Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Düsseldorf:Tickets and guided tours on Viator*
Want a guided Free Walking Tour?
Here you can book guided Free Walking Tours in Düsseldorf:Guided Free Walking Tours on Freetour*
Here you can find interesting sights in Düsseldorf, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 94 sights are available in Düsseldorf, Germany.List of cities in Germany Sightseeing Tours in Düsseldorf
1. AquazooBook ticket*
The Aquazoo Löbbecke Museum unites Zoo, Natural History Museum and Aquarium in one institution under the administration of the city of Düsseldorf. It was opened in 1987 in the North Park under the name "Löbbecke-Museum + Aquazoo". On an area of about 2000 square meters, around 500 animal species are exhibited in 25 themed rooms in aquariums, terrariums and a tropical hall. Moreover, the exhibition includes 1,400 natural history exhibits, models and interactive stations. With about 400.000 visitors per year, the Aquazoo Löbbecke Museum has been by far the most visited cultural institution in the city of Düsseldorf for many years. The name of the institution refers to Theodor Löbbecke who laid the foundation of the natural history collection by collecting sea shells. The collection is rich in type material for different mollusc species, such as the Angaria loebbeckei and Chicoreus loebbeckei.
2. RheinturmBook ticket*
The Rheinturm is a 240.5-metre-high (789 ft) concrete telecommunications tower in Düsseldorf, capital of the federal state (Bundesland) of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Construction commenced in 1979 and finished in 1981. The Rheinturm carries aerials for directional radio, FM and TV transmitters. It stands 174.5 metres high and houses a revolving restaurant and an observation deck at a height of 170 metres. It is the tallest building in Düsseldorf.
3. NordparkBook ticket*
The Nordpark in Düsseldorf is a public green area in the stockum district. It was planned in 1936 for the Reichsausstellung Schaffendes Volk, a propaganda exhibition of the National Socialists, and opened in 1937. The main entrance is on Kaiserswerther Straße, another entrance on the Rhine side on Rotterdamer Straße.
4. KunstakademieBook ticket*
The Art Academy building in Eiskellerstraße 1, Düsseldorf-Altstadt, was built by Hermann Riffart between 1875 and 1879 in the historical style of Italian Renaissance style. On the Rhine side of the building, modern studio architecture, designed by Rudolf Schwarz, connects with the Academy of Arts.
5. KönigsalleeBook ticket*
The Königsallee is an urban boulevard in Düsseldorf, state capital of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. The Königsallee is noted for both the landscaped canal that runs along its center, as well as for the fashion showrooms and luxury retail stores located along its sides.
The studio "Young Unmarried Painters and Sculptors" in Franz-Jürgens-Stra ® e 12, Düsseldorf-Golzheim, was built in 1936/37, designed by Hans Junghanns and adopted the architectural style of the Department of Homeland Security. The complex, conceived as an "artist community home with 12 studios and an exhibition space", is the property of the city of Düsseldorf and is part of the "artist colony", which still retains the model building of the 1937 "Reichsausstellung Schaffendes Volk" (Reichsausstellung Schaffendes Volk ", including today's Nordpark and other facilities, also known as" Siedlung Schaffendes Volk "and later as" Schlageterstadt "(Schlageterstadt). In the process of Reichsausstellung, 52 artist apartments and studios were re-planned in the northwest region of the so-called "Neue Kunstakademie" (Art Nouveau) to support the exhibition halls. Today, Franz-Jürgens-Straße's "Künstlersiedlung" provides an alternative for only 22 artists. It has been part of the "Golzheimer Siedlung" monument area since 2014.
Kolpingplatz, also spelled Kolping-Platz, formerly Clever Platz, is a park and square in Pempelfort, Düsseldorf, Germany, which is used as green space, playground and market above the ground and underground parking below the ground. The city square is a right-angle plan, approximately 100 metres wide and 150 metres long, bounded to the north by Klever Straße, to the east by Mauerstraße, to the south by Pfalzstraße and to the west by Schwerinstaße. After World War II, the city of Düsseldorf named the square after Catholic priest Adolf Kolpin, who was active in social reform. On the east side of the square, Hermann Isenmann honors him in 1954 with a Roman travertine sculpture as a Colpin monument. It shows "Father Kolpin-Apostle of the Family" and a group of characters from a working-class family.
