Here you can find interesting sights in Zgorzelec, Poland. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 13 sights are available in Zgorzelec, Poland.List of cities in Poland Sightseeing Tours in Zgorzelec
1. The Holy Sepulchre
The Holy Sepulchre in Görlitz, also known as Görlitz Jerusalem, was created as a religious work of art that extends from the crypt of the Church of St. Peter and Paul across the urban space to the Holy Sepulchre. It is one of the main attractions of the city. The Holy Sepulchre Chapel in the city on the Neisse, which became the model for many comparable complexes due to its early date of origin, is a reduced copy of the Jerusalem original from the time of the High Middle Ages, whose accuracy has not been achieved in any other replica of the Holy Sepulchre in Germany. It was deliberately integrated into the landscape. The original Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem was examined by the future mayor Georg Emmerich and Agnete Fingerin when they made a pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
The Ratsapotheke, also known as Struve-Apotheke, is one of the most famous town houses in the historic old town of Görlitz. The Renaissance building is located on the northern part of the Untermarkt and is the corner house to the Peterstraße. On the side facing the lower market, the house bears two sundials of Zacharias Scultetus – a brother of the Görlitz astronomer and mathematician Bartholomäus Scultetus. The Renaissance gable of the house faces Peterstraße.
The rectangular Wilhelmsplatz in the southern inner city is the largest square in Görlitz with an east-west extension of over 200 m and a north-south spread of about 100 m. The middle of the square is a large lawn surrounded by flower beds as planting bands. A row of hedges and a row of trees separates the green square from the busy Jakobstraße in the west. Wilhelmsplatz is located between the city centre and Görlitz train station.
4. Most kolejowy w Zgorzelcu
The Neisse Viaduct in Görlitz is a railway bridge over the Lusatian Neisse between Germany and Poland. The 475-metre-long viaduct is one of the largest and oldest railway bridges in Germany. It was opened in 1847 with the railway line between Görlitz and Kohlfurt as part of the then railway connection between the Saxon capital Dresden and the Silesian provincial capital Breslau.
5. Neues Rathaus
The town hall of the city of Görlitz has been the place of municipal administration, power and jurisdiction since about 1350; In 1369 it was first documented as a town hall by a document of the Görlitz Council. Its magnificent interior dates back to the Renaissance period. It consists of several contiguous buildings at Untermarkt 6–8 and is now the seat of several offices.
The 45m tall Nikolai Tower probably erected before 1250 is part of the historic fortification of Görlitz. It is located inside the inner part of Görlitz between the old town and the historic nikolai suburb (Nikolaivorstadt). Together with the Thick Tower and the Reichenbach Tower three of four fortified towers are still preserved in Görlitz.
The Finstertor, also called Armesündertor, was part of the fortification of the Görlitz suburbs. It formed the northern entrance to Nikolaivorstadt, which was surrounded by a mud wall and fences. The ogival passage had a portcullis. The Dark Gate is the only surviving gate of the fortification of the suburbs.
8. Vierradenmühle Görlitz
The Vierradenmühle was one of three large flour mills in the city of Görlitz. But it also served the cloth makers and tanners as a fulling mill. In its place there is now a turbine house for generating electricity and an inn, which has taken up the name Vierradenmühle again.
9. Brauner Hirsch
The Brauner Hirsch is a Baroque town house in the town of Görlitz in Upper Lusatia, Germany. The corner house is located on the eastern side of the Untermarkt and on the Neissstraße, which continues towards the Old Town Bridge over the Lusatian Neisse.
The Woad House is the oldest secular building of Görlitz. During its rich history it served various purposes and underwent numerous alterations. The common name Woad House is based on the woad that was stored in this building in the 16th century.
11. St Nicholas’ Church
The Nikolaikirche is a profaned Gothic hall church in Görlitz, the easternmost city in Germany. It is surrounded by the Nikolaikirchhof and is used as an exhibition and memorial space. It is owned by the Evangelische Kulturstiftung Görlitz.
12. Cerkiew pw. Świętych Równych Apostołom Konstantyna i Heleny
The Church of Saints Equal to the Apostles Constantine and Helena is an Orthodox parish church in Zgorzelec. It belongs to the Lubin deanery of the Diocese of Wrocław-Szczecin of the Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church. Temporary temple.
The solar organ of St. Peter's and Paul's Church in Guerlitz is a special feature. In the prospectus of 1703, there were 17 suns with organ pipes. The current plant was built by Mathis Orgelbau in 1997.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.