of the polygon or pyramid of the polygon because of the proximity of the shooting polygon, is an obelisk erected in 1731 in the center of the Bois de Vincennes, currently in the 12th arrondissement of Paris, to mark its reforestation by Louis XV, and to ensure an orientation function.
54. Musée des Années 30
The Musée des Années Trente is a municipal museum specializing in the fine arts, decorative arts, and industrial arts of the 1930s. It is located in the Espace Landowski at 28, Avenue André-Morizet, Boulogne-Billancourt, a western suburb of Paris, France. It is open daily except Mondays and holidays. The closest Paris Métro station is Marcel Sembat on Line 9.
55. Bibliothèque-Musée de l'Opéra
The Bibliothèque-Musée de l'Opéra National de Paris is a library and museum of the Paris Opera and is located in the 9th arrondissement at 8 rue Scribe, Paris, France. It is no longer managed by the Opera, but instead is part of the Music Department of the National Library of France. The Paris Opera Library-Museum is open daily; an admission fee is charged.
56. Hôtel Guimard
Hôtel Guimard is an Art Nouveau town house built in 1909–1912 by Hector Guimard for use as his home and architectural studio, with a studio for his wife, the painter Adeline Oppenheim Guimard. It is considered one of the best surviving examples of his mature style. The house is located at 122 Avenue Mozart in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, France.
57. Cirque d'Hiver
The Cirque d'hiver de Paris, often referred to simply as the Cirque d'Hiver, is a concert hall located at 110 rue Amelot in the 11th arrondissement of Paris. Built in 1852 by the architect Jacques Hittorff, it was successively called "Cirque Napoléon" and then "Cirque National". It has been listed as a historical monument since February 10, 1975.
58. Église Luthérienne des Billettes
The Cloister and Church of Billettes is a Lutheran Protestant parish located at 24, rue des Archives in the 4th arrondissement of Paris. It is part of the United Protestant Church of France. The current church and the façade to the right of the portal were built in 1754-1758 according to the project of Jacques Hardouin-Mansart de Sagonne.
59. Église Notre-Dame des Pauvres
Notre-Dame-des-Pauvres Church is a Roman Catholic church located on Boulevard Gallieni in Issy-les-Moulineaux. Built during the 1950s, it is remarkable for its modern architecture recognized by the Salon d'Art Sacré of 1953, and for the originality of its many stained glass windows by the Russian painter and master glassmaker Léon Zack.
60. Basilique Sainte-Jeanne-d’Arc
The Saint Joan of Arc Basilica is located on the Rue de Torcy and the Rue de la Chapelle in the quartier de la Chapelle of the 18th arrondissement of Paris. Its design was the subject of a contentious design competetition. The winning, partially completed design was eventually scrapped in favor of a more modest modernist design.
61. Cathédrale de la Sainte-Trinité
Holy Trinity Cathedral and The Russian Orthodox Spiritual and Cultural Center is a complex that consists of 4 buildings in Paris, France: the Cultural Center found on Quai Branly, an educational complex in University Street, an administrative building in Rapp Street and the Holy Trinity Cathedral of the Russian Orthodox Church.
62. Cité de la Musique - Philarmonie de Paris
Cit é de la Musique is a public institution in Paris designed by architect Christian de Portzamparc and completed on 12 January 1995. Located in La Villette Park, it offers programs ranging from early music to contemporary music, jazz, world music and contemporary music. This program is organized around the theme.
63. Collège de France - PSL
The Collège de France, formerly known as the Collège Royal or as the Collège impérial founded in 1530 by François I, is a higher education and research establishment in France. It is located in Paris near La Sorbonne. The Collège de France is considered to be France's most prestigious research establishment.
Argonaute is an Aréthuse-class submarine, and the fourth ship of the French Navy to bear the name. Launched on 29 June 1957, the submarine served as flagship within the Toulon submarine squadron. Argonaute was decommissioned on 31 July 1982. The vessel was converted to a museum ship in 1989 and located in Paris.
65. Piscine des Amiraux
The building and the swimming pool of the Amiraux are an apartment building housing a public swimming pool, built by Henri Sauvage between 1922 and 1927 in the 18th arrondissement of Paris, rue des Amiraux and Hermann-Lachapelle. They are an element of architectural research to build cheap but "hygienic" housing.
66. Salle des collections
Founded in 1988, the Image Forum, formerly known as the Paris Image Library, is a cultural institution in Paris, dedicated to movies and all forms of images. It is located in Forum des Halles in the first district of Paris. It has the status of the Associations Act of 1901 and is currently headed by Claude Farge.
67. Musée de Montmartre
The Musée de Montmartre is located in Montmartre, at 8-14 rue Cortot in the 18th (XVIII) arrondissement of Paris, France. It was founded in 1960 and was classified as a Musée de France in 2003. The buildings were formerly the home of several famous artists, including Pierre-Auguste Renoir and Suzanne Valadon.
