Here you can find interesting sights in Sosnowiec, Poland. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 24 sights are available in Sosnowiec, Poland.List of cities in Poland Sightseeing Tours in Sosnowiec
1. Park Mieroszewskich
Mieroszewski Park in Zagórze - the oldest, historic park in Sosnowiec, founded between the end of the 18th and the beginning of the 19th century. Entered in the register of monuments under number 703/63 as part of the palace and park complex. Once he stretched from Gródek Knight to Cologne MEC. Currently designated by the area along November 11, Armii Krajowej and Dworska - it covers an area of 6.4 ha. The park stand is built, among others, by pedunculate oak, elevated ash, beech, maple, sycamore. Many of them are over 100 years old. Four specimens have the status of a natural monument: pedunculate oak, ordinary maple, Jawor clone and elevated ash. The vegetation also includes: bear garlic, Gajowy, yellow, granuloma and yellow. The huge advantage of the park is the natural, forest - feverish character.
2. Dworzec PKP Sosnowiec Główny
Sosnowiec Główny - railway station in Sosnowiec - one of the most important in the Śląskie Voivodeship, located in the city center, at 3 Maja Street. According to the PKP classification, the station has the highest premium category. It was established on August 24, 1859 as part of the connection between the Warsaw-Vienna Railways and the Upper Silesian Railway as a border station, which over time gave rise to the city of Sosnowiec. The station is also a railway junction, from which the lines depart towards Katowice, Central Warsaw and the tunnel. Trains of all categories, including your railway lines and Express Intercity, as well as international trains leave it.
3. Park Dietla
Dietla Park-a historic city park in Sosnowiec, with an area of 6.13 ha, located at Żeromskiego Street in the Pogoń district in Sosnowiec, founded in 1901 by Heinrich Dietl, as part of the complex, including the Palace of Dietl, creating a palace and park band. The park was complemented by buildings belonging to the owner and was built at the latest. He was an interesting example of a neo -romantic composition, with artificial caves, lakes and hills. The focal point of the park was the hill with the Roman-Doric Temple of Dumania located on it.
4. Górka Środulska
Środula ski slope-an artificial slope built in the Park Środula, created in 2002-2005 in the areas of former PGR fields, transformed as part of the revitalization of dopalted areas from the material from the liquidation of the heap of the former Sosnowiec mine. The general contractor of the facility was the "Maczka-Bór" sand mine. The architectural design was made by Jurand Jarecki and Marek Gierlotka. About a million cubic meters of Earth were used for construction. The amount of the highest point is almost 319.5 m a.s.l.
5. Stary Dworzec Kolejowy
Katowice historic train station was the main railway station of Katowice, in the Silesia region of what is now Poland. Built in 1859 and reconstructed and expanded several times, it was judged obsolete after World War II, and in 1972 decommissioned and replaced by the newly built Katowice railway station. Three years later it was declared a National Monument. It is partially ruined and owned by a private developer who plans to renovate the station buildings and develop the complex into a multifunctional center.
6. Kościół pw. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
The Sacred Heart Church of Jesus in the province of Sosnovz is a parish church built in 1862 with donations and pursuits from railway workers and residents of the province of Sosnovz. This is a single-channel structure with six spikes and two stained glass windows. Stereo from the front to the church, adjacent to a tower ending with galleries and helmets. The church sits next to the railway tracks of Sosnook Railway Terminal and May 3rd Street. Because of its location, it is often called the railway church.
7. Park Schöna nad Czarną Przemszą
Schön Park on black relief is a relic of the Palace Park established in the former village of Kutnieca from 1875 to 1879 and is now the site of the Sielec district. The park is located next to the spinning mill in Franz Schön and the residential area of the factory. We first mentioned this park in Fanny Lamprecht's report in the 1980s. The 19th century. There is a park around these buildings. In 1903, industrialists built the new Schön Palace or Oscar Schön Palace in the green space of the park.
