Explore interesting sights in Wilhelmshaven, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 9 sights are available in Wilhelmshaven, Germany.
The Landesbühne Niedersachsen Nord (LBNN) is a theater founded in 1952 with a location in Wilhelmshaven. Emerged from the East Frisian state stage in Leer, today it is one of two state stages in Lower Saxony. One of the peculiarities of these houses is that they not only provide their place and administrative seat with theater art, but also a large playing area in rural areas. In the case of the Landesbühne Niedersachsen North, which still traveled to the Lüneburg Heath in the 1950s, the venues changed annually. Today the theater presents its productions in a region inhabited, which extends from East Frisia via Emsland to the Oldenburg Münsterland.
2. Christus- und Garnisionkirche
The Evangelical Lutheran Christ and Garrison Church is a neo-Gothic church in Wilhelmshaven, Germany. The church, built in 1869, was consecrated in 1872 under the name of St. Elisabeth's Church. It served as the naval garrison church of the navy in the newly founded Wilhelmshaven. During the Second World War, the church was badly damaged by Allied bombing. In 1959 it was reconsecrated and given the double name "Christ and Garrison Church", which is intended to commemorate the parish's Christ Church, which was also destroyed in the Second World War.
3. Banter Ruine
Banter parish was called a parish destroyed by the Antoniflut in 1511 in the area of today's city of Wilhelmshaven. After the downfall of Bant, the remaining country was added to the neighboring new one. The remaining residents visited the new church. Only the name of the municipality of Bant, newly created by Oldenburg law on November 1, 1879, now a district of Wilhelmshaven, as well as the artificially created "Banter Ruin" are reminiscent of this former parish.
4. Voslapp Oberfeuer
Voslapp Rear Range Light is an active lighthouse and range light in Voslapp, state of Lower Saxony, Germany. At a height of 201 feet (61 m) it is the twenty-second tallest "traditional lighthouse" in the world. It is located 4.3 kilometres (2.7 mi) south-southwest of Voslapp Front Range Light, behind the dike at the village of Voslapp, about 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) north of Wilhelmshaven.
Wilhelmshaven is a coastal town in Lower Saxony, Germany. It is situated on the western side of the Jade Bight, a bay of the North Sea, and has a population of 76,089. Wilhelmshaven is the centre of the "Jade Bay" business region and is Germany's main military port.
The Evangelical Lutheran Apostle Johannes Church is in Altengroden, a district of the independent city of Wilhelmshaven in Lower Saxony. The parish belongs to the Friesland-Wilhelmshaven church district of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Oldenburg.
7. Burg Kniphausen
8. Leuchtturm Arngast
The Arngast lighthouse is a 36.27 meter high lighthouse in the Jadebusen, a large bay in the southern part of the North Sea. The lighthouse, built in 1909 and 1910, was operated by the Weser-Jade-Nordsee.
9. Botanischer Garten im Stadtpark
The Botanischer Garten der Stadt Wilhelmshaven is a municipal botanical garden located at Gökerstraße 125, Wilhelmshaven, Lower Saxony, Germany. It is open daily in the warmer months; admission is free.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.