68. Parc de Bercy
The Parc de Bercy is a public park located along the Rive Droite in the 12th arrondissement of Paris. Development started in 1994 on the site of a former wine depot, before an official opening three years later by Mayor Jean Tiberi. Sponsored by President François Mitterrand, the project covered 14 hectares.
69. Jardin Atlantique
The Jardin Atlantique is a public park and garden located in the 15th arrondissement of Paris, on the roof that covers the tracks and platforms of the Gare Montparnasse railway station. It has an area of 3.4 hectares. It was created by the landscape architects Brun, Penna and Schnitzler, and opened in 1994.
70. Fontaine Médicis
The Medici Fountain is a monumental fountain in the Jardin du Luxembourg in the 6th arrondissement in Paris. It was built in about 1630 by Marie de' Medici, the widow of King Henry IV of France and regent of King Louis XIII of France. It was moved to its present location and extensively rebuilt in 1864-66.
71. Ancienne manufacture des Tabacs
Issy-les-Moulineaux Tobacco Factory was established between 1900 and 1904 as a former tobacco factory located at 17 Ernest-Renan Street, Issy-les-Moulineaux. It ceased its activities in 1978 and was listed as a historical site in 1984. In 1989, these buildings were restored as houses, offices and shops.
Picpus (Courteline) is a station on Line 6 of the Paris Métro in the 12th arrondissement. The station is located under the Avenue de Saint-Mandé, to the west of the crossroads with the Boulevard de Picpus. There is a single entrance and exit, located on the southern side of the Avenue de Saint-Mandé.
73. Castel Béranger
The Castel Béranger is a residential building with thirty-six apartments located at 14 rue de la Fontaine in the 16th arrondissement of Paris. It was designed by the architect Hector Guimard, and built between 1895 and 1898. It was the first residence in Paris built in the style known as Art Nouveau.
74. La Bicyclette Ensevelie - La Selle
The Buried Bicycle is a work by artists Claes Oldenburg and Coosje Van Bruggen located in Paris, France. Installed in 1998 in the Parc de la Villette, it is a monumental sculpture representing disparate elements of a bicycle partially buried in the ground. It is a round-humped and in situ work.
75. Carreau du Temple
The Carreau du Temple is a covered market in the 3rd arrondissement of Paris, built in 1863. As part of a public consultation exercise undertaken in 2004 the local population voted that the Carreau should be redeveloped as polyvalent public space. The Carreau is scheduled to reopen in 2013.
76. Hôtel de Seignelay
The Hôtel de Seignelay is a mansion located at No. 80, rue de Lille, in the 7th arrondissement of Paris. It was built around 1713 by Germain Boffrand, who sold it to Count Charles Léonor Colbert de Seignelay, son of Jean-Baptiste Colbert de Seignelay and grandson of Louis XIV's minister.
77. Église Saint-Denys de la Chapelle
Saint-Denys de la Chapelle is a church of the 18th arrondissement of Paris. It is located in the neighborhood of La Chapelle along one of the oldest roads in Paris. The Rue de la Chapelle has existed since Gallo-Roman times, running from the suburb of Saint-Denis to the center of Paris.
78. Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie
The Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie or simply CSI is the biggest science museum in Europe. Located in the Parc de la Villette in Paris, France, it is one of the three dozen French Cultural Centers of Science, Technology and Industry (CCSTI), promoting science and science culture.
79. Bois de Boulogne
The Bois de Boulogne is a large public park located along the western edge of the 16th arrondissement of Paris, near the suburb of Boulogne-Billancourt and Neuilly-sur-Seine. The land was ceded to the city of Paris by the Emperor Napoleon III to be turned into a public park in 1852.
80. Jardin Marie-Thérèse Auffray
The Marie-Thérèse-Auffray garden is a green space in the 14th arrondissement of Paris, in France, the work of the French artist Rorcha, famous for the blossoming of his Japanese cherry trees (Sakura), of which it has become a popular place of observation and photography in spring.
81. Musée de la Contrefaçon
The Musée de la Contrefaçon is a museum of counterfeiting. It is located at 16, rue de la Faisanderie, in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, France, and open daily except Monday; an admission fee is charged. The nearest métro and RER stations are Porte Dauphine and Avenue Foch.
82. Espace Dali
Dalí Paris is an exhibition venue for Salvador Dalí's works from the Dali Universe collection, especially sculptures and engravings. Renovated in 2018, the museum has more than 300 original works, representative of his work. It is located in Paris, in the Montmartre district.
83. Cavae des Arènes de Lutèce
The Arènes de Lutèce are among the most important ancient Roman remains from the era in Paris, together with the Thermes de Cluny. Constructed in the 1st century AD, this theatre could once seat 15,000 people and was used also as an amphitheatre to show gladiatorial combats.
