Here you can find interesting sights in Kirillov, Russia. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 11 sights are available in Kirillov, Russia.Back to the list of cities in Russia
1. Церковь Епифания
The Church of Bishop Epiphanius of Cyprus is an unfortunate Church-squealed, adjacent from the east to the other Church of the Assumption Cathedral of the Kirillo-Belozersky monastery-the Church of the Equal-to-the-Apostles Grand Duke Vladimir, being his slightly increased copy. The temple was built over the coffin of Prince Fyodor Teleytevsky-Mikulinsky, who was the stoller and governor in Astrakhan, with the death of which the Kindly clan, the last industry of the Tver princely house, was stopped. Epiphanius Cyprus is his heavenly patron, since after tonsure in the monks the prince took the name Epiphanius. The church was built by local masons, led by Yakov Kostousov. The interior of the temple has reached this day practically unchanged. There were no paintings in the temple. The initial iconostasis, almost without later alterations, is well preserved. The church was one example for the construction of the hospital church of Evfimiy the Great.
The bell tower of the Kirillo-Belozersky Monastery was the last bell tower as a separate structure outside the church on the territory of the Kirillo-Belozersky Monastery Complex. Built from 1757 to 1761 by the Vologda Art Company under the leadership of Fyodor Zhukov, a mason at the Spaso-Prilutsky monastery, on the site of the bell tower before the 16th and 17th centuries. This is a rather heavy building, displayed in the baroque style of provincial northern Russia. Seen alone, it doesn't seem to be particularly successful, but it fits perfectly with the overall outline of the monastery. The ancient traditions of pre-Petrovsky architecture influenced the design of roofs and eaves, to a certain extent linking the architectural language of the bell tower with other buildings nearby without creating annoying contrast.
3. Церковь Кирилла
The Church of the Pastor Kirill Belozersky is a small church adjacent to the Cathedral of the Ascension of Our Lady of Kirillo-Belozersky Monastery to the west. The early church in 1585 is a replica of the Grand Cathedral of Vladimir, the Apostle of Equality. However, in the 18th century, the church was demolished and replaced with a new Baroque church. She is definitely the strangest element of the whole temple. An open church.
4. Церковь Иоанна Предтечи
The Church of the Beheading of the Head of John the Baptist with the chapel of St. Kirill Belozersky is a cathedral church of the Small Ivanovo Monastery on the territory of the Kirillo-Belozersky Monastery, built on the contribution of the Great Moscow Prince Vasily III after the birth of his son, the future Ivan the Terrible, which was considered the merit of the monastery.
5. Церковь Преображения
The Watergate, with the main transformation of the Summer Gate Church, is part of the Russian Orthodox Kirilo-Belozelskiy monastery complex. It's one of the most memorable buildings when visiting the monastery, especially in the summer, and when the gates are open you can go straight into Lake Seaver from the territory of the museum reserve.
6. Собор Казанской иконы Божией Матери
The Cathedral of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God is the Orthodox Cathedral Church in the city of Kirillov, the Vologda region, built at the turn of the XVII and XVIII centuries. The Cathedral of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God is the object of cultural heritage of regional significance.
7. Церковь Введения во храм Пресвятой Богородицы с Трапезной палатой
The church that introduced Mary to the temple is an architectural monument, one of twelve churches in the Kirilo-Belozelsk Museum of History, Architecture and Art-protected area. The church, along with the main dining room of the Kirillo-Belozersky monastery, is a single complex.
8. Домик келаря
Kelar's house is a two-story "G"-shaped annex on the territory of Kirillo-Belozersky monastery in the second half of the 17th century. Among the other buildings, the most striking is the well-preserved decoration of the south facade and the passageway arch on the northeast side.
9. Деревянная церковь Ризоположения из села Бородавы
Rizozitsa church in Borodava village, a wooden church in Borodava village, located near Ferapontov monastery, was transferred to the territory of Kirillo-Belozersky monastery in Kirillo town and is the oldest exact age monument in Russian wooden architecture.
10. Церковь Евфимия
The Hospital Church of Uffimi the Great is a small hospital church located in the territory of the Abbey of the Ascension of the Great Lady in the south. Nearby is a big hospital ward. The monastery's last cult building and only stone tent church.
11. Церковь Архангела Гавриила
Archangel Gabriel Church is one of two churches in Kirilo-Belozel Monastery, which was built with the contribution of Grand Duke Vasily III of Moscow. Both churches were built at the same time, probably by a Rostov art center.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.