Here you can find interesting sights in Hlukhiv, Ukraine. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 8 sights are available in Hlukhiv, Ukraine.List of cities in Ukraine Sightseeing Tours in Hlukhiv
1. Танк Т-34-76
The T-34 is a Soviet medium tank introduced in 1940. Its 76. 2 mm (3 in) tank gun was less powerful than its contemporaries while its 60-degree sloped armour provided good protection against anti-tank weapons. The Christie suspension was inherited from the design of American J. Walter Christie's M1928 tank, versions of which were sold turret-less to the Red Army and documented as "farm tractors", after being rejected by the U. S. Army. The T-34 had a profound effect on the conflict on the Eastern Front in the Second World War, and had a lasting impact on tank design. After the Germans encountered the tank in 1941 during Operation Barbarossa, German general Paul Ludwig Ewald von Kleist called it "the finest tank in the world" and Heinz Guderian affirmed the T-34's "vast superiority" over German tanks. Alfred Jodl, chief of operations staff of the German armed forces noted in his war diary "the surprise at this new and thus unknown wunder-armament being unleashed against the German assault divisions," although its armour and armament were surpassed later in the war.
2. Миколаївська церква
St. Nicholas Church is a church built on the site of the wooden church of the same name, which burned down during the fire of the Hlukhiv castle in 1685. It is the oldest building of Glukhov and a monument of history and architecture of national and world importance. It is considered the only one of the many temples that has survived to this day, built by the outstanding architect Matthew Efimov.
3. Башта водогону
Water tower in local meaning of building muffler scenic spot, guard number 112cm. One of the main landmark buildings of Deaf Town in Sumu District. The tower was built in the 1920s of the xx of the 20th century, however, despite its younger age compared to other city landmarks, it is a symbol of the deaf and mute. The water tower can be seen from tens of kilometers away from the city.
4. Спасо-Преображенська церква
The Transfiguration Church is a tetraconch church in the city of Hlukhiv. It stood outside the former citywide fortifications and therefore was called "Zagradskaya". Now the church is located in the very center of Glukhov on Rudchenko Square near the Three Anastasievsky Church and is one of the main architectural decorations of the city.
The GAZ-MM is a medium-duty truck produced at the Gorki Auto Plant from 1938 to 1948, and then at the Ulyanovsky Auto Plant, up to 1956. The truck was a modernized variant of the GAZ-AA truck, but using the engine from the GAZ-M1, upgrading the vehicle's power to 50 hp.
DT-54 is a tracked agricultural tractor of general purpose. The tractor was produced from 1949 to 1963 by the Stalingrad Tractor Plant, from 1949 to 1961 by the Kharkov Tractor Plant, from 1952 to 1979 by the Altai Tractor Plant. A total of 957,900 units were built.
7. Вознесенська церква
Ascension Church is a church built in 1767 on the city's old Voznesensk cemetery, known since the XVIII century, by the artel of folk craftsmen under the general supervision of architect A. V. Kvasov on the northeastern outskirts of Glukhov.
Chiss-2 57 mm anti-tank gun. The main designer is in. Grabin city. The development began in May 1940, and in early 1941, zis-2 guns were used in weapons, officially named "1941 Sample 57 mm Anti-tank Gun".
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.