84. Halle Freyssinet - Station F
The Halle Freyssinet is a railway building built in the 1920s that housed until 2006 the couriers of the Gare d'Austerlitz. Its entrance is located at 5 parvis Alan-Turing, via rue Eugène-Freyssinet located at 55 boulevard Vincent-Auriol, in the 13th arrondissement of Paris.
85. Le Bataclan
The Bataclan is a theatre located at 50 Boulevard Voltaire in the 11th arrondissement of Paris, France. Designed in 1864 by the architect Charles Duval, its name refers to Ba-ta-clan, an operetta by Jacques Offenbach. Since the early 1970s, it has been a venue for rock music.
86. Fontaine Bela Bartok
The Crystals Fountain, often referred to as the Béla Bartók Fountain, is a sculptural transcription of Hungarian composer Béla Bartók's research into tonal harmony. Work of the sculptor Jean-Yves Lechevallier, in polished steel and mosaic, it was inaugurated in 1981.
87. Jardin de Reuilly - Paul-Pernin
The garden of Reuilly became the garden of Reuilly - Paul-Pernin is a green space in the 12th arrondissement of Paris, in France, whose design is the work of designers Pierre Colboc, architect and François-Xavier Mousquet, Philippe Thomas and Thierry Louf, landscapers.
88. Chapelle Notre-Dame de Consolation
The Chapelle Notre-Dame-de-Consolation is a chapel of Catholic worship located at 23 rue Jean-Goujon in the Champs-Élysées district of Paris. It is now entrusted to the Priestly Fraternity of St. Pius X by its owner, the Memorial Association of the Bazaar of Charity.
89. Square des Epinettes
The Square des Épinettes is a green space in the Épinettes district of Paris. It was created in 1893 by Jean-Camille Formigé. Two sculptures in the garden represent famous personalities of the area : Maria Deraismes, a feminist, and Jean Leclaire, an entrepreneur.
90. Monument aux morts pour la France en opérations extérieures
The war memorial for France in external operations is a memorial inaugurated in 2019 in the 15th arrondissement of Paris, in the Eugénie-Djendi garden of the André-Citroën park. It honours the memory of soldiers who died for the France in Foreign Operations (OPEX).
91. Parc des Buttes Chaumont
The Parc des Buttes Chaumont is a public park situated in northeastern Paris, France, in the 19th arrondissement. Occupying 24.7 hectares, it is the fifth-largest park in Paris, after the Bois de Vincennes, Bois de Boulogne, Parc de la Villette and Tuileries Garden.
92. Chapelle expiatoire
The Chapelle expiatoire is a chapel located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, France. The chapel was constructed on the grounds where King Louis XVI and Queen Marie Antoinette had been buried after they had been guillotined, and it is therefore dedicated to them.
93. François Arago
Tribute to Arago is a public work of art that consists of a series of medals scattered across the land of Paris and arranged along the meridian of Paris. It was designed in 1994 to mark the bicentenary of the birth of French scientist and statesman Francois Arago.
94. Parc de Choisy
The Parc de Choisy is a public park located in the 13th arrondissement of Paris, near the Quartier Asiatique between avenue de Choisy, rue George-Eastman, rue Charles-Moureu, and rue du Docteur-Magnan. It was created in 1937. The nearest metro station is Tolbiac.
95. Folie Titon
La folie Titon is a former madness that became a wallpaper factory run by Jean-Baptiste Réveillon, and located in the former Faubourg Saint-Antoine, where the first hot air balloon took off, and where the riots in Paris that led to the French Revolution began.
96. Caserne des Mousquetaires Noirs (ancienne) , dans l'actuel Hôpital des Quinze-Vingts (Centre d'Ophta
The Caserne des Mousquetaires-Noirs is a former barracks located at No. 26 rue de Charenton in the 12th arrondissement of Paris. Built at the end of the seventeenth century, it has been occupied since the late eighteenth century by the Quinze-Vingts hospital.
97. Cathédrale Ukrainienne Saint-Vladimir-le-Grand
The Cathedral of Saint Volodymyr the Great, in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, is the cathedral church of the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Saint Wladimir-Le-Grand de Paris in France. The eparchial bishop of the eparchy has been Borys Gudziak since 2012.
98. Musée des Arts Forains
The Musée des Arts Forains is a private museum of funfair and fairground objects located within the Pavillons de Bercy in the 12th arrondissement of Paris at 53, avenue des Terroirs de France, Paris, France. It is open to the public by prior reservation.
99. Cinémathèque Française
The Cinémathèque française is a French non-profit film organization founded in 1936 that holds one of the largest archives of film documents and film-related objects in the world. Based in Paris, the archive offers daily screenings of worldwide films.
100. Église Sainte-Claire d'Assise
The Sainte-Claire Catholic Church is located on Place de la Porte-de-Pantin in the 19th arrondissement of Paris. It was built between 1956 and 1958 by the architect André le Donné, a student of Auguste Perret. It is dedicated to Saint Clare of Assisi.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.