Here you can find interesting sights in Głogów, Poland. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 9 sights are available in Głogów, Poland.List of cities in Poland Sightseeing Tours in Głogów
1. Teatr Miejski im. Andreasa Gryphiusa
Teatr im. Andreas Gryphius in Głogów - a classicist theater building, located in Głogów, in the central part of the Old Town, in the vicinity of the town hall. It was established in 1799 according to the design of Christian Valentin Schultze as the seat of the multi -whale theater, offering several stage species at the same time. The theater in the building operated almost until the end of World War II, when the building and the whole city were destroyed as a result of the Soviet offensive on Głogów. In later decades, various concepts of rebuilding the Głogów theater appeared several times, but none of them was implemented. Ultimately, the building was rebuilt to the state before the destruction in 2017-2019 for the seat of the Municipal Culture Center and also the place of organizing concerts and performances, as well as the conference.
The origins of the Głogów Town Hall date back to the end of the 13th century, to the times of the town's incorporation by Conrad I of Głogów, when a watchtower was built. Over time the building was extended and in 1349 a two-winged, brick town hall was built. The building was damaged by fires in 1420 and 1433, however, the biggest fire took place in 1574, after which the town hall was rebuilt in a Renaissance style, while the tower was topped with a cupola. The appearance of the building from that period was immortalized in the 18th century in a drawing by Friedrich Bernhard Werner, which was published in Topographia Seu Compendium Silesiae.
3. Ławeczka Jana z Głogowa
The bench of Jan of Głogów in Głogów is a modest monument dedicated to the medieval scholar, teacher of Nicolaus Copernicus. It has the form of a monumental bench, fashionable in recent decades. It was unveiled in 2007 at Głogów's Wolności Avenue, on the edge of the square named after the scholar from the Krakow Academy. The work was made in the technique of polymer resins. The material turned out to be extremely unstable, apart from numerous cracks, it bears traces of numerous devastations by vandals.
4. Assumption of Blessed Virgin Mary collegiate church
The Collegiate Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Głogów is a Roman Catholic church located in the parish of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, within the diocese of Zielona Góra and Gorzów. It rises above the oldest district of Głogów, Ostrów Tumski. It is currently undergoing reconstruction after damage sustained during World War II. It is one of the oldest churches in Silesia and the oldest collegiate church in Silesia. Its origins date back to the first Piasts.
5. Pomnik Dzieci Głogowskich
Monument to the Głogów children - a monument located on Jana Pawła II Square, near the castle of the Głogów princes, front to Brama Brzostowska Street, which is the largest and most famous monuments of Głogów. The idea of its setting was created on the initiative of the Głogów Culture Society in 1966 on the occasion of the Millennium of the Polish State. The monument was created from social contributions.
6. Jan Nepomucen
The statue of St. John of Nepomuk in Głogów – a sculpture by Dariusz Maściuch set in 2003 on the site of the previous one, lost in 1945. The modern statue was placed after an unsuccessful attempt to find the former statue in the Oder. In the pedestal of the sculpture of St. John of Nepomuk, documents from the period were placed and deposited in a steel tube.
7. Biblioteka Świętego Pielgrzyma
The St Paul Library, which was inaugurated on 11 November 2006 at John Paul II Square in Gogovo, is a statue of Pope John Paul II, at the site of the medieval Church of St Paul. Peter. The facility combines functions to commemorate the late Polish pope with the temple of lapidarium, which has not existed since the 19th century.
8. Pomnik Ofiar Wojny
Monument to the Victims of the War in Głogów – a monument to the Polish and German victims of war, violence and expulsion 1939–1945 is located in the Forest Park near the intersection of Bolesława Krzywoustego Street and Staromiejska Street in Głogów.
9. Pomnik Koalicji Antyhitlerowskiej
Anti -Hitler coalition monument in Głogów - the oldest post -war monument of Głogów. It is located in the Slavic Park at the intersection of streets: al. Freedom and workers' unity. The monument has an area of 1384 m² and 12 m high.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.