Explore interesting sights in Kunming, China. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 39 sights are available in Kunming, China.Sightseeing Tours in Kunming
1. Bamboo templeBook Ticket*
Qiongzhu Temple, or Bamboo Temple, is a Buddhist temple situated on Yu'an Mountain to the northwest of Kunming, Yunnan, China. The name of the temple (Qiongzhu) refers to a type of bamboo. The Bamboo Temple was established during the Yuan dynasty as the first temple dedicated to Zen Buddhism in Yunnan. It has since been burned down and reconstructed several times. The present structure mostly dates from the late Qing dynasty.
2. Yunnan Military AcademyBook Ticket*
Yunnan Military Academy was a military academy based in Kunming, capital of Yunnan, during the late Qing dynasty and early Republic of China. Along with Huangpu Military Academy and Baoding Military Academy, Yunnan Military Academy was one of the “three major strategist cradles in modern China”.
3. Yuantong TempleBook Ticket*
Yuantong Temple is an ancient Buddhist temple in Kunming, Yunnan, China. It is located in a protected natural depression and in recent years it has been expanded with funding from Thailand. In the 1950s, it hosted a grand ceremony to greet and send on the sacred teeth of the Buddha and so became important in Southeast Asia.
Yide Meteorological Station, also known as Taihuashan Meteorological Station, is located in the Kunming Taihua Mountain National Reference Climate Station on Taihua Mountain, Biji Street, Xishan District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, People's Republic of China, is a pioneer of modern meteorology, astronomy and earthquake in Yunnan, natural scientist Chen Bingren (character Yide) was founded in July of the 16th year of the Republic of China (1927), originally located at No. 53 Qianju Street, Kunming City. In 1937, it moved to the western suburbs of Taihua Mountain, with an altitude of 2375.2 meters. Facing south, the station is a Western-style building with three floors and nine rooms, with a construction area of 286 square meters. The institute is equipped with dozens of instruments such as mercury barometer, insolation meter, wind vane, rain meter, automatic barometer, thermometer, meteorological instrument, astronomical observer, seismometer, etc., and some observation data from 1911 to 1957, which has important historical and scientific value. The Yunnan Meteorological Museum is located here and is open to the public free of charge every Saturday and every World Meteorological Day. In 1993, it was declared a provincial-level cultural relic protection unit.
5. Underground Communist Party HQ
The site of the underground Party of Yunnan Province is also the site of the Communist Party Committee, located at No.39, Jiexiao Lane, Qingnian Road Community, Huguo Street, Wuhua District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province. It is a seat facing south, 3,4 ear civil structure, quadrangle building. In the autumn of 1926, Li Xin, a member of the Communist Party of China, came to Kunming to work and establish the Party organization. In November, the Yunnan Special Branch of the Communist Party of China was established here, with Wu Cheng as the secretary. In February 1927, according to the instructions of the Guangdong District Committee, Wang Desan led some of the Communist Party members and revolutionary youth of the cadre training class back to Kunming, and expanded the establishment of the Yunnan Provincial Temporary Working Committee of the Communist Party of China, with Wang Desan as secretary, Li Xin, Wu Cheng and other members. The house of the old site was basically kept as the same, and it was once changed into a staff dormitory. After 1990, the cultural relics were partially recovered and used. It is now open to the public free from Monday to Friday.
The tombs of the three martyrs Wang Desan, Wu Cheng and Ma Dengyun are located in the Black Dragon Pond Park in the Heilongtan Community of Ciba Street, Panlong District (formerly Guandu District), Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China, where three members of the early Chinese Communist Party of China are buried: Wang Desan (1898-1930), a native of Xiangyun County, Yunnan. He joined the Communist Party of China in 1925 and became the secretary of the Yunnan Provincial Provisional Working Committee of the Communist Party of China in 1928. He was arrested and killed on December 31, 1930. Wu Cheng (1900-1930) was a native of Kunming. He joined the Communist Party of China in 1926 and successively served as a member of the Provisional Work Committee of the Yunnan Special Branch Special Committee. He was arrested on 24 October 1930 and killed on 31 December 1930. Ma Dengyun (1910-1929) was a native of Kunming, Hui nationality. In 1927, he was admitted to the Communist Party of China, and in 1929, he became the principal of Mingde Primary School. He was arrested and killed in September 1929 for distributing leaflets at a rally.
