Explore Strijpen in Belgium with this free self-guided walking tour. The map shows the route of the tour. Below is a list of attractions, including their details.All Sightseeing Tours in Strijpen Individual Sights in Strijpen
Sight 1: Sint-Andreaskerk
The Church of the Holy Land, or zottegem, is a neo-Gothic church built in 1897-1898 according to the plan of jules goethals. Since the 12th century, the parish laws of the diocese have been in the hands of Monsainmatine Monastery. In the 12th century, the Episcopal Church was the main church of the parish, and it was a very important church. Of the previous church, only the 15th-century Gothic northern transepartarm is preserved. Interior designs include 17th-century marble baptisms, 18th-century Rococo pulpit and monument paintings, and Christian circumcision. The church has been used as a monument since 1979.
Sight 2: Sint-Andrieskapel
Sint-Andrieskapel may refer to:Sint-Andrieskapel, the monastery chapel of the Sint-Andriesklooster (Maastricht) Sint-Andrieskapel (Strijpen), a road chapel in Strijpen Sint-Andrieskapel (Tielt), the chapel of the Sint-Andries hospital in Tielt
Sight 3: Beislovenpark
The Beislovenpark is a park in the Belgian city of Zottegem.
Sight 4: Egmontpark - Park van Egmont
egmont Park or Park is a park located in the Belgian city of zottegem. In the second half of the 19th century, the park garden surrounded the egmontcast. The park is connected to the Lyenshoff River and Bishoff River parks across the Lyenshoff River. egmontpark has been protected since 1987.
Sight 5: Kasteel van Egmont
The Egmont Castle or Castle of Egmont is a castle in the Egmont Park in the Belgian city of Zottegem. The castle of the successive Lords of Zottegem has an eventful history dating back to the 11th century. In the 16th century, the castle came into the possession of Lamoral of Egmont, the count who was beheaded in 1568 under Alba on the orders of Philip II on the Brussels Grand Place. At the end of the 18th century, the building fell into disrepair and in the 19th century it was radically renovated. It has been used as a public city library since 1982. After the restoration of the castle at the end of the 20th century, civil marriages are performed in the Ridderzaal, municipal council meetings are held, concerts and lectures are given. In 2022, a new restoration of the Egmont Castle started. The Egmont Castle is a protected monument.
Sight 6: Heldenmonument
The Heldenmonument on the Heldenlaan in the Belgian city of Zottegem is a war monument that was erected on 25 September 1921 in memory of the Zottegem victims of the First World War. The monument was designed by sculptor Jules Vits from Melle.
Sight 7: Egmontkamer
Gegmontkamp, a museum about Gemont, is located in the former mayor's office in the city hall and in the Belgian city market.
Sight 8: Egmontstandbeeld
The statue of Lamoral of Egmont or Egmont statue is a statue of the Count of Egmont that was designed in 1818 by Jan-Robert Calloigne. There are three identical statues: two in the Belgian Zottegem and one in the Dutch Egmond aan den Hoef.
Sight 9: Onze-Lieve-Vrouw-Hemelvaartkerk
The Church of Our Lady of the Assumption is a church on the Markt in the Belgian city of Zottegem.
Sight 10: Stoomketelmuseum
The Steam Boiler Museum is a museum in the Belgian city of Zottegem. It opened its doors on 5 July 2015 and is part of the historic factory complex de Sanitary. Since 2015, all city services of Zottegem have been housed here. The museum shows how the two Lancashire steam boilers used to keep the factory running.
Sight 11: Onze-Lieve-Vrouw van Deinsbekekapel
Our chapel wife or our chapel wife is a chapel in a Belgian city. Today's church was built around 1930 and is close to the Doctor goffaffarts Clinic. There has been a chapel since 1717, when a chapel let nayer (e) build a covering on the land donated by Jacobs of Waffles. The church was built on a formidable law against veal and, in legend, a statue of Mary was mysteriously rushed into the vicinity of the place of deinsbein (Bettelhovebeek). Therefore, this place became a pilgrimage site. In fact, our wives came from the statue of Great Mary during the religious chaos in 1480. After 1603, two large statues and several small statues were broken into pieces, including the statue of our dear dinsbeke's wife, who were brought to the same place by the monk adrianus stevens from the monks. In 1742, during the plague epidemic, marched with the statue; The parade became an annual tradition. The first violence against jan took place here in 1743, when he shot at pilgrims with a gun. A new church was built in 1749; The statue of our dear wife was placed in the new chapel on September 5, 1751. In 1798, prayer places in France were demolished; The image of our beloved wife was safely placed at the Baron of the Lake Cup and brought to the church of our wife's ascension in 1802. The 1929 church, with three bistros, is a chapel built in a neo-baroque style with a new chorus. Inside there is a plastered barrel vault and a new pagoda. In 1937, a garden was built around the prayer place. The church has been protected since 1976.
Sight 12: Heilig Hartkerk
The Heilig Hartkerk is a Roman Catholic church building in the Belgian city of Zottegem. It is located on the Heilig Hartplein in the Bevegem district.
Sight 13: Domein Breivelde
The Domain Breivelde or Park van Breivelde is a castle domain with park and arboretum in Grotenberge, a sub-municipality of the Belgian city of Zottegem. The sloping park was laid out in English style at the end of the 19th century. In the domain are a castle, ten ponds, a fountain and a cascade. The extensive lawn reaches to the imitation river bend, in which the castle is reflected so that this pond is sometimes described as a mirror pond. In the Domain Breivelde about thirty different tree species were planted, including common wingnut, bald cypress, monkey tree, atlas cedar, sequoiadendron, plumes, Japanese cypress, giant life tree, tulip tree, Cunninghamia; spring bloomers such as forest anemone also bloom. The domain also includes a play forest and some newer forest expansion areas. Bats live in the ice cellar of Breivelde Castle.
Sight 14: Sint-Petrusbanden en Sint-Berlindiskerk
The Holy Peak Belt and St. Berlin Church (zottegem) of Dashan is a neo-Gothic pseudo-hall church and a copy of St. Laurel Church built from 1851 to 1852. The name of the oldest parish church dates back to 1235. St. Peter's Band Church, then standing in the corner of the church, is on the main street at the height of the current cemetery. At dries, in the corner of the current cave, Park Street, a new parish church was built dedicated to the sint-berlindis. Built between 1848 and 1855, the church was designed by jan-auxt clarisse. Resettlement of villages during construction. Opposite the church is a landscape park, now known as "Domain Weaving", which owns the estate, then owned by August's rock (1805-1881), one of the building's main funders. There are 1855 leo lovaert organs in the church. The church has been protected since 2004, and organs and interiors have been protected since 1980.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.
Download for GPS devices You can download the tour as a GPX file for GPS devices and navigation apps here: Download GPX file