Here you can find interesting sights in Cergy, France. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 5 sights are available in Cergy, France.List of cities in France Sightseeing Tours in Cergy
1. Église Saint-Christophe
St. Christophe's Church is a Roman Catholic parish church in Cergy, France. Its extraordinary Renaissance gates face the village, and its Romanesque bell tower, one of the oldest two-story bells in the area, draws attention. Through the gate, you enter an open vestibule, where you can see the remains of the building and the tearing of masonry, giving an image of a partially destroyed church. This was not the case, because the work started during the Renaissance was never completed, but the pre-Romanesque nave of the 1130/1140 was actually demolished in 1904. It is out of date, and its removal in 1905 helped to consolidate the clock tower. The present western facade and the walls surrounding the southern corridor of the Renaissance can be traced back to this period. From the inside, the church is a long three-bay, wide three-bay square space, almost homogeneous except that the bottom of the bell tower is still Romanesque. It boasts one of the oldest surviving vaults in the area, as well as six stigmas dating back to 1130/1140 and an Oriental arch dating back to the second half of the 11th century. At this time, the Carolingian chapel had a flat bedside, enlarged by the addition of a semicircular attic. Excavations in 2002/2003 revealed this situation and the floor plan of the second Romanesque church in the second quarter of the 12th century. The rest of the church is Gothic and dates back to the early 13th century. While the height beneath the vault is low, the windows are unfilled, and the sculpture is clumsy, the interior space attracts people with the same height of large vault space, like the choir hall in and around the Vais Valley. The church has been listed as a historical monument since 1913. It contains a large number of classified furniture elements, including tombstones and foundation plaques. Since the inauguration of two new parish churches in Cergy New Town, St. Christophe's Church is no longer the center of parish life, but Mass is held at least twice a week.
2. Église Saint-Ouen
Saint-Ouen Church is a Roman Catholic parish church in Saint-Ouen-Omone, Valdevais, France. It inherits a chapel built in the late 7th or early 8th centuries to commemorate the 686 funeral procession of St. Ouen through his Anglican city of Rouen. This chapel was rebuilt in Romanesque style in the first half of the 12th century. Only Simon is left. From the end of the 12th century to the middle of the 13th century, the rest of the chapel was rebuilt again. The scale is small, because St. Vander Charity was not a parish before the chapel was completed, and the chapel later became a parish church. The nave and aisle were arched in gorgeous Gothic style in the first half of the 16th century. The chapels to the north and south of the facade also look gorgeous, but they are all 19th century. At this time, the church underwent extensive restoration, and although the restoration was fortunate for the gate, it remained unfinished in the cross-hall and the Gothic Choir was demolished in 1837 and replaced with a new structure. Thus, the Church of Saint-Ouen is not a homogeneous building, but its various parts are harmoniously combined and its archaeological value is undeniable. Therefore, according to the decree of June 16, 1926, it was listed in the list of historical sites. Today, St. Wan's Church is still the city's main Catholic place of worship, and its spiritual life is very tense, with several Mass on weekdays and Mass all year round on Sundays.
3. Ancienne abbaye de Maubuisson
Maubuisson Abbey is a Cistercian nunnery at Saint-Ouen-l'Aumône, in the Val-d'Oise department of France. It was founded in A. D. 1236 by Blanche of Castile, Queen of France, who may have been buried there in 1252. The site is now within the north-western suburbs of Paris. The surviving buildings are listed as a monument historique.
4. Amphithéâtre de l'Axe Majeur
The Major Axis is a monumental work located in Cergy, in the val-d'Oise department, in France. It is part of a loop of the Oise, in the center of the new town of Cergy-Pontoise. The work was designed by Israeli sculptor Dani Karavan from 1980, with its first elements appearing during the 1980s.
5. Musée Tavet Delacour
The Tavet-Delacour Museum is located in Pontoise, in the province of Valdevais, France. It sits in a late 15th-century mansion that was once the home of the vicar of the Pontovaz parish and was built by Cardinal Guillaume de Estutville, Archbishop of Rouen.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.