Here you can find interesting sights in Forest Grove, United States. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 5 sights are available in Forest Grove, United States.List of cities in United States Sightseeing Tours in Forest Grove
1. Benjamin Cornelius Jr. House
The Benjamin Cornelius Jr. House, also known as the Benjamin Cornelius Jr. and Rachel McKinney Cornelius House, is a historic residence located in Forest Grove, Oregon, United States. It was built around 1873 by carpenter Harley McDonald, one of the first settlers to offer architectural services in Oregon, and is one of only two houses designed by McDonald remaining in Forest Grove. Its Italianate form and Gothic details are highly distinctive in Forest Grove, while its veranda exhibits Colonial styling. Benjamin and Rachel Cornelius, the first occupants of the house, had crossed the Oregon Trail via the Meek Cutoff in 1845; the Cornelius family was instrumental in the foundation of Hillsboro and the town of Cornelius during their lifetime, and Benjamin was also prominently involved in early real estate transactions in the area. Benjamin was murdered in 1881, during the couple's tenure at this house.
2. Stephen and Parthena M. Blank House
The Stephen and Parthena M. Blank House, also known as the Old Stagecoach Stop, is a historic residence located in Forest Grove, Oregon, United States. Built in 1858 or 1859, it is one of Forest Grove's distinctive examples of mid-19th century Greek Revival architecture. Gradual extensions of the structure from the 1850s to the 1880s employed multiple frame construction methods; the house particularly exhibits clear remnants of the balloon-frame and box-frame techniques of the period. Oral tradition suggests that the house was also used as an overnight stagecoach inn on the route between Portland and Tillamook in the late 19th or early 20th century. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
3. Walker Naylor Historic District
The Walker Naylor Historic District, also referred to as Walker's and Naylor's Additions Historic District, located in Forest Grove, Oregon, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP). The district is bounded by Gayles Way on the west, Covey Run Drive on the north, A Street on the east, and 21st Avenue on the south, which is west of Pacific University and north of the city's downtown area. Walker Naylor was added to the NRHP in 2011, the third historic district in Forest Grove. The district has 145 properties covering 32 acres (13 ha), and includes three houses listed on the National Register.
4. Clark Historic District
The Clark Historic District, located in Forest Grove, Oregon, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is a roughly rectangular area with irregular borders of 19th and 16th Avenues on the north and south, and A and Elm Streets on the west and east. It contains 178 historic sites, and the area is named after the Reverend Harvey Clark and his wife, Emeline.
5. First Church of Christ, Scientist Building
The former First Church of Christ, Scientist in Forest Grove, Oregon, United States, is a historic Christian Science church built in 1916. It was designed by Spencer S. Beman, son of the noted designer of Christian Science churches, Solon Spencer Beman who had died in 1914. On January 21, 1994, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.