Kunming Nie Er's Former Residence is located at No. 73 and 74, Yongdao Street, Jingxing Street Community, Huguo Street, Wuhua District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China (formerly part of Panlong District), which is the birthplace of musician Nie Er in Kunming. The former residence was built in the tenth year of Guangxu (1884) in the Qing Dynasty, and is a heavy eaves shop house. In the 30th year of Guangxu (1905), Nie Er's parents came to Kun from Yuxi, rented it here and opened a small medical center called "Chengchuntang". On February 14, 1912, Nie Er was born here. The Nie family lived here until 1920, when they moved out of Yongdao Street. In 1943, the Yunnan provincial government widened and renovated Yongdao Street. The houses on both sides of Yongdao Street were demolished and moved back 4~5 meters to rebuild. The reconstructed Yongdao Street is flanked by two-story civil buildings living above the shops below. In 2003, the Yunnan provincial government declared it a provincial-level cultural relic protection unit. The existing Nie Er Former Residence building was completely renovated in 2010.
8. Tanhua Temple
Tanhua Temple, located in Tanhua Community, Qingyun Street, Panlong District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, on the bank of the Jinyu River, is named after a Youtan tree in the garden. Tanhua Temple was built in the Chongzhen era of the Ming Dynasty, originally the villa of Shi Shiqiao, the Guanglu Dafu of the Ming Dynasty, and his great-grandson Stawe donated to build the temple, which was rebuilt after the earthquake during the Qing Daoguang period, and expanded into a classical garden imitating Jiangnan in the 80s of last century, and the entire temple's houses, pavilions, gatehouses, gatehouses, etc., were built after Bai houses. The Zhu De Zhikong Monk Poetry Stele in the temple is a cultural relic protection unit in Yunnan Province.
9. Tuzhu Temple
Tuzhu Temple is located in the official Town of Dudu Town, the official of the southeast suburbs of Kunming City, Yunnan Province. It was built during the Nanzhao period, and the existing buildings were rebuilt for the seventeenth year of Guangxu (1891) in the Qing Dynasty. The total area is more than 5,000 square meters. The whole temple became a "gossip" shape, sitting west to east. The main hall is standing on the platform made of bluestone, the top eaves, the top of the mountain, the front corridor and the back building, and the structure of the seven -groove beams. Under the front of the main hall, there is a clear nine -step on the arches.
10. Nie Er Tomb
The tomb of Nie er is located between Taihua Temple and Sanqing Pavilion in Xishan Forest Park, Xishan District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China. It is the cemetery of Nie er, a famous Chinese musician. In 1935, after nie drowned in Fuuzawa in Japan, his ashes were taken back to Kunming for burial. They were rebuilt in 1954, moved to its current site in 1980 and completed in 1985. The tomb faces Dianchi Lake and takes the shape of a violin. The tombstone is inscribed by Guo Moruo. There is a white marble statue of Nie er in front of the tomb. In 1988, Nie er's tomb was listed as a national key cultural relic protection unit.
11. Jingang Pagoda
Miaozhan Temple King Kong Pagoda is located in front of Miaozhan Temple in Guandu Ancient Town, southeast suburb of Kunming City, Yunnan Province, because the whole pagoda is made of sandstone, also known as Miaozhan Temple stone tower. The tower is square in shape and connected by ticket doors on all sides, so it is also called the Piercing Heart Tower. In 1956, the cultural relic was recognized by the People's Committee of Yunnan Province as the first batch of provincial-level cultural relics protection units. In 1996, it was listed by the State Council as the fourth batch of national key cultural relics protection units.
statutory Temple is located in Guandu ancient town in the southeast suburb of Kunming city, Yunnan Province, adjacent to tuzhu Temple in the south. It was first built in the middle period of Nanzhao (around 756), and most of the existing buildings were rebuilt in the twenty-first year of Guangxu of the Qing Dynasty (1895). Sitting west to east, covering an area of about 2,500 square meters. The hall is five rooms wide, three rooms deep, 17.2 meters long, l5.7 meters wide, single eaves rest on the top of the hill, nine steps on dougong.
