Here you can find interesting sights in Region Hannover, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 52 sights are available in Region Hannover, Germany.Back to the list of cities in Germany
The Berggarten is a historic botanical garden, one of the gardens of the Herrenhäuser Gärten, around the residence Herrenhäuser Schloss in Herrenhausen, now part of Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany. The garden was first created in 1666 as a vegetable garden on a hill north of the palace, and then transformed into a garden for exotic plants. In 1750, it was developed into a botanical garden, with some unusual trees from the period still surviving. It features a palm house, first built in 1846, and a mausoleum, where members of the royal family were interred. Damaged by air raids in World War II, the gardens were restored. In 2000, a house for rain forest-themed gardens was added, which was transformed to an aquarium in 2007.
The Arthur Menge Fountain is a listed fountain in the southern part of Hanover. The complex in the green area on Vierthalerweg was built on a small bastion near the Döhren tower, which is now embedded in the green strip closed to motor vehicles and only crossed by cycle paths and footpaths, which connects the Maschsee with the southern Eilenriede. It was the last work of the then 90-year-old sculptor Ludwig Vierthaler and dates from 1964, 1965 or 1966. It was built in honor of the Hanoverian Lord Mayor Arthur Menge (1884–1965) as a gift from the Fritz Behrens Foundation to the citizens of the capital of Lower Saxony.
The Gethsemanekirche is an Evangelical Lutheran Church in the Hanover district of List. Friedrich Fischer's church, which was completed in 1938, is located at Klopstockstraße 16. It is kept rather inconspicuously with a small church tower, as this was required to build the building permit that was only granted due to the pretext to build air -raid shelter in the basement. The building is plastered white and provided with a tiled roof. There is a wooden cross inside; The five windows created by Otto and Werner Brennisen and donated by confirmands between 1953 and 1957 show scenes from Gethsemane.
Gudrun-Pausewang-Platz in Hanover, formerly known as Continentalplatz, is a square created at the beginning of the 20th century in front of the industrial complex of the Continental-Caoutchouk- und Gutta-Percha-Compagnie, later Continental AG in the Hanoverian district of Vahrenwald. The square, which was created in 1911 as a public space, was built in the triangle of the traffic routes Grenzweg, Philipsbornstraße and Ritterstraße. Today it is equipped with a playground and in 2021 received the name of the children's book author Gudrun Pausewang.
The Hiroshima Grove in Hanover was created in 1987 on the site of the former racecourse Alte Bult an der Eilenriede in the district of Bult by the Lower Saxony state capital Hannover. It was created as part of the city partnership between Hanover and Hiroshima. The grove contains a memorial with 110 cherry trees in memory of the 110,000 Japanese who died during the atomic bombing of Hiroshima on August 6, 1945. In addition to August 6 events, the Hiroshima Grove also hosts a celebration of the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival every year.
The Karl Peters Memorial Stone, also known as the Karl Peters Monument and Memorial Plaque against Colonialism, is a monument originally erected in the mid-1930s in honor of Carl Peters, which was later transformed into a memorial against colonialism. The location of the memorial stone, which is also recorded as an architectural monument and as part of an ensemble in the public space of the Southern City of Hanover, is the green area under the former address Am Karl-Peters-Platz 1 D on today's Bertha-von-Suttner-Platz.
The Hanover Tiergarten is a 112 hectare park with a forest area in the Kirchrode district in the southeast of Hanover. In the fenced terrain, visitors can move on paths between freely running wild animals. The Tiergarten is one of the oldest wildlife enclosure in Germany and was prottled at the end of the 17th century as a high -ranking hunting ground. Since it became accessible to the population from 1799, it has been a popular recreation and excursion destination for the Hanoverian city population.
Bustops in Hanover is an art project with twelve semi -open waiting houses for city railways and city buses in the Üstra. It was part of a project for art in public space between 1990 and 1994 and was created on the initiative of the Lower Saxony Foundation in cooperation with the Üstra and Toto-Lotto Lower Saxony. The design project was carried out by internationally renowned architects and designers. The order to the artists was to create art as an extraordinary part of an ordinary service.
