Here you can find interesting sights in Praha, Czechia. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 57 sights are available in Praha, Czechia.List of cities in Czechia Sightseeing Tours in Praha
1. Divadlo V Dlouhé
Divadlo v Dlouhé is a repertoire theatre with a permanent group of actors established in 1996 as a set financed by the Municipality of Prague. The group of actors comprises graduates of the Theatre Academy of Musical Arts, part of the actors have studied in the Department of Alternative and Marionette Theatre of this Academy. The young group is highly talented in terms of dance and music. The repertoire spans from great dramatic stories to non-traditional cabarets. The Theatre holds the Child in Dlouhá / Dítě v Dlouhé festival at which the most interesting plays for children's theatre are featured. Divadlo v Dlouhé was nominated several times for Alfréd Radok Award in the category Theatre of the Year. Grabbe's Don Juan and Faust and Sestra Úzkost won the category Performance of the Year.
2. La Fabrika
La Fabrika is a cultural space located at Hole š ovice in Prague. It is made up of two connected factory buildings from the early twentieth century, situated between the workers, the commune and the port, according to KAVA Studio recommendations. The origin of industry endows La Fabrice with special charm and originality. At present, the center is a multi-functional space, which requires non-traditional space solutions except theater concerts, exhibitions, film screenings, multimedia exhibitions, performances, lectures, seminars, various social meetings and acrobatic performances. For example, it is appointed among the actors who work in La Fabrice. Tatiana Vilhelm, Anna Polivkov á, Martha Issov á, Vojt μ ch Dyk, Jakub Prachar or documents 420 PEOPLE, HOLEKTIV, SPOLUHRA and others.
3. Husův sbor
The Huss Choir is located at the Czechoslovakian Huss Church in Prague-Hole š ovice, on Farsk á Street, in House 1386/3, near Strossmayer Square. The street is named after Karl Farr, founder and first patriarch of the Husi Church in Czechoslovakia. The chorus of Hu's Coss at Hole š ovice was built from 1935 to 1937, based on the design of the Ark. Franti š ek Kubelka is a versatile new building. On the ground floor of the apartment building, people built a prayer room on marble and underground colonnades, which is called one of the largest churches in Europe. The main features of the building are the Byzantine cross on the front and the modernist tower with calyx. Poet Franti š ek Hrub í n lives in the residential area of Huss Choir.
4. svatý Juda Tadeáš
Jude was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus according to the New Testament. He is generally identified with Thaddeus, and is also variously called Judas Thaddaeus, Jude of James, or Lebbaeus. He is sometimes identified with Jude, the brother of Jesus, but is clearly distinguished from Judas Iscariot, the apostle who betrayed Jesus prior to his crucifixion. Catholic writer Michal Hunt suggests that Judas Thaddaeus became known as Jude after early translators of the New Testament from Greek into English sought to distinguish him from Judas Iscariot and subsequently abbreviated his forename. Most versions of the New Testament in languages other than English and French refer to Judas and Jude by the same name.
5. Žižkovské divadlo Járy Cimrmana
The Jára Cimrman Theatre is a Prague theatre company operating since the late 60s. His repertoire consists of comic plays by Ladislav Smoljak and Zdeněk Svěrák with the theme of the fictional Czech genius Jára Cimrman, who is claimed to be the original author of these plays. Traditionally, only men play in the theatre, with some exceptions without acting education. It is one of the most successful and popular Czech authorial theatres and Czech post-war theatres in general. Since 1992 he has been working at the Žižkov Theatre of Jára Cimrman, p. o., where the Cimrman English Theatre performs, presenting plays by the Jára Cimrman Theatre in English.
6. Leopoldova brána
The gate of Leopold was the early Baroque gate of Vy š ehrad in Prague. Located in V Street Fortress, it is part of Vyhrad Castle. The gate was built between 1653 and 1672, and the exact start year and completion time are unknown. It may have been based on Carlo Luraga's architectural design, which retains a sketch of the building. Leopold's gate is the entrance into the interior of Vichy Herad Fort. Although it was part of an enhanced system by architect Giuseppe Priami, it was never served for military purposes. Functional usage is limited to half of 19. A century later, the road between the new town and Pankr á c was built in Vy š ehrad.
7. Národní galerie v Praze - Veletržní palác
The National Gallery in Prague, since 2018 presenting itself under the name Of the National Gallery Prague and the abbreviation NGP, is a state organization managing the largest collection of fine arts in the Czech Republic. The gallery was created from a privately initiated picture gallery, which from the end of the 18th century publicly exhibited originally borrowed paintings, gaining its current character in the 1st half of the 20th century. He exhibits art from his collections in permanent exhibitions and organized exhibitions in several buildings in Prague and beyond, which are all important cultural monuments.
