Book tickets, guided tours and activities in Bruges.
Guided Free Walking Tours
Book free guided walking tours in Bruges.
Explore interesting sights in Bruges, Belgium. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 25 sights are available in Bruges, Belgium.Sightseeing Tours in Bruges
1. BelfryBook Free Tour*
The Belfry of Bruges is a medieval bell tower in the centre of Bruges, Belgium. One of the city's most prominent symbols, the belfry formerly housed a treasury and the municipal archives, and served as an observation post for spotting fires and other dangers.
2. Basilica of the Holy Blood
The Basilica of the Holy Blood is a Roman Catholic basilica in Bruges, Belgium. The church houses a relic of the Holy Blood allegedly collected by Joseph of Arimathea and brought from the Holy Land by Thierry of Alsace, Count of Flanders. Built between 1134 and 1157 as the chapel of the Count of Flanders, it was promoted to a minor basilica in 1923.
3. Church of Our Lady
The Church of Our Lady is a Roman Catholic church in Bruges, Belgium, dating mainly from the 13th, 14th and 15th centuries. Its 115.6-metre-high (379 ft) tower remains the tallest structure in the city and the third tallest brickwork tower in the world.
The Poertoren is a tower on the Begijnenvest in Bruges. The tower has been the storage place for the city of the city since 1477 and owes its name to the West-Flemish word for gunpowder: Poer. The 18 meter high tower has a diameter of 8 meters; The walls are approximately 1.3 meters thick.
5. Zeebrugge Churchyard
The Zeebrugge Cemetery is a municipal cemetery located in the Belgian village of Zeebrugge (Lissewege). The cemetery is located around the St. Donatus Church on the St. Donatian's Churchstreet, close to the N34a. There are no civilian graves in the cemetery, only a bed with British and German military graves from the First World War. The cemetery is surrounded by a low brick wall and an arched entrance gate on the north side is closed off with a double gate. On a plaque above the gate is the text: Deutscher Ehrenfriedhof Zeebrügge Nr.184 - Pate Ortsgruppe Blankenburg - Harz - Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge. On the western edge of the cemetery is a memorial to the fallen villagers from both world wars.
6. Kasteel Ten Berge
Castle Ten Berghe is a castle near Bruges, Belgium. A manor house on the site was mentioned in a charter of 1267; that building was destroyed in 1490, but rebuilt shortly afterwards. Work was performed in the late nineteenth century to expand and renovate the building, resulting in its current neo-Gothic appearance. Further renovation was performed in the early twenty-first century to prepare it for its current use as a bed and breakfast.
7. Sint Janshuismolen
The Sint-Janshuismolen in the Belgian city of Bruges is located on the Kruisvest, on the edge of the city center. The windmill that is now there has its year of construction in 1770 and acts as a flour mill. It is already the third mill on that location. He owes his name to the guest house of Sint-Jan. The Gasthuis may never have had the mill in his possession, but an interest in it was imposed in favor.
8. Sint-Franciscus Xaveriusziekenhuis
The Sint-Franciscus-Xaverius Institute, abbreviated SFX-Brugge, is a Catholic school in the Belgian city of Bruges. She has around 800 students. The institute is also known under the nickname of the Xaverians Broeders, the Frères. The school is located between Guido Gezelleplein, Simon Stevinplein, Mariastraat and Nieuwstraat. The primary school of the Frères is called "Het Palet".
9. Begijnhof Ten Wijngaerde
The Princely Beguinage Ten Wijngaerde is the only preserved beguinage in the Belgian city of Bruges. There are no more Beguines living there, but since 1927 it has functioned as a convent for Benedictines, founded by canon Hoornaert. In the same year the houses at the west side were also reshaped and enlarged into the Monasterium De Wijngaard, a priory of Benedictine nuns.
The Onze-Lieve-Vrouw-van-Blindekenkapel on Kreupelenstraat in Bruges was founded, according to tradition, after a promise made in the aftermath of the Battle of Pevelenberg that every year a candle of 36 pounds were to the Onze-Lieve-Vrouw would bring the potterie. This promise was made by the remaining spouses and mothers if their beloved would return from the fight.
Historium is a cultural -historical attraction on the Grote Markt in Bruges. On the basis of various experiences, people see how Bruges Bruisted Times the Golden Age at the time of Jan van Eyck. It also includes a Duvelcafé with free access, a virtual reality experience, a terrace with panoramic views, a Gothic tower and a department of the Urban Tourism Service.
The Gruuthusemuseum is a museum of history and applied art in Bruges and is part of Museums Brugge. The museum is housed in the 15th-century city castle or city palace of the lords of Gruuthuse on the Dijver in the old center of the city. The Gruuthusemuseum has a varied collection of historical objects and decorative art from the 13th to the 19th century.
13. St. James's Church
St. James's Church (Sint-Jakobskerk) is a Catholic church in Bruges, Belgium. Originally built around 1240, the church was considerably expanded in 1459 to match the rising affluence of Bruges, and was patronized by the Duke of Burgundy. In the late 17th and early 18th centuries the church's interior was remodeled in its present Baroque style.
14. City Hall
The City Hall of Bruges, West Flanders, Belgium, is a landmark building and the seat of that city. Built in a late-Gothic monumental style between 1376 and 1421, it is one of the oldest city halls in the former Burgundian Netherlands. It is located on Burg Square, the area of the former fortified castle in the centre of Bruges.
The Smedenpoort is one of the four remaining city gates of Bruges. The first gate dates from 1297-1299, but was rebuilt in 1367-1368 by the master bricklayers Jan Slabbaert and Mathias Saghen. Later she was rebuilt a few times. Characteristic of this gate is that, like the donkey gate, it is completely surrounded by water.
16. Archeologische site van de Sint-Donaaskathedraal
St. Donatian's Cathedral was a Roman Catholic cathedral in Bruges, Belgium. Located on the Burg, one of the main squares in the city, it was the largest church in Bruges. The cathedral was destroyed in 1799 in the wake of the dissolution of the Diocese of Bruges during the aftermath of the French Revolution.
17. De Zeven Torentjes
The Leenhof "De Zeven Torentjes" is a farmhouse in the West-Flemish municipality of Bruges, located at Asbroek, located at Canadaring 41. It is a historic farm from the 14th century. The farm owes its name to the pigeon tower with seven side tower. The farm is now furnished as a children's farm.
The Sint-Donatuskerk is the parish church of the coastal town of Zeebrugge belonging to the Belgian city of Bruges, located on Sint-Donaaskerkstraat. The church is dedicated to Donatianus van Reims, a French bishop from the 4th century and patron saint of the city of Bruges.
The Major Seminary in Bruges, in Dutch Grootseminarie, is a centre for training and formation in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Bruges, formerly used as the seminary for preparing candidates for the diocesan priesthood. It is located on the Potterierei in Bruges.
20. Jan Guilinibad
The Jan Guilinibad is a swimming pool in the Belgian city of Bruges. It was erected on the corner of Keizer Karelstraat and Lauwerstraat, in the Kristus-Koning district, with an external construction in the so-called "Bruges style" and with an Art Deco interior.
St. Anne's Church is a Catholic church in the district and parish of St. Anne in Bruges. It was rebuilt at the beginning of the 17th century and decorated in typical Baroque style as far as the interior was concerned. Mother Anna is the patroness of the church.
22. Simon Stevinplein
Simon Stevinplein is a square in Bruges, situated between Steenstraat and the Oude Burg. On the square is the statue of mathematics and physicist Simon Stevin born in Bruges. Probably the oldest market square in Bruges was laid out before the market.
23. 't Zand
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.