8. Wohn- und Atelierhaus Wach
The Wach residence and studio is located at 28 Emmericher Straße, Düsseldorf-Golzheim. It was built between 1931 and 1933 and was designed by Karl Wacher. Because of the free composition of cubes and surfaces, it pointed the way for modern residential architecture in 1950s. In residential buildings in Düsseldorf, fair-faced concrete was used as building material for the first time. The front building has two floors and the back building has a single floor. A sloping roof slopes from the front house to the back house. The facade on the street shows an asymmetrical composition of intersecting windows. There is a window strip consisting of round windows above the entrance area. It is a theme of shipbuilding industry, which originated from the exterior design of ocean-going ships.
9. Haus Vionville
The House of Vionville, formerly known as House of Rochel, is a residence at 200 Kaiserswerther Stra è e, Düsseldorf-Golzheim, Germany. The two-story house was built by Düsseldorf architect Klein & Dörschel between 1893 and 1894 for the painter Theodor Rocholl. Built in a Neo-Renaissance style, it romanticizes country life by reflecting the design, form and materials of country architecture through a rounded corner tower with a bell-shaped dome, bay windows, natural stone pedestals, semi-wood, shutters and crippled Walm. Therefore, the house also refers to the structure of the village of Goldzheim, which still existed at that time. "In terms of floor plan and exterior architecture, the house has adapted to its rural environment."
The Mannesmann high-rise is an administrative building on Mannesmannufer in Düsseldorf's Carlstadt district. It was designed and built from 1956 to 1958 by the architects Egon Eiermann and Paul Schneider-Esleben, after they had won an architectural competition in 1954. The original client was Mannesmann AG, which was taken over by Vodafone in 2000. As general contractor, Hochtief was involved in the construction. Together with the Dreischeibenhaus, it is one of the first modern high-rise buildings in Germany. It stands for the time of the so-called economic miracle, in which private companies significantly changed the city silhouette of Düsseldorf with high-rise buildings in the style of post-war modernism.
11. Stück der Berliner Mauer
The Berlin Wall was a guarded concrete barrier that physically and ideologically divided Berlin from 1961 to 1989 as well as encircling and separating West Berlin from East German territory. Construction of the wall was commenced by the German Democratic Republic on 13 August 1961. The Wall cut off West Berlin from surrounding East Germany, including East Berlin. The barrier included guard towers placed along large concrete walls, accompanied by a wide area that contained anti-vehicle trenches, beds of nails and other defenses. The Eastern Bloc portrayed the Wall as protecting its population from fascist elements conspiring to prevent the "will of the people" from building a socialist state in East Germany.
12. Altes Araghaus
The former Alagh headquarters building, located at 155 Heinrichstraße, M ö rsenbroich district, Düsseldorf, was built in 1956 by Helmut Rhode for Allgemeine Rechtschutz-Versicherungs AG. The building is "an important contribution to the architecture of Düsseldorf in the 1950s […] The interior design and equipment are also a model of the 1950s". The building has eight floors, with a slightly recessed mezzanine on the upper floor. At the end of the roof is a projecting cornice. The basic shape of the Y-shape is "the most striking". There are three concave swing facades and three straight clinker walls. The curved facade and glass grid facade are "characteristic of the architectural period".
The Kaiserswerth Palace site is located in the Kaiserswerth district of Düsseldorf. Paratina can be traced back to the monastery founded about 700 years ago by the monk Suitbert (USA). At that time, Pippin, the Franks' gatekeeper, and his wife Plectrudis gave the Anglo-Saxon monk an island of the Rhine, built by the old tributaries surrounding the Rhine, which already had a Franks front yard, protected by earth walls, moats, and fences. In the following time, it developed into a strong customs fortress. I'm 23. In December 1982, the site was listed in the list of urban historical sites, belonging to the categories of castle, manor residence, fortifications and castle.
14. Alt St. Martin
Old St. Martin's Church is the oldest church in Düsseldorf and the oldest existing building in the state capital. The origin of the former Bilk parish church can be traced back to Carolingian times. Originally built around 700 A. D. and rebuilt around 1000 A. D. until 1206, the church is considered the parish church of the then neighboring Diocese of Düsseldorf. In 1812, Old St Martin lost its function as the Parish Church of Bilk and had not been used as a church for more than a century. After war damage and several elaborate repairs, the Catholic congregation of St. Boniface and the Protestant Lutheran congregation regularly held liturgy services at Old St. Martin.
