Here you can find interesting sights in Voorschoten, Netherlands. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 5 sights are available in Voorschoten, Netherlands.Back to the list of cities in Netherlands
1. Ter Horst
Landgoed Ter Horst is an estate near Wassenaar and is part of Landgoed de Horsten. The first buildings were a kind of castle that it was sometimes believed to have been built by Philips van Wassenaar around 1200. In 1393 this complex was destroyed, then rebuilt and destroyed again in 1420. A simple rebuilding followed. Around 1635 the building was converted by Reinier Pauw (1591–1676) into a grand country house in Dutch Renaissance style, surrounded by a geometrically constructed park. Later owners expanded the park layout. Frederik Sluysken built the coach house in 1701 and Iman Cau added the Orangery in 1767. The heirs Cau sold the complex in 1838 to Frederik Prins der Nederlanden. Prince Frederik had the old building rebuilt between 1863 and 1876 as a neo -gothic hunting lodge, designed by J. W. F. Mouton. After more than ten years of vacancy, Huis ter Horst was sold in mid -2019.
2. TOP Voorschoten
The tourist transfer point (top) is a "natural node" from which various cycling, boating, skating and hiking routes begin. Each of the vertices can be identified on landmarks, using a type of obelisk in the eastern part of the country, thatched cottages in the Green Center and throwing an amazing pillar of information in the area & Battle and River Land. At the top, there are usually some seats, bicycle racks and road signs. The area's top Throw & Fight also always offers bike rentals, hotels, free toilets, anwb bike service boxes and vv information points.
The war memorial in Voorschoten is a column from Eville to a design by sculptor Gra Rueb. This includes a plaque with an image of two angels with a wreath. The text on the column is: those who fell Henryc A. Adamsky Leendert Bouthoorn Franciscus C. H. Everstijn Teunis de Groot Frans W. Kusters Johannes M. Lamboo Abraham Limburg Willem van Mulligen Herman H. Schouten Johannes C. Wagtendonk Koenraad M. Wolleswinkel Evert Zuidmeer 1940–1945
4. Moeder Godskerk
The Mother Godskerk is a former Roman Catholic Church on the Baron Schimmelpenninck van der Oyelaan 18 in Voorschoten. The church is on the draft heritage list for iconic buildings of the municipality of Voorschoten. The church was inaugurated in 1967 by the first bishop of Rotterdam, M. Jansen. She was closed in 2016, but in 2019 put into use again by Godcentre, a Pentecostal church.
5. Kasteel Cronesteyn
Cronesteyn Castle was a castle southeast of Leiden in Zoeterwoude, on the east side of the Roomburger Watering near Lammen. The castle was built around 1300 as a reinforced farm. Nowadays it is in the public polder park Cronesteyn and can only be seen the canal around the inner area.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.