Explore interesting sights in Herford, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 11 sights are available in Herford, Germany.List of cities in Germany Sightseeing Tours in Herford
1. Sankt Johannis
St. Johannis is the Evangelical-Lutheran parish church of Herford's Neustadt, founded in 1220. Since 1414 it was also the collegiate church of the secular collegiate monastery of St. John and Dionys, originally located in Enger. This existed until the secularization of 1802. It is not to be confused with the neighboring Catholic Church of St. John the Baptist. Within the church district of Herford, the Johanniskirche belongs together with the Herford Minster and the Jakobikirche to the parish of Herford-Mitte.
The Luttenberg is a 102.8 m above sea level mountain in the East Westphalian town of Herford. It is located on the Stiftberg, part of the Neustädter Feldmark. Around the mountain run streets, in the north the busy Stiftbergstraße, in the south the Luttenbergstraße, a residential street. To the east stands the Marienkirche and to the west the Stadtpark Schützenhof with the Nordwestdeutsche Philharmonie. The Luttenberg is now used as a public green area together with the Schützenhofpark to the southwest.
3. Synagoge Herford
The Herford Synagogue is the seat of today's Jewish community of Herford-Detmold. Today's synagogue was rebuilt 72 years after its destruction during the November pogroms of 1938 on the site of the original synagogue on Komturstraße in Herford's Neustadt. It was inaugurated on 14 March 2010 and was attended by Charlotte Knobloch, President of the Central Council of Jews in Germany and Jürgen Rüttgers, Prime Minister of North Rhine-Westphalia.
4. Amtsgericht Herford
Herford is the seat of the district court of Herford, which is responsible for the towns of Enger, Herford and Spenge as well as for the municipality of Hiddenhausen in the district of Herford. Around 121,000 people live in the 184 km² judicial district. In addition, the Herford District Court is responsible for agricultural matters in the district courts of Bünde and Herford.
5. Marta Herford
The Marta Herford is a museum of contemporary art that also makes connections to design and architecture. The building was designed by architect Frank Gehry and opened in 2005. The founding director was the Belgian Jan Hoet. From the beginning of 2009 to the end of 2021, Roland Nachtigäller headed the museum as artistic director.
6. Sankt Johannes Baptist
St. Johannes Baptist is the only Catholic church in the district town of Herford in Ostwestfalen-Lippe, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Structurally, church and community belong to the Herford Pastoral Association in the Herford-Minden Deanery of the Archdiocese of Paderborn. It was the church of the Knights of St. John Herford.
The Petrikirche is the only Evangelical-Reformed church in the city of Herford. It is the first church building in the city to be built as a Protestant church. It was built between 1901 and 1902. The previously built Protestant churches of Münster, Johannis, Marien and Jakobi became Evangelical Lutheran after the Reformation.
8. Bahnhof Herford
Herford station is a junction station with four platforms and seven platform tracks in the town of Herford in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. It lies on the quadruple track, electrified Hamm–Minden railway, a section of the original route of the historic Cologne-Minden Railway Company.
9. Sankt Jakobi
St. Jakobi is the Evangelical-Lutheran parish church of the Herford district of Radewig. It is therefore also referred to as Radewiger Kirche. Together with Herford Minster and St. John's Church, the Jakobikirche within the church district of Herford belongs to the parish of Herford-Mitte.
The Herford Minster is the oldest and largest church in the city of Herford. Today it is an Evangelical Lutheran parish church. Together with the two inner-city churches of St. Johannis and St. Jakobi, it belongs within the church district of Herford to the parish of Herford-Mitte.
11. Technisches Rathaus
The Technical Town Hall in Herford is a former hospital now used as a municipal administration building. The building, built in 1927 and 1928, belongs stylistically to Brick Expressionism and has been a listed building since 1985.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.