15. St. Mariä Empfängnis
The Roman Catholic Church of St Mary's Conception-also known as St Mary's Church-was built between 1894 and 1896 and designed by Mainz Cathedral architect Ludwig Becker. It is located opposite the entrance to Tonhallenstra å e at Oststra å e in downtown Düsseldorf. The cathedral's three nave and twin tower facades are cathedral-style and are typical examples of the neo-Gothic style of the Rhineland. Because of its superior geographical location, it can be seen from far away places. The diocese is part of the diocese of St. Lambert in the city of Düsseldorf, the archdiocese of Cologne. In 2011, the city merged with Altstadtgemeinde to become St. Lambertus Parish.
16. Drahtzieherei Künne & Sohn
The Förderkreis Industriepfad Düsseldorf e. V. (FKI) is an association for research into the industrial history of Düsseldorf and the neighbouring region. The purpose of the association is the scientific reappraisal and promotion of industrial culture, monument protection, monument preservation and cultural landscape protection. The association realizes this purpose by designing a path of local historical industrial development in Düsseldorf-Gerresheim and neighboring Düsseldorf-Ludenberg, by marking industrial cultural locations throughout the Düsseldorf city area and with the support of industrial cultural networks in the region.
17. Palais Nesselrode
Nesselrode Palace, located at Schulstraße 4 and Hafenstraße 2 in Düsseldorf-Karstadt, is a historic city palace. The brick house, which was damaged in the Second World War and has two main floors and an attic roof, has been rebuilt and is now home to the Hetjens Museum. It consists of three parts, consisting of two pavilion-shaped architectural wings connected by a narrow middle section that irregularly surrounds a small honor courtyard. This building is modeled after the Rococo-classical Benlatt Castle. The semi-detached houses in Schulstraße 4 and Hafenstraße 2 are "the only courtyard in Düsseldorf that opens behind this street".
18. tanzhaus nrw
Tanzhaus NRW in Düsseldorf was founded in 1998 as a dance organization that provides a comprehensive concept for presentation, production and participation in the field of dance. Erkrather Straße 30 is an ancient trolley depot with stage performances under one roof, professional dance training, the development of works within the framework of the choreographer's residence, and various opportunities for further training within the framework of courses and workshops. Tanzhaus NRW provides intergenerational cultural training for beginners, advanced dancers and professional dancers, with an average of 3,600 visitors per week.
The Dusseldorf Relief Agency for Orphans and Street Children, founded in 1822 by Count Adelbert von der Reek-Wolmerstein, was one of the earliest of its kind in Germany. It was built on the ground of the Sidorian monastery. The monastery was a gift from Elector John William von de Paratina to the Sidoists. Spekkerhöfe (Spekkerhöfe), used to establish the monastery, was named after the stone dam of Speckermönchen (Speckermönchen), which was later called "Speckermönchen" (Speckermönchen). The street where the monastery is located is named after Count Adelbert von der Reek-Wolmerstein, founder of the relief agency.
The Herz-Jesu-Kirche, located in Ottweilerstraße 2, Düsseldorf-Drendorf, was built by architect Josef Kleesattel between 1905 and 1907 and is the parish church of the eponymous Roman Catholic diocese of the Archdiocese of Cologne, incorporated into the Diocese Association of Derendorf-Pempelfort since 2009. According to the pastoral reform directive of the archdiocese of Cologne, the diocese was established on January 1st. On 1 January 2013, the Association's dioceses in Düsseldorf-Drendorf and-Pembelford merged into the Diocese of Holy Trinity, where it originated.
The Church of St. Thomas, at Aschaffenburger Stra è e 8 in Düsseldorf-Rice Holz, was built in 1957/1958 and designed by Walter Köngeter and Ernst Petersen. At the inauguration, it was named after Adolf Clarenbach, the first Protestant martyr in the Rhineland. She works in the diocese of the second Protestant diocese (Reisholz) of Düsseldorf-Holthausen. A community center was added and renovated in 1963/1964. In 1996, Klarenbachkapelle, Pfarrhaus and the Community Center were included in the list of historic sites in the city of Düsseldorf.
22. Ratinger Tor
The Ratinger Tor was the last to be built in the city of Düsseldorf and the only remaining gate. However, the present building is not a medieval city gate, but a customs gate built in classical style from 1811 to 1815. Demolition of fortifications under the terms of the Renville Peace Treaty led to the need for new buildings and the destruction of old gates. The new Ratinger Tor moved about 115 metres east, extending the Ratinger Straße by 60 metres and building a boulevard, which is today Heinrich-Heine-Allee.
