Here you can find interesting sights in Veliky Novgorod, Russia. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 27 sights are available in Veliky Novgorod, Russia.Back to the list of cities in Russia
1. Митрополичья башня
The Metropolitan Tower, a cylindrical tower of Novgorod Detinets, is a monument to 15th-century military defense buildings. The tower is round, round and round, with a diameter of 13.6 meters, a wall thickness of 3.1 meters, a wall height of 16.3 meters and a stone foundation buried depth of 3.5 meters. It was built from 1484 to 1499, probably on the old foundation. At the top of the tower is a 10-meter-high tent, restored according to the 17th century list. The walls of the tower face the moat and are cut from a three-story arched cave in the 15th century. The levels of the tower are separated by wooden platforms, which are connected by a staircase system.
2. Покровская башня
The Pokryv Tower is the four -year tower of the Novgorod Detinz. Built at the end of the 16th century. Rectangular in terms of 16 × 10.5 m with six combat tiers. The height of the tower with teeth is 18 m, and the thickness of the walls at the level of the first tier is more than 3 m. A thirteen -meter tower is crowned by the tower, the tower protrudes outside the fortress wall by more than 9 m. The walls of the monument are cut through the boys - 55 embrasures. Of all the floors, the boxes of two lower tiers have been preserved. Ancient wooden ties are replaced by metal.
3. Церковь Петра и Павла на Сильнище (на Синичьей горе)
Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul in Sinichya Gora (Russian: Церковь Петра и Павла на Синичьей горе, Tserkov Petra i Pavla na Sinichyey Gore) in Veliky Novgorod is one of Russia's oldest churches, dating from 1192. The church is located at the Saint Peter Cemetery, on the left (Sofiysky) bank of the Volkhov River, outside of the limits of the old city.
4. Княжая башня
Prince Tower is a quadrilateral unmanned tower in the southwest of Novgorod de Tinz. The plane of the tower is a "square" of 9 × 9. 8 meters, with a height of 18.5 meters and a wall thickness of 2 meters. Originally, the tower had six floors, with the first and third floors supported by brick vaults, but now the floors have been removed. The tower has an exit to the wall.
5. Златоустовская башня
Zlatoustovskaya Tower is a quadrilateral blind tower of Novgorod Detinets. The tower has four floors and was built in the late 15th century. On the basis of early architecture. The tower takes its name from the nearby John Zlatuste Church, built in the 14th century and in existence until 1694, on the west side of the Kremlin, on the west side of the congregation building.
6. Церковь Николая Чудотворца
The Church of Nikola Bely is an invalid Orthodox Church in Veliky Novgorod, a former temple of the abolished Nikolo-Belsky monastery. It is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Object "Historical Monuments of Novgorod and Equalisms." Built in the XIV century, was rebuilt in the XVII and XIX centuries. Located on Bredova-Zverina Street, near the animal of the monastery.
7. Костёл Петра и Павла
The Church of St. Peter and Paul is a Catholic church in Great Novgorod. It belongs administratively to the northwest region of the Archdiocese of the Mother of God and is headed by Archbishop Paul Page. Building monuments. Located at: Bolshaya St. Petersburgskaya, 12. The temple has a spiritual literature library and holds charity organ concerts.
8. Софийская звонница
The Charny of the Sofia Cathedral is an architectural monument of the XV -XVIII centuries in the Novgorod Detinz. It is a multi -melted, anx -shaped plowed structure. For the first time in the annals, it is mentioned in 1437, when the information is given that during the flood the belfry fell into Volkhov along with the fortress wall.
9. Церковь Бориса и Глеба
The Church of Boris and Gleb in the carpenters is the parish church of the Novgorod diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church in Veliky Novgorod. Located in the northwest corner of the Plotnitsky end of the trading side. It was erected in 1536 at the site of a more ancient building, which was disassembled before.
10. Вечный огонь
The memorial “Eternal Flame of Glory” in Veliky Novgorod is located on the territory of the Novgorod Detin between the Zlatoust and the now nonexistent Resurrection Tower. The authors are Leningrad artists and architects Y. A. Svirsky, V. M. Skorokhodov, E. M. Rapoport, P. Yu. Yushkantsev.
11. Магдебургские врата
The Magdeburg gates are the Romanesque bronze gates of the mid -12th century, located on the western side of the Sofia Cathedral in Novgorod, where the main entrance to the temple was located. Now they open only during the holidays, when the archbishop of Novgorod and Starorussky is serving.
