Here you can find interesting sights in Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 8 sights are available in Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany.Back to the list of cities in Germany
1. Kriegerdenkmal 1914/18
Marktplatz, alongside Johannisplatz and Münsterplatz, is one of the largest squares in the old city of Schwäbisch Gmünd. The square extends along the north-south axis between Heilig-Geist-Spital and the City Hall. It is slightly sunken in the west, and at the transition to Johannes Square, the Roman Johannes Church is the characteristic of the square. Architecturally, the square is dominated by semi-wooden structure, Baroque and Rococo architecture. The square has an hourglass-shaped outline and can be reached through many narrow alleys.
The Heilig-Kreuz-Münster of Schwäbisch Gmünd is a Gothic church built around 1320 and is a parish church. Cathedral is of great significance in the history of art. It is the main work of the Paler family, and it is also the first large hall church in southern Germany. The nave was completed around 1341. After the tower collapsed, the whole hall church was rebuilt until 1521.
3. Museum im Prediger
The former Dominican monastery of Schwäbisch Gmünd is referred to as the preacher, which is now used as a cultural center with the museum in the preacher and the gallery in the preacher, among other things. It is centrally located in the city center, on Johannisplatz, opposite the Romanesque Johanniskirche.
St. Leonhard is a cemetery complex east of the old town of Schwäbisch Gmünd, located between Bundesstraße 29 and the Remsbahn, consisting of the Gothic Leonhardskirche, the subsequent Gothic Herrgottsruhkapelle and the Leonhardsfriedhof.
The Bell Tower, formerly known as the Bell Tower, is a Romanesque building, built around 1228, and is now the bell of the Holy Cross Cathedral in Schwäbisch Gmünd. So he is a clock tower. This form of bell tower is unique in Swabia.
6. Mariä Verkündigung
The Church of the Annunciation is the former, Gothic, baroque monastery church of the Dominican convent Gotteszell in Schwäbisch Gmünd. Today it serves as the church of the prison for women, which is housed in the former monastery.
7. BIEGERT & FUNK Galerie im Torhaus
8. St. Franziskus
The baroque parish church of St. Francis is a former monastery church of the Franciscan monastery in the core city of Schwäbisch Gmünd and was consecrated to St. Ludwig until 1908, which is now a secondary patron.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.