23. Ferdinand Lassalle
Ferdinand Lassalle was a Prussian-German jurist, philosopher, socialist and political activist best remembered as the initiator of the social democratic movement in Germany. "Lassalle was the first man in Germany, the first in Europe, who succeeded in organising a party of socialist action", or, as Rosa Luxemburg put it: "Lassalle managed to wrestle from history in two years of flaming agitation what needed many decades to come about." As agitator he coined the terms night-watchman state and iron law of wages.
Haus Altestadt 14 in Düsseldorf is a listed building. The location, Altestadt Street, is one of the oldest in Düsseldorf. The explanations of the various authors given in the following description are partly somewhat different in their information on the details. However, the most important statements are confirmed or clarified by the Düsseldorf H. Ferber in his book of 1889. This applies in particular to the date of construction, some names of the various owners and the magnificent ceiling in one room.
25. Mahn- und Gedenkstätte für die Opfer der nationalsozialistischen Gewaltherrschaft
The National Memorial for Victims of Socialist Tyranny in Düsseldorf is a cultural institution in Düsseldorf. It is a museum, research center and archives. The building opened in 1987 and has since devoted itself to honoring the victims and persecutors of the Nazi regime in Düsseldorf. Situated west of the historic Stadthaus in the Old City, it has been exhibiting a permanent exhibit "Children and Youth of Düsseldorf under National Socialism" since it was fully renovated and reopened in May 2015.
26. St. Benediktus
The neo-Gothic Roman Catholic Church in Düsseldorf-Geert and the former St. Benedictine parish church are the only Benedictine patron saint in the archdiocese of Cologne. It refers to St Benedict of Nurcia, a saint of the Noyce Benedictine Sisters, and in the Middle Ages the Hirt Farm belonged to the Noyce Benedictine Sisters. I'm 1. On January 1, 2015, the diocese merged with three other Düsseldorf dioceses on the Left Bank of the Rhine to form the new Dioceses of St Anthony and Benedict.
Immanuelkirche, located in Pionierstraße 61, Düsseldorf-Friedrichstadt, was built for the evangelical Friedenskirchgemeinde between 1965 and 1966 under the plan of architect Heinz Kalenborn. It is an example of using concrete as a building material. Therefore, "the inner and outer sides of the wall surface are made of fair-faced concrete". The relief "Jesus on the boat" and the font "Glaubt Ihr nicht So bleibt Ihr nicht" are the works of Düsseldorf artist Curt Beckmann.
The Stadterhebungsmonument is a monument commemorating the granting of city rights to Düsseldorf. It is located on Joseph-Wimmer-Gasse at the corner of Müller-Schlösser-Gasse in the old town. The sculpture was made by Bert Gerresheim. It was built in 1988 on the occasion of the 700th anniversary. The motifs include the Battle of Worringen, the sealing of the town charter and the elevation of the parish church dedicated to St. Lambertus to a canon monastery.
29. Basilika St. Margareta
St. Margareta is a Catholic parish church in Düsseldorf-Gerresheim. Until 1803, the basilica was the collegiate church of the Gerresheimer Frauenstift, which was built in the 9th century and was one of the oldest canon monasteries in the Archdiocese of Cologne. Since 1 January 2011, the parish of the same name has also included the former parishes of St. Cecilia, St. Katharina, St. Maria vom Frieden, St. Reinold and St. Ursula in the east of Düsseldorf.
30. Haus Weber
Haus Weber, An der alten Mühle 5 in Düsseldorf-Kalkum, was built in 1951 by Helmut Hentrich and Hans Heuser together with the landscape architect Roland Weber in the tradition of the heritage protection style of the 1930s. The house is single-storey, has white slurried masonry and closes upwards with a gable roof. On the garden side there is a large window area. The "Garden Room", an unglazed room, opens onto a rectangular water basin in front of it.
St John's Church, with its almost 88 m high tower, is the largest Protestant church in Düsseldorf. It is located at the Martin-Luther-Platz. The church was built from 1875 to 1881 in the Romanesque Revival style. It was severely damaged in World War II, but was saved from destruction and in 1953 it was reopened. The last major remodeling took place in 2008. There is a cafe through which one enters the actual church.
32. Weg der Befreiung, Station 3
The Path of Liberation is a history project in the North Rhine-Westphalian state capital Düsseldorf and in the district town of Mettmann. It commemorates the local resistance against National Socialism at the end of the Second World War and the liberation of the city of Düsseldorf in April 1945. It is also a decentralized memorial that commemorates the time of National Socialism.
