Explore interesting sights in Lutsk, Ukraine. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 19 sights are available in Lutsk, Ukraine.List of cities in Ukraine Sightseeing Tours in Lutsk
1. Church of Orthodox Fellowship of the True Cross
The Lutsk Orthodox Fellowship of the True Cross is an architectural and historical complex consisting of a church and a monastery and located on the border of the market and Bratskiy Mist squares in Lutsk, Ukraine. The buildings were constructed during the 1630s and 1640s, and were the political center of the Orthodox people of Volyn. The Lutsk fellowship began to decline at the turn of the 18th century, and the buildings deteriorated. They were damaged by fire during the 18th century, and the church was almost completely destroyed a century later. While the monastery building remains nearly as it was designed, the church has been rebuilt many times; the apse and reconstructed dome are its only original parts. The monastery is an apartment building; the church is used by the Volyn Fellowship of Saint Andrew, heir to the Lutsk Orthodox Fellowship.
The T-64 is a Soviet tank manufactured in Kharkiv, and designed by Alexander Morozov. The tank was introduced in the early 1960s. It was a more advanced counterpart to the T-62: the T-64 served in tank divisions, while the T-62 supported infantry in motorized rifle divisions. It introduced a number of advanced features including composite armour, a compact engine and transmission, and a smoothbore 125-mm gun equipped with an autoloader to allow the crew to be reduced to three so the tank could be smaller and lighter. In spite of being armed and armoured like a heavy tank, the T-64 weighed only 38 tonnes. Soviet military planners considered the T-64 the first of the third-generation tanks and the first main battle tank.
3. Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral
The Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral in Lutsk, Ukraine, forms part of the Bernardine Monastery and Church. It is located on Theatre Square in the center of the city. The monastery was built in 1721. The church, designed by architect Paweł Giżycki, was completed in 1789. Removed from ownership of the Bernardine monks in the second half of the 19th century, the complex of buildings was donated to the Eastern Orthodox community of Lutsk. In the 1870s, the church was reconstructed by adding a bell tower above the narthex and a central dome. Nowadays the church is the Holy Trinity Cathedral, belonging to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. The former Bernardine monastery is used as a library and for small shops.
4. Museum of Volyn Icon
The Museum of Volyn Icon in Lutsk, a department of the Volyn Museum of Local Lore was opened in August 1993. This is the only museum in Ukraine that represents the original regional school of Volyn icon painting. The collection of the museum totals more than 1.5 thousand rubles. monuments of sacred art, namely more than 600 icons of the XVI-XIX centuries, metal-plastic objects, decorative carvings and sculpture. The creation of the collection is associated with the name of the famous Ukrainian art critic Pavlo Zholtovsky (1904-1986), who headed the scientific expeditions of the Volyn Museum of Local Lore of the 1980s to study and collect historical and cultural monuments in the temples of Volyn.
The ISU-152 is a Soviet self-propelled gun developed and used during World War II. It was unofficially nicknamed zveroboy in response to several large German tanks and guns coming into service, including Tigers and Panthers. Since the ISU-152's gun was mounted in a casemate, aiming it was awkward, and had to be done by repositioning the entire vehicle using the tracks. Therefore, it was used as mobile artillery to support more mobile infantry and armor attacks. It continued service into the 1970s and was used in several campaigns and countries.
6. Lutsk Brotherhood History Museum
The Museum of the History of Lutsk Brotherhood is the only museum in Ukraine dedicated to a separate fraternal organization. Its opening took place on September 27, 2011 on the Orthodox holiday of the Exaltation of the Honest Cross. The museum exposition is located in the premises of the former fraternal Monastery of the Cross. By joint efforts, it was organized by the modern successor of the historical brotherhood — the Volyn Regional Brotherhood of St. Ap. Andrei Pervozvanny and Volyn Museum of Local Lore.
