Book tickets, guided tours and activities in Sarajevo.
Guided Free Walking Tours
Book free guided walking tours in Sarajevo.
Explore interesting sights in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 27 sights are available in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.Sightseeing Tours in Sarajevo
1. City HallBook Free Tour*
Sarajevo City Hall, known as Vijećnica, is located in the city of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. It was designed in 1891 by the Czech architect Karel Pařík, but criticisms by the minister, Baron Béni Kállay, caused him to stop working on the project. It was initially the largest and most representative building of the Austro-Hungarian period in Sarajevo and served as the city hall.
2. Old Orthodox ChurchBook Free Tour*
The Church of the Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel, also known as the Old Orthodox Church, is a Serbian Orthodox church in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. It was established in 1539. It was, however, built on older foundations.
3. The Brusa Bezistan
Brusa bezistan with its 6 roof domes it is one of the historic buildings in Sarajevo's Baščaršija from the time of the Ottoman period in the history of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It has a rectangular base and has four entrances on all four sides, and connects the craft streets Kundurdžiluk, Veliki and Mali Čurčiluk with Abadžiluk and the Baščaršija. It was built by order of the Grand Vizier Rustem-pasha Opuković in 1551. Bezistan was named after the Turkish city of Bursa, from which silk was brought to Bezistan and sold. Unlike Gazi Husrev-beg's bezistan, where groceries were originally sold, Brusa bezistan sold household items and small furniture in addition to silk. Today it is one of the museums in the city, designated as the National monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina by the Commission to preserve national monuments of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
4. Inat kuća
Spite house is a building in Sarajevo not far from Baščaršija, which was originally built on the site where the City Hall was supposed to be built and currently stands on the other side of the Miljacka River. In order to build the building of the City Hall on Mustaj Pasha's mejdan in 1892-1894, it was necessary to demolish two hans and one private house. Han's were demolished, while the owner of the house old Benderija demanded that a bag of ducats be paid as compensation, and in addition to the house being transferred, ćerpić by ćerpić, to the other bank of Miljacka, opposite the City Hall. That's how it was done, and because of the spite of the owners of the house it was called Inat house. Today, spite house is used as a restaurant with traditional Bosnian cuisine.
Tašlihan or Tašli han is a former caravanserai that was located on the site of the current summer garden and an open bar of the Hotel Evropa in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is the third stone caravanserai in Sarajevo, built in the period from 1540 to 1543, as an endowment of Gazi Husrev-beg, after his death. It was added to Gazi Husrev-beg's bezistan on its western side. It was square in shape, and its length was 47 meters. It had a fountain in its yard, on the pillars of which was a small mosque. Upstairs were the passenger rooms. Domestic and foreign merchants had their shops within Tašlihan. It is believed that this caravanserai served for trade more than for passenger traffic. The fire of 1879 severely damaged Taslihan and made it unusable.
6. Svrzo's House
Svrzo's House is an old house in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina that was established when the Ottoman Empire ruled the area. It is a branch of the Museum of Sarajevo. It is typical in that it has living quarters for the men, the women, and the servants. The house is in extremely well preserved condition, which is noteworthy in that the house is built completely from wood; a construction method not commonly used in the region in modern times. It is open to the public for self-guided tours and has brochures and information in multiple languages.
7. Museum of the Jews of Bosnia and Herzegovina
The Museum of the Jews of Bosnia and Herzegovina is part of the Sarajevo Museum located in the area of the former Old Temple, in the oldest synagogue in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Commission for the Preservation of National Monuments, at its session held from 7 to 11 October 2003, decided to declare the Museum of jews as a national monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina. This decision was adopted by the Commission in the following composition: Zeynep Ahunbay, Amra Hadžimuhamedović (chair), Dubravko Lovrenović, Ljiljana Ševo and Tina Wik.
8. Trg oslobođenja - Alija Izetbegović
Trg oslobođenja - Alija Izetbegović is a square in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. It lies between the municipalities Stari Grad and Centar. It links the main pedestrian thoroughfare of the Sarajevo old town, Ferhadija street, with Zelenih Beretki street, with the Dom Armije (1881). On its east side it hosts the Orthodox Cathedral (1874) and the University of Sarajevo School of Economics and Business. On its west is the Svjetlost building, while at its south, beyond Zelenih Beretki, stands the Dom Armije (1881)
9. War childhood museum
The War Childhood Museum is a historical museum in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina that opened in January 2017. The museum presents the experiences of children who lived through the war in Bosnia, told through objects, video testimonies, and excerpts from oral histories. The 2018 Council of Europe Museum Prize, one of the most prestigious awards in the museum industry, was awarded to the War Childhood Museum as part of the 2018 European Museum of the Year Award.
10. Museum of Literature and Theater Arts of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Museum of Literature and Theater Arts of Bosnia and Herzegovina is a literary art museum in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. It was established under the name Museum of Literature of Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1961 on the idea of then curator of literary collections in the Museum of Sarajevo, writer Razija Handžić, the future director. In 1970, the Theater Department was founded and added to the Museum of Literature.
