Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Vienna:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Guided Free Walking Tours
Here you can book guided Free Walking Tours in Vienna:Guided Free Walking Tours on GuruWalk*
Here you can find interesting sights in Vienna, Austria. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 100 sights are available in Vienna, Austria.List of cities in Austria Sightseeing Tours in Vienna
1. PlanetariumBook Ticket*
The Zeiss Planetarium of the city of Vienna is considered one of the most modern planetariums in the world. It is located in the Vienna Prater and is set up in a common building with the Prater Museum. Together with the Kuffner and Urania Observatory, the planetarium is a specialized institution of the Viennese adult education centers.
2. Giant Ferris WheelBook Ticket*
The Wiener Riesenrad, or simply Riesenrad, is a 64.75-metre (212 ft) tall Ferris wheel at the entrance of the Prater amusement park in Leopoldstadt, the 2nd district of Austria's capital Vienna. It is one of Vienna's most popular tourist attractions, and symbolises the district as well as the city for many people. Constructed in 1897, it was the world's tallest extant Ferris wheel from 1920 until 1985.
3. BelvedereBook Ticket*
The Belvedere is a historic building complex in Vienna, Austria, consisting of two Baroque palaces, the Orangery, and the Palace Stables. The buildings are set in a Baroque park landscape in the third district of the city, on the south-eastern edge of its centre. It houses the Belvedere museum. The grounds are set on a gentle gradient and include decorative tiered fountains and cascades, Baroque sculptures, and majestic wrought iron gates. The Baroque palace complex was built as a summer residence for Prince Eugene of Savoy.
4. ObeliskBook Ticket*
The Obelisk Fountain in the park of Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna's 13th district, Hietzing, is one of numerous fountains in this baroque green area. The main dimensions are: length 35.6 m, width 24.0 m and height 31.3 m.
5. Belvedere 21Book Ticket*
Belvedere 21 is a building built in 1958 as the Austrian pavilion of the 58 Brussels World Expo and as a 20th century museum in Vienna from 1962 to 2001. It was used as an annex to the Museum of Modern Art (MUMOK). It moved from Brussels to Schweizergarten in District 3. Landstraße, municipal district of Vienna.
6. Spanish Riding SchoolBook Free Tour*
The Spanish Riding School is an Austrian institution dedicated to the preservation of classical dressage and the training of Lipizzaner horses, based in Vienna, Austria, whose performances in the Hofburg are also a tourist attraction. The leading horses and riders of the school also periodically tour and perform worldwide. It is one of the "Big Four", the most prestigious classical riding academies in the world, alongside the Cadre Noir, the Portuguese School of Equestrian Art, and the Royal Andalusian School.
7. Christoph Willibald Gluck (grave)
Christoph Willibald Gluck was a composer of Italian and French opera in the early classical period. Born in the Upper Palatinate and raised in Bohemia, both part of the Holy Roman Empire, he gained prominence at the Habsburg court at Vienna. There he brought about the practical reform of opera's dramaturgical practices for which many intellectuals had been campaigning. With a series of radical new works in the 1760s, among them Orfeo ed Euridice and Alceste, he broke the stranglehold that Metastasian opera seria had enjoyed for much of the century. Gluck introduced more drama by using orchestral recitative and cutting the usually long da capo aria. His later operas have half the length of a typical baroque opera. Future composers like Mozart, Schubert, Berlioz and Wagner revered Gluck very highly.
8. Austrian Museum of Applied Arts
The MAK – Museum of Applied Arts is an arts and crafts museum located at Stubenring 5 in Vienna's 1st district Innere Stadt. Besides its traditional orientation towards arts and crafts and design, the museum especially focuses on architecture and contemporary art. The museum has been at its current location since 1871. Since 2004 the building is illuminated in the evenings by the permanent outdoor installation "MAKlite" of American artist James Turrell. In 2015 the MAK became the first museum to use bitcoin to acquire art, when it purchased the screensaver "Event listeners" of van den Dorpel. With over 300.000 objects displayed online, the MAK presents the largest online collection within the Austrian Federal Museums. The audio guide to this museum is provided as a web-based app.
Palais Augarten is a Baroque palace in the district of Leopoldstadt, Vienna, Austria. Constructed in the late seventeenth century by Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach on the site of a hunting château and gardens, the palace and gardens were expanded in the nineteenth century under Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria. Despite extensive damage suffered during World War II, the palace has been maintained almost in its original appearance, and many of the original furnishings can still be found there. Today, Palais Augarten is the home and rehearsal space of the Vienna Boys' Choir, who also have their own school there. The palace is located in the 130-acre Augarten park, which is the oldest Baroque garden in Vienna.
10. Mahnmal Aspangbahnhof
The Aspangbahnhof memorial was opened in Vienna in September 2017 – 75 years after the last deportations from this station in the east of the city. It commemorates people who were deported from Vienna by the National Socialist rulers between 1939 and 1942. It is located on the site of the former Aspang railway station in Wien-Landstraße, the third district of Vienna. On February 1, 1941, the Viennese Gestapo chief Karl Ebner announced to the director of the Jewish Community the first 13 directives for the deportation of the Jewish population of Vienna. From this station, 47,035 people were deported to concentration camps and extermination camps in Eastern Europe. Only 1073 people survived these death trains.