33. St. Maximilian
St. Maximilian Catholic Church, commonly known today as Maxkirche, in the Carlstadt district of Düsseldorf, is a late Baroque church that originated from the Franciscan Abbey, which was abolished in 1804. This monastery was built in the 17th century, and its living area and office are located in the adjacent Maxhouse. The present church was built in the 18th century.
Südpark covers an area of 70 hectares and is the largest and most visited park in Düsseldorf, the capital of North Rhine-Westphalia. It was created based on the design of the Federal Garden Show Südpark planning team in 1987, when the existing Volksgarten added new parks to the former wasteland. The resulting South Park consists of three areas of different design.
35. St. Franziskus Xaverius Kirche
The Catholic parish church of St. Franziskus Xavierius in Düsseldorf-Mörsenbroich is a modern church building of the interwar period. It is located directly on the Mörsenbroicher Ei. The parish of the same name has existed in its present form only since 1 January 2010, when it merged with the parishes of St. Joseph and Zum Heiligen Kreuz in the district of Rath.
Mannesmann-Haus, also known as Behrensbau, is a former administrative building in Düsseldorf, Germany, in Mannesmannufer, in the German district of Karlstadt. It was built between 1911 and 1912 for the headquarters of Mannesmannröhren-Werke AG, based on the design of architect Peter Berens, and was one of the early large administrative buildings in Düsseldorf.
Drahthaus, at Kaiserswerther Straße 137, Düsseldorf-Golzheim, was built between 1951 and 1952 under a plan designed by Helmut Hentrich and Hans Heuser for the Wire Industry Association. The employee is Hubert Petschnigg (HPP). This is a typical post-war building, with its "disintegrated filament facade pointing the way for German architecture in 1950s".
38. St. Bruno
The Roman Catholic Church of San Bruno is located at 58 Kalkumer Straße in the western Unterrath district of Düsseldorf. Her patron was San Bruno, a Cologne native who was the founder of the Carthaginian Order until 1964, when he maintained a monastery in nearby Lichtenbrosch. Until 1998, it was the center of the Roman Catholic diocese of San Bruno.
39. St. Antonius
The Catholic Church of St. Anthony, located in Friedrichstadt district of Düsseldorf, was built in Neo-Romanesque style between 1905 and 1909 according to the plan of architects Wilhelm and Paul Sültenfußs. It belongs to the Unter-und Oberbilk, Friedrichstadt and Eller-West pastoral areas of the city of Düsseldorf in the archdiocese of Cologne.
40. St. Adolfus
The Catholic Church of St. Adolfus is located in Düsseldorf-Pempelfort, Kaiserswerther Straße 60. The Cordoba street running along the south side of the church is an indication that the church is dedicated to the Spanish martyr St. Adolphus, who – according to the priest Eulogius – was executed by the Emir of Córdoba in the 9th century.
41. Synagoge Düsseldorf
The New Synagogue is the synagogue of the Jewish community in Düsseldorf, Germany. The synagogue was built in the Golzheim district, far from the site of the former synagogue, which was located in the city center at Kasernenstraße. There the synagogue, built in 1905, was pillaged and burned by SA men during the Kristallnacht in 1938.
Saint Christopher is venerated by several Christian denominations as a martyr killed in the reign of the 3rd-century Roman emperor Decius or alternatively under the emperor Maximinus Daia. There appears to be confusion due to the similarity in names "Decius" and "Daia". Churches and monasteries were named after him by the 7th century.
43. St. Mariä Himmelfahrt - Liebfrauen
The Church of St. Mary's Assumption – also known as the Church of Our Lady – is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Flingern-Nord district of Düsseldorf. It was built according to designs by the architect Caspar Clemens Pickel from 1890 to 1892. The parish of the same name belongs to the parish association Flingern/Düsseltal.
44. St. Peter
St. Peter, the neo-Gothic Catholic parish church in Düsseldorf-Winterbilk, was built according to the design of architect Caspar Clemence Pickel and was enshrined in 1898. It is one of the largest churches in Düsseldorf. The parish of the same name belongs to the pastoral areas of Unter-und Oberbilk, Friedrichstadt and Eller-West.