The BTR-50 is a Soviet amphibious armored personnel carrier (APC) based on the PT-76 light tank. The BTR-50 is tracked, unlike most in the BTR series, which are wheeled. The BTR-50 shares many similarities with two other APCs, the OT-62 TOPAS and the Type 77. While the OT-62 is an improved copy of the BTR-50 developed jointly by Czechoslovakia and Poland, the Type 77, based on the Type 63 amphibious light tank developed by the People's Republic of China (PRC), is not a copy of the BTR-50.
8. Saint Peter and Paul Cathedral
The Cathedral of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, or the Cathedral of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, is an architectural monument of national importance, which is located in the historical and cultural reserve "Old Lutsk" on Cathedral Street in Lutsk. The church and the college belonged to the Jesuit Order and were built for its needs. Today, the collegium is used as an educational institution, and the church is the cathedral of the Lutsk Diocese.
9. Great Synagogue
The Great Synagogue in Lutsk, Ukraine, is a Renaissance building with a tower. Located in the Jewish quarter, it was the religious, educational and community centre of Lutsk Jews until the invasion of Poland in the Second World War. It was built in 1626 and is a good example of a fortress synagogue. Partially destroyed in 1942, the synagogue was restored in the 1970s. It is now used as a sports club.
10. Klykun Kavus
Whooper — 1) a tower watch, a night guard on the tower, a starostynsky or castle clerk who, in the event of an enemy offensive or fire, had to sound the alarm; alternated on the castle or church tower; 2) an alerter, a caller, an exclamator, a spokesman, a whistleblower, a bochtar, a magistrate or city official who announced official acts, news and sentences in crowded places.
The BMP-1 is a Soviet amphibious tracked infantry fighting vehicle, in service 1966–present. BMP stands for Boyevaya Mashina Pyekhoty 1, meaning "infantry fighting vehicle, 1st serial model". The BMP-1 was the first mass-produced infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) of the Soviet Union. It was called the M-1967, BMP and BMP-76PB by NATO before its correct designation was known.
12. Lubart's Castle
Lutsk Castle or Lubart's Castle is the upper castle of Lutsk, one of the two (partially) preserved castles of the city, a monument of architecture and history of national importance. One of the largest, oldest and best preserved castles in Ukraine. The main object of the historical and cultural reserve "Old Lutsk", a cultural center and the oldest building in Lutsk.
13. Holovan' House
The house of the sculptor Golovan, unofficially "Lutsk House with Chimeras" is an architectural monument of our time, located on the territory of the Historical and Cultural Reserve "Old Lutsk" on the banks of the river Styr. The project of the house was developed by Volyn architect Rostyslav Georgievich Metelnytsky. It was built by sculptor Nikolai Golovan.
The BTR-70 is an eight-wheeled armored personnel carrier originally developed by the Soviet Union during the late 1960s under the manufacturing code GAZ-4905. On August 21, 1972, it was accepted into Soviet service and would later be widely exported. Large quantities were also produced under license in Romania as the TAB-77.
The BRDM-1 is a Soviet amphibious armored scout car. It was the first purpose-built Soviet reconnaissance vehicle to enter service since the BA-64 and was built on the chassis and drive train of the BTR-40 armored personnel carrier. It is the world's first mass-produced combat vehicle of its class.
16. Dominican monastery
The Monastery of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, the Dominican Monastery is a monastery of the first Lutsk Catholic Order; an architectural monument of national importance, located on Dragomanov Street, 26, in the historical and cultural reserve "Old Lutsk".
The BTR-60 is the first vehicle in a series of Soviet eight-wheeled armoured personnel carriers (APCs). It was developed in the late 1950s as a replacement for the BTR-152 and was seen in public for the first time in 1961. BTR stands for Bronetransporter.
18. Armenian Church of Saint Stephan
The Armenian Church of St. Stephen is an ancient church of Lutsk Armenians. It was built in 1427, or XVI century. In Soviet times, it was rebuilt into a residential building, which it is today. Located at Galshki Gulevichovna Street, 12.
19. Mykhailo Hrushevsky
The monument to Mykhailo Hrushevskyi in Lutsk is a monument to the Ukrainian historian, politician and public figure Mykhailo Hrushevskyi. It is located in the central part of the city on Peremohy Avenue.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.