The Lutherkirche in Hanover is a Protestant church that has also been used as a youth church since 2006. The building was built in the center of the Nordstadt as the last of Rudolph Eberhard Hillebrand's three large north town buildings by Rudolph Eberhard Hillebrand on an approximately triangular building plot. With its two mighty tower helmets, surrounded by several side helmets, the church offered an impressive sight until shortly before the end of the war, of which little reminds today.
10. Mahnmal am Bahnhof Fischerhof
The memorial at the Fischerhof train station in Hanover is a Sinti e. V. donated memorial for the victims of National Socialism. Unlike the memorial for the murdered Jews of Hanover at the central opera square, the comparatively modest memorial stone was built "for all persecuted National Socialism". The location of the somewhat remote memorial in the Linden-Süd district is the branch of the Elise-Meyer-Allee shortly before the entrance to the former Fischerhof train station.
The Kröpcke clock in Hanover is one of the traditional meeting places in the city. As one of the landmarks of the capital of Lower Saxony, the watch now also serves as a showcase for changing art exhibitions and presentations. The location is the Kröpcke as a "square-like extension" in the pedestrian zone in front of Café Kröpcke at the intersection of Georgstraße with Bahnhofstraße and Karmarschstraße as well as Rathenaustraße in the Mitte district.
12. St. Joseph
St. Joseph is a Catholic parish church in the List of the Lower Saxony state capital of Hanover. Their parish of the same name belongs to the Deanery in Hanover in the Hildesheim diocese. The church is located in Steinmetzstraße 1, the neighboring parish office at Isernhagener Straße 64. It was built in 1911 and 1912 according to plans by Maximilian Jagielski and named after the biblical figure of Josef von Nazaret.
The Maschsee fountain is located in the Maschsee in Hanover. The fountain near the northern shore of the lake reaches a height of 10 to 17 meters. It consists of a main fountain and four smaller fountains. From spring to autumn, it is illuminated in the evening hours by halogen spotlights in the company colours of the Hanoverian energy supply company enercity. The owner is the municipal civil engineering office.
14. St. Maria Angelica
The Parish Church of St. Maria Angelica in Hanover, Germany, is the church of the Old Catholic Parish of Hanover/Southern Lower Saxony. The church, which has been in use since 2010 and was consecrated on 3 September 2011, is located on a property that originally belonged to the neighbouring Lutheran parish of St. James (Jakobikirche). The land was purchased in 2003 by the Old Catholic parish.
The so-called Maschsee Source in Hanover is a listed water pump and filter system facility on the west bank in the south of Maschsee. The monument at Karl-Thiele-Weg 35 near the leash is rarely put into operation today, for example in the event of lack of oxygen in the Maschsee or festivities such as the Maschsee Festival. A small, park -like flower meadow is connected to the Maschsee source.
16. Zu den heiligen Engeln
Zu den heiligen Engeln is a Catholic parish and church in Hanover-Kirchrode, Lower Saxony, Germany. The church was built in 1964 on a design by Josef Bieling, and was remodeled in 2014. It is now the parish church of a larger parish, serving the district Kirchrode-Bemerode-Wülferode. It belongs to the deanery of Hanover and the Diocese of Hildesheim. The church is dedicated to the angels.
The Temple of Leibniz is a pavilion building built from 1787 to 1790 in honor of Gottfried William Leibniz (1646-1716), a citizen and erudite who worked in Hanover. It is believed to be the first public monument in Germany to commemorate non-aristocrats. This open, covered, circular sandstone temple has twelve Ionian columns with an inscription on the gold-plated letter "Genio Leibnitii".
The Eilenriede is a 640-hectare (1,600-acre) municipal forest in Hannover, Germany. It is the largest urban city forest in Germany, and also one of the largest in Europe. The Eilenriede is nearly twice the size of Central Park. The biggest German urban "park" in the strict sense of the word, however, is the Englischer Garten München, with "only" 375-hectare (930-acre).
The Ernst August Monument is an equestrian statue honoring King Ernst August, the monarch of the former kingdom of Hanover. It was founded by Albert Wolfe in 1861 and is built on Ernst-August Square in front of Hanover Central Station. Aside from the Kröpcke clock, the monument is one of Hanover's most important meeting places, often referred to as "under the tail".
