12 Sights in Villach, Austria (with Map and Images)
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Villach:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Explore interesting sights in Villach, Austria. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 12 sights are available in Villach, Austria.List of cities in AustriaSightseeing Tours in Villach
1. Filialkirche Sankt Ulrich
The branch church of St. Ulrich near Villach belongs to the parish of Maria Landskron. Ortisei was first mentioned in 1431. During the restoration in 1966, the building underwent significant transformations with Romanesque and Gothic elements. The nave was widened and lengthened. The eastern roof turret with round-arched sound openings is crowned by a small onion helmet. The low, slightly recessed, Gothic choir ends with a 5/8 ending. To the north are the sacristy and the newly built mortuary. The former west portal, a late Gothic, profiled pointed arch portal, is now located on the north side. The church is entered through the new south portal with canopy.
2. Hl. Dreifaltigkeit
The Roman Catholic parish church of Völkendorf in the district of the same name in Villach is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. It was not until 1973 that the districts of Völkendorf, Möltschach and Judendorf were separated from the parish of St. Martin and a separate parish was established. This parish also includes the branch churches of St. Johann and Warmbad.
3. Filialkirche Heiliger Michael
The branch church of St. Michael stands on a steep wooded hill east of the village of St. Michael in the municipality of Villach. The church, which belongs to the Roman Catholic parish of Maria Landskron, was first mentioned in a document in 1431. In 1494 it was given to the Order of St. George for care together with Landskron Castle and in 1511 to its own.
4. Kirche im Stadtpark
The Evangelical Church in the city park forms the end of the 10th of October Street in Villach. In its outward appearance, the church is one of the essential contributions to the sacred architecture of historicism in Carinthia. The church is the main church of the Evangelical Superintendent A. B. Carinthia and East Tyrol.
5. Pfarrkirche Sankt Niklas an der Drau
The Roman Catholic parish church of St. Nicholas in St. Niklas an der Drau in the municipality of Villach was first mentioned in a document in 1370 and 1410 and was reconsecrated by the Bishop of Grado after the Turkish invasions in 1486. The present neo-baroque church was built in 1862 and renovated in 1910 after a fire.
6. Pfarrkirche Maria Landskron
The Roman Catholic parish church of Maria Landskron is located in the village of Landskron in the municipality of Villach in Carinthia. The parish church of the Sacred Heart of Mary belongs to the deanery of Villach-Stadt in the diocese of Gurk-Klagenfurt. The church is a listed building.
7. Filialkirche Sankt Georgen
The branch church of St. Georgen in the municipality of Villach in Austria belongs to the parish of St. Martin. St. Georgen was supposedly a vicariate of Maria Gail as early as 1267. The first reliable mention is the reconsecration in 1489 after the destruction by the Turks.
The Protestant Church of the Resurrection in the Lind district in the municipality of Villach is part of the Protestant community center Villach-Nord. The church was consecrated in 1987, and two years later Villach-Nord was elevated to an independent parish.
9. Sankt Johanner Kirche
The branch church of St. Johann stands on a hill at 560 m above sea level above the Völkendorf district in Villach. The Roman Catholic sacred building, which belongs to the parish of Völkendorf, is dedicated to John the Baptist.
10. Pfarrkirche St. Nikolai
The Roman Catholic St. Nicholas Church in Villach is a neo-Gothic church that is cared for by the local Franciscan monastery. The parish also includes the branch churches of Oberwollanig and Sankt Magdalen.
11. Filialkirche Heiliger Matthäus
The branch church Federaun is located on the western outskirts of Unterfederaun in the municipality of Villach. The church belongs to the Roman Catholic parish of Fürnitz and is dedicated to St. Matthew.
12. Evangelische Pfarrkirche Sankt Ruprecht
The Evangelical Church of St. Ruprecht is an Evangelical Lutheran church building in the St. Ruprecht district of Villach. The building stands west of the Roman Catholic branch church of St. Ruprecht.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.