The Kongresspark is an approximately 61,000 m² public park in Ottakring in the west of Vienna, on the district border with Hernals. It was laid out in 1927/28 on a former sand extraction site and landfill according to plans by the architect Erich Franz Leischner and is to be understood in the ensemble with the neighbouring municipal residential complexes of the 1920s. At the same time as the park, the congress pool adjoining to the east was built. The extensive congress park with its extensive play facilities for children plays an important role in leisure activities in the still densely populated outer west of Vienna's core city and also attracts visitors from other parts of the 16th and 17th districts.
12. Palais Liechtenstein (Gartenpalais)
Liechtenstein Garden Palace is a Baroque palace located in the 9th century Fürstengasse. Alsergrund, Vienna District. There is a park between the palace, which until the end of 2011 was the site of the Liechtenstein Museum, and the Summer Palace in Alserbachstraße. Since the beginning of 2012, Liechtenstein Garden Palace has been the venue for holding activities. Part of the Prince of Liechtenstein's private art collection is still in the palace's gallery. In 2010, in order to avoid future confusion, the palace was officially named "Garden Palace", because by 2013, Liechtenstein Stadtpalais, located in the old city of Vienna, had been renovated and equipped with a part of Liechtenstein art collection.
13. House of the Sea
The Haus des Meeres is a public aquarium in Vienna, Austria. It is located in Esterhazy Park in downtown Mariahilf district, one block south of the busy Mariahilfer Straße. The Haus des Meeres houses over ten thousand aquatic beings on an area of around 4,000 square meters (43,000 sq ft) inside a tall concrete flak tower built during World War II. In 2012 the Haus des Meeres attracted a record high of 650,000 visitors. The Haus des Meeres is managed by Aqua Terra Zoo, a private non-profit organization which, according to its web site, receives only marginal financial support from municipal authorities. However, the maintenance costs for the former flak tower are paid by the taxpayer.
14. Ignaz Semmelweis
Ignaz Philipp Semmelweis was a Hungarian physician and scientist, who was an early pioneer of antiseptic procedures. Described as the "saviour of mothers", he discovered that the incidence of puerperal fever could be drastically reduced by requiring hand disinfection in obstetrical clinics. Puerperal fever was common in mid-19th-century hospitals and often fatal. He proposed the practice of washing hands with chlorinated lime solutions in 1847 while working in Vienna General Hospital's First Obstetrical Clinic, where doctors' wards had three times the mortality of midwives' wards. He published a book of his findings in Etiology, Concept and Prophylaxis of Childbed Fever.
15. Marionettentheater Schloss Schönbrunn
The Puppet Theatre Schönbrunn Palace is a puppet theatre founded in 1994. It is located in the Hofratstrakt of Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna's 13th district, Hietzing, and hosts theatre performances and operas for adults and children. The puppet theatre is run as a private theatre. The two founders and artistic directors, Christine Hierzer-Riedler and Werner Hierzer, can look back on more than 40 years of international experience in the art of puppetry. Playing with puppets has a long tradition at Schönbrunn. Already during Mozart's lifetime, the puppet theatre founded by Prince Esterházy played here at the invitation of Empress Maria Theresa.
16. Kuffner Observatory
The Kuffner observatory is one of two telescope-equipped public astronomical observatories situated in Austria's capital, Vienna. It is situated in the West of the city's Ottakring district, on the slope of the Gallitzinberg at 302 m altitude. Originally a private research institution, it was converted into an educational astronomy facility after World War II as buildings and city lights had encroached to a degree that severely hampered scientific nightsky observations. Today the main tasks of the observatory consist in public education on astronomy, operating and preserving the historical equipment, and minor projects in scientific astronomy.
Settlements in the former Lainzer Tiergarten were built in the twenties and thirties of the 20th century in the outskirts of the Lainzer Tiergarten, which then belonged to Lower Austria, a part of the Vienna Woods that was not accessible to the public until 1918. The area of these settlements, like the Tiergarten, was incorporated into the Greater Vienna of National Socialism in 1938. The southern settlements were already assigned to the 13th district of Vienna, Hietzing, the Tiergarten itself and the railway farm only in 1956. Like most of the Tiergarten, all settlements belong to the Katastralgemeinde Auhof.
The Leopoldsberg is perhaps Vienna’s most famous hill, towering over the Danube and the city. Leopoldberg’s most prominent landmark is the church which stands at the top, and which is clearly visible from Vienna below. Construction of the Leopoldsberg church, dedicated to Saint Leopold, began in 1679; an expansion following a design by Antonio Beduzzi was undertaken 1718–30. Other renovations were to follow. Across the square from the church, on what used to be a tower of the fortification system, a memorial to those Austrians who returned home from captivity after World War II was created in 1948.
19. Klinik Penzing
The Penzing Clinic is located in the 14th district of Vienna, Penzing, on the Baumgartner Höhe. In its organizational form, the clinic is an amalgamation of five formerly independent institutions of the Viennese health care system; These include the Sozialpädagogisches Zentrum »Baumgartner Höhe«, the Neurological Hospital of the City of Vienna »Maria-Theresien-Schlössel«, the nursing home »Sanatoriumstraße« as well as the psychiatric hospital »Baumgartner Höhe« and the pulmonological centre »Baumgartner Höhe«. The individual departments of these institutions remained unchanged.
