Explore interesting sights in Bergisch Gladbach, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 13 sights are available in Bergisch Gladbach, Germany.Sightseeing Tours in Bergisch Gladbach
1. Neues Herwegshaus
The historical name for the Bruchsteinhaus Burggraben 1 in the Bensberg district of Bergisch Gladbach is the new Herweghaus. The house was built in 1761 as a two -storey residential building with a cripple whale roof. Since 1780 it has been called "New Herrweghaus between the new and old castle" after the Cologne patrician and mayor family Herweg, which was owner until 1834. She had further extensive possession in Bensberg and Moitzfeld. Since 1808, the house has served as a hospital for French soldiers from the barracks in Bensberg Castle. Around 1900, Friedrich Albrecht set up a colonial goods store in the building.
2. Ruhestätte österreichischer Krieger
The Imperial Kirchhof, also called the Austrian cemetery or war memorial, is a resting place for the hospital of the main army hospital in Bensberg Castle, which was buried in the Milchborn Valley in Bensberg on the southwest edge of the Hardt in mass graves. The name Imperial Kirchhof is based on the fact that the complex was built in 1854, i.e. at the time of the Imperial Austria, with whose support. The name of the Austrian cemetery is to remind you that there were soldiers of the Austrian troops in the last phase of the so-called Holy Roman Empire who were buried here.
3. Rittergut Dombach
The Dombach Rittergut or Dombach Castle is a medieval rule building in the district of Halfen Dombach, the district of Sand von Bergisch Gladbach in the Rheinisch-Bergische Kreis. In popular terms it is known to this day the castle. The construction of the Dombach 2 fracture stone building is dated to the 15th century. The LVR Office for Monument Care in the Rhineland orders it as an earlier knight's seat.
4. ehemaliger Bahnhof Forsbach
Forsbach is a district of Rösrath in the Rheinisch-Bergischer Kreis, Germany. Around 6000 inhabitants live on an area of 7.5 km². On the one hand, Forsbach became known nationwide for the "Whisky Bill" restaurant, and on the other hand, the Rheinisch-Westfälische Genossenschaftsakademie is a well-known training centre for banking professionals throughout North Rhine-Westphalia.
5. Französischer Friedhof
The French churchyard, also called a French cemetery or war memorial, is a resting place in mass graves for the lazaret dwellers of the Napoleonic troops in the Milchborntal in Bensberg on the southwestern edge of the Hardt, which were mainly died in typhoid, which were housed in Bensberg Castle from 1812.
6. St. Antonius Abbas
St. Antonius Abbas is a Roman Catholic church in Herkenrath, a district of Bergisch Gladbach, Germany. It is located in the centre of the Fronhof district. The Romanesque part of the church is joined by a modern building from the 1960s, the patron saint of the church, is St. Anthony the Great.
7. Schloss Bensberg
Bensberg Castle is a former royal hunting lodge in Bergisch Gladbach, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is now operated as a luxury hotel under the name 'Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg'. The central axis of the building complex is exactly geared to the Cologne Cathedral.
The Königsforst is a 2519 hectare forest area east of Cologne. It is part of the Bergische Heideterrasse. The forest is a bird protection and FFH area. Parts of the forest belong to the Königsforst nature reserve (Cologne) and the Königsforst nature reserve (Rhein-Berg).
9. Forsthaus Steinberg, Regionalforstamt Bergisches Land
Steinhaus is a village and a former municipality in the Bockenberg district of Bergisch Gladbach in the Königsforst district. The forester's lodge Steinhaus is part of the courtyard. Every now and then you can also hear the outdated name Groß Steinhaus.
10. Kriegerdenkmal Bensberg
The war memorial Bensberg stands in front of Bensberg Castle on Kadettenstrasse shortly before the confluence with Jan-Wellem-Straße in the Bensberg district in Bergisch Gladbach. It was registered as No. 60 in the list of monuments in Bergisch Gladbach.
11. Heilige Drei Könige
The Church St. Three Kings stands in the Hebborn district of Bergisch Gladbach in the Rheinisch-Bergisches Kreis. It belongs to the Roman Catholic parish of St. Laurentius in the Rheinisch-Bergischer Kreis district dean.
The dwarf cavity of the men's offices is a karst cave cut by quarry work in the Paffrather lime trough. It is located in the Strundetal on the municipal area of Odenthal on the street from men's biting to top.
The Maltesermühle was a fruit mill in the men's breeds from Bergisch Gladbach an der Strunde. It was also called Mühle to men and the Strunder Mühle (1773). Today it only serves for residential purposes.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.