Explore interesting sights in Aurich, Germany. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 5 sights are available in Aurich, Germany.List of cities in Germany Sightseeing Tours in Aurich
The memorial to the fallen of the First World War has stood since 1926 in the East Frisian district town of Aurich on the corner of Bahnhofsstraße and Burgstraße. The monument was erected at the suggestion of a citizens' initiative. The latter had launched a competition a year earlier, which was won by the Düsseldorf sculptor Joseph Hammerschmidt with his design. The monument commemorates the soldiers of the infantry regiment "Duke Friedrich Wilhelm von Braunschweig" (East Frisian) No. 78 and the Reserve Infantry Regiment No. 92 who fell in the First World War.
2. Historisches Museum
The Historical Museum is located in the East Frisian district town of Aurich. It is housed in the Old Chancellery and is a member of the Museumsverbund Ostfriesland. The Historical Museum leads through the history of the city and East Frisia in six thematic complexes: geest and city, churches and monasteries, castle, heyday of the citizens, East Frisia in war trouble, region and middle center. On display are exhibits from history, art and culture in Aurich and East Frisia from the Stone Age to the present day.
Lambetti Church in Orich (East Frisland) is the parish church of Lambetti Diocese of Evangelical Lutheran Church. This neoclassical church was built between 1833 and 1835 on the original site of the previous building that was demolished in 1826. The name of this church comes from St. Lambert, and this pre-reform building is dedicated to him.
The landscape house is located in Aurich. It is the seat of the East Frisian landscape, from which it takes its name. The angular building with polygonal corner tower and densely lined up dwarf gables was built in the years 1898 to 1901 according to designs by the architect Hermann Schaedtler from Hanover in the style of the Neo-Renaissance.
The Cirksena family mausoleum in Orich is the final resting place of the Cirksena family, Earl of East Frisland. It opened in 1886 at the municipal cemetery in the city of Orich. Before that, the earls were buried in different places.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.