Wien Westbahnhof is a major Austrian railway station, the original starting point of the West railway (Westbahn) and a former terminus of international rail services. In 2015, its role changed with the opening of Vienna's new main station and Westbahnhof now is mainly a commuter station and the terminus of private rail operator WESTbahn's intercity service from Salzburg. Locally, Wien Westbahnhof is served by S-Bahn line S50 and U-Bahn lines U3 and U6. Six tram lines converge on Europaplatz in front of the station, although none go into the city centre. There are also buses to the airport.
21. Wohnhausanlage Breitenfurter Straße 401–413
The residential complex Breitenfurter Straße 401–413, also known as "Breitenfurter Fisch", is located in the south of Vienna in the 23rd district of Liesing. It was built between 1984 and 1987 according to plans by the Luxembourg architect Rob Krier together with the architect Hedwig Wachberger and the architect Peter Gebhard. An overall concept was developed from three different individual ideas. Between the Liesingbach and the Breitenfurter Straße, a complex was built in the postmodern style and with a fish-shaped floor plan, which encloses a total of 324 residential units.
22. Tiergarten Schönbrunn
Tiergarten Schönbrunn – Schönbrunn Zoo – was established by the Habsburgs in the park of Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna’s 13th district of Hietzing in 1752 and is today the world’s oldest zoo that is still in operation. Zoologist Stephan Hering-Hagenbeck has been the zoo’s director since 2020. Schönbrunn Zoo has been recording more than two million visitors every year since 2006. It presents around 8,000 animals from 700 species on an area of 17 hectares. Anthony Sheridan’s zoo rankings recognised Schönbrunn Zoo as the best zoo in Europe five times in a row.
There are several Marschner monuments :d he Marschner Monument in Hanover, a statue of the composer and first Hanoverian General Music Director Heinrich Marschner (1795–1861), created in 1877 by the sculptor Ferdinand Hartzer. The Marschner Monument in Zittau, a bust of the Zittau-born composer Heinrich Marschner created in 1888 by the sculptor Ferdinand Hartzer The Marschner Monument in Vienna, a stele erected in 1933 in the Türkenschanzpark in Vienna with a relief by the sculptor Andreas Harsch for the Austrian composer and writer Franz Ludwig Marschner (1855–1932)
24. Gedenktafel Synagoge Floridsdorf
The Floridsdorf Synagogue was a synagogue in the 21st district of Vienna, Floridsdorf. It was built from 1875 to 1877 as a three-nave structure with women's galleries and had 390 seats. Since Floridsdorf was not incorporated into Vienna until 1904, the "K. u. K. Bezirks Hauptmannschaft Korneuburg" was responsible. While the Floridsdorf Temple was initially administered by the Minyan Association, from 1880 it was administered by the Israelitische Kultusgemeinde Floridsdorf. After the incorporation, the Israelitische Kultusgemeinde Wien took over these agendas from 1907.
25. Jüdischer Friedhof Währing
The Jewish Cemetery in Währing, opened in 1784, was the main burial site for members of the Israelitische Kultusgemeinde Wien. Besides the St. Marx Cemetery it is the last remaining cemetery of Vienna in the Biedermeier style. After its closure in the 1880s, it was partially destroyed during the time of the Third Reich, and is now only partly accessible due to its deteriorating condition. A long-running debate over the restoration of the cemetery has been taking place since 2006 between politicians of the federal and local levels as well as experts.
26. Esperanto Museum and Collection of Planned Languages
The Esperanto Museum and Collection of Planned Languages, commonly known as the Esperanto Museum, is a museum for Esperanto and other constructed languages in Vienna, Austria. It was founded in 1927 by Hofrat Hugo Steiner and was incorporated into the Austrian National Library as an independent collection in 1928. Today, it is a museum, library, documentation center, and archive. It accommodates the largest collection of constructed languages in the world and a linguistic research library for language planning. Its catalogue is available online.
27. Oscar Straus
Oscar Nathan Straus was a Viennese composer of operettas, film scores, and songs. He also wrote about 500 cabaret songs, chamber music, and orchestral and choral works. His original name was actually Strauss, but for professional purposes he deliberately omitted the final 's'. He wished not to be associated with the musical Strauss family of Vienna. However, he did follow the advice of Johann Strauss II in 1898 about abandoning the prospective lure of writing waltzes for the more lucrative business of writing for the theatre.
28. Lichtentaler Pfarrkirche
The Lichtental Parish Church is the Roman Catholic parish church of Lichtental, now part of Vienna, Austria. Officially the Lichtentaler Pfarrkirche zu den heiligen vierzehn Nothelfern, it is dedicated to the Fourteen Holy Helpers. The church has elements of Baroque and Neoclassical architecture. It is also known as the Schubertkirche, because Franz Schubert was baptised there in 1797 and wrote several compositions for use in the church, including his first mass for the centenary, first performed on 25 September 1814.
29. Josef Joe Zawinul
Josef Erich Zawinul was an Austrian jazz and jazz fusion keyboardist and composer. First coming to prominence with saxophonist Cannonball Adderley, Zawinul went on to play with Miles Davis and to become one of the creators of jazz fusion, a musical genre that combined jazz with rock. He co-founded the groups Weather Report and The Zawinul Syndicate. He pioneered the use of electric piano and synthesizer, and was named "Best Electric Keyboardist" twenty-eight times by the readers of DownBeat magazine.