8. Z vlastního rozhodnutí
From his own decision-Memento mori is a monument to Prague's Folimanka Park dedicated to those who volunteered to jump off the Nussel Bridge. The monument was designed and created by sculptor Krishtov Ketya. It consists of street lamps ten meters high, and its light points upward to the bridge. On the lamppost, about how many people's eyes are attracted by a sign "Memento mori-those who make their own decisions in these places". Initially, the number of people who died under the bridge should also be listed on the sign, but this intention was abandoned because the exact number was unknown.
9. Divadlo Ungelt
The Ungelt Theatre is a private theatre stage in Prague's Old Town in Týn with an auditorium for less than a hundred spectators, which was opened on 2 October 1995. The opening was attended by the Czech actor Miloš Kopecký, who on that occasion donated his favorite revolving chair to the theatre. It is located in the theatre club, where there are many other chairs, which are gifts of sponsors and well-known personalities of Czech public life. The founder, owner and artistic director is the actor Milan Hein, whose right hand is the Chief Operating Officer MgA. Jiří Pritz.
10. Nejsvětější Trojice
The Church of the Holy Trinity in Spálená Street in Prague's New Town is a Baroque three-nave building with a tower from 1713 built according to the project of Octavio Broggio as part of the later abolished monastery of the Trinitarian Order, or Order of the Holy Trinity for the Redemption of Prisoners, a Catholic order whose mission at that time was primarily to redeem Christians from Turkish captivity. The church is protected as a cultural monument and is located in the immediate vicinity of the premises of the Faculty of Education of Charles University.
11. Matka Boží před Týnem
The Church of Notre Dame in front of T å n is located in the old city of Prague, near the old city square. Its construction began in the middle of the 14th. To the 16th decade of the century. Century. Prague's most important churches, both architectural and well-preserved interior mobilization, belong to the artistic style. Its west facade facing the square is one of Prague's most famous landmarks. The facade of the church has a gateway to the square, which consists of the front buildings of two houses, one of which is the T å nsk á school.
12. Kaple svaté Rodiny
The Chapel of the Holy Family is located in Prague's Vinohrady district in the street Pod Nuselských schody. It was founded in 1755 by a Prague burgher and municipal councillor Karel Leopold Bepta, who also bequeathed his fortune to it, as a vineyard chapel on the grounds of a homestead later called Vondračka. Bepta founded the chapel here allegedly because the people working on his land were "a mischievous and very unrestrained person" and the opportunity to attend services in the chapel was supposed to help them get back on track.
13. Letenská vodárenská věž
The Letensk á water tower or Letensk á water park is a 38.3-metre high five-story water tower built in a Neo-Renaissance building, located in Praze-Buben č e, Letna, near the Spartan football field in Prague, at Korunovacni 1000/3 at an altitude of 1000/1. The building is currently used as a library, kindergarten, club room and a public hall on the top floor. There are chandeliers on the roof of the tent and a clock machine on the top of the roof. On the last layer, there is an external willingness to put figure skating.
14. Divadlo Archa
Archa Theatre is Prague's theatrical stage, focusing on contemporary stage art. Multifunctional spaces for public cultural production-theaters, concerts and other similar activities. It is located in the Archa Palace building, close to the Functionalist Bank Palace (Legiobanka), formerly the D34 Theatre, in the passageway of the palace of the same name on the Na Po č í street in Prague. Archa Theatre is currently a universally beneficial company, supported by grants from Prague's capital for £ 20. 000. 000 Czech kronor.
15. Zvěstování Přesvaté Bohorodice
The Church of the Virgin Mary, or the Orthodox Temple of the P å scival Bohorodice, is a small Gothic building built at the Servite Monastery. Below Vy š ehrad in the valley of Boti č, Prague, in the new town of Prague. The church is dedicated to the Proclamation of the Virgin Mary and, together with the Abbey, has been a monument since 1958. It was founded by Charles IV. 24.3. Built and constructed between 1360 and 1375. His present appearance is mainly neo-Gothic. The Orthodox Church has been using it since 1995.
16. Galerie Rudolfinum
The Rudolfinum Gallery was founded on 1 January. In January 1994, as a national institution, it was managed and funded by the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic. It sits alongside the Czech Philharmonic in the historic Neo-Renaissance Rudolfina building in the Old City, which was incorporated in 1994-09. From January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2011, it organized the connection at the Art Industry Museum in Prague. Since January 1, 2012, it has once again become a part of the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra.