11. Ferhadija Mosque
Ferhadija Mosque, also known as Ferhat Pasha Mosque, is a central building in the city of Sarajevo built by Bosnian Sanjak-bey (governor) Ferhad-beg Vuković, a descendant of the famous mediaeval Vuković family. This mosque has one dome above the prayer area and three small domes at the cloister and is one of the greatest achievements of Bosnia and Herzegovina’s 16th century Ottoman and Islamic architecture.
12. Sarajevo Clock Tower
The Sarajevo Clock Tower is a clock tower in Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is located beside Gazi Husrev-beg Mosque and is the tallest of the 21 clock towers built in the country at the height of 30m. The clock shows lunar time, in which the hands indicate 12 o'clock at the moment of sunset, the time of the Muslim Maghrib prayer. A caretaker sets the clock's time manually once a week.
13. Museum of Sarajevo 1878-1918
The Museum of Sarajevo 1878–1918 is located near the Latin Bridge in central Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The building had been Moritz Schiller's Delicatessen in 1914, the year that Franz Ferdinand, the heir presumptive to the throne of Austria-Hungary was shot dead by Gavrilo Princip from the street corner outside, indirectly starting World War I.
14. Markale massacre memorial
The Markale market shelling or Markale massacres were two separate bombardments, with at least one of them confirmed to have been carried out by the Army of Republika Srpska, targeting civilians during the siege of Sarajevo in the Bosnian War. They occurred at the Markale (marketplace) located in the historic core of Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
15. Sacred Heart Cathedral
The Sacred Heart Cathedral is a Catholic church in Sarajevo; commonly referred as the Sarajevo Cathedral, it is the largest cathedral in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is the seat of the Archbishop of Vrhbosna, currently Cardinal Tomo Vukšić, and center of Catholic worship in the city. The cathedral is located in the city's Old Town district.
16. Zgrada željezničke stanice Bistrik
The bistrik railway station building was built after the Austro-Hungarian authorities connected Sarajevo with Slavonski Brod and Budapest by rail in 1882. At that time, there was a need to connect the eastern parts of Bosnia and Herzegovina with Sarajevo, where, along the border with Serbia, military garrisons were stationed.
17. Džamija Hasan Čoban Zade
Čobanija Mosque was constructed in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, before 1565. The building is quite spacious, with a fine stone minaret. Set into the walls around the minaret is a poem in Turkish. There is a cemetery adjacent to the mosque, which some believe is the final resting place of the benefactor, Čoban-Hasan.
18. Eternal flame
The Eternal flame is a memorial to the military and civilian victims of the Second World War in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The memorial was dedicated on 6 April 1946, the first anniversary of the liberation of Sarajevo from the four-year-long occupation by Nazi Germany and the fascist Independent State of Croatia.
19. Alipašina džamija
Ali Pasha Mosque was constructed in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina during 1560–61 as a vakıf—the legacy or perpetual endowment—of Sofu Hadım Ali Pasha, an Ottoman statesman who served as the governor of the Bosnia Eyalet of the Ottoman Empire amongst other roles, after his death in September 1560.
20. Careva džamija
The Emperor's Mosque is an important landmark in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, being the first mosque to be built (1457) after the Ottoman conquest of Bosnia. It is the largest single-subdome mosque in Bosnia and Herzegovina, built in the classical Ottoman style of the era.
21. Orthodox Cathedral in Sarajevo
The Cathedral Church of the Nativity of the Theotokos is the largest Serbian Orthodox church in Sarajevo and one of the largest in the Balkans. The cathedral is designated National Monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina by the KONS.
22. Hadžijska džamija
The Vekil-Harrach or Hadžijska mosque is a mosque in the city of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is located in Alifakovac, a neighborhood in Babića bašća local community, one of the oldest urban settlements in Sarajevo.
23. The Despić House
Despić House is an old merchant house in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina that was established in 1881 by one of the wealthiest and most prominent Serb families in Sarajevo. It is a branch of the Museum of Sarajevo.
24. Church of Saint Anthony of Padua
The Church of Saint Anthony of Padua is a Roman Catholic place of worship and a national monument in Sarajevo, the capital city of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is dedicated to the Franciscan friar Anthony of Padua.
25. Crkva svetog Vinka Paulskoga
The Church of St. Vinko Paulski is the Gothic Roman Catholic Church in the center of Sarajevo. It is dedicated to St. Vinko Paulski. The church is located within the monastery buildings of the Sisters of Mercy.
26. Gazi Husrev-beg Mosque
The Gazi Husrev-beg mosque or just the Beg's mosque in Sarajevo is one of the most significant monuments of sacral Islamic architecture in the Balkans because of its size and attraction. It was built in 1531.
27. Ashkenazi Synagogue
Sarajevo Synagogue is Sarajevo's primary and largest synagogue and is located on the south bank of the river Miljacka. It was constructed in 1902 and remains the only functioning synagogue in Sarajevo today.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.