Here you can find interesting sights in Mielec, Poland. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 7 sights are available in Mielec, Poland.Back to the list of cities in Poland
1. Kamienica Łojczykówka
Tenement house at ul. Mickiewicza 2 in Mielec, Łojczyk-a building entered in the register of immovable monuments of the Podkarpackie Voivodeship under the number A-986 of 10.10.1991. It was built in 1904. It was designed by architect Leyko for Jan Łojczyk. The building has the shape of the letter L, its longer side adheres to Adama Mickiewicza Street, and shorter to Tadeusza Kościuszki Street. The two -story tenement house is made of brick, plastered. It is covered with a gable tin roof. Above the entrance door in the corner there is a balcony with a decorative balustrade for a forged metal. Above the balcony there is a dome supported by an octagonal tambour. The building has rich architectural elements. It is rolled and has attic walls, the windows are framed. The building performed commercial functions, it also housed a municipality and a police station, and during the German occupation the city board (Stadtverwaltung). After World War II, it was the seat of the Presidium of the Municipal National Council, Women's League and other institutions, there were also numerous shops and service facilities. In the eighties of the twentieth century, a tenement house, which was in danger of collapsing, was bought from the seborrheic family by the City Hall and renovated. Renovation in 2011-2012, after which it was allocated to the headquarters of the Municipal Public Library.
2. Kamienica Dębickich
The Denbicki apartment in Mielcu is a building located at 5 Mickiewicza Street. It was included in the Register of Permanent Memorial in Podkarpacki Province, numbered A-987, dated 4 August 1981. The townhouse was built from 1900 to 1901 for merchant Anthony Odbitsky on the original site of the wooden double-decker house that was destroyed by the Mieleca fire in 1900. The single-storey, brick townhouse is built on an L-shaped floor plan, covered with a double-sloping metal roof. The ground floor of Bonn is separated from the first floor by a special-shaped cornice. The facade of the brick floor is unplastered. The tiles between the attic windows are decorated with plant-themed plaster. The townhouse has a front door at the oblique angle and a balcony upstairs. Above the door of the balcony was written "1900 Fire," and a molten bucket hoop was embedded inside, with glass from the bottles caused by the fire. In the niche at the top of the corner, there is a bust of Tadeus Koshiuska, and below it is a white eagle wearing a crown. On the ground floor of the apartment building is Oak Bookstore. During World War II, townhouses were the contact point between the national army and gray scale. There were secret teaching and radio monitoring here, and they also found refuge for the "silent" here.
3. Ochotnicza Straż Pożarna w Mielcu
Mielcu Volunteer Fire Brigade-a group of buildings located at 27 Kilinsky Street. It was included in the Register of Permanent Memorial in Podkarpacki Province, numbered A-364, dated 17 August 2009. The team includes a watchtower, a bowling alley and a carriage house. The observatory was built in 1882. This is a wooden building, single-story, stucco, built on a rectangular floor plan. It is covered with a double-sloping metal roof. It has a four-post porch with a triangular top and a picture of St. Florian putting out the fire with colorful flags in his hand. The observatory is a place where various commemorative activities, dances and plays are held. This is an amateur theater and a brass band. There is a memorial room inside. The wooden bowling alley was built in 1894. A brick carriage house building, used as a garage, was built in 1921.
Museum of the History of Photography "Jadernówka" - a brick house in Mielec built in 1904–06 by photographer August Jaderny. In the past, the seat of his plant and the apartment, was a meeting place for the local artistic community of the interwar period, and in the era of the Nazi occupation with the contact point of the resistance movement. Currently, it houses a branch of the Regional Museum in Mielec.
5. Bazylika pw. Świętego Mateusza Apostoła i Ewangelisty
Collegiate Basilica of St. Mateusz the Apostle and Evangelist in Mielec - the Baroque parish church in Mielec, from the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries, from 2006 with the dignity of a smaller basilica. From December 25, 2017, he has been the collegiate church, which houses the chapter.
The priest on the street. Father. Romana Sitki 3 in Mielcu is a building in Podkarpacki, numbered A-1056, dated 14 December 2012. This is a brick two-story building located at the turn of XIX/XX. It is the seat of the parish law firm.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.