Fahua Temple, the full name of Fahuapu Guangming Temple, commonly known as "Sleeping Buddha Temple", is located in Luoyang Mountain, about 1 km south of Taohua Village, Lianran Street, Anning City, Yunnan Province, China. As for the construction time, it is said that it was built in the middle period of Nanzhao State and the early period of Dali State. It was once a Buddhist resort in central Yunnan. Now, there are only the grottoes and the simple temples built in modern times. At present, there is only one monk living here.
14. Kuixing Pavillion
Kuixing Pavilion is a building in the late Qing Dynasty located in the east end of Xiuying Village, Guandu Ancient town, Kunming. It was first built in 1911. Commonly known as the "lower attic". It is said that this place is a mass grave, and the pavilion is built to suppress evil. In the 1940s, it was a barn, a rice mill house, and almost collapsed in a tornado in 1976. It was repaired in the early 2000s. It was later included in the sixth batch of Kunming city cultural relics protection units.
15. Huize Hall
Huize Institute, also known as Huize Building, is located in the Donglu Campus of Yunnan University, No.2, Wuhua District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China. It was built in 1923-1924 and designed by engineer Zhang Banghan. It is one of the first teaching buildings of Donglu University and the landmark building of today's Yunnan University. It is now a national key cultural relics protection unit.
16. Anning Wenmiao
Anning Confucian Temple, also known as Lianran Confucian Temple, is located at No. 122, Lianran Street, Lianran Street, Anning City, Yunnan Province, and was built in the sixth year of Yuan Dade (1302). In 1987, it was promulgated as a cultural relic protection unit of Yunnan Province. In 2006, it was announced by the State Council as the sixth batch of national key cultural relics protection units.
The Majia Courtyard of Wenming Street, also known as Jinlan Tea Garden, is located at No. 4, Qianwang Street, Jingxing Street Community, Huguo Street, Wuhua District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China, which was originally the residence of Ma Yi, the first mayor of Kunming, and is the most complete preserved Bai residential classic building in Kunming City.
18. Dade Double Pagoda Temple
The Great Towers of Dade Temple are located at No.43, Huashan Road, Qingnian Road Community, Huguo Street, Wuhua District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, in the dormitory of Animal Husbandry Bureau of Yunnan Province, China. The original temple has been destroyed, and only the twin towers remain. Now for the provincial cultural relics protection units.
19. Yunnan Observatories, CAS
Yunnan Astronomical Observatory an institution of Chinese Academy of Sciences sits on the Phoenix Hill in the east suburbs of Kunming, Yunnan, China. It is the only research observatory in the southwest of China. It is a state institution for astronomy research and public science education. There are 8 research groups and 2 observing stations in YAO.
20. Sino-Japanese War Memorial Hall
Anti-Japanese War Victory Memorial Hall, formerly known as People's Victory Hall, is located in Wuhua District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, located in the center of Kunming, south of Guanghua Street, north of Renmin Middle Road, both sides of Yunrui East Road and Yunrui West Road, sitting north facing south, covering an area of 28.12 acres.
The Kunming Natural History Museum of Zoology (昆明动物博物馆) is located on the campus of Kunming Institute of Zoology, Jiaochang East Road, Kunming, Yunnan, China. The museum is an important project of the Chinese Academy of Sciences Knowledge Innovation Program, and a joint project of the academy and Yunnan Provincial Government.
The former residence of the general of the Chinese Expeditionary Force, also known as Ziyuan, is a villa in a mountain villa at No. 1, Gaoji Village, Gaoji Village, Biji Community, Biji Street, Xishan District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, People's Republic of China, and is a provincial-level cultural relic protection unit in Yunnan.