45. St. Martin
The Catholic Church of St. Martin, also known as Bilk Church, is located in Düsseldorf-Winterbilk and is the parish church of St. Martin Parish, belonging to the pastoral areas of Winterbilk and Oberbilk, Friedrichstadt and Elesi. The building, which was blown up during the war, is stylistically related to the Suitbertus Church.
Phoenix-Haus is a listed administrative building in Fritz-Roeber-Straße 2 in the Old City of Düsseldorf, built between 1923 and 1926 for Phoenix AG für Bergbau und Hüttenbetrieb in the former Eiskellerberg. It has been an employment office for nearly 70 years and has been home to the Dusseldorf prosecutor's office since 2002.
From 1880 to the 1930s, Ständehaus was the parliament building of the Prussian Rhineland Provincial Council in Düsseldorf. From 1949 to 1988, it was the meeting place of the North Rhine-Westphalia State Assembly. Today, it is the K21 exhibition building of the Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen Department of Contemporary Art.
The Rank-Xerox-Haus is located at Emanuel-Leutze-Straße 20 in Düsseldorf's Lörick district. Stylistically, it is assigned to concrete brutalism, defining elements are the construction of reinforced concrete and the façade structure with surrounding escape balconies with exposed concrete balustrades and steel window bands.
49. Sankt Marien koptisch-orthodoxe Kirche
The Roman Catholic bunker church of St. Sakrament in düsseldorf's Heerdt district is a former high bunker from the Second World War. The listed building is thus a unique place of worship in the world and was aptly described as the "most stable church in the world". Today it is a church, memorial and art venue in one.
50. Haus Goldener Helm
The house Goldener Helm is located at Flinger Straße 1 corner Berger Straße in the district Altstadt of the North Rhine-Westphalian state capital Düsseldorf. On November 10, 1983, it was entered in the city's list of monuments in the category of residential and residential buildings in the subcategory Baroque.
The Triton Fountain was created by the Düsseldorf sculptor Friedrich Coubillier from 1898 to 1902 and acquired by the Stadtverschönerungsverein for düsseldorf's Königsallee. At the northern end of the avenue, the fountain functions as a point de vue and a design conclusion to the canal axis of the city moat.
52. St. Gertrud
St. Gertrude Catholic Diocese Church is a neo-Gothic church in the Eller district of Düsseldorf, Germany. Before the church in Gertrudisplaz, there are three churches elsewhere. The diocese of the same name was founded in 1624 and today belongs to the diocese of Eller-Lierenfeld, which has existed since 2000.
Hetjens-Deutsches Keramikmuseum is a ceramic museum in Germany. Düsseldorf Ceramic History Museum was established in 1909. Because its collection is 8,000 years old and comes from all over the world, it is considered to be the most universal institution of its kind and regularly lends it at home and abroad.
54. Schloss Kalkum
Kalkum Castle is a moated castle in the district of the same name in the north of Düsseldorf about two kilometers northeast of Kaiserswerth and an extraordinary example of classicist castle construction in the Rhineland. Together with the associated park, it has been a listed building since 18 January 1984.
55. Wildpark am Grafenberger Wald
With its size of 36 hectares, the wildlife park in the Grafenberg Forest is one of the larger parks in Düsseldorf. It is one of the oldest wildlife parks in Germany and shows only native animal species. Around the free-range areas and enclosures of the animals is a more than 200-year-old beech forest.
The Jan Wellem Chapel (Kreuzkapelle) at Fährstraße No. 95 in Düsseldorf-Hamm was founded in 1658 by Philipp Wilhelm out of gratitude for the birth of his son Johann Wilhelm, called Jan Wellem. Jörg Heimeshoff describes the Renaissance chapel, which was completed in 1660 and renovated in 1990:
57. St. Albertus Magnus
St. Albert Magnus Catholic Church in Düsseldorf-Goldzheim was built in 1938 on Vitt Street in Kaisers, and was completed in 1939 as the first parish church in Goldzheim, but it was not finally completed until 1974. It belongs to the Sagrada Familia Diocese of Düsseldorf, Archdiocese of Cologne.
58. Johannes Rau
Johannes Rau was a German politician (SPD). He was the president of Germany from 1 July 1999 until 30 June 2004 and the minister president of North Rhine-Westphalia from 20 September 1978 to 9 June 1998. In the latter role, he also served as president of the Bundesrat in 1982/83 and in 1994/95.
59. Classic Remise Düsseldorf
Classic Remisen is a service center with motorcycle and automobile theme, specializing in classic cars, classic cars and collectibles. There are two classic carriage houses in Berlin and Düsseldorf. Both service centers are located in listed buildings with industrial transportation background.
