8 Sights in Kotka, Finland (with Map and Images)
Explore interesting sights in Kotka, Finland. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 8 sights are available in Kotka, Finland.List of cities in Finland Sightseeing Tours in Kotka
1. Katariina Seaside Park
Katariina Marine Park is a park located in Kotka, in the southern parts of Kotkansaari in Katariinanniemi. On the territory of the park there are ruins of Fort Katarina, the main fortress of the Ruotsinsalmi sea fortress. Fort Katarina is surrounded by a dry area of sand and rock. Behind the fortress area lies katariina's alder grove, which represents the original grove nature that has become rare on Kotkansaari Island. The tar grove was protected in 1964. Meripuisto was chosen as the Environmental Structure of the Year 2012. It has also been awarded the Trend Award of the European Association of Landscapers.
Tarmo is a Finnish steam-powered icebreaker preserved in the Maritime Museum of Finland in Kotka. Built in 1907 by Sir W. G. Armstrong, Whitworth & Co Ltd in Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, she was the third state-owned icebreaker of Finland and the last Finnish steam-powered icebreaker to remain in service. When Tarmo was decommissioned in 1970, a decision was made to preserve the vessel as a museum ship. After a long wait in Helsinki, Tarmo was towed to Kotka and completely restored in the early 1990s.
3. Riverside Park
Riverside Park is the Eagle Group Park in Cahura District. The park is bordered by Kymi River, Kyminlinjae and Karhula Central District at high altitude of Kimi River, and covers an area of about one hectare. The area of the park is called Friendship Park in the formula. The old park is mainly lawn. The reconstruction of Riverside Park began in 2011, and its implementation ceremony was held on 17th. May 5, 2013. The park was designed by Eagle City gardener Heikki Wakeson.
Kyminlinna is a fortress located in the northern part of island of Hovinsaari in Kotka, on the south coast of Finland. Kyminlinna is part of the South-Eastern Finland fortification system built by Russia after the Russo-Swedish War of 1788-1790. Kyminlinna formed the northern part of a double fortification, together with Ruotsinsalmi sea fortress, where Kyminlinna was intended to repulse land-based attacks along the King's Road.
5. Haapasaaren kirkko
Haapasaari Church is a wooden church in the outer archipelago of Kotka in Haapasaari. The church was built between 1858 and 1859 according to the plans of the Intendant's Office. The master builder was Jeremias Laavu. Haapasaari Church is located on a site where there has already been a prayer room. The building belongs to the premises of the Kotka–Kymi parish and is only in use in the summer.
Supporters are plaster sculptures of Emile Wickstrom, dating back to 1890. From the sculpture to the eagle in 1952 and the White Light Age in 1987, the bronze corner has been erected. The original plaster sculpture will be exhibited as a museum at the Artist's Square in the Vissa Hill in Wickstrom, Bai Gao. The name Koskenvilter is also used in the sculpture.
7. Sapokka Water Garden
Sapporo Water Park is a park located in the center of Cossack town. The park covers about three hectares of the bottom environment of Sapokang Bay. Sapokan Bay has been in the formula as a park area since 1917. Construction of the existing water park began in 1990. The main designer is Eagle City gardener Heikki Waksson.
8. Merikeskus Vellamo
Maritime Centre Vellamo is a building completed in 2008 in the Kantasatama harbour of Kotka, which houses the cultural and event services of the Finnish Maritime Museum, Kymenlaakso Museum, the Coast Guard Museum and Kotka.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.