14 Sights in Wennigsen (Deister), Germany (with Map and Images)
Explore interesting sights in Wennigsen (Deister), Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 14 sights are available in Wennigsen (Deister), Germany.List of cities in Germany Sightseeing Tours in Wennigsen (Deister)
1. Wennigser Wasserräder
The Wennigser Wasserräder are miniature watermills in Wennigsen am Feldberg im Deister. About 2 km from the edge of the Deisterand and 3.5 km away from the Anna Tower, more than 20 watermill models are built every year in the summer months over a length of about 100 meters, which represent motifs of fantasy, fairy tales and legends and are driven by the water power of a gradually dammed watercourse. The water wheels in the Norddeister landscape conservation area are known nationwide through print and radio media and are advertised by the "local recreation" department of the Hanover region as a tourist attraction and "most famous tourist destination in the Deister".
2. Rauchgaskegel der Glashütte Steinkrug
The Steinkrug glassworks was a glassworks on the edge of the Deister in Steinkrug, which produced glass from 1809 to 1928. The founder was baron Wilhelm Carl Ernst Knigge (1771–1839), who belonged to the nearby Gut Bredenbeck. Today, the structural remains with the striking, 13 m high Glashüttenturm as an industrial monument are listed. In 2013, the FORUM GAFER from Bad Münder, which promotes glass history in the Deister-Süntel region, set up an information board as a glass stele near the glassworks.
The Lavesmühle is a monument in the municipality of Wennigsen (Deister). It stands in the village of Bredenbeck on the manor of the Freiherren Knigge. It is a replacement building built in 1860 of a previously existing mill with wheel and engine. She received her name because the Hannoversche Hofarchitekt Georg Ludwig Friedrich Laves planned the entire estate and also designed the plans for the construction of the mill. The mill from the brown of the Bredenbeck Beeke, a source flow of the IHME, was fed.
4. Johanniterhaus Kloster Wennigsen
The Wennigsen Monastery Office is a monument in the Wennigsen municipality. It is one of the striking buildings in the historic town center, which form the townscape. The building is located directly southwest of the monastery and monastery church in the Klosteramthof street, house number 5. Today it is used as a hotel. There is also an maple tree in front of the building that is entered as a natural monument.
The city of Winniggeson has six monuments commemorating soldiers killed in two world wars. War memorials are registered monuments. Most of these monuments stand in places that were boroughs until Winniggeson was founded in 1970. In addition to the monument, there are commemorative plaques reminding people against war and expulsion, or there are time capsules reminding people against war and expulsion.
Wikipedia: Ehrenmale in der Gemeinde Wennigsen (Deister) (DE)
6. Untere Mühle
The Untere Mühle is a listed building in the municipality of Wennigsen. It stands north of the village of Bredenbeck and is colloquially referred to as the Old Mill. The mill, which was powered by water power, was fed by the stream of the Bredenbecker Beeke, a source river of the Ihme. It received its name because there was another, upper mill on the Beeke further south.
7. Der Georgsplatz bei Wennigser Mark
The Georgsplatz is a location of the village Wennigser Mark in the municipality of Wennigsen. It forms a triangular valley meadow on the northwestern edge of the Deister between the foothills of the Bröhn and the Suerser Brink. The area, which has been used since early industrial times, is the oldest part of the village of Wennigser Mark.
The Evangelical Lutheran St. John's Chapel is a monument in the village of Sorsum in the municipality of Wennigsen. The church, probably built in the 13th century, has been renovated and structurally changed several times. It is located on Weetzener Straße in the center of the village.
9. Holtenser Kirche
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Holtensen is a listed building in Holtensen in the municipality of Wennigsen (Deister). It is surrounded by two natural monuments in the form of trees, which, like the church on Linderter Straße, are located in the center of the village.
10. Heimatmuseum Wennigsen
The Heimatmuseum Wennigsen is a monument in the municipality of Wennigsen (Deister). It is located in a half -timbered house built around 1700, which once served as a mill. The house is owned by the municipality and is now the Wennigsen (Deister) e. V. supervised.
The Scharnhorstdenkmal Wennigsen is a monument in the municipality of Wennigsen. The plant, built in 1913, stands between the core town of Wennigsen and the Waldkater on Hülsebrinkstraße, which is also referred to as Forstmeister-Bank-Allee in this section.
12. Dicker Stein
The Dicke Stein is a signpost erected in 1828 and a mining monument in the municipality of Wennigsen. The stone is registered in the list of monuments in the Hanover region. It stands in Hülsebrinkstraße in front of today's Wennigsen District Court.
13. Kloster Wennigsen
Wennigsen Abbey (Kloster Wennigsen) is a Protestant convent in Wennigsen am Deister, about 15 km southwest of Hanover. It is one of the five Calenberg monasteries and is administered by the Klosterkammer Hannover.
14. Alte Schule
The Alte Schule in Bredenbeck is a listed building in the municipality of Wennigsen. It is located on the street An der Beeke, house number 10. It is a small, typical brick building in classicist construction.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.