60. Heilige Dreifaltigkeit
Founded in 1691, the Catholic parish of the Holy Trinity in the Düsseldorf district of Derendorf is the oldest parish that still exists today outside the former city walls of Düsseldorf. The original parish church was built between 1692 and 1693, the one that exists today from 1892 to 1893.
The Jan Wellum monument at Düsseldorf City Hall was completed by sculptor Gabriel de Grupero from 1697 to 1708. The marble statue depicts John William von Paratina-Neuburg, whom Dusseldorf, who spoke lower Franconi at that time, called Jan Wellum, Elector of Paratina and Duke of Ulrich-Berg.
62. Schneidersches Geschäftshaus
The former Schneider Company building in the Old City of Düsseldorf was built in 1896 or 1898 and designed by Düsseldorf architect Hermann von Ender. Me 2. On September 14th, 1983, this building was listed as a historical site. Today, there is a boutique on the first floor of the building.
63. Deutsche Oper am Rhein
The Deutsche Oper am Rhein is an opera company based in Düsseldorf and Duisburg. The opera also has an associated classical ballet company. Axel Kober has been its Music Director since 2009. The resident orchestra, the Düsseldorfer Symphoniker, play both opera and symphonic repertoire.
64. St. Ursula
The St. Ursula Catholic Diocese Church in Düsseldorf-Grafenberg was originally built by Joseph Krisatel in Neo-Romanesque style. After being almost completely destroyed, a more modern church building was added to the tower that still stands, but it referenced the old model.
Friedenskirche is a Protestant church in Florastraße, Unterbilk district, Düsseldorf, Germany. Their neo-Gothic architecture is typical of historicist religious architecture, although many parts of the building have been changed after the destruction of the war. Simplified.
66. St. Josef
The Catholic Church of St. Joseph is located in Düsseldorf-Oberbilk. It was once the parish church of the largest community in the Archdiocese of Cologne. Today, the parish belongs to the pastoral care area of Unterbilk and Oberbilk, Friedrichstadt and Eller-West.
67. Haus am Seestern
Horten is headquartered at 3 Seestern in Düsseldorf-Lörick. Built in 196/1961 and designed by architect Helmut Rhodes, it is "modeled on the American model" and is considered a pioneer in office architecture: "the first pure open-plan office building in Germany".
68. Römischer Kaiser
The Hotel Römischer Kaiser is a former hotel at Stresemanstraße 26 in the center of Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, which has more recently been used as an office and commercial building. It was designed by Josef Kleesattel and finished in 1904.
The Kreuzkirche is a church building of the Protestant parish of Düsseldorf-Mitte in the district of Pempelfort on the borders to Golzheim and Derendorf. It was built in the forms of neuromanicism, the preferred style of Kaiser Wilhelm II for church building.
70. Der Mahner
The Mahner is the title of a bronze casting sculpture by Vadim Abramovich Sidur in the Hofgarten of Düsseldorf. The object, which recalls the biblical figure of the caller in the desert, is also interpreted as a memorial against totalitarianism and violence.
The Jugendhaus Düsseldorf Youth House (JHD) is an institution of the Catholic Church of Düsseldorf that houses the various workplaces and associations where church youth work. The building used today was built from 1952 to 1954 and is a protected monument.
The Christuskirche is a Protestant church consecrated in 1899 on Kruppstraße in Düsseldorf-Oberbilk. Its neo-Gothic architecture is typical of sacred buildings of historicism, even if the building was changed or simplified in many parts after war damage.
The Franz-von-Sales-Kirche is a branch church of the Catholic parish of St. Maria Rosenkranz built between 1969 and 1971 according to designs by the architect Hans Schwippert in the Düsseldorf district of Oberbilk on the district border to Wersten.
The Maritime Museum in Düsseldorf is one of the oldest inland navigation museums in Germany and today in the castle tower on the banks of the Rhine. Operator is the Friends and Sponsors of the SchifffahrtMuseum im Schlossturm e. V. Düsseldorf.
The lightning slingshot is a bronze sculpture by the German sculptor Hubert Netzer (1865–1939). It depicts the ancient Germanic thunderstorm god Donar, who throws lightning into the country with his right hand. It is located in Düsseldorf.
The Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart in Düsseldorf-Uldenbach is a three-nave neo-Roman cathedral built in 1893. Since 1906, the Diocese of the Sacred Heart, together with St. Cecilia, has formed the Benrath-Urdenbach Diocese Association.