30. Pfarrkirche Liesing
The Pfarrkirche Liesing is a Roman Catholic round church in the 23rd district of Vienna Liesing and is located at Färbermühlgasse 6. It is the largest church in the city deanery 23. Built from 1953 to 1955 according to plans by Robert Kramreiter, the building is dedicated to Mary, mother of divine grace and the patron saint of the old church, Saint Servatius. The ringing of the parish church consists of four bells, which are located in the 38 meter high tower, which is set away from the church.
31. Vuk Stefanović Karadžić
Vuk Stefanović Karadžić was a Serbian philologist, anthropologist and linguist. He was one of the most important reformers of the modern Serbian language. For his collection and preservation of Serbian folktales, Encyclopædia Britannica labelled him "the father of Serbian folk-literature scholarship." He was also the author of the first Serbian dictionary in the new reformed language. In addition, he translated the New Testament into the reformed form of the Serbian spelling and language.
32. Alfred Ochshorn
Alfred Gottfried Ochshorn was a Jewish Austrian communist student activist and fighter during the Spanish Civil War. At the end of the Spanish Republic he went to France where he worked as a translator for German troops while also active in forging papers to aid the French Resistance. After being betrayed by an informant, he was arrested in 1943 by the Gestapo and sent to the Mauthausen concentration camp. He died after being shot by a guard, Martin Bartesch, during an escape attempt.
The Votivkirche is a neo-Gothic style church located on the Ringstraße in Vienna, Austria. Following the attempted assassination of Emperor Franz Joseph in 1853, the Emperor's brother Archduke Ferdinand Maximilian inaugurated a campaign to create a church to thank God for saving the Emperor's life. Funds for construction were solicited from throughout the Empire. The church was dedicated in 1879 on the silver anniversary of Emperor Franz Joseph and his wife Empress Elisabeth.
34. Madame Tussauds Vienna
Madame Tussauds Vienna is a wax museum and tourist attraction located at the famous amusement park Wiener Prater in Vienna, Austria. It was founded by Marie Tussaud and is the eleventh location for the Tussauds franchise. It officially opened on 1 April 2011 by the former Austrian president Heinz Fischer. So far, it features more than 80 figures on three floors. Madame Tussauds is now owned and operated by the United Kingdom-based entertainment company Merlin Entertainments.
Opened in 2008, the Rudolf Bednar Park in Vienna's 2nd district, Leopoldstadt, is the largest park in Vienna built since 1974. Named after the district head from 1977 to 1984, the park on part of the former Nordbahnhof site is surrounded in the northeast by new blocks of houses on Vorgartenstraße, in the southeast by the newly created Jakov-Lind-Straße, in the southwest by the Gertrude Fröhlich-Sandner campus and in the northwest by the newly created Krakauer Straße.
Hermesvilla is a palace in the Lainzer Tiergarten in Vienna, a former hunting area for the Habsburg nobility. Emperor Franz Joseph I gave it to his wife Empress Elisabeth, and he called it the "castle of dreams.“ The name of the villa refers to a statue of Hermes made of white marble that is located in the garden of the villa. Today, the Hermesvilla is noted for its art and natural setting, and is used by the Vienna Museum for special exhibitions on cultural history.
37. St. Maria Malankara
The Lainzer Kirche is a church of the Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church in the district Lainz in the 13th district of Vienna Hietzing in the Lainzer Straße 154a. Originally dedicated to the Most Holy Trinity, the Roman Catholic parish church of Lainz and Speising was a Syrian Orthodox church under the patronage of St. Ephrem from 1974 to 2015. Since 2015 it has been a place of worship of the Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church under the patronage of St. Maria Malankara.
38. Maria Geburt
The parish church Maria Geburt is a Roman Catholic church in the 3rd district of Vienna Landstraße at Rennweg 91. Since 1 October 2017, the parish church of the Nativity of Mary has been the parish church of the parish of Maria-Drei-Kirchen in the City Deanery 3 in the Vicariate of Vienna City of the Archdiocese of Vienna. The church is a listed building. It was the church of the former orphanage on Rennweg, where its common name Waisenhauskirche comes from.
39. Hl. Nepomuk
John of Nepomuk was the saint of Bohemia who was drowned in the Vltava river at the behest of Wenceslaus IV of Bohemia. Later accounts state that he was the confessor of the queen of Bohemia and refused to divulge the secrets of the confessional. On the basis of this account, John of Nepomuk is considered the first martyr of the Seal of the Confessional, a patron against calumnies and, because of the manner of his death, a protector from floods and drowning.
40. Kaiser Franz Joseph I.
Franz Joseph I or Francis Joseph I was Emperor of Austria, King of Hungary, and the other states of the Habsburg monarchy from 2 December 1848 until his death on 21 November 1916. In the early part of his reign, his realms and territories were referred to as the Austrian Empire, but were reconstituted as the dual monarchy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in 1867. From 1 May 1850 to 24 August 1866, Franz Joseph was also President of the German Confederation.