23. Guandu Ancient Town
Guandu Ancient Town is located in the southeast suburbs of Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China, located on the north bank of Dianchi Lake and the lower reaches of the Baoxiang River, about 10 kilometers away from the downtown area, is a national characteristic landscape tourism town, national 4A tourist scenic spot.
The former site of the first factory of Central Electrical Equipment Factory is located in the former Kunming Cable Factory area, No. 615, Chunyu Road, Majie Street, Xishan District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, People's Republic of China, and belongs to the national key cultural relics protection unit.
25. Kunming City Museum
Kunming City Museum is a history museum in Kunming City, Yunnan, China. Smaller than the Yunnan Provincial Museum, Its most notable exhibit is about the history of the city. Other features include a dinosaur exhibit and a rotating exhibition space that holds anything from history to art exhibitions.
Zhou Zhongyue's former residence, located at No. 18, Cuihu North Road, Huashan Street, Wuhua District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China, in the dormitory area of Yunnan Provincial Cultural Center, is the residence of Zhou Zhongyue, a well-known political figure and scholar in modern Yunnan.
Fuchunheng Business Former Site, also known as Tengyue General Military Mansion, is located at No. 16, Qianwang Street, Jingxing Street Community, Huguo Street, Wuhua District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China, built in 1924, the original street number is No. 8 Small Silver Cabinet Lane.
28. Huguo Road
Huguo Bridge, located at the intersection of Huguo Road and Dongfeng East Road, Huguo Street, Wuhua District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China, is a monumental building commemorating the War of National Defense and is now a cultural relic protection unit in Yunnan Province.
Jinma Temple is located at the foot of Jinma Mountain in Jinma Community (Jinma Temple Village), Jinma Street, Guandu District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China, and is one of the earliest temples in Kunming and is now a provincial-level cultural relic protection unit.
Shiping Guild Hall, located at No. 24, Zhonghe Lane, south of Cuihu, Huashan Street, Wuhua District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China, is currently the most complete preserved guild hall building in Kunming and belongs to the provincial cultural relics protection unit.
Liang Sicheng and Lin Huiyin are located in Palpiying Village, Baoyun Community, Longquan Street, Panlong District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China. They are the only houses designed and built by architects Liang Sicheng and Lin Huiyin throughout their lives.
32. Tang Jiyao Tomb
The Tomb of Tang Jiyao, commonly known as "Tang Tomb", is located in the Kunming Zoo of Yuantong Mountain, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China, and is the burial place of Tang Jiyao, a military and political leader in Yunnan during the Republic of China.
The former site of Wujiaba Airport is located in the courtyard of No. 98, Guanshang South Road, Guanshang Street, Guandu District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China, which is the terminal building of the former Wujiaba Airport in the Republic of China.
The former site of Kunming International Radio Station is a provincial-level cultural relic protection unit in Kunming, Yunnan Province, China, including the Tuanshan Sending Station in Wuhua District and the Hongmiao Receiving Station in Xishan District.
Shilin Confucian Temple, also known as Lunan Prefecture Confucian Temple, is a temple of literature in Shilin Yi Autonomous County, Kunming, Yunnan Province, located in the No. 1 Middle School of Shilin Yi Autonomous County, the capital of Shilin County.
36. Shilin Stone Forest Landscape District
The Stone Forest or Shilin is a notable set of limestone formations about 500 km2 located in Shilin Yi Autonomous County, Yunnan Province, People's Republic of China, near Shilin approximately 90 km (56 mi) from the provincial capital Kunming.
Kunming Yuan Jiagu Former Residence, located at No. 5, Cuihu North Road, Huashan Street, Wuhua District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China, was built in 1920 and is the only self-built residence of Yuan Jiagu in the history of Yunnan.
Yunnan Provincial Museum is located in Kunming, on Guangfu Road. It houses an exhibition centered on Yunnan's ethnic minorities, as well as a collection of artifacts from tomb excavations at Jinning on the southern rim of Lake Dian.
39. Lu Han Yunnan Residence
Luhan Mansion is located at No. 4, Cuihu South Road, Wuhua District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province, opposite the east gate of Cuihu Park, and is the residence of former Yunnan Provincial Chairman Lu Han.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.