The Colorium is a 17-storey high-rise building on Speditionstraße in the Media Harbour of the city of Düsseldorf. It was designed by British architect William Allen Alsop for Ibing Immobilien GmbH. Completion took place in December 2001.
78. Menhir von Kaiserswerth
The Kaiserswerther Menhir is, apart from a few soil finds, the oldest still preserved monument in North Rhine-Westphalia. It is located on Zeppenheimer Weg. It is a 1.70 m high megalith. It dates from the period from 2000 to 1500 BC. Chr.
79. St. Apollinaris
San Apollinaris is a five-nave Catholic church, almost square in floor plan, located in the Düsseldorf district of Oberbilk. The parish of the same name belongs to the pastoral areas of Unter-und Oberbilk, Friedrichstadt and Eller-West.
Florapark is one of the smaller parks in the city of Düsseldorf. Its total area is 3 hectares. It is located south of the Old City and today in the Unterbilk district south of the city centre, not far from Friedrichstadt and Bilk.
The Castle Church in Elle District of Düsseldorf was built in the early 20th century. It was built in the 14th century in Neo-Romanesque style and can be traced back to a foundation. It belongs to the Rhineland Protestant Church.
82. St. Nikolaus
The Roman Catholic parish church of St. Nicholas is one of the three oldest churches in Düsseldorf and is located in the district of Himmelgeist. The parish of the same name belongs to the pastoral unit Düsseldorfer Rheinbogen.
83. St. Hubertus
St. Itter's Catholic parish church. Hubertus, a three-nave Romanesque cathedral with a bell tower, is one of the four oldest churches in Düsseldorf. The diocese of the same name belongs to the diocese of Rheinbogen, Düsseldorf.
84. Ehemaliges Konsulat USA
The former U. S. Consulate General at 5 Cecilienallee, Düsseldorf-Golzheim, was built in 1953 and designed by Skidmore Owings & Merrill (SOM) with 1950s international style. Architect Otto Appel implemented the design on site.
Mariensäule is a neo-Romanesque pillar in the Carlstadt district of Düsseldorf, topped by a statue of the Virgin Mary. It stands on the pedestal of a small garden where roses are planted and leaves its mark on Maxplatz there.
86. Düsseldorfer Schauspielhaus
The Düsseldorfer Schauspielhaus is a theatre building and company in Düsseldorf. The present building with two major auditoria was designed by the architect Bernhard Pfau and built between 1965 and 1969. It opened in 1970.
Maria-Obhut-Kirche is a building in the Russian Orthodox Parish of Berlin, located at Ellerstraße 213, Düsseldorf-Oberbik. It was built by Father Stullenberg in 1883 as a monastery for the "poor servant of Jesus Christ".
88. Caritas Altenzentrum St. Hubertusstift
The Hubertus-Stift complex, currently known as Caritas Altenzentrum St. Hubertusstift, located in Neusser Straße 25 and HubertusStraße 3 in Düsseldorf-Unterbilk, is a Catholic home for the elderly, managed by Caritas.
The Kaiser Wilhelm Monument in Düsseldorf is one of numerous Kaiser Wilhelm monuments erected during the German Empire and glorifies Wilhelm I as its "founder of the Empire" and as the victor over the Second Empire.
The Karl-Arnold-Haus is located at Palmenstraße 16 in Düsseldorf-Unterbilk, adjacent to the Florapark, and houses the North Rhine-Westphalian Academy of Sciences and Arts and the Johannes Rau Research Association.
91. Stadtmuseum Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf Stadtmuseum Düsseldorf is a museum in Düsseldorf, the capital of the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is located at Spee Palace in Karlstadt, on the southern edge of the historic city center.
92. St. Dionysius
The Catholic parish church of St. Dionysius is located in Düsseldorf-Volmerswerth. It was built from 1854 to 1855 according to plans by the architect Vincenz Statz, the bell tower in 1865/66 by Friedrich Weise.
93. St. Suitbertus
The church of St. Suitbertus at Suitbertusplatz 1 in düsseldorf's Bilk district was built in two phases between 1905 and 1906 and 1927. The Catholic church building has been a listed building since 1994.
The Kreuzherrenkirche was initially a monastery church of the Order of the Kreuzherren in the old city center of Düsseldorf. The Kreuzherrenkirche is located on Ursulinengasse, corner ratinger Straße.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.