41. Miller-von-Aichholz Schlössel
Schloss Miller-Aichholz, today also called Europahaus Wien, at Linzer Straße 429 was originally a baroque building in the Viennese suburb of Hütteldorf. In 1892 it was incorporated into the new 13th district of Vienna, Hietzing, and since 1938 has belonged to the 14th district of Vienna, Penzing. The historic estate with its extensive park is owned by the Republic of Austria. Today, the castle can be booked for weddings, ceremonial events and seminars.
42. Austrian National Theatre
The Burgtheater, originally known as K. K. Theater an der Burg, then until 1918 as the K. K. Hofburgtheater, is the national theater of Austria in Vienna. It is the most important German-language theater and one of the most important theatres in the world. The Burgtheater was opened in 1741 and has become known as "die Burg" by the Viennese population; its theater company has created a traditional style and speech typical of Burgtheater performances.
The Capuchin Church in Vienna, Austria, is a church and monastery run by the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin. Located on the Neuer Markt square in the Innere Stadt near the Hofburg Palace, the Capuchin Church is most famous for containing the Imperial Crypt, the final resting place for members of the House of Habsburg. The official name of the church is Church of Saint Mary of the Angels, but it is commonly known in Vienna as the Capuchin Church.
The Ganserlberg is a hill in the 18th district of Vienna, Währing. It forms the continuation of the ridge from the Schafberg via the Mitterberg and the Gürtel to the Brünnlfeld and is part of the Vienna Woods Mountains. At the same time, the ridge formed the right, southern bank of the Währinger Bach and the left, northern bank of the Alserbach. Today, the hill occupies the area between Anton-Baumann-Park and Johann-Nepomuk-Vogl-Platz.
The Roman Catholic parish church Brigittakirche stands in the 20th district of Vienna, Brigittenau, which was separated from the 2nd district in 1900 on Brigittaplatz. It was built between 1866 and 1874 in neo-Gothic style according to plans by the architect Friedrich von Schmidt and is dedicated to St. Brigitta. The parish is located in the city deanery 2/20 of the Vicariate of Vienna City belonging to the Archdiocese of Vienna.
The Tegetthoff monument in Vienna was designed by Carl Kundmann (statue) and Carl von Hasenauer (architecture) and commemorates Wilhelm von Tegetthoff, Vice Admiral and commander of the Austrian and Austro-Hungarian navies in the 1860s. It stands, unveiled on 21 September 1886, on the Praterstern at the end of Praterstraße in Vienna's 2nd district, Leopoldstadt, at one of the most important transport hubs of the city of Vienna.
47. Beethoven Pasqualatihaus
The Pasqualati House, notable for being a residence of Ludwig van Beethoven, is located in the 1st district of Vienna's Inner City, on the corner of Mölker Bastei 8 and Schreyvogelgasse 16, in an exposed position on the ramp of the former town fortifications. The building, completed in 1797 and home to the composer on several occasions, houses a Beethoven museum in an apartment adjoining the one Beethoven regularly occupied.
The memorial against war and fascism is a work by the Austrian sculptor Alfred Hrdlicka. It has been standing since 1988 on the Albertinaplatz in Vienna – named after Helmut Zilk in 2009 – opposite the Palais Archduke Albrecht and the back of the Vienna State Opera. As a walk-in monument, it is intended to serve as a reminder of the darkest epoch in Austrian history. It is dedicated to all victims of war and fascism.
The Roman Catholic Church of the Holy Guardian Angels, popularly called Paulanerkirche, located in the 4th district of Vienna Wieden, is located at Irene-Harand-Platz at the junction of Favoritenstraße and Wiedner Hauptstraße. It belongs as a branch church to the parish of the Good News in the city deanery 4/5 in the vicariate Vienna city of the Archdiocese of Vienna. The church is a listed building.
50. Pfarrkirche Mariabrunn
The Pfarr- und Wallfahrtskirche Mariabrunn is a Baroque Roman Catholic parish church in Hadersdorf, part of the 14th district of Vienna, Penzing. The patron saint is the Visitation of Mary and is celebrated on July 2nd. The church belongs to the City Deanery 14 in the Vicariate Vienna City of the Archdiocese of Vienna. The church building is structurally connected to the former Mariabrunn Monastery.
The Schottenkirche is a parish church in Vienna attached to the Schottenstift, founded by Hiberno (Irish)-Scots Benedictine monks in the 12th century. In 1418, the Duke Albert V of Austria transferred it to the German-speaking Benedictine monks from the Melk Abbey during the Melker Reform initiated after the Council of Constance. The church was elevated to the rank of Basilica Minor in 1958.
The Gallitzinberg is a forested hill in the West of Austria's capital, Vienna. While it is relatively inconspicuous in the broader context of the Northeastern end of the Wienerwald mountain range, it is nevertheless remarkable because of its multifaceted history, and because it functions as an important recreational area in the Western uphill part of the densely populated Ottakring district.
The Alois-Drasche-Park in the 4th district of Vienna, Wieden, is a 1.6 hectare traffic-free park near the Wiedner Gürtel named after the cloth manufacturer and Wiedner benefactor Alois Drasche. The park is lined with upscale rental houses of late historicist and secessionist character, which Felix Czeike as well as Friedrich Achleitner described as having different architectural qualities.