17. svatý Štěpán
The St. Stephen's Church is located in Štěpánská street in Prague 2, New Town. It is a church from the second half of the 14th century, which was built near the Romanesque St. Stephen rotunda. The church was dedicated to St. Stephen, traditionally regarded as the first martyr of Christianity, who was, according to the Acts of the Apostles, a deacon in the early church at Jerusalem who aroused the enmity of members of various synagogues by his teachings. And then rotunda was dedicated to St. Longin.
18. Panna Marie Bolestná
The Church of Our Lady of Sorrows at the Elizabethans is a single-nave High Baroque church with a turret in the façade from 1724-1725. It was designed by Kilián Ignác Dientzenhofer as part of the neighbouring Elizabethan monastery with st. Elizabeth's Hospital Na Slupi. Together with the monastery complex, it is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic. It stands in Na Slupi Street on the southern outskirts of the New Town in Prague, south of the Botanical Garden of Charles University.
Gorlice is an underground hall in casemates inside the walls of Prague's Vyšehrad. It is located in the northeast, 33rd bastion, to the east of the Brick Gate. The hall is vaulted with a barrel vault 13 meters high and has an area of about 330 m². It originally served as a gathering place for troops and a warehouse for supplies and ammunition. Gorlice was opened to the public after reconstruction in the 90s of the 20th century. The space is used for exhibitions and theatre performances.
20. svatý Jan Křtitel Na prádle
John's Church of Napradel the Baptist is a Romanesque Gothic church first mentioned in 1142 in the south of Mala Strana in Prague 1, situated in the wedge of Rome and V å hrd á Street, near the islands of the ⅷ ertovka and Kampa. The church is protected as a cultural monument in the Czech Republic. The name reminds that after the cancellation, the church acts as a laundry room. Today, it is used as the parish church of the Huss Church in Czechoslovakia.
21. svatý Martin
Rotunda St. Located in Vy š ehrad, the Martina Hotel is the best preserved rotunda in the Prague area. From construction to the present, many changes have taken place in buildings, whether they are buildings or ways of use. Rotunda was built in Romanesque style, which was preserved by re-romanticizing due to later reconstructions. The current owner is the surrender of Visehrad, and the crowd often proceeds in spin and can be seen after the arrangement.
22. svatý Karel Boromejský
The Church of St. Charles Borromeo is originally a monastic Roman Catholic church in the Lesser Town in the area of the Hospital of the Sisters of Mercy of St. Charles Borromeo "Pod Petřínem", built in the Classicist style in connection with the construction of this hospital and consecrated on November 4, 1855. It is located in the city district prague 1-Lesser Town. Its address is Vlašská 336/36. It is protected as an immovable cultural monument.
23. Paví vrch
Peacock Hill (281 m above sea level) is a hill in Prague-Smíchov, above the fold of Radlická Street. The southern slope forms the slope of the Radlický stream valley. On the north side there is the Santoška Park. To the top of the hill leads the street Nad Santoškou, which is followed by the serpentine of the street Na Pavím vrchu and a nameless purpose-built road. For pedestrians, the hill is accessible from multiple sides.
24. Státní opera Praha
The State Opera is an opera house in Prague, Czech Republic. It is part of the National Theatre of the Czech Republic, founded by Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic in 1992. The theatre itself originally opened in 1888 as the New German Theatre and from 1949 to 1989 it was known as the Smetana Theatre. More recently it was renamed the Prague State Opera. Currently it is home to approximately 300 performances a year.
25. Pomáhat a chránit
The Police of the Czech Republic is the national law enforcement agency of the Czech Republic. It was established on 15 July 1991 under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of the Interior. The agency is tasked with protecting citizens, property and public order and as of 2015, there were around 40,500 employees. Czech state police cooperates with municipal police departments, which are present in local municipalities.
26. Panna Maria pod Řetězem
The Church of Notre Dame under the chain is a Roman Catholic monastery church located in the order of Yohani. It is an unfinished twist of a medieval Maltese temple, starting in Romanesque style. Today's churches are only reserved for the priests of temples. Along with the neighboring Comorian buildings in Malta, it is protected as a cultural monument. Spa Street in Prague District 1, located in Mal á Strana.
27. svatý Jiří
St. George's Church in Hloubet í n is the Roman Catholic parish church in Prague. Hloubet í nsk á Land Registry located on the street of Hloubet í nsk á in the 14th district of Prague. This is a Gothic single church with many neo-Gothic modifications. The church is the main temple of the Crimson Parish and is commanded by the Red Star Cruiser. In 1958, the church was declared a non-monument.
