Here you can find interesting sights in Brunswick, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 27 sights are available in Brunswick, Germany.Back to the list of cities in Germany
1. Braunschweiger Quadriga
The Braunschweig Quadriga, made for the first time between 1855 and 1863, is a survival -sized group of sculptures. It consists of Brunonia, the allegorical patron saint of Duke Wilhelm, the Duchy and the city of Braunschweig, which steers a team of four horses in an anti -wheel, two -wheeled charging, holding the reins with her left hand and holding an honorary wing with her left hand and with her left hand , at the top of which there is a laurel wreath for Duke Wilhelm. The third team based on the original model obtained has been on the replica of the Braunschweig Residenzschloss since October 23, 2008.
Liberei in Brunswick, also known as Liberey or Andreana, is considered the oldest independent library building north of the Alps. It was built between 1412 and 1422 in Kröppelstraße in the Neustadt district, just a few meters southeast of St. Andrew's Church. Known beyond the city boundaries thanks to donations from Johann Ember, especially Gerwin von Hameln and others, the library was until its dissolution in 1753, and for more than 300 years was considered one of the most important collections of books and manuscripts in northern Germany.
The Prinz-Albrecht-Park, for short prince park, is a 58 hectare park in the eastern ring area in Braunschweig. The in 1900 planned style of planned style in 1900 is now a cultural monument. With the adjacent Franzschen Feld, the Nußberg, the city park and the allotment gardens and green areas around the Mittelriede and Wabe streams, it forms an extensive local recreation area near the city center. The Riddagshausen nature reserve begins east of the honeycomb.
The Brüdernfriedhof or Ulricifriedhof in the Western Ring Area in Braunschweig is a historic cemetery that was created in 1769. Today it serves as a public green space. There are still a small number of gravestones in the complex, which is protected as a monument. The former cemetery of the Brüdernkirche of the Evangelical Lutheran parish of St. Ulrici-Brüdern is surrounded by a fence and is located on the north side of Broitzemer Straße.
5. Braunschweiger Löwe
The Brunswick Lion is a medieval sculpture, created in bronze between 1164 and 1176, and the best-known landmark in the German city of Brunswick. The Brunswick Lion was originally located on the Burgplatz square in front of the Brunswick Cathedral. The monument was moved to Dankwarderode Castle in 1980, and later replaced at the original location by a replica. Within Brunswick, it is commonly known as the "Castle Lion" (Burglöwe).
6. St. Martini
The Martinikirche is a parish church in Braunschweig. It was built as of the 12th century as the main and parish church of the old town. The start of construction was about 1190/1195. Henry the Lion is considered the initiator. It is the only medieval double -towered church in Braunschweig with a full west building. It is located west of the old town market and is surrounded by the street on the Martinikirche on three sides.
7. Wasserturm am Giersberg
The water tower on the Giersberg in Braunschweig was built in 1901 by the city's waterworks and was an integral part of the water supply in the city center. The design intended for execution comes from city architect Max Osterloh and city building council Ludwig Winter. The engineer A. Thiem from Leipzig, experienced in this area, was commissioned to develop the construction, the equipment and the technical evidence.
Johann Carl Friedrich Gauss was a German mathematician and physicist who made significant contributions to many fields in mathematics and science. Sometimes referred to as the Princeps mathematicorum and "the greatest mathematician since antiquity", Gauss had an exceptional influence in many fields of mathematics and science, and is ranked among history's most influential mathematicians.
9. St. Petri
St. Peter's Church, also known as St. Peter's Church, was built in the 12th century. Built in the 14th century, it is the fourth parish church in Weichbild Altstadt, Brunswick. It is located on the street "An der Petrikirche". The municipal building is located on Lange Street. The Gothic church has a 71-meter-high spire that has featured a striking copper cock since 1971.
10. St. Joseph
The Church of Sankt Joseph is a Roman Catholic church in Braunschweig, it is located in the western ring area. The church belongs to the parish of St. Aegidien in the dean's office in Braunschweig of the Hildesheim diocese. The church named after St. Josef von Nazaret is the third oldest Catholic church in Braunschweig to St. Aegidien and St. Laurentius.