54. Pfarre St. Benedikt
The parish church of St. Benedikt am Leberberg is a Roman Catholic parish church on the Leberberg in the 11th district of Vienna, Simmering. The parish is located in Deanery 11 of the Vicariate of Vienna City, which belongs to the Archdiocese of Vienna. It was built in 1996 and 1997 and is dedicated to Saint Benedict. It is currently the youngest parish church in the Archdiocese of Vienna.
55. Republik Kugelmugel
The Republic of Kugelmugel is a micronation located at the Prater in Vienna, Austria. The Republic declared independence in 1975, after disputes between artist Edwin Lipburger and Austrian authorities over building permits for a ball-shaped house which he erected at the Landesstraße 4091 in Katzelsdorf, Lower Austria in 1971. In 1979, Lipburger was arrested and sent to jail for ten weeks.
Die Wiener Minoritenkirche ist eine römisch-katholische Hallenkirche am Minoritenplatz im 1. Wiener Gemeindebezirk Innere Stadt und Heimat der italienischsprachigen Gemeinde Wiens. Seit dem 29. Juni 2021 ist die Kirche Eigentum der Priesterbruderschaft St. Pius X. (FSSPX), an die Kirche von der vormaligen Eigentümerin, der Italienischen Kongregation Maria Schnee, geschenkt wurde.
57. Lucia Popp
Lucia Popp was a Slovak operatic soprano. She began her career as a soubrette, and later moved into the light-lyric and lyric coloratura soprano repertoire and then the lighter Richard Strauss and Wagner operas. Her career included performances at Vienna State Opera, the Metropolitan Opera, Covent Garden, and La Scala. Popp was also a highly regarded recitalist and lieder singer.
58. Julius Raab
Julius Raab was a conservative Austrian politician, who served as Federal Chancellor of Austria from 1953 to 1961. Raab steered Allied-occupied Austria to independence, when he negotiated and signed the Austrian State Treaty in 1955. In internal politics Raab stood for a pragmatic "social partnership" and the "Grand coalition" of Austrian Conservatives and Social Democrats.
The Werkbundsiedlung in Vienna is a model house settlement opened in 1932 in the district of Lainz of the 13th district, Hietzing, which is largely owned by the Vienna City Administration. On the originally 70, today 64 single-family houses, 31 architects from home and abroad built. At its opening, it was referred to as the "largest building exhibition in Europe".
60. Baumgarten Brücke
Baumgartenbrücke is named after the 14th century Baumgarten district. It is a bridge over the Wayne River. It connects the Hietzing and Penzing districts of Vienna, is one of the oldest existing bridges in Vienna, and is the last parallel truss of Otto Wagner outside the Vienna Valley. Today, the bridge only goes north, in the direction of 14. Area, passable.
61. Otto Wagner Villa
Villa Wagner One, a villa built between 1886 and 1888 under Otto Wagner's plan, is located at 26 Huttleberg Street in Huttledorf, Germany, and has been part of Villa 13 since 1890/1892 and Villa 14 since 1938. Penzing, the municipal district of Vienna. The villa, currently owned by the heirs of painter Ernst Fuchs, is home to Ernst Fuchs' private museum.
The Deutschmeister-Denkmal is a monument on Deutschmeisterplatz in Vienna's 1st district, Innere Stadt. It was the first large monument of the Danube Monarchy, which was dedicated not to a single person, but to a troop unit. It is possible that the Deutschmeister monument in 1945 was also the model for the Red Army Heroes' Monument on Schwarzenbergplatz.
Geisterschloss is the name of two electrically operated, stationary ghost trains in Vienna's Wurstelprater. The first model was opened in 1933, stood until 1945 and was completely destroyed by war. Although strictly speaking the original "ghost castle" no longer exists, the new ride is often marketed under the same name as "Austria's oldest ghost train".
64. Justizanstalt Wien Mittersteig
The Mittersteig prison is a special institution of the Austrian penal system in the 5th district of Vienna, Margareten. The Mittersteig prison mainly accommodates inmates of the enforcement of measures against sane and mentally abnormal offenders. Non-sane mentally abnormal offenders, on the other hand, are housed in the Göllersdorf and Asten prisons.
65. Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
Gotthold Ephraim Lessing was a philosopher, dramatist, publicist and art critic, and a representative of the Enlightenment era. His plays and theoretical writings substantially influenced the development of German literature. He is widely considered by theatre historians to be the first dramaturg in his role at Abel Seyler's Hamburg National Theatre.
66. Joseph Wessely
The Joseph Wessely Monument is located to the north of Linn é Square, next to the 19th-century University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences. Döbling, Vienna. The monument is the work of Rudolph Weir and was erected in memory of Joseph Wesley, Dean of Maria Brunson Forest College, Dean of Maria Brunson Forest College. It was unveiled in 1908.
The Neuottakringer Church, the Roman Catholic parish church "Zur Heiligen Familie" in Vienna was built in the years from 1894 to 1898 under the protectorate of the Reichsrat member Prince Aloys of Liechtenstein. It is located in the 16th district of Vienna, Ottakring, between Wattgasse, Degengasse, Rückertgasse and Arnethgasse on Familienplatz.
68. Rumänisch-orthodoxe Kirche
The Romanian Orthodox Parish Church of the Holy Resurrection is a church in the 11th district of Vienna, Simmering. It is the seat of the Romanian Orthodox community of Vienna, legal representative of the Romanian Orthodox Church – Patriarchate of Romania for Austria and belongs to the Nuremberg-based diocese for Central and Central Europe.