28. Brána nenávratna
The Gate of Irretrievability, designed by Aleš Veselý, is a monumental symbol of the place where war transports of Jews to concentration camps passed. It was erected on 9 March 2015 at the Bubny railway station, which is to become a memorial commemorating the place from which 50,000 Jewish citizens of Czechoslovakia were deported to the ghettos in Łódź and Terezín during World War II.
29. svatý archanděl Michael
Temple Mount. Archangel Michael is also the Holy Church of Carpathians. Michala et al. is a fully Orthodox Greek Catholic lemur temple built in 1625 at the villa of Velk á Lou č ek near Mukachev, sold and transferred to Medvedovec in 1793. In 1929, it was demolished, transferred and rebuilt in the Kinsk å garden of Sm í chov in Prague 5. On October 28, 2020, the church was burned down.
30. Herkulova kašna
The Herkules Hotel is located in the Prague Royal Gardens of Prague Castle. It originated in 1670 and was created by sculptor Jan Ji ™ í Bendl. The sculpture depicts Heraclo struggling with three-headed Kerr. From its muzzle, water is sprayed onto smaller shell-shaped tanks, from where it flows into larger bowls at the bottom. The fountain sits in a huge and beautifully decorated niche.
31. Žižkovský vysílač
The Žižkov Television Tower is a transmitter tower built in Prague between 1985 and 1992. Designed by the architect Václav Aulický and the structural engineer Jiří Kozák, it stands high above the city's traditional skyline from its position on top of a hill in the district of Žižkov, from which it takes its name. The tower is an example of high-tech architecture.
32. Cihelná brána
The Brick Gate, also known as the New Gate, is an Empire gate in Prague's Vyšehrad district. It is located in the northern part of the Vyšehrad fortifications and provides access to the citadel from the north, from the New Town. From the New Town there is access to the gate from Vratislavova Street, which is followed by V Pevnosti Street in Vyšehrad.
The Center for Contemporary Art, DOX, is a multifunctional space dedicated to the presentation of contemporary art, architecture and design. It was established by rebuilding a former factory in Prague's Hole š ovice district and opened in 2008. The name DOX comes from the Greek doxa, which includes the way to understand things, opinions and beliefs.
34. Muzeum městské hromadné dopravy v Praze
The Museum of Public Transport in Prague was opened in May 1993 by dopravní podnik hl. m. Prahy a. s. in the Střešovice depot in connection with the termination of its regular operation in 1992. Vehicles from the museum collections are protected as technical monuments, and the depot itself was declared a technical monument at the end of 1991.
35. Komunitní centrum svatého Prokopa
The San Procop Island Community Center is the Pramino Church and Community Center of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Pra-Stotorek, built in 2001, in the east of the Sun Square, in part of the southwestern city, in Stodo š lky, Prague, near the Härka subway station and the city hall in Prague's 13th district, near Härky Street.
36. Bílkova vila
The Villa Bílek is a house designed by the Czech sculptor and architect František Bílek in 1911. The villa is located in Hradčany neighbourhood of Prague, Czech Republic, several minutes walk from Hradčanská metro station or Prague Castle. It was designed originally for Bílek himself as his residence and studio.
37. Julius Zeyer
The Julia Zeyer Monument is a statue in a cave made of artificial granite rock that is part of a stream, pond and bridge east of Chotkov á Orchard No. 1 in Prague. The monument has been protected as a cultural monument since 1958, and it has been part of the Prague Castle National Cultural Monument since 1999.
38. Divadlo Kampa
The Kampa Theatre, formerly the Little Nostice Theatre, is a small scene at the Little Square Theatre at No. 1 in Prague. The theater was founded in 2010. Located on the ruins of the Michnes Palace in Vacinova on Nosticova Street. 634/2 a. The director of the Kampa Theatre is Iveta Du š kov á, since 2014.
39. svatý Vojtěch
St. Voitch Church in Prague New Town is a Roman Catholic parish church. It is located on Vojt Υ š sk á street in Nov é M μ sto, not far from the National Centre for the Performing Arts and facing southeast. Originally a Gothic Baroque reconstructed church, it was protected as a cultural monument.
40. Ateliér Ladislava Šalouna
Šaloun Villa or Šalounova vila is a studio in Prague designed by and for the sculptor Ladislav Šaloun. The villa was designed and built to construct the Jan Hus Memorial but it was also a meeting place for the Czech intelligentsia. Today the building has been restored and it is used for education.
