Explore interesting sights in Helmstedt, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 5 sights are available in Helmstedt, Germany.List of cities in Germany Sightseeing Tours in Helmstedt
The Türkentor is a triumphal arch and gateway in Helmstedt in Lower Saxony in Germany. The main entrance to the former St. Ludger's Abbey and a gateway to the Domänenhof, the arch was built in 1716 to celebrate the victory over the Ottomans by Prince Eugene of Savoy at the Battle of Petrovaradin earlier that year, in which Ferdinand Albert II, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel and Johann Matthias von der Schulenburg had also been instrumental. Originally sited in line with the Taubenhaus on what is now Bundesstraße 1, it was severely damaged by bombing in the Second World War and resited to its present location in 1986.
2. St. Stephani
The Sankt-Stephani-Kirche in the Lower Saxon district town of Helmstedt is a three-aisled Gothic hall church, which was consecrated to Saint Stephen in 1300 as a successor to the Romanesque sacred building destroyed on the same site. The towerless church, built on the highest hill of the city, was the first parish church in Helmstedt and between 1576 and 1703 also the university church of the former University of Helmstedt. Today's parish of St. Stephen's Church belongs to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Brunswick.
3. Lübbensteine, Grab B
The Lübbensteine are two megalithic sites from the Neolithic Age near the Lower Saxon district town of Helmstedt in Germany, whose origin can be dated to around 3500 BC. They are passage tombs, a type of Neolithic megalithic complex, which consist of a chamber and a structurally separated, lateral passage. The form is found primarily in Denmark, Germany and Scandinavia as well as occasionally in France and the Netherlands.
The Juleum, also Juleum Novum, is a multi-storey lecture hall and library building of the former university in the Lower Saxony district town of Helmstedt in Germany. The building was built between 1592 and 1612 in the style of the Weser Renaissance and is one of the most important secular buildings of this era in northern Germany.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.