Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Konstanz:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Here you can find interesting sights in Konstanz, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 24 sights are available in Konstanz, Germany.List of cities in Germany Sightseeing Tours in Konstanz
1. ImperiaBook ticket*
Imperia is a statue at the entrance of the harbour of Konstanz, Germany, commemorating the Council of Constance that took place there between 1414 and 1418. The concrete statue is 9 metres (30 ft) high, weighs 18 tonnes, and stands on a pedestal that rotates around its axis once every three minutes. It was created by Peter Lenk and clandestinely erected in 1993. The erection of the statue caused controversy, but it was on the private property of a rail company that did not object to its presence. Eventually, it became a widely-known landmark of Konstanz.
The Trinity Church is a church building in Constance on Lake Constance. Since it was built in the late 13th century for the local monastery of the Augustinian hermits, it is also called augustinian church. It functioned as a monastery church until the dissolution of the monastery in 1802 and from the 17th century. additionally as a garrison church, then as a hospital church, old Catholic church and today ecumenical "city church". Due to its harmonious combination of simple Gothic mendicant order architecture, late Gothic frescoes and Baroque picture and stucco decoration, it is one of the most important sacred monuments in the city and one of the sights of Constance.
3. Münster St. Nikolaus
The Minster of St. Nicholas is the parish church of Überlingen on Lake Constance. The five-aisled basilica was built between 1350 and 1576 in the late Gothic style. The furnishings of the largest late Gothic church building on Lake Constance include a carved altar by Jörg Zürn, a masterpiece of German Mannerism (1613–1616). The cathedral towers over the historic old town of Überlingen above all by the high north tower. The semi-circular square north of the church was a cemetery before 1530. South of the church stands the late Gothic town hall of the city, built in 1494, which already has influences of the Italian Renaissance.
The Council Building is a landmark in Constance on the shores of Lake Constance. The three-storey, massive stone building with hipped roof was built in 1388 as a warehouse for travelling and local traders and served for almost 500 years as a transshipment point for merchandise at the port of Constance. During the Council of Constance in 1417, the conclave for the election of Pope Martin V took place in this spacious building. It is considered the largest preserved medieval secular building in southern Germany and has been used as a restaurant, ballroom and congress centre since 1912.
5. Georg Elser
Johann Georg Elser was a German worker who planned and carried out an elaborate assassination attempt on Adolf Hitler and other high-ranking Nazi leaders on 8 November 1939 at the Bürgerbräukeller in Munich. Elser constructed and placed a bomb near the platform from which Hitler was to deliver a speech. It did not kill Hitler, who left earlier than expected, but it did kill 8 people and injured 62 others. Elser was held as a prisoner for more than five years until he was executed at the Dachau concentration camp less than a month before the surrender of Nazi Germany.
6. Staedtisches Museum
The Reichlin-von-Meldegg-Haus in Überlingen is a former patrician house above the old town of Überlingen, equipped with elements of late Gothic and Florentine early Renaissance. It is considered one of the oldest Renaissance buildings in Germany and is one of the most important cultural monuments and sights of the city. Since 1913, the cityscape-defining building has housed the municipal museum, which is one of the oldest and largest cultural-historical museums in the Lake Constance region.
7. Franziskanerkirche zur unbefleckten Empfängnis
The Franciscan Church of the Immaculate Conception is an originally Gothic, later Baroque former monastery church of the Franciscan convent in Überlingen. Like many other mendicant churches, it does not have a church tower, but only a small baroque roof turret. The church is located between Spitalgasse and Franziskanerstraße next to the Franziskanertor in the old town. After the Minster of St. Nicholas, to whose parish it also belongs, it is the second largest church in the city.
8. St. Katharina
St. Katharinen was a monastery of the Augustinian hermits under the patronage of St. Catherine in the Mainauwald in today's urban area of Constance. The clearing in the Mainauwald belongs as a seven-hectare exclave to the district of Litzelstetten, and borders on the districts of Wollmatingen and Egg. In the past, the area as well as the island of Mainau belonged to the former municipality of Allmannsdorf.
The Herosé-Park is located in the Petershausen district of Constance between the Seerhein, the street Am Rheinufer and the Reichenaustraße. To the west, next to the park, until the year 2000 was the eponymous textile printing house Herosé, at the east end of the park is the Villa Rheinburg, behind it is the Municipal Children's House on the Rhine and Indoor Swimming Pool of the city of Konstanz.