The Gothic Altstadtrathaus in Brunswick is one of the oldest surviving town halls in Germany, the oldest part of which dates back to the mid-13th century. It was built as the town hall of the Old City, the most powerful and wealthiest of the five cities in Brunswick. Together with Martinikirche, it forms the impressive west side of Altstadtmarkt.
12. St. Andreas
The origins of St Andrew's in Brunswick can probably be traced back to the Saalkirche architecture around 1160. From about 1230, a cathedral with three naves was built on it as a parish church in the Neustadt community of Brunswick. St Andrew's Church was first mentioned in 1290. It has been a Protestant church since 1528.
13. Dominikanerkloster St. Albertus Magnus
St Albert Magnus in Brunswick is a Catholic parish church and the Abbey Church of the Dominican Abbey in Brunswick. The church is located in the northeast of the Old City, near the inner ring (Brucknerstra ® e 6). The Diocese of St Alberts Magnus is part of the Diocese of Brunswick in the Diocese of Hildesheim.
14. St. Hedwig
St. Hedwig's Church is a Catholic church in Luningen, Brunswick, Germany. It is part of the Diocese of Brunswick in the Diocese of Hildesheim. The church is named after St Hedwig of Anders at Am Westerberge 27. The church's catchment area includes the Broitzem, Gartenstadt and Rüningen districts of Brunswick.
The Friedrich-Wilhelm-Eiche is a natural monument in Braunschweig and, together with a metal bypass built around this in 1859, is reminiscent of the bivouac of the Welfen-Herzog Friedrich Wilhelm von Braunschweig-Lüneburg-Oels on the evening of July 31, 1809, one day before the battle With oilpers.
16. St. Cyriakus
The St. Cyriakus church is the Roman Catholic parish church in the western town, a district of Braunschweig. The modern parish church of the parish of St. Cyriakus is located in Donaustraße 12 in the Danube district. It belongs to the Deanery Braunschweig and the Hildesheim diocese.
17. Alte Waage
The old scale, as can be seen today in the soft picture of the Braunschweig Neustadt, is a detailed reconstruction of the original building from 1534 in 1994, which was destroyed by several bombing during the Second World War, especially by the bomb attack of October 15, 1944 .
18. St. Laurentius
St. Lawrence is a Roman Catholic church in Brunswick. The church belongs to the Parish of St Ajidine in the Parish of Brunswick in the Parish of Hildesheim. The church, named after St. Lawrence in Rome, is the second oldest Catholic church in Brunswick today, after St. Agidia.
19. Reformierter Friedhof
The Reformed Cemetery in the Western Ring of Brunswick was built in 1749 and originally belonged to the Protestant Reformed congregation. Today, the cemetery is the property of the municipal government and is one of the oldest existing cemeteries in the city.
20. Heinrich Kielhorn Relief
Heinrich Kirghorn is a pioneer of special education in Germany. In 1881, he set up a help class in Brunswick for "children who are not idiots and need institutional care, but are so inferior in spirit that they cannot successfully participate in teaching".
21. Braunschweigisches Landesmuseum
The Evangelical Brethren Church "St. Ulrici Brothers" in Braunschweig is a former Franciscan church, which was originally dedicated to Saints Mary, Francis and Bernward. It was the centre of a partially preserved monastery complex.
Gosberg is a small 1.38-hectare park that forms a highland on the north-northwest edge of Hagen, Brunswick. It was built in 1831 as a result of the demolition of the fortress in Brunswick City in the early 19th century.
Roggenmühle Lehndorf is a former grain industrial plant in the Lehndorf district of Brunswick, built in 1912, next to the entrance of Highway 391. It has been a protected industrial monument since it was closed in 1987.
26. Burg Dankwarderode
Dankwarderode Castle on the Burgplatz in Braunschweig (Brunswick) is a Saxon lowland castle. It was the residence of the Brunswick dukes for centuries and, today, is part of the Herzog Anton Ulrich Museum.
Hutfiltern is a street in downtown Brunswick at the intersection of historic Altstadt and Altewiek. It is one of the oldest trade routes in the city and one of the most important trade routes in the city.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.