12. церковь Иоанна Богослова на Витке
Vitka Theologian John Church is a church of the Russian Orthodox Church of Old Believers in St. Petersburg and Tver Parish, located in Great Novgorod, on the right bank of the Walhov River, at the confluence of the Vitka River. Boris and Gleb Church, 160 meters north of Carpenter's Church.
13. Трапезная с колокольней на Михалице
Mikhail Malein Church is the Orthodox Church of Great Novgorod, formerly the Church of the Monastery of Rozhdestvensky. It was built in the 16th century and rebuilt in the 17th century. The church constitutes a single building with a dining room. Modern address: 14 Molotkovskaya Street.
14. башня Кокуй
Kokuy is a quadrangular, non-passing tower in the southwest of Novgorod Detinets, which is different from other towers for its peculiar shape and height. The tower is rectangular, with a base area of 8.5 × 10. 4 meters, a tower height of 38.5 meters and a wall thickness of 2 meters.
15. Софийский собор
Hagia Sophia Cathedral is the main Orthodox Church of Great Novgorod, which was built in 1045-1050 and is the cathedral of Novgorod Metropolis. For centuries, it was the spiritual center of Novgorod Republic. The earliest preserved ancient Russian temple in Russia.
16. церковь Сретения Господня
The Presentation of Notre Dame is a parish church in the Russian Orthodox Diocese of Novgorod, Great Novgorod, formerly the church of the Monastery of Antoniev. It was built in the 16th century. The church constitutes a single building with a dining room.
17. собор Рождества Пресвятой Богородицы
The Church of the Nativity of the Theotokos is a katholikon completed in 1122 in the Monastery of St. Antony, Veliky Novgorod. Dedicated to the Nativity of the Theotokos, it is one of the few buildings surviving in Russia from the early 12th century.
18. Воскресенская арка
The Voskresenskaya Arch, a passageway arch on the walls of the Kremlin in Novgorod, was built in the early 19th century on the ruins of the destroyed Voskresenskaya Tower. The arch is the entrance to Kremlin territory from the side of Sophia Square.
19. Пречистенская арка
The Prechistenskaya Arch, a passageway arch on the walls of the Kremlin in Novgorod, was built in the early 19th century on the ruins of the destroyed Prechistenskaya Tower. The arch is the entrance into Kremlin territory from the Walhoff side.
20. Белая (Алексеевская) башня
Alekseevskaya Tower is the only preserved stone tower of the roundabout city of Veliky Novgorod. Built in the 16th century for the defense of the city from the south. The name of the wooden church of Alexei the man of God received its name.
21. Никитский корпус
Nikitsky Korpus is a historic building in the Novgorod Kremlin, built between the 15th and 19th centuries. It is located in the northeast of Vladychny Courtyard Territory, from the fortress wall to the direction of Hagia Sophia Cathedral.
22. Пантелеймоновская церковь
Panteleimon Church, known in Novgorod as Nikolo-Kochanovskaya or Nikola Kochanov, is located at the intersection of Yakovleva Street and Tikhvinskaya Street, on the Sofia side, on the territory at the end of the historic Nerevsky.
23. Антониев монастырь
Antoniev Monastery is an abolished monastery in Novgorod, one of the centers of the spiritual life of the Novgorod Republic. Located on the right bank of the Volkhov River north of the city center. Address: st. Antonovo, 1.
24. Кордегардия у Петербургской заставы
Cordegardia, near the St. Petersburg outpost, is a guard room that marks the boundaries of the city of Novgorod from the St. Petersburg side. It is located on Bolshaya St. Petersburgskaya Street on the Okolny Gorod Line.
25. Стела Город Воинской Славы
The monument stone tablet of "City of Military Glory" is a monument built to commemorate the honorary title of "City of Military Glory" of the Russian Federation awarded to Greater Novgorod. It opened on May 8, 2010.
26. Фёдоровская башня
Fedorovskaya Tower is a cylindrical tower of Novgorod Detinets, a monument to 15th century military defense buildings. The cave is large and has arched parts, which are shaped like windows closed with wooden blinds.
27. Зверин монастырь
The Zverin Monastery is a monastery in Veliky Novgorod, located on the left bank of the Volkhov River, north of the Kremlin. This is one of the oldest Russian monasteries, founded before the 12th century.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.