The Kornhäuselturm is a building built from 1825 to 1827 according to designs by Joseph Kornhäusel in Vienna's 1st district Innere Stadt. At the time of its construction, it was the tallest secular tower in Vienna. With a height of over 35 meters, it is the oldest skyscraper in Vienna according to the current Viennese building regulations.
70. Ernst Fuchs Museum
Ernst Fuchs was an Austrian painter, draftsman, printmaker, sculptor, architect, stage designer, composer, poet, and one of the founders of the Vienna School of Fantastic Realism. In 1972, he acquired the derelict Otto Wagner Villa in Hütteldorf, which he restored and transformed. The villa was inaugurated as the Ernst Fuchs Museum in 1988.
The Josefsbrunnen is a fountain on the west side of the Plague Column on Graben in Vienna's 1st district Innere Stadt. On the east side of the Plague Column is the Leopoldsbrunnen with very similar architecture and architectural history (48° 13′ N, 16° 22′ E). Both combined they are often referred to in the literature as Grabenbrunnen.
72. Maria Hietzing
The Pfarr- und Wallfahrtskirche Maria Hietzing is a Roman Catholic parish church in the district of Hietzing in the 13th district of Vienna. The parish is located in Deanery 13 of the Vicariate of Vienna City, which belongs to the Archdiocese of Vienna. It is dedicated to the Feast of the Nativity of Mary. The building is a listed building.
73. Hl. Franz von Assisi
St. Francis of Assisi Church, also known as the Emperor's Jubilee Church and the Mexico Church, is a Basilica-style Catholic church in Vienna, Austria. Built between 1898 and 1910, it was consecrated in 1913. It is located on the Mexikoplatz in Vienna's Second District, Leopoldstadt, and is administered by the Order of the Holy Trinity.
74. Mega Blitz
Megablitz is a steel roller coaster of the model Custom MK-700 manufactured by Vekoma. It was opened in 1994 in area no. 145 of the Vienna Wurstelprater in Vienna's 2nd district Leopoldstadt. It replaced Cortina Bob, a steel roller coaster of the Jet Star type. The company Neufeld Vergnügungsbetriebe GmbH is the owner of the railway.
75. Jesuitenkirche (St. Ignatius)
The Jesuit Church, also known as the University Church, is a two-floor, double-tower church in Vienna, Austria. Influenced by early Baroque principles, the church was remodeled by Andrea Pozzo between 1703 and 1705. The Jesuit Church is located on Dr. Ignaz Seipel-Platz, immediately adjacent to the old University of Vienna buildings.
76. Hundsturmer Linienkapelle
The Hundsturmer Kapelle is a Roman Catholic former line chapel in the 5th district of Vienna, Margareten, on the corner of Schönbrunner Straße and St.-Johann-Gasse on the edge of the Bruno-Kreisky-Park and belongs to the parish church of St. Josef zu Margareten. It is one of the few line chapels in Vienna that still exists today.
77. Die Macht zu Lande
Die Macht zu Lande is a monumental wall fountain on the façade of the Michaelertrakt of the Hofburg on Michaelerplatz in Vienna's 1st district Innere Stadt. The fountain was designed by the sculptor Edmund von Hellmer, unveiled in 1897 and is a listed building. On the opposite side of Michaelerplatz is the fountain Macht zur See.
78. Pfarrkirche Gartenstadt
The Pfarrkirche Gartenstadt is a Roman Catholic parish church in the district Gartenstadt in the district Neujedlersdorf of the 21st district of Vienna Floridsdorf. The parish is located in the City Deanery 21 of the Vicariate of Vienna City, which belongs to the Archdiocese of Vienna. It is consecrated to the blood of Christ.
79. Pfarrkirche Neumargareten
The Church of the Immaculate Conception is a Roman Catholic parish church in the 12th district of Vienna Meidling and is located at Flurschützstraße 1. The location on the district border with Margareten is reflected in the name of the parish Neumargareten, a former district part of Margareten, which later came to Meidling.
The State Foundation Monument is a monument erected to commemorate the founding of the Austrian Republic in 1918 and its resurrection in 1945. It is located in the Schweizergarten in Vienna's 3rd district Landstraße and was erected on 25 October 1966. It is not to be confused with the Republic Monument on the Ringstrasse.
81. St. Johann Nepomuk
The Pfarrkirche Johannes Nepomuk is a Roman Catholic parish church in the 2nd district of Vienna, Leopoldstadt, on Praterstraße. The parish is located in the Deanery 2/20 of the Vicariate of Vienna City, which belongs to the Archdiocese of Vienna. It is dedicated to St. John of Nepomuk. The building is a listed building.
Jubileumswarte is an observation deck on Mount Gallitzinberg on the western outskirts of Vienna. It is located at Johann-Staud-Straße 80 in 16th century Vogeltenwiese. Vienna Otak forest area is 449 meters above sea level. The observation deck at Jubiläumswarte is free to enter, but it is closed if there is ice or snow.
83. St. Leopold
The Pfarrkirche St. Leopold is a Roman Catholic parish church in the 2nd district of Vienna, Leopoldstadt, at Alexander-Poch-Platz 6. The parish is located in the Deanery 2/20 of the Vicariate of Vienna City, which belongs to the Archdiocese of Vienna. It is dedicated to Saint Leopold. The building is a listed building.