41. svatý Roch
The Church of Saint Roch, located on Olšany Square, is the oldest church in present-day Žižkov, a cadastral district of Prague, Czech Republic. The Baroque structure was built between 1680 and 1682 by Jan Hainric, probably according to plans by the renowned French architect Jean Baptiste Mathey.
42. Václav Morávek
Václav Morávek was a Czechoslovak Brigadier General and national hero, one of the best known personalities of the Czech antinazi rezistance and a member of the famous resistance group called the Three Kings. He is also the protagonist in the Czech TV series Three Kings, inspired by his group.
43. svatý Mikuláš
The Church of Saint Nicholas is a Baroque church in the Lesser Town of Prague. It was built between 1704-1755 on the site where formerly a Gothic church from the 13th century stood, which was also dedicated to Saint Nicholas. It has been described as the greatest example of Prague Baroque.
44. MacNevenův palác
McNevan's, McNevan's, McNevan's, or McNevan's Palace, otherwise called Palack's House, is a historic building on Palack's Street. No.7 719/II is in Prague's New City 1, connecting Vodekov á and Jungmannova Street, near Vaclav Square. The building is protected as a cultural monument.
45. vila Osvěta
Ov μ zm í l's villa is a building located at 165/22 JanMasaryk Street, Vinohrady, Prague. From 1886 to 1889, Tom á š Garrigue Masaryk lived here with his wife Charlotte, aged 14. In September 1886, their son, Jan, was born and later Minister for Foreign Affairs of Czechoslovakia.
46. Francisk Skaryna
Francysk Skaryna was a Belarusian humanist, physician, and translator. He is known to be one of the first book printers in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and in all of Eastern Europe, laying the groundwork for the development of the Belarusian izvod of the Church Slavonic language.
47. Studio Ypsilon
Ypsilon Studios, founded in 1963 in Liberec, is an experimental studio for several art majors, mainly led by puppet masters. In 1978, the theater moved to Prague. The theatre was not always a stand-alone theatre, and it was not until 1990 that it became a stand-alone stage.
48. Ditrichštejnský palác
The Dietrichstein Palace, also called Valter's Palace (Walter's), is a Neo-Baroque palace that houses the Apostolic Nunciature. It is located in Voršilská Street No. 140/12 in the New Town in Prague 1. It is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic.
49. Praha, památková rezervace
Prague is the capital and largest city in the Czech Republic, and the historical capital of Bohemia. On the Vltava river, Prague is home to about 1.3 million people. The city has a temperate oceanic climate, with relatively warm summers and chilly winters.
50. Chvalský zámek
Chvaly Chateau is an architectural monument located in the horní Počernice district. His address is Na Chvalské tvrzi 857. The chateau forms a building unit with the adjacent church of St. Ludmila and is registered in the Central List of Monuments.
51. svatý Jan Nepomucký
The Chapel of St. John of Nepomuk in Prague Radlice is a simple Baroque chapel from 1722. The chapel is located at Radlická 150/333, in Prague 5-Radlice, next to the new office building at the tram stop and loop at the Radlická metro station line B.
52. Podskalská celnice na Výtoni
The Museum in Podskalská celnice na Výtoň is a two-storey stone building of the former Podskalská customs house in a part of the Vltava embankment called Výtoň in Prague 2, at rašínovo nábřeží 412. It currently serves as a thematic museum.
53. Klausová synagoga
The Klausen Synagogue is nowadays the largest synagogue in the former Prague Jewish ghetto and the sole example of an early Baroque synagogue in the ghetto. Today the synagogue is administered by the Jewish Museum in Prague.
54. svatý Kajetán
Gaetano dei Conti di Thiene, known as Saint Cajetan, was an Italian Catholic priest and religious reformer, co-founder of the Theatines. He is recognised as a saint in the Catholic Church, and his feast day is 7 August.
55. Müllerova vila
The Villa Müller is a Modernist villa in Prague, Czech Republic built in 1930. It was designed by Adolf Loos as a residence for František Müller, co-owner of the Kapsa-Müller construction company from Pilsen.
56. Panna Maria Vítězná
The Church of Our Lady of Victories, also referred as the Shrine of the Infant Jesus of Prague, in Malá Strana, the "Lesser Quarter" of Prague, is a church governed and administered by the Discalced Carmelites.
57. Nová scéna Národního Divadla
The new scene for the National Theatre is a modern post-modern theater building built on the National Avenue in Prague's new city from 1977 to 1983. In 2021, Xinjing Building was declared a cultural relic.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.