22 Sights in Bad Rappenau, Germany (with Map and Images)
Explore interesting sights in Bad Rappenau, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 22 sights are available in Bad Rappenau, Germany.List of cities in GermanySightseeing Tours in Bad Rappenau
1. Schloß Grombach
Grombach Castle in Grombach, a district of Bad Rappenau in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg, is a former moated castle from the 13th century. Due to the eventful history of Grombach's ownership, the castle was not inhabited at all times. The Lords of Venningen, who acquired the castle and village of Grombach in 1498, had it rebuilt in 1544 in the Renaissance style. After an interruption in the 17th century, they have been in possession of the complex again since around 1700. The last time the castle was inhabited by the owners was in the middle of the 19th century. Since then, the associated large estate has been leased, while the residential building of the castle served changing residential purposes.
2. Ehem. Synagoge
The Heinsheim Synagogue is a synagogue built in 1796 in Heinsheim, a district of Bad Rappenau in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg. In 1938, the Jewish community abandoned its use as a synagogue and sold the building to a farmer. Most recently, the house was used as a locksmith's workshop, but in 2013 it was acquired by the Friends of the Former Synagogue, founded in 2012. He wants to set up a "living place for remembrance, dialogue and culture" in the former synagogue.
The schoolhouse in Grombach, a district of Bad Rappenau in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg, was built in 1888/89. Until 1966 there was an eight-class elementary school, then until 1974 an independent elementary school, which was then first affiliated to the elementary and secondary school in Kirchardt and in 1984 to the elementary and secondary school in Bad Rappenau. Since 1991, the primary school in Grombach has been an independent school again.
4. Sankt Margaretha
The Catholic Church of St. Margaretha in Grombach, a district of the large district town of Bad Rappenau in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg, goes back to the church of the village, which was already documented in the Middle Ages, and was built in its present form in 1759 by the Grombach mayor and master builder Johann Peter Moll, who also donated the magnificent baroque furnishings, which have been preserved to this day.
5. Schloss Treschklingen
The castle in Treschklingen, a district of Bad Rappenau in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg, was built in 1802 as an office building on the site of an older manor house. For a time, the barons of Gemmingen sat on the castle estate, and for many years it was managed by Meiern. From 1896 to 1952 it was leased to the sugar factory in Waghäusel and Südzucker.
The Bergkirche in Heinsheim in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg is a sacred building first mentioned in the 10th century, which is visible from afar on a ridge above the village in the Neckar valley and close to Ehrenberg Castle. In the church there are several historical funerary monuments of the Lords of Ehrenberg.
The moated castle Bad Rappenau is a moated castle from the early 17th century in Bad Rappenau. The castle was built around 1600 by the Lords of Gemmingen on the site of an older manor house, came into the possession of the municipality in 1956 and was the seat of the city administration from 1980 to 2001. Today it serves cultural purposes.
8. Gruftkapelle der Freiherren von Gemmingen
The crypt chapel of the Barons of Gemmingen in Treschklingen, now a district of Bad Rappenau in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg, was built near the cemetery of the village in 1839. It serves as a private chapel and burial place of the Treschkling branch of the family, which has been Catholic again since 1764.
Wikipedia: Gruftkapelle der Freiherren von Gemmingen (Treschklingen) (DE)
9. Schloß Obergimpern
Obergimpern Castle is a manor house in Obergimpern, a district of Bad Rappenau in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The castle received its present form through several construction measures by the Counts of Yrsch, whose descendants still own the property today. It is a listed building.
10. Evangelische Kirche
The Evangelical Church in Obergimpern, a district of the large district town of Bad Rappenau in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg, was built on the site of an older chapel in 1764. Until the construction of the Catholic Church of St. Cyriak, the church served as a simultaneous church.
11. Evangelische Kirche
Babstadt, a district of Bad Rappenau in Heilbron district in northern Baden-Württemberg, is a Protestant church built at the end of the 15th century. This chapel built in the 18th century. In the 19th century, it was converted into a church, then Baroque, and rebuilt into its present form in 1908/09.
12. Evangelische Kirche
The Protestant church in Bonfeld is a church building in the late Baroque style, which was built around 1775 on the site of a previous building existing in the 15th century. The original furnishings of the church as well as ceiling paintings from 1907 were largely destroyed during later renovations.
The Oberschloss in Bonfeld, a district of Bad Rappenau in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg, is a castle built from 1748 by the Barons of Gemmingen on the site of a medieval castle. It takes its name from its location, above the Old Castle, built in the 16th century.
14. St. Cyriak
St. Cyriac Catholic Church, located in Obergimpern, the great county town of Bad Rappenau, Heilbron district, north of Baden-Württemberg, was built in 1904 according to Ludwig Mayer's plan. Before the Catholic Church was built, today's Protestant churches were built at the same time.
15. Evangelische Kirche
The Protestant church in Glenbach, built in 1787, is a district of Badrapenau, a large county town in Heilbron district in northern Baden-Württemberg. The church's art treasures include a 14th-century clock. There is also the remains of an Overmann organ from the 1830s.
16. Burg Ehrenberg
Ehrenberg Castle is the ruin of a hilltop castle built from the 12th century above Heinsheim am Neckar, which forms a striking ensemble of the Castle Road at this point with the historic buildings of Gundelsheim on the opposite bank of the Neckar.
17. Historisches Gasthaus Krone
The Gasthaus Krone in Bonfeld, a district of Bad Rappenau in northern Baden-Württemberg, is a historic inn dated 1786 at the portal, which was awarded the Baden-Württemberg Monument Protection Prize after extensive renovation in 2003.
18. Schloss Fürfeld
Schloss Fürfeld in Fürfeld, a district of Bad Rappenau in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg, dates back to a medieval castle and received its present form essentially in the 16th and early 18th centuries.
19. Schloß Babstadt
The castle in Babstadt, a district of Bad Rappenau in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg, was built around 1900 on the site of a previous building, making it one of the youngest castles in the district.
The Herz-Jesu-Kirche in Bad Rappenau is a Catholic church that was built from 1929 according to plans by the Heidelberg architect Franz Sales Kuhn and extended in 1954 under the direction of the architect Anton Ohnmacht.
21. Gasthof Zur Goldenen Krone
The inn "Zur Goldenen Krone" in Grombach, a district of Bad Rappenau in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg, is a historic inn that probably dates back to the time before the Thirty Years' War.
22. Altes Pfarrhaus
The old rectory in Bad Rappenau-Fürfeld in the district of Heilbronn in northern Baden-Württemberg dates from the late 16th century and is the second oldest building in the village after Fürfeld Castle.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.