The Sternwartepark is a green space owned by the Austrian Federal Real Estate Company (BIG) in Vienna-Währing, at the centre of which is the Vienna University Observatory. In 1973, a conflict with political expansions broke out over a planned partial development of this area, which attracted a lot of media attention.
85. Theater am Alsergrund
The Theater am Alsergrund is a cabaret and event stage in the 9th district of Vienna, Alsergrund, which was founded by Andreas Hutter (1961–2010) and began operating for the first time on 7 October 1995 in a coal cellar converted by Hutter himself. The theatre is run as an association and offers space for 68 people.
86. St. Josef
St. Joseph's Church is a Roman Catholic church located in the parish of Kalenbergdorf on Kalenberger Hill. Döbling district, Vienna. The former monastery church was the parish church of the settlement. The city of Josefsdorf on Kahlenberg. It's dedicated to St. Joseph. This church is listed as a historical monument.
87. Funeral Museum
The Bestattungsmuseum Wien is a museum in Vienna, Austria. With around 1000 exhibits, the Vienna Funeral Museum gives a comprehensive overview of funeral customs, burial rites, funerary art and the special Viennese perspective on death and provides information on the historical and current funeral services in Vienna.
The (garden) palace Harrach was located in the Ungargasse, today's serial numbers 67a−69, in the Viennese suburb Landstraße, since 1850 part of the 3rd district, on the area where today the school center Ungargasse (SZU) exists. The very large property extended to Juchgasse, Boerhaavegasse and Barmherzigengasse.
The Guard Church or Church of the Resurrectionists in honor of the crucified Savior is located at Rennweg 5a in the 3rd district of Vienna, Landstraße. The classicist central building with interior decoration in the form of courtly Rococo is considered one of the main works of the architect Nikolaus von Pacassi.
The Globe Museum is a museum in the Palais Mollard, Vienna, Austria, part of the Austrian National Library. It was opened in 1956, and is the only public museum in the world devoted to globes, being three-dimensional models of Earth or other celestial bodies, or spherical representations of the celestial sphere.
91. Palm House
The Palmenhaus Schönbrunn is a large greenhouse in Vienna, Austria featuring plants from around the world. It opened in 1882. It is the most prominent of the four greenhouses in Schönbrunn Palace Park, and is also among the largest botanical exhibits of its kind in the world, with around 4,500 plant species.
The Semmelweis-Frauenklinik is a women's clinic in the 18th district of Vienna known as Währing. It is named after Ignaz Semmelweis. The clinic is registered as an historically significant place and is to be found at Bastiengasse 36–38 in Vienna. It encompasses six five-story pavilions surrounded by a park.
The Trinity Church of the Minorites in Vienna, popularly known as Zu den Weißspaniern and today Alserkirche, but also called Trinitarian Church, is the Roman Catholic parish church of the district Alservorstadt in the 8th district of Vienna Josefstadt. The Minorite Monastery Vienna is connected to the church.
"Magere Henne", also known as "Hendlkreuz", is a monument located at Laaer Berg-Straße 100 on the ridge of Laaer Berg. Favoriten District, Oberlaa District, Vienna. The original pillar was built in 1548 by Max Beck from Leopoldsdorf as a boundary stone. The reliefs on the tabernacle were severely weathered.
95. Kirche Maria vom Siege
The Church of Mary of Victory is a former Roman Catholic parish church on Mariahilfer Gürtel in Vienna's 15th district Rudolfsheim-Fünfhaus, which was donated to the Coptic Orthodox Church in 2015. The parish of Fünfhaus was abolished on 30 June 2016 and its territory was added to the parish of Reindorf.
96. Rudolfsheimer Pfarrkirche Maria Königin der Märtyrer
The Rudolfsheimer Pfarrkirche is a Roman Catholic parish church and is located in the 15th district of Vienna Rudolfsheim-Fünfhaus on Kardinal Rauscher-Platz. It is dedicated to Mary, Queen of Martyrs. The Rudolfsheim parish church has been the parish church of the parish of Hildegard Burjan since 2017.
Schweizergarten is a park in Switzerland. The municipal district of Vienna, Landstraße, lies between Belvidil Park and Belvidil Park. Landstraßer Gürtel, Quartier Belvedere or Quartier Belvedere to the north. Arsenal Street and Arsenal and/or Arsenal Street in the west. Gaiga Street in the southeast.
98. Portois & Fix
The house of the company Portois & Fix, which was active in furniture production and interior design, was built in 1899–1901 on their behalf by Max Fabiani in the 3rd district of Vienna, Landstraße, at Ungargasse 59–61. It is his first building in Vienna and is considered one of his major works.
The Pfarrkirche Herz Jesu is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Floridsdorf district of the 21st district of Vienna, Floridsdorf. The parish is located in the City Deanery 21 of the Vicariate of Vienna City, which belongs to the Archdiocese of Vienna. It is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
The Hochstrahlbrunnen is a fountain in Vienna, Austria. It is located on Schwarzenbergplatz and was put into operation on 24 October 1873 in the presence of Emperor Franz Joseph I on the occasion of the completion of the I. Wiener Hochquellenwasserleitung after a construction period of four months.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.