20. St. Antonius
St. Antonius is the Catholic Church of the Kleefeld district of Hanover and was also the monastery church of the formerly resident Franciscan convent. A daycare center of the same name is located in the community center next to the church. Today it belongs to the parish of St. Martin based Hanover Roderbruch in the Dean's Office in Hanover of the Hildesheim diocese.
St. Martin is a Roman Catholic church in the Hanover district of Groß-Buchholz. Since September 1, 2008, it has been a parish church with four church locations, which, in addition to the Buchholz-Kleefeld district, also includes Misburg-based other and belonging to around 12,000 members. The parish belongs to the Deanery of the Hanover of the Hildesheim diocese.
22. Grotte von Niki de Saint Phalle
The large garden in Herrenhausen, Hanover is one of the most important Baroque gardens in Europe. The garden area surrounded by grafts represents the historical core of Herrenhäuser Garden, which also includes Berggarten, Georgengarten and Welfengarten. The rectangular complex covers an area of 50.2 hectares. Herrenhausen Castle was built in the 14th century.
Bethlehem Chapel in Hanover is a church built in the late 19th century. Built in the early 13th century, this church is now a listed building in the southern city of Hanover. The building, built in 1887 at 35 Große Barlinge, disappeared from a street escape. The congregation was founded in 1885 and belongs to the independent Evangelical Lutheran Church.
24. Große Fontaine
The Great Fountain is located in the big garden in Helenhausen District, Hanover, the capital of Lower Saxony. The height of the fountain is about 70 to 80 meters, which is one of the highest fountains in Europe. Since its official opening in 1720, it has been one of the main attractions of Grosen Gardens, one of Europe's most important Baroque gardens.
The Bugenhagenkirche is an Evangelical Lutheran church in the southern part of Hanover. It was built between 1960 and 1962 according to plans by the Karlsruhe architect Werner Dierschke and inaugurated on Eternity Sunday in 1962. It is named after the reformer Johannes Bugenhagen. In 2015 the church was included in the list of cultural monuments.
The bridge bastion in Hanover is a monument according to plans by the architect and sculptor Stefan Schwerdtfeger. The “Bastion”, built in 1981, also forms a bridge for pedestrians from the Prinzengarten or from the Welfengarten via the Schneiderberg street to the main canteen of the University of Hanover with the building number 3110.
27. Fürstenhaus Herrenhausen
The Fürstenhaus Herrenhausen-Museum in Hanover-Herrenhausen is a palace owned by the Welfen family, which was used as a museum from 1955 to 2011. The listed palace, which could also be booked for events for a long time, showed furniture, paintings, porcelain and sculptures on the ground floor. It has been closed to the public since 2011.
28. Maria Frieden
Maria Frieden is a Roman Catholic church in Grobhholz, Hanover, Germany. The church is an affiliate of the Diocese of St Martin in the Diocese of Hanover, Hildesheim, but is used today by the Polish Catholic Church. The church is named after the Queen of Peace, the title of Mary in Lauretanian Litanie, and is located in Stilleweg 12.
29. St. Nicolai Kirche
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of St. Nicolai in Hanover is a listed neo-Romanesque church building with a bell tower from the Middle Ages. The location of the building is the highest point of the historic village and at the same time the entrance to the old village center in today's Bothfeld district at Sutelstraße 18–19.
30. Gästehaus der Niedersächsischen Landesregierung
The guest house of the Lower Saxony state government is a former bourgeois villa in Hanover, Lüerstraße 5, in the Zoo district. The building, which is now listed today, was built in the style of the neo -Renaissance between 1898 and 1900 and has served as a guest house for the Lower Saxony state government since 1947.
31. Privatmuseum Walter Reinhardt – Villa Potzlach
The private museum Walter Reinhardt-Villa Potzlach in Hanover-Bemerode presents a selection of the works by the outsider artist Walter Reinhardt. The museum is managed and managed by its widow Birgit Jahn-Reinhardt. The facade of the semi -detached house was colored and sculptural according to motifs from the painter.
Dorfbrunnen in Hanover is a building built at the end of the 20th century. Built in the 19th century, the fountain has a typical image of farm animals. Sculptures by Hanover artist Bernd Maro, donated by citizens, are located in the historic center of today's Gro-Buchholz district, at Pinkenburger Stra ® e.