8. Park Sielecki
Sielecki Park - a historic city park in Sosnowiec; Second to the year of establishment, the fourth in size among city parks and at the same time the largest of historic parks; Constituting a complex with the Sielecki Castle; Divided into two parts: the new Sielecki Park and the Sielecki Park Stary, which occupy the area accordingly: the new part - 9.84 ha, part of the old one - 10.4 ha, and the border is the Czarna Przemsza river flowing through the center of the park.
9. Plac Wolności
Katowice Freedom Square is a city square located in the center of Katowice. On May 3, the streets leading to the market radiated, with Sokolska leading to Kosutka and Bogucic, Gliwicka leading to Zalza and further to Chorzova, and short-distance streets of Jan Matejka and Valzova. The square has recreational function, is the starting point of exhibition, and is also an important hub for buses and trams.
10. Sąd Okręgowy w Sosnowcu
The old high school building. The Stanislawa Stashica in Sosnoff is a three-story neo-Renaissance building with Italian style. The architectural layout with spacious halls and auditoriums is suitable for educational purposes. The best preserved ones include the main hall on the top floor, which is magnificently decorated with frescoes and has wide front panoramic windows.
11. Kamienica Pod Butem
Historic building in downtown Katowice, stop in downtown Katowice. It is also known as "Hous Kochmann" or "House Kochmann", and its current name is taken from the relief of the coat of arms. The current-shaped townhouse was built in 1907 in Art Nouveau and Neo-Gothic style and features an oak-referenced facade. It is recorded in the historical records.
12. Cerkiew Świętych Wiery, Nadziei, Luby i matki ich Zofii
The Orthodox Church of Sts. Vera, Hope, Loy and the mother of their Zofia in Sosnowiec – the only one existing of the three Orthodox churches in Sosnowiec. It is located at Jan Kilinski Street 39. It is a parish church. It is part of the Deaconate of the Diocese of Lodz-Poznan Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church.
13. Dom Oświatowy
Educational House - Silesian Library - building in Katowice, located in the city center at ul. French 12. One example of modernist architecture in Upper Silesia. His designers were architects Stanisław Tabeński and Józef Rybicki. The building was designed in 1928 in the style of functionalism, completed in 1934.
14. Ławeczka Stanisława Ligonia
Benches in Stanislaw Ligonia are located in Katowice, where Radio Katowicka has been operating since August 1937. The bench was unveiled on October 19, 2012, during the celebration of the 75th anniversary of the establishment of the Public Broadcasting Corporation at 29 Julius Ligonia Street.
Spodek is a multipurpose arena complex in Katowice, Poland, opened on 9 May 1971. Aside from the main dome, the complex includes a gym, an ice rink, a hotel and three large car parks. It was the largest indoor venue of its kind in Poland until it was surpassed by Tauron Arena in 2014.
16. Muzeum Historii Katowic
17. Pomnik Wojciecha Korfantego
Monument to Wojciech Korfanty in Katowice - unveiled a monument to Wojciech Korfanty, unveiled on June 19, 1999, located at the Silesian Sejm Square, between the Silesian Voivodship Office and the Faculty of Philology at the University of Silesia in Katowice.
18. Zamek Sielecki
19. Katedra pw. Wniebowzięcia Najświętszej Marii Panny
The Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary also called Sosnowiec Cathedral is a religious building affiliated with the Catholic Church which is located in the city of Sosnowiec in the European country of Poland.
20. plac ks. kard. Augusta Hlonda
Cardinal August Hlonda Square in Katowice - a square located in the Śródmieście district in Katowice, in the city center. It is located between the following streets: Mikołowska, Henryka Jordan, Głowacki and J. Poniatowski.
21. Pałac Młodzieży im. Aleksandra Kamińskiego
Youth Palace. Professor. Alexander Kaminski of Katowice is an out-of-school educational institution in Katowice. The teaching supervision of the Youth Palace is the responsibility of the Silesian Education Director in Katowice.
22. Kościół pw. Najświętszej Maryi Panny Częstochowskiej
23. Kościół świętego Szczepana
The Kościół św. Szczepana or Saint Stephen's Church is a church in Katowice, Silesian Voivodship, Poland. It is dedicated to Saint Stephen and located at 50°16′9″N 19°2′17″E on Leopold Markiefki street.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.