Explore interesting sights in Racibórz, Poland. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 17 sights are available in Racibórz, Poland.List of cities in Poland Sightseeing Tours in Racibórz
1. Wieża ciśnień przy ulicy 1 Maja
1 May Raciborz Water Tower--Decommissioned brick water tower at the Raciborz City Waterworks. It was put into use on September 23, 1874. Land for the tower and other buildings was gradually bought, some in 1838 and the rest in 1862. The tower is 25m high, and the capacity of a flat-bottomed tank made of 10mm thick steel plate embedded in 23m high is 500m3. The water used in the reservoir is drawn from measles nearby. Then it is purified in a sand filter and pumped into the water tank with a pump with a total power of 30 horsepower. Initially, the railway adjacent to the plant was the main recipient, and it was also the growing Lasibor industry. The 1930s. By the 20th century, the tower was not enough to meet the needs of the city. Therefore, it was decided to build another tower in the old village, but the old tower still provided power for most of the city, because the newly built tower generated too much pressure and was used by the Nazis for ideological and propaganda purposes. Currently the raciborski water and sewage plant is considering commercial use of a facility that has not been used for many years.
2. Kamienica z lat 1906-1909
The tenement house at 15 Ogrodowa Street – a historic, three-storey, brick Art Nouveau residential tenement house, located in Racibórz at 15 Ogrodowa Street. It was built between 1906 and 1909, according to the design of Paul Kuhnert. It has numerous architectural details. The elements of the façade are plastered and faced with glaze tiles. The ground floor and fragments of the upper floors are rusticated. In the front façade there are two projections, and in the rear one, to which the L-shaped outbuilding adjoins. In the semicircular The avant-corps has an arched, closed arcade leading to the passage gate. The window frames are profiled, the decoration of the window and balcony panels is decorated with floral motifs. The portal is flanked by columns, closed with an arch with a key decorated with sunflower and vine motifs. On 30 April 1993, the building was entered into the register of monuments under the number A/1520/93.
3. Kamienica z 1910 r.
The tenement house at 23 Ogrodowa Street – a historic, free-standing, four-storey, brick Art Nouveau residential tenement house, located in Racibórz at 23 Ogrodowa Street. It was put into use around 1910. The tenement house is plastered in fragments. The ground floor is rusticated, the façade is faced with white glaze tiles. In the front façade there is an avant-corps supported on two columns and two semi-columns with horizontal stripes of plant decoration and cartouche heads. Above the heads there are standing eagles. Window panels on the third floor are decorated with floral ornaments. In the rear façade there are two projections. On 30 April 1993, the building was entered into the register of monuments under the number A/1521/93.
4. Browar Racibórz
Browar Zamkowy – brewery in Racibórz. Among the active Polish breweries, the Racibórz Castle Brewery has one of the oldest traditions of brewing beer dating back to the early sixteenth century. The present building of the plant, however, dates back to the nineteenth century, when after a fire new brewery buildings were erected in the north-west wing of the former castle of the Dukes of Racibórz. The current owner of the Castle Brewery in Racibórz is Jerzy Łazarczyk, and the president of the board is Mariusz Dudek.
5. Tw53-2570 „Halinka”
The Tw53 was a Polish narrow gauge steam locomotive for 785 mm gauge, produced between 1953 and 1954 by Fablok. In total, 20 copies of this locomotive were built, of which 10 for the needs of the Upper Silesian Narrow Gauge Railways and 10 for the needs of the Upper Silesian industrial plants to service their own industrial railways and sidings.
6. Pomnik Matki Polki
Polish Mother Monument – a bronze monument, dedicated to all Silesian mothers raising their children in the spirit of Polish patriotism, located on Mostowy Square in Racibórz, near the Odra riverbed. It was designed by the visual artist Jan Borowczak. It depicts a boldly looking and walking forward, upright woman with a child in her arms.
7. Głaz narzutowy
Boulder erratic on Wolności Square – an erratic boulder made of granite from the ice age, located on Wolności Square in Racibórz. It is the largest of all boulders found in the Racibórz Valley and the largest among monumental boulders in the Silesian Voivodeship and throughout Silesia. In 1960 it was declared a natural monument.
8. Kościół parafialny pw. Wniebowzięcia Najświętszej Maryi Panny
The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Racibórz is a Roman Catholic parish church in Racibórz, Silesian Voivodeship, Poland. It belongs to the deanery of Racibórz of the diocese of Opole. It is located at Adama Mickiewicza Street. This is the so-called parish church – the oldest in Racibórz.
9. Pomnik Arki Bożka
Monument to Arka Bożka – located at Opawska Street in Racibórz, the monument of Arka Bożka (1899–1954), mayor of Markowice in the years 1927–1933, farmer, activist of the Polish diaspora, publicist, member of the emigration National Council in London, and after the war the vice-voivode of Silesia.
10. Zakład Karny w Raciborzu
Raciborz Correctional Institution-a closed penal institution for repeat offenders that provides treatment for convicted persons with non-psychotic mental disorders or mental retardation. It also has detachments for persons remanded in custody and detachments for first-time prisoners employed externally.
11. Park Zamkowy
Castle Park is a park in Laciborz, located in Ostello District on the right bank of the Oder River. Lasibor Castle and Osil Stadium. It is a monument to the Silesian rebels, unveiled in 1958, and is located where the participants of the Third Silesian Uprising were buried in Germany.
12. Kościół parafialny pw. Matki Bożej
The Church of Our Lady in Racibórz is a Roman Catholic parish church and Marian sanctuary in Racibórz, Silesian Voivodeship. It belongs to the deanery of Racibórz of the diocese of Opole. It is located at Jana Pawła II Street, in the Nowe Zagrody district.
13. Park im. kpt. Franciszka Stala
Captain Franciszek Stal Park, Knight of the Order of Virtuti Militari – a park in Racibórz, located between Głowackiego, Kolejowa, Sejmowa streets and a housing estate at Drzymała street. It was named after Capt. Franciszek Stal, who died in 2006.
14. Kaplica zamkowa pw. św. Tomasza Kantuaryjskiego
Castle chapel of St. Thomas of Cantuary – built at the end of the thirteenth century, is located in the eastern wing of the castle in Racibórz-Ostroh. The building was originally built in the Gothic style, but has Baroque and neo-Gothic elements.
15. Kościół parafialny pw. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus – the parish church of the parish of the Sacred Heart of Jesus district Nowe Zagrody in Racibórz, built in 1934–1935 according to the design of Otto Linder from Stuttgart, consecrated on October 20, 1935.
16. Wieża ciśnień przy ulicy Starowiejskiej
Water tower at Starowiejska Street – unused water tower in Racibórz, located at Starowiejska Street. It was designed in 1926 and built in 1933–36 at a cost of 240,000 marks. It was put into use during construction, in 1935.
17. Pomnik poległych w czasie I Wojny Światowej
Monument to the fallen during World War I – a monument in Racibórz designed in 1926 by Prof. Hans Dammann in the Catholic-Evangelical cemetery at Opawska Street, only balustrades with benches have survived to this day.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.