Here you can find interesting sights in Krumbach (Schwaben), Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 6 sights are available in Krumbach (Schwaben), Germany.Back to the list of cities in Germany
1. Friedhofskapelle Sankt Maria
The Catholic cemetery chapel in the Krumbacher Westfriedhof, consecrated to St. Mary, was built in the 18th century as a votive church. It is also referred to as a field chapel or the chapel of God. The name Feldkapelle comes from the fact that the chapel was still outside the market or the city of Krumbach until the 20th century. The building has always been referred to as the Gottesack chapel because the cemetery, which is now called West Cemetery, in which the chapel is located, was set up in 1733. This outsourcing of the cemetery from the city took place, since the previous cemetery of Krumbach - around the parish church of St. Michael - became too small.
2. ehem. Synagoge
The Hürben Jewish community is a Jewish community in Hürben in the district of Günzburg, Bavaria, Germany, which existed from 1675 to 1942. There were 652 parishioners in 1840 and 123 parishioners in 1900. In 1938, all Hürben Jewish citizens still living there were first taken to Günzburg prison. By 1941, 27 had been able to emigrate, another 18 had moved to other cities, and the last 16 had been expelled from Hürben and murdered in 1942. During the period of National Socialism, a total of 38 Jews died in Hürben and Hürben. KRUMBACH, or lived there for a long time.
The Maria Hilf Church, officially St. Maria, helper of Christians, is a Catholic parish church in Hürben, the eastern part of Krumbach (Swabia). It was built from 1966 to 1968 and is the largest church in southern Germany built after the Second World War. The fact that such a large church was built is due to the fact that the population of Krumbach was roughly doubled after the war due to the influx of displaced people and continued to grow in the following years. The construction was planned by the Ulm architects Manfred Wacker and Erich Niederbacher.
4. Krumbacher Schloss
The Krumbach Castle is a three -storey Renaissance building built in 1530 in Krumbach in the Swabian district of Günzburg. The castle and the standing Catholic parish church of St. Michael, which were built at the northernmost end of the narrow height back between the valleys of the Kammel and the Krumbach, shape the location of Krumbach.
5. Trachtenforschungs- und Beratungsstelle des Bezirks Schwaben
Landauer-Haus is a listed building in Hürben, east of Krumbach, and today is the site of the Schwaben Trachtenkultur-Beratung district. The house was named after horse dealer Raphael Loew Landauer. The listed house remains largely pristine and is one of the few surviving Jewish residences.
6. Sankt Ulrich
Ortisei in Krumbach (Swabia) is the church of the village of Hürben, which was independent until 1902. According to its present appearance, the church is a baroque church, but the walls of the building are much older.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.