Here you can find interesting sights in Laramie, United States. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 8 sights are available in Laramie, United States.List of cities in United States Sightseeing Tours in Laramie
1. Saint Paul's United Church of Christ
St. Paul's United Church of Christ of Laramie was founded in 1886 as the first German language congregation in Wyoming. The church building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. The cornerstone was laid on July 13, 1890, three days after statehood. Clergy from Chicago and the local Christian, Methodist, Episcopal, Presbyterian and Baptist Churches participated in the ceremony, with an address by Dr. John Wesley Hoyt, former Governor of Wyoming Territory and at the time first president of the University of Wyoming. The building was completed and dedicated on January 18, 1891. It is the oldest church structure in Laramie continuously used by the same congregation. With its stained glass windows and heavy wooden furnishings, St. Paul's is reminiscent of rural German churches. Those elaborate windows and its many simplified Gothic elements make the building unique among Lutheran churches in Wyoming.
2. Snow Train
The Snow Train Rolling Stock, located in Railroad Heritage Park in Laramie, Wyoming, consists of five pieces of Union Pacific Railroad rolling stock. The five vehicles, which are a snow plow, locomotive, tender, bunk car, and caboose, form a snow train, a type of train used to clear snow from rail lines. The snow plow was built as a tender and converted to a wedge-shaped plow in 1953. The locomotive was built in 1903 and served in Wyoming from 1947 to 1957; it served as part of snow trains in 1949 during a blizzard. The bunk car was originally built as an automobile car in 1929 and became a bunk car in 1955; after its retirement, it served as a ticket office for the Wyoming Colorado Railroad. The tender was built between 1907 and 1920, and the caboose was built in 1955.
3. Lehman-Tunnell House
The Lehman-Tunnell Mansion, also known as the Tunnell House, is a Queen Anne style house in Laramie, Wyoming, built in 1891. The house was built by Frank Cook for merchant Edward Lehman and his wife Pauline. In 1919 the Lehmans sold the house to Edward's business partner Frank J. Terry, who defaulted on his loan. During a period of bank ownership the house served for a time as the Kappa Delta sorority house for the University of Wyoming. In 1940 the house was sold to Dr. H. E. Tunnell, a chiropractor, and his wife Ida. Dr. Tunnell died in 1966 and his widow sold the house in 1970.
4. Laramie Plains Museum
The Ivinson Mansion, now the Laramie Plains Museum, was built in 1892 in Laramie, Wyoming by Jane and Edward Ivinson. Designed by architect Walter E. Ware of Salt Lake City and built by local contractor Frank Cook, the house was regarded as the most significant residence in Laramie at its completion. Edward Ivinson gave the mansion to the Episcopal Church, which used it as a boarding school until 1958. After years of neglect, the house was acquired by the Laramie Plains Museum Association in 1972 and is used as a museum and events center.
5. Wyoming Territorial Penitentiary
The Wyoming Territorial Prison is a former federal government prison near Laramie, Wyoming. Built in 1872, it is one of the oldest buildings in Wyoming. It operated as a federal penitentiary from 1872 to 1890, and as a state prison from 1890 to 1901. It was then transferred to the University of Wyoming and was used as an agricultural experiment station until 1989. In 1991, the facility was opened to the public, and in 2004, it was designated as Wyoming Territorial Prison State Historic Site.
6. Charles E. Blair House
The Charles E. Blair House is a late Victorian-style house in Laramie, Wyoming. Built in 1911 it represents a late, austere version of Victorian architecture, using a yellowish "blond" brick that became available after 1900 in Wyoming. The plan is rectangular with two projecting bays crowned by deep gables above the second floor. A broad porch fronts the house. An entry hall in the left front corner contains the stairs. Rooms are mainly accessed from each other.
7. Lincoln Community Center
The Lincoln School in Laramie, Wyoming was built in 1924 and expanded in 1939 and 1958. Originally called the West Side School, served the less prosperous, largely Hispanic neighborhoods on the west side of Laramie. It was closed in 1978 and became the Lincoln Community Center. It was renovated and expanded in 2012.
8. Durlacher House
The Durlacher House, or Durlacher Residence is a Queen Anne style house in Laramie, Wyoming. It was built between 1875 and1878 by Charles Klingerman. In 1878 it was purchased by German immigrants Simon and Hannah Durlacher.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.