14 Sights in Pereiaslav, Ukraine (with Map and Images)
Explore interesting sights in Pereiaslav, Ukraine. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 14 sights are available in Pereiaslav, Ukraine.List of cities in Ukraine Sightseeing Tours in Pereiaslav
203 mm howitzer M1931 (B-4) was a 203 mm (8 inch) Soviet high-power heavy howitzer. During the Second World War, it was under the command of the Stavka's strategic reserve. It was nicknamed "Stalin's sledgehammer" by German soldiers. These guns were used with success against Finnish pillboxes at the Mannerheim Line, heavy German fortifications and in urban combat for destroying protected buildings and bunkers. These guns were used until the end of the war in the Battle of Berlin, during which the Red Army used them to smash German fortifications at point blank range with their heavy 203mm shells. In the spring of 1944, a KV-1S tank chassis was used to create a self-propelled variant, the S-51. The heavy recoil from the muzzle blast threw the crew off their seats and damaged the transmission, and so it was cancelled.
2. БМ-13 «Катюша»
The Katyusha is a type of rocket artillery first built and fielded by the Soviet Union in World War II. Multiple rocket launchers such as these deliver explosives to a target area more intensively than conventional artillery, but with lower accuracy and requiring a longer time to reload. They are fragile compared to artillery guns, but are cheap, easy to produce, and usable on almost any chassis. The Katyushas of World War II, the first self-propelled artillery mass-produced by the Soviet Union, were usually mounted on ordinary trucks. This mobility gave the Katyusha, and other self-propelled artillery, another advantage: being able to deliver a large blow all at once, and then move before being located and attacked with counter-battery fire.
The ZIS-150 was a Soviet truck. In 1947 it replaced the ZIS-5 truck on the assembly line. Together with the GAZ-51 it was the main Soviet truck during the 1950s, judging by their quantity. A tractor-trailer version of the ZIS-150, the ZIS-120N was sold from 1956 to 1957. In 1957, the base ZIS-150 model was replaced by ZIL-164, which differed outwardly only by vertical grille bars and bumper. ZIS-150 was also manufactured in Braşov, Romania between 1954 and 1960 as the "Steagul Rosu" SR-101 and in China as the Jiefang CA-10 at First Automobile Works. At least one prototype was built in North Korea under the name "Chollima".
The ISU-152 is a Soviet self-propelled gun developed and used during World War II. It was unofficially nicknamed zveroboy in response to several large German tanks and guns coming into service, including Tigers and Panthers. Since the ISU-152's gun was mounted in a casemate, aiming it was awkward, and had to be done by repositioning the entire vehicle using the tracks. Therefore, it was used as mobile artillery to support more mobile infantry and armor attacks. It continued service into the 1970s and was used in several campaigns and countries.
The IS-3 is a Soviet heavy tank developed in late 1944. Its semi-hemispherical cast turret became the hallmark of post-war Soviet tanks. Its pike nose design would also be mirrored by other tanks of the IS tank family such as the IS-7 and T-10. Too late to see combat in World War II, the IS-3 participated in the Berlin Victory Parade of 1945, the Korean War, in the border conflict during the Sino-Soviet split, the Soviet invasion of Hungary, the Prague Spring, the Russo-Ukraine War, and on both sides during the Six-Day War.
The Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 is a jet fighter aircraft developed by Mikoyan-Gurevich for the Soviet Union. The MiG-15 was one of the first successful jet fighters to incorporate swept wings to achieve high transonic speeds. In aerial combat during the Korean War, it outclassed straight-winged jet day fighters, which were largely relegated to ground-attack roles. In response to the MiG-15's appearance and in order to counter it, the United States Air Force rushed the North American F-86 Sabre to Korea.
7. Літак АН-2
The Antonov An-2 is a Soviet mass-produced single-engine biplane utility/agricultural aircraft designed and manufactured by the Antonov Design Bureau beginning in 1947. Its durability, high lifting power, and ability to take off and land from poor runways have given it a long service life. The An-2 was produced up to 2001 and remains in service with military and civilian operators around the world.
8. Museum of Space Exploration
The Church of St. Paraskeva Friday is a monument of sacred architecture, a wooden church from the village of Vyunyshche, Pereyaslav district. It was built in 1891, in 1971 it was transported from the village, which was planned to flood due to the construction of the Kaniv Reservoir to Pereyaslav-Khmelnitsky. Since 1979, the exposition of the Space Museum has been located in its premises.
9. ХТЗ Т-150
The T-150K is an agricultural energy-saturated wheeled tractor of general purpose, produced by the Kharkiv Tractor Plant. Sergo Ordzhonikidze. At the same time, the most unified with it agricultural energy-saturated tracked tractor of general purpose T-150 is produced. They differ in running systems, turning mechanisms, frames, gearboxes and control systems.
10. ХТЗ ДТ-54
Model dt-54 general purpose crawler agricultural tractor. Tractors were produced by Shilongcao Tractor Factory from 1949 to 1963, Hakkov Tractor Factory from 1949 to 1961 and Altay Tractor Factory from 1952 to 1979. A total of 957,900 units were constructed.
The ZiS-2 is a Soviet 57 mm anti-tank gun used during World War II. The ZiS-4 is a version of the gun that was meant to be installed in tanks. ZiS stands for Zavod imeni Stalina, the official title of Artillery Factory No. 92, which produced the gun first.
The 76-mm divisional gun M1942 (ZiS-3) was a Soviet 76.2 mm divisional field gun used during World War II. ZiS was a factory designation and stood for Zavod imeni Stalina, the honorific title of Artillery Factory No. 92, which first constructed this gun.
The SD-57 is a post-war Soviet 57-mm self-propelled anti-tank gun designed by K. V. Belyaevsky and S. F. Komissaryk. It is designed to destroy lightly armored vehicles, destroy enemy manpower and fire means outside the shelters and behind light shelters.
In 1944, when the territory of the USSR was almost freed from the troops of the Wehrmacht, the country's leadership decided to build new automobile and car assembly plants in Kutaisi, Dnepropetrovsk, Odessa, Novosibirsk and Irkutsk.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.