Lutheran Church is a church building in Konstanz, Germany. It is located in the Old City, but outside the historic Old City, on the eastern edge of Paradise District, which opened after the city wall was removed. The church is surrounded by Luther's Square, at the transition from the upper arcade to the lower arcade. It is located in the northwest-southeast-southeast direction.
St. Stephen's Church, also known as St. Stephen's Church, is a former abbey and parish church in the historic center of Constanz. It is a three-nave cathedral with a side tower next to the passage from the nave to the choir. St. Stephen's Church is considered the oldest church foundation in Konstanz. Today, it belongs to the Catholic pastoral unit of Konstanz-Altstadt.
12. Schloss Brunnegg
Brunnegg Castle is located at Emmishofen in Kreuzlingen. It should not be confused with the older Brunegg castle in the state of Argau. Emmishofer Castle was formerly known as Unterer Girsberg or Alt-Girsberg. Its predecessor was built around 1300, and in 1363 it became the property of the Konstanz aristocratic family, Brahle, which originally came from St. Gallen.
13. BSB Konstanz
Reederei Bodensee-Schiffsbetriebe GmbH (BSB) is a 100 percent subsidiary of Stadtwerke Konstanz GmbH. The company is headquartered in Konstanz in the district of Konstanz in Baden-Württemberg. With its fleet, the company carries out regular course traffic as well as excursions throughout Lake Constance. Furthermore, it is a provider of event and charter trips.
14. Wasserschloss Burgberg
Burgberg Castle (German: Schloss Burgberg) is a moated castle in the town of Überlingen in the Bodenseekreis in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The listed castle dates mostly from the last third of the 17th century, but is located on the site of an older moated castle dating back to 1374. It is privately owned and not open to the public.
15. Triumphbogen / Laubebrunnen
The Konstanz Triumphal Arch is a fountain in Constance, which was designed and executed by the sculptor Peter Lenk. It was built in 1992 on the central strip of the main thoroughfare "Untere Laube", the most important transit route to Switzerland at that time, which was very busy. The fountain satirizes the traffic.
Christuskirche Wollmatingen is a church in the Parish of Constanz-Wollmatingen, a Protestant church in Baden, Germany, built by architects Karl Kunzmann and Berthold Sack in 1933/1934. It is located in the Wollmatingen district of Konstanz, in Drumlin Längerbohl, at an altitude of about 430 meters.
17. Alt-katholische Christuskirche
The Christuskirche St. Konrad is a church building of the Old Catholic Church in the old town of Constance on Lake Constance, between the Constance Minster and the City Theatre, towards Konzilstraße. The Protestant church in Constance-Wollmatingen has the same name, but without St. Konrad.
18. Synagoge Konstanz
The synagogue in Konstanz, the district seat of the district of Konstanz in Baden-Württemberg, was built in 1882/1883 and destroyed during the November pogroms of 1938. This first synagogue was located in Sigismundstraße. A new building was inaugurated in 2019.
Lake Constance Natural History Museum is a natural history museum in Constance, located in the marine life center building near the Swiss border. The museum's exhibition focuses on the geological development and nature of Lake Constance.
20. Theater Konstanz
Stadttheater Konstanz is a theatre in Konstanz, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, whose history dates from 1607. The theatre operates three venues, Municipal Theatre (Stadttheater), Workshop (Werkstatt) and Hall of Mirrors (Spiegelhalle).
21. Archäologisches Landesmuseum
The Baden-Württemberg Archaeological Museum (ALM) is responsible for archaeological work in Baden-Württemberg, archiving archaeological discoveries in this area and exhibiting them in special exhibitions and several museums.
22. St. Gebhardskirche
St. Gebhard is a Roman Catholic church built in 1929/30 in Constance on Lake Constance. Since 2002, the parish has belonged to the pastoral unit Konstanz-Petershausen in the deanery of Konstanz of the Archdiocese of Freiburg.
The Ladder Fountain of Lake Constance is a work of art by sculptor Peter Lunk in Huberingen, Lake Constance. Built in 1999, the fountain is best known for cartoons and grotesque monuments for local poet Martin Walzer.
The Schottenkapelle St. Jakob is a Catholic former cemetery chapel from 1589 on the edge of Schottenplatz and near the Alexander-von-Humboldt-Gymnasium in Constance. The building is a listed building.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.