33. Schöner Brunnen
The beautiful fountain in Hanover is a fountain created in 1979 by the sculptor Hans-Jürgen Breuste. As art in public space on Hildesheimer Straße corner Freytagstrasse in the Hanover district of Südstadt, the artist arranged a granite pillar and two stainless steel pillars from which water flows out.
The Simeonkirche in Hanover was a Evangelical Lutheran church building of the Elderly Center of the Henrietten Foundation with a five-corner floor plan built in the mid-1960s. The location of the building named after the Prophet Simeon is the Schwemannstraße in the Hanover district of Kirchrode.
35. WOK - World of Kitchen
The WOK - World of Kitchen Küchenmuseum in Hanover is the first large museum for kitchens in Europe. It was opened on April 15, 2010 in the company building of the former large printing company Fehling in the List district. The museum is made by the Wok-World of Kitchen Museum e. V. operated.
Pelikan-Brunnen in Hanover is a translocated and transformed fountain containing two pelicans. This fountain is dedicated to Fritz Beindorff, the owner of Pelikan AG, and is located at Walderseestraäe in the List district of Hanover, on the edge of Eilenriede in the zoo district.
37. Synagoge in der Haeckelstraße
The synagogue in Haeckelstrasse in Hanover is the synagogue of the Jewish community of Hanover. The location of the sacral building, which was built in the 1960s as part of the Jewish community center Haeckelstrasse, is Haeckelstraße 10 in the Bult district of Freundallee.
Hanover's Constructa Fountain is a listed fountain complex in Wildermuthweg at the entrance to Hildesheimer Straße. Especially for young families with children, this place is an important meeting place, just in front of the Constructa block with the same name.
The Evangelical Lutheran Petrikirche is a church building in neo-Gothic style in the Hanoverian district of Kleefeld. It is the seat of the Superintendent of the Hanover-Southeast district. Together with the St. Nicholas Church, it forms a congregation.
The Neptune fountain in Hanover is a fountain in the large garden of Herrenhausen. The water-controlling baroque sculpture ensemble with the Roman water god Neptune can be found in the orangery parterre between the golden gate and the gallery building.
The Torchbearer Column in Hanover is a monumental stone tablet with the figure of torchbearer engraved on it. It is located on the north shore of Maschsee, in Kurt Schwitters Square in the Südstadt district of Hanover, named after Kurt Schwitters.
42. Friedrich Schiller
The Schiller monument in Hanover stands in the pedestrian zone of Georgstrasse at the confluence of Schillerstrasse in the Mitte district. The statue honors the poet Friedrich Schiller and is listed. His story goes back to the Kingdom of Hanover.
43. Cella St. Benedikt
The Wunder-Haus is a residential and commercial building built in the 19th century at Friedrichswall 17 opposite the New Town Hall in Hanover. It is a listed building and is named after its client, the photographer Karl Friedrich Wunder.
45. St. Marien
St. Marien is a Roman Catholic parish church in the northern city of Hanover. The church named after Maria is located at Marschnerstraße 30 and belongs to the parish of St. Maria in the deanery of Hanover of the diocese of Hildesheim.
46. Ökumenisches Kirchenzentrum
The Mühlenberg Ecumenical Church Center is located in the Mühlenberg district of Hanover. As a universal center, it is the Evangelical Lutheran Diocese of Bonhoeffer and the Roman Catholic Diocese of St. The site of Maximilian Kolbe.
The Aoue Chapel in Hanover is the former chapel of the Henrietten Foundation Bethesda facility in the Kirchrode district of Hanover, Germany. Location of the buildings listed: Tiergartenstraße, between the houses of Emos and Bethel.
48. Viscount 814
The Vickers Viscount is a British medium-range turboprop airliner first flown in 1948 by Vickers-Armstrongs. A design requirement from the Brabazon Committee, it entered service in 1953 and was the first turboprop-powered airliner.
49. Spielende Kinder
Playing children is the name of the fountain with the plastic of two children in Grupenstrasse in Hanover. The sculptor Kurt Lehmann already took his own two children in the "horizontal game" to present his sculpture in the 1940s.
The Evangelical Lutheran St. Martin Church in Hanover is a church building in the Anderten district. The choral degree of the former chapel is the oldest preserved building in the district and is now a listed building.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.